Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder how Deredick and Jillykins are taking Jeremy's big news about him going to school. I bet Deredick is getting close to throwing a fit over it.

Oh, I bet he’s just sick over it!  All this time he’s been playing missionary and now Jeremy is going to become a REAL pastor!  

Outdone again, Dullard. No doubt the Twitter rants out of frustration with his life are going to get more intense. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 5/13/2018 at 6:00 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Ugh, wifey?  

Also my dyslexic brain, plus a ton of years around medicine and women health, reads Cathy's twitter handle - cldilla - as chlamydia - I think I read it as cle, dia and just my brain makes the connection.  Off to the prayer closet with a lot of booze.   

I see the same thing with Cathy's Twitter name. 

46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, is Derick really that out there? Severe weather is a sign of the end?

latest?cb=20171126021925

Isn't the "end of time" speak what all his form of Christian use to get people to believe? IDK I'm just an ebil Catholic that believes in science I just would ignore his bs. 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh, yes. God, being stuck in a different millennium, uses weather as signs. He could just tweet, but he's old and not good with computers and cell phones, which are not mentioned in the bible anyway.

Of course, believers with no sense of history can be easily convinced that no other time in history had storms, earthquakes, plagues, and no other place in history is as important as the US. Right-wing evangelicals are very, very important people, and god can finally send Jesus back to start a new world with the "right" people. Ponder a world of Dericks and Jills. 

I wish I were making this up, but I know people who really believe this stuff. They are looking forward to a great war in the Middle East and pray for it to happen as soon as possible. White evangelicals can do no wrong and will be rewarded. Derick oozes this exceptionalism but tries, unsuccessfully, not to be too obvious about it. 

• Love 23
(edited)
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1A74A693-60E6-47B9-8253-D6209487E849.png

Reminds me of my husband telling me a few days before we got the new heater we will not be getting one because the day before it was put in the world was going to end.  I guess God is trying to tell us something because some parts of Montana are getting hit with flooding including the Helena valley. Maybe I need to head down to the valley areas where the flooding is happening and tell the heathens to start praying and reading the bible in order to save themselves before the world ends before the flooding is a sign the end is nearing. I better start notifying city, county and state leaders the flooding is a sign we all are going to die, and we need to start saving the heathens ASAP.

Edited by bigskygirl

Didn't someone in the Sweet Fellowship thread say it was just about time crazy JillRod declared that hell demons were escaping from the volcano in Hawaii? Honestly, did not expect this craziness from Derick.8MGjw.gif.275260a074b00e681957a6a009cc366a.gif

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Didn't someone in the Sweet Fellowship thread say it was just about time crazy JillRod declared that hell demons were escaping from the volcano in Hawaii? Honestly, did not expect this craziness from Derick.

I did! That's exactly the level of craziness I expect from Derick.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, EVS said:

At this point, I think Derick is just trolling for attention:

Whaaaa?  WHYYYY?  No matter your politics, that post is just so stupid and unfunny.   

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Lunera said:

He's obviously doing it for attention and using his kid for that sick stunt is disgusting.

He obviously has been taking lessons from his in-laws because JB or even Josh would have done the same thing or something close to it.

On 5/13/2018 at 7:00 PM, jcbrown said:

Yep. And then I automatically think of the book we passed around in the middle school lunchroom that would fall open to the sex scenes. That was "Forever," though, not "Wifey." Definitely not Duggar-approved--the book, the public school, or the friends.

Now if they have a child they name Ralph I am gonna lose it.  HA!

19 hours ago, EVS said:

I think it is sad that Derick puts more effort into his offensive tweets and social media rants than he did into wishing his wife a Happy Mother’s Day. That post reminds me of when I have to buy a card for someone I don’t really like and want the card to be as short and generic as possible. 

Well he is an angry little fucker!  If I weren't banned from his twitter I would send him the definition above of WIFEY.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

He obviously has been taking lessons from his in-laws because JB or even Josh would have done the same thing or something close to it.

I actually don't think they would have

45 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

Especially as he's been Twattering on about how wrong it is for people to use children to further an agenda.

Exactly. He's completely exploiting his child. At this point, I'm legitimately concerned about Jill and the boys being safe around him. JB or John need to step in and physically remove them from the house. Nothing good is going to come from this. Hell, they would be safer with Josh at this point. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder what Derelict's big news for this fall is? Maybe he's going to join Jeremy with the Divinity degree. Or not. Dude already wasted 12 grand on this past year. With no teevee $$$$, no more school unless he takes out a dreaded student loan. ?

I just had a dreaded thought pop into my mind.  Thank god family variety shows are no longer a thing or we would be stuck with the Dillard Family Fun Hour with screechy violins, Kirk Cameron guest hosting, a Dillard version of the Branson Dixie Stampede, bible verses tossed in and Jackson mugging for the camera in a jaunty hat.  OY!  Ma and Pa Duggar coming out in Minnie Pearl/Hee Haw costumes.  You can picture it can't you???!!!

3 hours ago, EVS said:

At this point, I think Derick is just trolling for attention:

Using your child for political messaging Dickhead???

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I actually don't think they would have

Exactly. He's completely exploiting his child. At this point, I'm legitimately concerned about Jill and the boys being safe around him. JB or John need to step in and physically remove them from the house. Nothing good is going to come from this. Hell, they would be safer with Josh at this point. 

I agree. 

We don't know Derick personally so I hate to say stuff like that but he really does concern me.  He seems so bizarre and unstable. 

The boys are little now...what is going to happen when the boys get older and rowdy?  Or teens??? 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Well he is an angry little fucker!  If I weren't banned from his twitter I would send him the definition above of WIFEY.  

I imagine he spends a lot of time banning people.  See, Derick really lies when he states that he loves everybody and wants everybody to hear the gospel he preaches.  Where is his example for banning people?  Did Jesus ever ban anyone from following him?

• Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

latest?cb=20171126021925

I have a strong feeling that they're ALL that out there. It's just that Derick is the only one who's slipped the reins and decided that he's free to announce it publicly. 

I'm pretty sure that the Duggar boys and the male adjacents all gin up their preacherly enthusiasm partly based on their idea that we're heading for the end times and we NEED them now more than ever. I'm convinced that that's what gives them their strong sense that we need a ton of right-minded preachers in this world.

There's no way that that isn't being preached by not only the Dugg parents, but Austin's parents, Derick's mom, the Seewalds, and the Vuolos (and of course Kendra's dad and Lauren's dad). They're all in that bubble (although not all in the same exact parts of it) and it's an echo chamber that tells them they have a very important mission, and a mission that's especially important right now .... and that's a powerful force. I have zero doubt that if we heard the conversations they all have among themselves, we'd hear that from every single branch of Jim Bob's spawned mob. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
(edited)

I say build a wall around the place Deredick and Jill Cling A Long lives at or build a wall around his social media pages so he is not able to use twitter at least. He is certainly entitled to his opinions just like the rest of us, but he is doing it the wrong way.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

We don't know Derick personally so I hate to say stuff like that but he really does concern me.  He seems so bizarre and unstable. 

The boys are little now...what is going to happen when the boys get older and rowdy?  Or teens??? 

Have you checked out "To Train Up A Child"? By the time those poor babies are 5, they're supposed to have all the willpower beaten out of them.

• Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, McManda said:

Except the wifey entry on urban dictionary is nothing but positive connotations (okay, well, outside the idea that there's more than one woman in question and the questionable language), so maybe they're trying to be hip and there isn't any joke (except them trying to be hip).

For what it's worth, I've not heard wifey in any kind of negative connotation. I just think the term is stupid.

0702AC84-AC30-4BC0-8010-4B02DD0C73D4.jpeg

Seems to me this is just the age-old "you're either a madonna/virgin/WIFE-MATERIAL ladywoman. Or...you're a whore" thing.

Women have two potential roles. Either you're some guy's wholly owned subsidiary, the wifey -- and he gets to pick who gets this "prize" and MAKES you his "wifey" and thus a "REAL lady."

Or you're something -- anything -- else....i.e., a woman who is defined by something other than being HIS woman. Like, say, being an unmarried woman or a plasma physicist or a prime minister. And if you're one of those latter, then you're a "chicken head" or a "hood rat chick." Shit, in other words. Unless he's decided to own you lock, stock and barrel and you've gone along with it. 

I hope that someday we stop falling for this crap that's been endlessly repeated with slight tweaks to fool us down through the ages. 

But we'll certainly never stop falling for it if anybody goes on thinking that the Duggars and their adjacents -- any of them -- is worth emulating in any way. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Except they haven't, at least not with illegal immigration. 

Now, abortion and LGBT rights? Different story.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, graefin said:

Apparently he's deleted that "wall" post? Is this the first time either of them have deleted anything they've posted rather than dug in their heels?

No, I just checked his page, and it's still there.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Why does Derick want a wall? Wouldn't someone with Derick's Christian, kind and hopeful missionary mindset want the best for these non-Americans? He's spent, according to him, the past bijillion years traveling to foreign countries to help the under served. Non-Americans are only worth his time and attention if they stay in their own countries? 

And if he really wanted to help Trump, Derick could patrol the border handing out tracts and banana squares. 

Well, to me, this again is Derick being part of a GROUP of people who support this.

He's a little follower. And he's inside the group of Americans that is most devoted to the wall and the Prez's other ideas. And Derick is clearly somebody who desperately NEEDS to be a part of something and to feel approved by that something, I think. Seems to me we've seen that from him throughout his relationship with the Duggars. He's just not an independent thinker or independent doer at all.

And I expect that's just gotten worse as he's faced various difficulties -- illness, watching his missionary dream die, the difficult births of the children, the fact that maybe he and Jill aren't as happy as parents as they hoped and expected to be, his mother's near-fatal illness and strong right turn into wild-eyed fundiedom with her continuing fear of her cancer. ..... I would bet that he's grown more insecure over the past several years -- and I think he was a pretty insecure person to begin with .....

And since he's well and truly DEEP inside a group that believes these things, in his insecurity he's gonna emphatically embrace these things, I think...........I doubt that he really thinks them through (although in this clan, he's certainly not different in THAT. I doubt that any Duggar or Duggar adjacent has actually thought through more than a handful -- or even ANY -- of the many bigoted and otherwise questionable notions they embrace.) Derick's just somebody who's DYING to "belong" and to show his badge of belief. I think that's where he gets pretty much all of his sense of security and importance ..... 

I'd also bet that if he were living in some wall-disliking community, he'd post stuff about how terrible the wall was. Etc. ..... I doubt that he ever has an independent thought. 

He's certainly not alone in that, though .... And I think we don't notice those people much, if at all, when they're in our group and they're agreeing with us! But I firmly believe that a lot of people are followers in EVERY Group, just like Derick is. 

We're herd animals, pack animals by nature. And you have to show you're following the pack or the head wolf will pin you to the ground until you do -- that's the atavistic premonition that I always figure obscurely haunts the minds of the truly insecure followers like Der. 

ONce again, I expect that pretty much all the extended Duggar clan goes with this (maybe Bin doesn't ... or a few others -- but most of they, yeah...)-- because they're of the part of the electorate that's most likely to. But, again, the rest are all shutting up about pretty near everything they believe because they know it harms their TeeVeeability. Der kissed goodbye to that notion some time ago, and he's just going with their larger group. >... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

I've seen women affectionately refer to their husbands as hubby, I think these guys use wifey in the same manner. It isn't meant to demean anyone, it's just a nickname. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I've seen women affectionately refer to their husbands as hubby, I think these guys use wifey in the same manner. It isn't meant to demean anyone, it's just a nickname. 

I agree, in many cases.

But I'm talking about it as it's defined in that thing from the Internet above. And when it comes to that definition, I'd say that the implications of that particular statement are ANYTHING BUT benign.    YMMV!

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I hate hubby too. Ugh!

• Love 13
(edited)

It's one thing when it's an occasional nickname (though I think they are both lame pet names), it's another when it's on every. Single. Social. Media. Post. they produce. It just sounds like they're children play acting at what they think married people are supposed to sound like. 

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
Hildren isn't a word, no matter what autocorrect thinks
  • Love 18
11 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I see the same thing with Cathy's Twitter name. 

Isn't the "end of time" speak what all his form of Christian use to get people to believe? IDK I'm just an ebil Catholic that believes in science I just would ignore his bs. 

Yes, grew up Catholic and never once heard of the "Rapture." Is it even mentioned in the Bible?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yes, grew up Catholic and never once heard of the "Rapture." Is it even mentioned in the Bible?

No it us not.  The Rapture and Christian dominionist teachings are from the 19th century.   But you know, us Catholics are going to hell for following the non-biblical catechism and the other doctors of the church.   Oh the irony.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, I just checked his page, and it's still there.

Oops. It wasn't refreshing for me earlier. I see it now. He's by far the assiest of all the husbands.

• Love 4

Derick is down and feeling like a little man, so he's asserting himself in a "big man" way to feel better. His desperation is so obvious, I don't know why he thinks this will persuade people to look up to him. I feel sorry for these children. Their parents are not moving forward in life. Both Derick and Jill's  lack of common sense, energy, and useful ambition are sending this family into a downward spiral. 

• Love 18

Derick is a wacko. Everyday he keeps getting more and more unhinged. He needs a real job and to have his wi-fi taken away. Perhaps he would go back to the being humble accountant that he could have been if he wasn't wasting his life annoying the general US population via social media!!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Derick is a wacko. Everyday he keeps getting more and more unhinged. He needs a real job and to have his wi-fi taken away. Perhaps he would go back to the being humble accountant that he could have been if he wasn't wasting his life annoying the general US population via social media!!

I remain pretty sure that all the males who've married into Duggardom (with the possible exception of Austin) did it in part because they want to be religiously important on a national scale. None of them are going to be happy when that dream finally goes south, as it pretty much has done for Der already ..... Bin and Jer keep on believin' that they're gonna be achievin' that dream. ... But my guess is that ultimately their dreams of being hotshot famous religiosity guys aren't going to work out much better. ... And they probably won't go quite the route Derick has, because I don't think they're quite as fragile. But I'm convinced they ain't gonna be happy about it. 

• Love 16