Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Suzanne brought up the fact about Princess Diana was a virgin. She said they wanted proof so Queen Elizabeth had her go to the royal gynecologist to be checked and stamped with approval.

Is that true??  If so, shame on them.  That's awful.  I remember reading about some fundie father who was providing a certificate of purity online.  I find it so sick and degrading that any person would be considered less than over something like that.  Just disgusting!

7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

From my experience, I think Derick's slide into asshattery began with his father's death.  I'm sure if his father was still alive he would not be like this. 

I've suspected this as well.  I think it threw Cathy for a loop too and then the cancer really melted her mind.  Hopefully Dan has retained some sanity.  He seems okay, but we really don't see or hear much from him.  I guess that actually shows some critical thinking on his part.  He could be just as hateful as the rest of them, though.  I do have a grain of sympathy for them over the sudden death of their dad, but it does not excuse the hateful things that come from Derrick and Cathy.  I wonder if they got any mental health assistance or do they believe that is just for heathens.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Reminds me of Designing Women when Charlene was getting ready to meet Bill's family after they got engaged. Suzanne brought up the fact about Princess Diana was a virgin. She said they wanted proof so Queen Elizabeth had her go to the royal gynecologist to be checked and stamped with approval.

I read about that in a biography of Prince Charles.  Apparently the Queen was very keen on Charles marrying a virgin.  Charles waited so long to get married that the pool of eligible unmarried virgins was so small he did not have much of a choice of bride.  There were only young girls like Diana who were barely out of their teens. 

• Love 2

That stuff about Diana's virginity being "confirmed" is bunk. An intact hymen isn't proof of virginity or lack thereof. 

Back on topic: Rick Dullard must have been at least a little nutty. I can't see his death changing his widow and his older son from normal to nuts just like that. 

• Love 13

The generic birthday greetings continue to be posted publicly in all their pathetic glory.  The few sentences that her parents (assuming they were the ones to write this) managed to cobble together tell us nothing about Jill; in fact, you could replace Jill with any of the married daughters and still have everything stated be accurate.

Why is it that EVERY SINGLE DESCRIPTION of their children is basically the same characterization of a godly son/daughter/wife/husband with a servant's heart with a bunch of meaningless filler in between? Have they really been raised to be clones of each other with NO individual traits or interests apart from God, or do their parents just know so little about them that they are unable to describe them in more than the same vague, cookie-cutter terms that can be applied to everyone?

The Bateses may belong to the same horrible cult with the same fucked-up belief system and have raised their large brood largely using the same questionable methods, but Kelly obviously knows (and values) each one of her children well enough to describe them as individuals. You really get a sense of who they are by reading her tributes, and as far as I can remember, there's not usually one reference to God.

• Love 23
(edited)

So honored to be your parents and to watch you blossom into a wise woman, wife and mother. Get out the shovel ladies and gentlemen, the manure is getting mighty deep. And notice in the one picture Deredick has hand on wisely wifey with a semi-creepy look on his face. I just came up with a new nickname for Jill-Wisely Wifey  or WW for short. Enough to make you gag, but still...

Edited by bigskygirl

Geesh.  Can you not describe a single child by what they like?  Their dreams and aspirations? What they've accomplished in the past year or in their life?  Apparently no.  And who picked those photos?  The first one has her in that horrific sweatpants skirt, but not a single one of them are looking at the camera - they are are looking at another camera - you couldn't have used a photo with them looking towards you?  Pic 2 - Jill appears to be in shock - probably at some large word that she's struggling to pronounce.  Pic 3 - I believe Jim Boob is farther along then she is and Pic 4 where here sisters all look so thrilled to be there (sarcasm font).  Eyeroll at parents of the year.

• Love 13
(edited)
13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

So honored to be your parents and to watch you blossom into a wise woman, wife and mother. Get out the shovel ladies and gentlemen, the manure is getting mighty deep. And notice in the one picture Deredick has hand on wisely wifey with a semi-creepy look on his face. I just came up with a new nickname for Jill-Wisely Wifey  or WW for short. Enough to make you gag, but still...

They can mention God, but why not say something about her that is really about her. I guess like everyone says, they haven't a clue. 

Could they not say how important of a person she is to them? Or mention her midwifery? A talent she might have? Anything? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5
On 5/15/2018 at 2:26 PM, Natalie68 said:

I just had a dreaded thought pop into my mind.  Thank god family variety shows are no longer a thing or we would be stuck with the Dillard Family Fun Hour with screechy violins, Kirk Cameron guest hosting, a Dillard version of the Branson Dixie Stampede, bible verses tossed in and Jackson mugging for the camera in a jaunty hat.  OY!  Ma and Pa Duggar coming out in Minnie Pearl/Hee Haw costumes.  You can picture it can't you???!!!

Don’t forget the rootingest tootingest marksmanship of Pistol Pete! That would be a show

• Love 5

Yea I'd love to ask them:  Name 3 of Jill's favorite food.

Name one place in the world she'd love to visit for an actual vacation.

Name one of her favorite musical groups

Name one of her favorite authors - the Bible and those in it do not count.

I'm pretty sure they would fail.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

From an old ep I think one of her fav foods was tacos.  I figure her fav authors are either she and her sisters OR JimBoob and Meechelle.  I would guess Dollywood or Branson, MO for vacation locale.  Musical groups?  Does she know of any?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

What talent does she have? I will get back to you on this.

Not exactly sure but there has to be something she does well enough --- cook? Or maybe she is a whiz at math? 

10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

From an old ep I think one of her fav foods was tacos.  I figure her fav authors are either she and her sisters OR JimBoob and Meechelle.  I would guess Dollywood or Branson, MO for vacation locale.  Musical groups?  Does she know of any?

They could have come up with some kind of anecdote about her and tacos or whatever! 

Sometimes I think all the imagination in this entire family is crushed out of them as the get older. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Not exactly sure but there has to be something she does well enough --- cook? Or maybe she is a whiz at math? 

They could have come up with some kind of anecdote about her and tacos or whatever! 

Sometimes I think all the imagination in this entire family is crushed out of them as the get older. 

She cannot figure out a basic recipe involving math, so I will say math and cooking is out of her league.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

She cannot figure out a basic recipe involving math, so I will say math and cooking is out of her league.

Well, yes, I figured on that but they can't come up with anything? She has nice handwriting? Didn't she play a musical instrument? 

40 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

And we have a winner. You, @Natalie68 officially know more about Jilly Muffin than her own "parents" do!

• Love 18
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Well perhaps, as the saying goes...if you can't say anything nice....

22 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Come sit next to me!

i'll bring the wine and beer, or tequilla because they go good with tacos, right?!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think the very PURPOSE of this family and their cult is to crush any sign of imagination or individuality. So, sad as it is, they literally do not have anything else to say to her without subverting their own core principles.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think they are born lacking any imagination, or a sense of humor, for that matter.  TBFTGOGGI.

6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

From my experience, I think Derick's slide into asshattery began with his father's death.  I'm sure if his father was still alive he would not be like this. 

6 hours ago, Normades said:

I've suspected this as well.  I think it threw Cathy for a loop too and then the cancer really melted her mind.  Hopefully Dan has retained some sanity.  He seems okay, but we really don't see or hear much from him.  I guess that actually shows some critical thinking on his part.  He could be just as hateful as the rest of them, though.  I do have a grain of sympathy for them over the sudden death of their dad, but it does not excuse the hateful things that come from Derrick and Cathy.  I wonder if they got any mental health assistance or do they believe that is just for heathens.  

Remember that we gave Cathy a TON of credit when they were first married and talked a lot about how she should "have a talk" with Derick about getting a job, not homeschooling his kids, etc. It turns out that Cathy is (at least) as bat-shit crazy as Derick. We know nothing about Derick's father except a few photos where he looks like a decent man and a loving father -- we could be just as off about him as we were about Cathy.

Dan seems to be a decent guy, and he doesn't have any sort of obnoxious SM presence that we know about. He did, however, just quit his job with the Boy Scouts because they decided to accept girls. He's newly married and his wife is pregnant, but "admitting girls" was a bridge to far and he simply had to walk away from gainful employment -- sounds like a religious nut to me.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Remember that we gave Cathy a TON of credit when they were first married and talked a lot about how she should "have a talk" with Derick about getting a job, not homeschooling his kids, etc. It turns out that Cathy is (at least) as bat-shit crazy as Derick. We know nothing about Derick's father except a few photos where he looks like a decent man and a loving father -- we could be just as off about him as we were about Cathy.

Dan seems to be a decent guy, and he doesn't have any sort of obnoxious SM presence that we know about. He did, however, just quit his job with the Boy Scouts because they decided to accept girls. He's newly married and his wife is pregnant, but "admitting girls" was a bridge to far and he simply had to walk away from gainful employment -- sounds like a religious nut to me.

Dan Dullard, a man with a pregnant wife, quit a good job because the organization decided girls weren't contagious? Nice. Maybe he can get on at Cross Church, too. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Oddly, Dan didn't quit over the Boy Scouts' decision to allow gay troop leaders in 2015 or to allow transgender children in 2017.  Given the Dillard family's belief system, I'm surprised that he didn't bail out over one of those issues.  But, NOooooo, admitting girls to troops was far worse!

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Oddly, Dan didn't quit over the Boy Scouts' decision to allow gay troop leaders in 2015 or to allow transgender children in 2017.  Given the Dillard family's belief system, I'm surprised that he didn't bail out over one of those issues.  But, NOooooo, admitting girls to troops was far worse!

Sooooooo ... does brother Dan, with a pregnant wife, have another job lined up or ...

8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wifey...here we go again....

So whose arm is outstretched and holding the phone for this shot? I find selfies like this to be particularly lame.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I think the very PURPOSE of this family and their cult is to crush any sign of imagination or individuality. So, sad as it is, they literally do not have anything else to say to her without subverting their own core principles.

This is where I am, too. There has to be some strategy behind such generic statements. 

The pictures, perfectly called out by @DragonFaerie, got me wondering if they post/take pictures of just one child. All I recall off hand are group shots, with the exception of pregnant belly pictures and Jill’s maniacal open mouthed pics.

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Oh but I'm guessing he wanted to quit in 2015 and 2017, he probably had a brain cell that was louder and smarter than the rest. He left when the topic wasn't quite as polarizing or offensive to others in his mind. I think this typical looking family is coocoo for cocoa puffs and Mr B has been wise in his decision to lay low.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

The thing is that if you asked these questions directly to Jill she would have no better answers. Her favorite foods are  either of the TaterTot school of culinary excellence which she grew up with or something which Dreck has instilled in her as an exotic hearkening back to his Glory Days of bona fide missionary work. Favorite vacation spots would doubtless be anywhere she and Dreck spent a moment alone more than  10  minutes from the TTH. Musical groups...um...wha....? I dunno....Authors? Um...who wrote that Tuttle Twins stuff? That'll do.

• Love 13
Just now, Jynnan tonnix said:

The thing is that if you asked these questions directly to Jill she would have no better answers. Her favorite foods are  either of the TaterTot school of culinary excellence which she grew up with or something which Dreck has instilled in her as an exotic hearkening back to his Glory Days of bona fide missionary work. Favorite vacation spots would doubtless be anywhere she and Dreck spent a moment alone more than  10  minutes from the TTH. Musical groups...um...wha....? I dunno....Authors? Um...who wrote that Tuttle Twins stuff? That'll do.

Too true. And her favorite author would be whatever book she has Izzy holding in an Instagram pic.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Hahahahaha!  Cook??  Math??

• Love 4
10 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

So whose arm is outstretched and holding the phone for this shot? I find selfies like this to be particularly lame.

I know that Jill takes her cues from Michelle and Jim Bob who have to kiss every time the cameras are on, but most people are turned off by this constant kissy-face posted on social media. Those photos don't look genuine and certainly don't look romantic.

According to a 2014 study published in a US psychology journal, "Those who excessively post in social media, especially pertaining to displays of affection are narcissistic and not normal.

"Exorbitant posting of seemingly positive status may be a thin veil to obscure the real problem: insecurity.

"One of those signs of insecurity is you don't know how to address it. And then all of a sudden, there is now an easy platform to cure that insecurity."

The same study concluded that the more times that a partner feels insecure about his partner’s feelings, he tends to make their relationship more visible online. The goal is to compensate by making others who are online feel that everything in the relationship is going smoothly. The more “likes” and other positive comments people receive with regards to their relationships, the more they feel convinced and reassured of the relationship.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

The same study concluded that the more times that a partner feels insecure about his partner’s feelings, he tends to make their relationship more visible online. The goal is to compensate by making others who are online feel that everything in the relationship is going smoothly. The more “likes” and other positive comments people receive with regards to their relationships, the more they feel convinced and reassured of the relationship.

It's like the old saying, "Sex is like money...the people who really have it, don't talk about it."

• Love 20
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh but I'm guessing he wanted to quit in 2015 and 2017, he probably had a brain cell that was louder and smarter than the rest. He left when the topic wasn't quite as polarizing or offensive to others in his mind. I think this typical looking family is coocoo for cocoa puffs and Mr B has been wise in his decision to lay low.

I didn't know about him quitting his job over the icky girls, so that takes Dan off the list of possibly not being as batshit crazy as the rest of them.  It also really makes me wonder about dear old dad.  When I read about Dan quitting, I thought exactly what you posted.  He waited it to try and not look like the nasty bigot he (and his family) is.  At least he seems to stay out of the twitter wars with his twit brother.  That's the best thing I can say for him.

• Love 2

A know a woman worse than Jill. She constantly posts all the mediocre things her boyfriend does. She posts every single "date" even if it's just them getting fast food or coffee. She's incredibly insecure and still not over her ex moving on. If I did the same my life would seem so eventful. I could make it seem like Mr Lunera and I go on about 20 dates a week. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Normades said:

I didn't know about him quitting his job over the icky girls, so that takes Dan off the list of possibly not being as batshit crazy as the rest of them.  It also really makes me wonder about dear old dad.  When I read about Dan quitting, I thought exactly what you posted.  He waited it to try and not look like the nasty bigot he (and his family) is.  At least he seems to stay out of the twitter wars with his twit brother.  That's the best thing I can say for him.

Has anyone had it confirmed that's why he quit? My understanding was that his job took him out into the woods a lot, and working in camping can be a lot for someone with a newborn. Did he find an office job instead?

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I'm sorry, "that's what you'll get?"  Is he referring to people believing tabloid stories or is he talking about blocking people?  Because if it's the latter...man, this dude is just way too big for his britches.  I need clarification before I say anything more.

13 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

Incredibly lame, because not only are they posed and contrived, but it's likely multiple shots had to be taken for her to get them both at just the right angle.  So, not exactly a spontaneous demonstration of true love.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, questionfear said:

Has anyone had it confirmed that's why he quit? My understanding was that his job took him out into the woods a lot, and working in camping can be a lot for someone with a newborn. Did he find an office job instead?

It wasn't confirmed he keeps pretty quiet on SM. I did find this on his LinkedIn page. The Waltons are the founders of Wal-Mart. Screenshot_20180518-083724.thumb.jpg.a3ed048fa68c632d1a050587f5b201a2.jpg

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Deena's birthday message to Jill.

Once again, Sammy is plopped in his carrier and no one is holding him for a fucking family photo. That poor kid must be touch starved. And Jill and Derick are too clueless to see how it looks. Please god, no more children for these two. 

• Love 19

The most challenging conditions?!  Hardly!!  Unless she’s talking about living with Dillwad!  These people need to look at the (actual) news and do some reading on the challenging conditions in which people around the world are raising families. They have no clue about challenges 

And she isn’t raising her kids there, it was a brief period, and now they’re going in a “different direction“. 

• Love 24
18 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Once again, Sammy is plopped in his carrier and no one is holding him for a fucking family photo. That poor kid must be touch starved. And Jill and Derick are too clueless to see how it looks. Please god, no more children for these two. 

The fact that even Grandma Cathy is ignoring Sam speaks volumes.  I am not a grandma yet, but I can imagine that when I am I won't be able to resist holding my precious grandbabies at any and all opportunities.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Deena's birthday message to Jill.

Looks like Jill is still adhering to Boob's "Buy used and save the difference" mantra. I mean, look at Jill and Derrick compared to the other 3 adults! They both look like they just hopped off a freight train. 

• Love 11