Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
39 minutes ago, louannems said:

Poor bored Jenni and James glued to his phone!

He's like 16 and his boring sister dragged him to an amusement park that looks like it only has rides for toddlers. Then they had Jill's birthday lunch at Little Caesars, I'd be angry as hell. Screenshot_20180519-103019.thumb.jpg.0bba0a5f860f69f6c62023eb0e54baa3.jpgScreenshot_20180519-102951-636x537.jpg.2f78bc57f87d485b0e40856caa38f48c.jpgScreenshot_20180519-103230-718x542.thumb.jpg.7a1aae230f0b5d159843c58225afe909.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

Who eats in the parking lot? What in the hell do they have against eating in a restaurant, or even waiting until they get home to eat? Not even for Jill’s birthday lunch? It’s like they were raised in a barn.

My hypothesis? They are trying to avoid tipping.

• Love 24

I think Silver Dollar City doesn't  have the newer super kind of rides for older ages but they do have some of the basic ones as we've seen them on 19K&C.  IIRC, they got Grandma Duggar to get on a twirly ride she wasn't too sure of.  They tricked one of the Query girls to get on a roller coaster when they knew she didn't like them. That was just mean.  I think JB was in charge of that prank.  Just like the Amy & the clown incident.

I'm hoping James & Jenny (not sure if it was her, I get them mixed up) got to go off & get on the older rides themselves even if they did need to have a buddy pal along. 

27 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Who eats in the parking lot? What in the hell do they have against eating in a restaurant, or even waiting until they get home to eat? Not even for Jill’s birthday lunch? It’s like they were raised in a barn.

Classless heathens.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

So what's Derelict's job again? Y'all know the one I'm talking about. It's the one in which he apparently doesn't ever have to show up.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Stoopid tablet
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Little Ceasar's is strictly takeaway pizza. It's fast and cheap, but there is no inside (or outside) seating. Ours sells large pepperoni pizza for $6 and it's right by my grandson's daycare. I tend to grab one on busy nights just before payday.

Jill's "buddies" look unimpressed and totally bored. I'm guessing even the TTH is better than walking through a kiddie park and eating cheap pizza in the parking lot.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 14
(edited)

Silver Dollar City has plenty of fun/scary rides for adults and older kids. I have no idea why James and Jenni weren't off by themselves having fun. 

Who footed the bill for this "party," I wonder? Seems an expensive and odd choice for the birthday of a grown-ass woman.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 9
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Portia said:

Silver Dollar City has plenty of fun/scary rides for adults and older kids. I have no idea why James and Jenni weren't off by themselves having fun. 

Let's see, James might molest Jenni; they might see people dressed NIKE and not avert their eyes; they might actually have a fun time; they might get the idea that they don't need to be constantly supervised and suddenly rebel against everything their parents have brainwashed them with and run off to join the real world.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 22
(edited)
6 hours ago, graefin said:

Let's play a game. How many times can Jill Dillard exclaim "yay!" in one 2 minute, 45 second video? If you guessed 5, you'd be wrong. Go higher.

I believe it was eight..what's my prize? (I have no life)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Heathen said:

My kind are so maligned! :O

:D 

That sounds like a great title for a song! (I was just off on an extended romp through YouTube land, reliving bits of old musicals, and this line fit perfectly into "You've Got to Pick a Pocket or Two" which happened to be running through my head)

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Little Ceasar's is strictly takeaway pizza. It's fast and cheap, but there is no inside (or outside) seating. Ours sells large pepperoni pizza for $6 

My husband is as cheap as Jim Bob and loves this place.

I'd rather eat the box it comes in. ?

On second thought...It's a cheap way to eat if you don't have a j.o.b.

Nothing against you @Nysha, it's also my grown kids go to meal for their kids on busy nights when they don't have time to cook, because they all work.

Edited by ChiCricket
having apostrophe anxiety
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I believe it was eight..what's my prize? (I have no life)

Really? I counted seven. If it was eight, she's even less redeemable than I thought.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:
11 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

It’s like they were raised in a barn.

Well, yes.

Don't forget Jesus was born in one. If it's good enough for Him...

• Love 4

I occasionally grab one of the $5 Hot and Ready's when I don't feel like cooking, and they're okay, but it's not something I would choose for a birthday dinner. I guess Derelict and Jill were too cheap to go someplace decent and pay for meals for James and Jenni.

• Love 9

I can see how trying to have fun at one of the amusement parks that don't charge $50.00 each for admission would be wise.  As long as the safety is okay.  (I'm funny about that and very wary of rides now days, though, years ago rode with abandon.)  And eating pizza is sometimes a better deal than going in for a sit down meal, though, I don't care for it. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can see how trying to have fun at one of the amusement parks that don't charge $50.00 each for admission would be wise.  As long as the safety is okay.  (I'm funny about that and very wary of rides now days, though, years ago rode with abandon.)  And eating pizza is sometimes a better deal than going in for a sit down meal, though, I don't care for it. 

It’s not the choice so much as it’s the eating in the parking lot. We get fast food/subs and go to the park quite frequently. It’s just so weird to eat in a parking lot. They seem to eat in the car/parking lot frequently and it’s bizarre 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Trillium said:

It’s not the choice so much as it’s the eating in the parking lot. We get fast food/subs and go to the park quite frequently. It’s just so weird to eat in a parking lot. They seem to eat in the car/parking lot frequently and it’s bizarre 

Oh, I didn't realize that.  I'm not sure why it might be a regular thing.  With us, it normally happened because the kids were too tired to enter a restaurant, fussy, having meltdowns or close to it, so you want to feed everyone and get on the road home asap. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I didn't realize that.  I'm not sure why it might be a regular thing.  With us, it normally happened because the kids were too tired to enter a restaurant, fussy, having meltdowns or close to it, so you want to feed everyone and get on the road home asap. 

There have been other pictures of them enjoying a “date” in the car. Not just a snack or a cup of coffee, but eating a meal. It doesn’t seem to be the case where they are rushing somewhere and grabbing something quick on the way or doing it because of the kids, which are both situations I can totally understand. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

There have been other pictures of them enjoying a “date” in the car. Not just a snack or a cup of coffee, but eating a meal. It doesn’t seem to be the case where they are rushing somewhere and grabbing something quick on the way or doing it because of the kids, which are both situations I can totally understand. 

Hmmm.....that is a mystery.  

2 hours ago, Trillium said:

If a parking lot was good enough for Jessa's wedding reception, it is certainly good enough for Jill's birthday celebration.  Typical Duggar style.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, graefin said:

Really? I counted seven. If it was eight, she's even less redeemable than I thought.

You're right..one was a yeah..not a yay..I rewatched it.

WTH is wrong with me?  I really need to get another hobby.

• Love 7

have any of you actually been to silver doller city? contemplating, no planning really, to take my g-boys there this summer while on a road trip. they are 8 and 12 -- will  they enjoy the place or is it too young for them?

• Love 2

I just looked at their website, it looks like they have a good cross of adult and kids rides. Pricey for the size of the park though. For $65 a ticket, I'd need a TON more stuff to do and see. Which begs the question, how are the Duggars affording multiple trips a year? It seems like they are there in some configuration of family members a couple times a year. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

I just looked at their website, it looks like they have a good cross of adult and kids rides. Pricey for the size of the park though. For $65 a ticket, I'd need a TON more stuff to do and see. Which begs the question, how are the Duggars affording multiple trips a year? It seems like they are there in some configuration of family members a couple times a year. 

Season ticket passes come with some guest passes.  Those about $100/adult and cover the full season. Kids 3 and under are free.  There are also usually deals that the parks run during the off-season to make the season pass more enticing to buy.  With all the filming done there, they might even be given free or discounted season passes.

Edited by saylubee
2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

i was just on their website too, trying to decided if its worth the money. i guess when i compare it to paying for disney, it sounds like a bargain. in truth, i WAS surprised at how expensive it is to go there though, for what it looks like online. i need to check the height of my twins to see if they will be restricted to only certain rides -- might change my plan if thats the case. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, zoomama said:

have any of you actually been to silver doller city? contemplating, no planning really, to take my g-boys there this summer while on a road trip. they are 8 and 12 -- will  they enjoy the place or is it too young for them?

I grew up going to Silver Dollar City, and my husband and I took our kids there several times when they were kids/young teens. (Then we moved to an area where the beach was closer than the Ozarks.) I loooove SDC. To me it's far better than Six Flags because in addition to rides, there are demonstrations all sorts of old-timey activities like glass-blowing and candy making.  The rides are good too, and they've added more thrill rides over the years to keep up with other parks. Also, there's a great cave right on site. I love me a cave tour!

Edited by Portia
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, zoomama said:

We went once when I was around five or six. It was okay, but Worlds of Fun was more, well, fun. 

• Love 2

I used to go to SDC when I was a C of O student because on certain days my student ID got me free entry. I had fun on the rides because I love roller coasters. A lot of the other stuff I found hokey, though some of it is interesting.

But I haven't gone since graduating and wouldn't go unless someone can get me in on one of the local days because I do think it's pretty pricey. And I always personally tried to avoid weekends if at all possible or would go in the off-season because the crowds can cause the wait times for rides to really add up. Might not bother some people, but patience with crowds is not one of my virtues. A coworker told me her son went recently to test out the new roller coaster, and there was a 3 hour wait for the ride. 

• Love 1

I used to live in the area where Silver Dollar City is located.  I don't know who currently owns the place, but it used to be owned by a VERY religious family.  If ownership hasn't changed hands, it wouldn't surprise me if the entire Duggar family gets free admission because of the religion factor.  The owners might feel it's worth the free publicity since no Duggar can go anyplace without bragging about it on social media.   Love them or hate them, the Duggars have plenty of followers, so it gets the word out with no effort or real cost to SDC. 

• Love 3