Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 4/16/2018 at 4:14 PM, bigskygirl said:

Ewww... Brain bleach please.

Right??!!  For some reason mention of his nipples, which are harmless not generally gag inducing, was a bridge too far for me.  I have no idea why.  I normally have a strong stomach.  Maybe I need to swing by the Prayer Closet for a pick me up.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Since she's not licensed, what can Jill legally do to assist a homebirth for a non-relative/non-friend? I'm assuming for friends & relatives she would just lie and say she was there to offer emotional support, not as a midwife.

As long as she isn't paid for her services, Jill can do anything she wants, so can Vanessa.  I work in a state where lay midwifery is not legal.  What the lay midwives do is either claim that they don't charge for their medical services (and have their clients back them up) or claim that any fees they charge are for counseling or childbirth classes or labor support; none of which require a license.  Happens all the time.

Since Oklahoma doesn't license lay midwives, I presume the situation is similar to where I live (Ohio as if no one hasn't already figured it out); if Vanessa or Jill were to specifically charge for delivery or prenatal care; they could be charged with practicing medicine without a license.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Since Oklahoma doesn't license lay midwives, I presume the situation is similar to where I live (Ohio as if no one hasn't already figured it out); if Vanessa or Jill were to specifically charge for delivery or prenatal care; they could be charged with practicing medicine without a license.

Thank you. Hopefully she doesn't care, but these grifters probably won't do anything for free. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Someone please explain to me why the birth team only weighs 8 lbs 2 oz and is 20 inches Long. I would not trust Jill and the other woman to deliver my pet gold fish guppies. Does Jill actually get paid to be a midwife?

Some elves are cobblers, and some are midwives. 

• Love 17

Jill's hair looks like mice are nesting in it. Wash your hair and brush it, you pig. 

I feel like issuing a PSA to every pregnant woman in any state Jill might visit that people risk their lives, and their children's lives, if they allow Jill anywhere near their deliveries. But if they're hiring Venessa the defrocked midwife or Jill the never-licensed midwife, they're probably too stupid to realize how dangerous those two are. 

• Love 10

I thought Jill learned midwifery as something to do before she had a family. So, if that's true, she shouldn't still be doing it or she should get a ton more training if she's going to continue.

• Love 1

Who is taking care of Izzy and Sam while Jill is delivering babies? No snark for working mothers, and I don't have a problem in and of itself with Jill working, just the type of work she is in. Still I bet Derick isn't taking care of them.

• Love 5

Jill looks like she's got some moderately bad acne going on, too. It's hidden by foundation, but it's there. 

That baby looks like he's giving the finger. I would too if I were born to idiots and delivered by idiots. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Jill looks like she's got some moderately bad acne going on, too. It's hidden by foundation, but it's there. 

It doesn't help her looks that her nose piercing resembles a big zit ready to pop.  In Hindu countries, piercing the left nostril is supposed to make childbirth easier. I wonder if that is why she did that.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Mollie said:

It doesn't help her looks that her nose piercing resembles a big zit ready to pop.  In Hindu countries, piercing the left nostril is supposed to make childbirth easier. I wonder if that is why she did that.

Someone here said left nostril piercings are popular among some fundie women for just that reason. It really does look like a big zit. She should get a simple ring or a stud that doesn't look so zitlike. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, floridamom said:

I went on Pickles website and all I got was a still photo from the Michelle 'voice' video. How are you guys viewing this? I'd love to see it too. Thanks so much for your help.

I watched it on a comment on the post about Jill doing the midwife thing. Look for the comment by Maura McHale saying:Here’s the live stream.

(Facebook won't let me link or copy.)

I agree that Michelle changes her tone quickly when she sees she's being recorded.

• Love 1
On 4/17/2018 at 5:56 AM, Mollie said:

I think you are right that the mess was from the night before.  Jill has nothing to do all day but look after her children, take selfies, and steal recipes to post on her website.  It's clear that she hasn't taught Israel to pick up his toys after play time is over, which is something most mothers begin teaching a child before he is two-years-old.  Israel is three and Jill has obviously let him run amok and create hazards for his baby brother. What idiot would shoot a video of that mess and then post it on YouTube?  And why did Jill find the time to make all of those silly signs for the marathon but not feed her children breakfast?  It seems that motherhood isn't one of Jill's strong points either.  Maybe that's why grandma Cathy feels the need to hang around them so much.     

Jill.png

I think this is very possible. I think it's also possible that the mess was there from the week before, or the month before.

I wouldn't rag on her so much for keeping a slovenly house if it wasn't her job -- her only job.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Someone here said left nostril piercings are popular among some fundie women for just that reason. 

So Jill has replaced prayer with superstition.  Cross Church will be thrilled to hear about that.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Mollie said:

So Jill has replaced prayer with superstition.  Cross Church will be thrilled to hear about that.

She'd be the first to tell you Hinduism is a false pagan faith. What's next, giving birth in a pentagram?  I guess once you believe some superstition is true, it's all true.

• Love 10
On April 14, 2018 at 7:25 PM, louannems said:

At the play area, Jill and all her high pitched YEAS drove me mad!  I found it telling that she baby talked to Izzy while he answered back in a normal tone.  Izzy sounded more mature than Jill!

Agree!! All those damn yaaaayyys.  And that video needed to be about 30 seconds long and call it quits.  I thought it was telling when it seemed the Derelict was simply talking with the other parents and didn't interact with Izzy at all and then seemed to only be interested in Sammy because Jill was filming.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Lukeysboat said:

I didn’t think Michelle sounded different than usual, to be honest. That said, I really don’t see the point of that video. It was bad quality and it was completely uninteresting.

Ha, just like everything they post!  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I went on Pickles website and all I got was a still photo from the Michelle 'voice' video. How are you guys viewing this? I'd love to see it too. Thanks so much for your help.

My bad, I should've mentioned you have to click on the comments and you can see it there.

17 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

Can someone post the link to pickles website

I don't think you can link to Facebook (at least I don't know how.)

But go to Facebook and type : Pickles and Hairspray (into  Facebook search)

and the page should show up.

Screenshot_20180419-001616.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I can't click on the comments as there aren't any showing up. All I get is the photo only. How are you guys viewing this video?

I had the hardest time finding it as well, but finally found it. If you click on the photo you can't go any further into the comments, so don't do that, but below the actual post (with the couple of photos of the baby Jill helped deliver above the one grainy screenshot of the interior of the TTH), right under the "write a comment" space, is a link that says "view all 24 comments". and it's the second or third comment down.

6 hours ago, floridamom said:

I can't click on the comments as there aren't any showing up. All I get is the photo only. How are you guys viewing this video?

I wasn't able to see it on my phone or my tablet--only from my desktop computer.

1 hour ago, louannems said:

I'm curious if Jill and Derick are also going to Big Sandy.  Didn't Derick declare that he's not a Gothardite on Twitter? Or is Big Sandy okay since Gothard is no longer the head?

Derick is supposed to be in school at Cross Church School of Ministry.  I don't think he can take off for a week and go to Big Sandy.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

All that video made me think about was, that’s how the house looks when not officially filming, Sam is just plopped anywhere, and the yard needs work.

Also interesting in Derick's video that no one besides Jill and MEchelle gave Derick a moment's pause to be featured in their DIY "show." Jason and Anna just breezed by (I think Anna may have even ducked) and Laura wouldn't look up from the mail desk. Derick said to Jason, "Say hello to our Instagram followers" and Jason practically ran past saying "Howdy." 

I do think that the Dullard's DIY "show" will give us a more realistic view of their lives than the TLC version.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Portia said:

I wasn't able to see it on my phone or my tablet--only from my desktop computer.

I was able to watch it on my tablet.  I do wonder what the purpose was, though.  It was grainy and poor quality.  We're Jill and Derick getting ready for Big Sandy or just seeing the family off?

21 hours ago, Mollie said:

I'm sure someone sold her on it as some kind of anatomical thing. Like there's a pressure point on the left nostril that connects directly to the uterus. She's dumb enough to believe it. 

Years ago, someone was trying to market a yoga practice called "Christ moves," because yoga is pagan but they wanted to capitilize on it's popularity by finding a way to sell it to conservative Christians. There's no limit to the number of ways you can convince these people to buy something they're supposed to be against. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I am fairly crunchy granola, but I would not be fine with someone bringing their child to my birth - nursing baby or not. What would also go through my mind is that Sam Sam has a toddler brother, and toddlers are notorious for being germ factories, so it stands to reason Sam Sam could be harboring some illness. If Sam doesn’t take a bottle and needs to be right with mom, then e’rybody should’ve stayed home. 

Boundaries, Jill, boundaries! 

He’s not breastfed exclusively. He is drinking from a bottle here:

7B5F82A9-CE6C-4BD8-AA6D-E9A8B18DFA89.jpeg

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

She could have pumped and put it in the bottle.  Daughter in law did that.

Indeed. So, he didn’t have to be there, he could have been home with Derick or wherever Israel was.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think this is very possible. I think it's also possible that the mess was there from the week before, or the month before.

I wouldn't rag on her so much for keeping a slovenly house if it wasn't her job -- her only job.

In her defense, it can take an active child a matter of minutes to make a mess like that. I have seen parents turn their backs for a few minutes and the room looked like a tornado hit. Now I dont' follow her on instagram or anything so its possible her place always looks like this, but I have seen worse. 

I was lucky, my son was very neat as a child. People would always be amazed. As a 24 year old, he no longer is. I don't even look anymore. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Derick is supposed to be in school at Cross Church School of Ministry.  I don't think he can take off for a week and go to Big Sandy.

That’s funny!  Supposedly having school or jobs has never prevented any adjacents from taking as much time off as they want for travel and filming!  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Indeed. So, he didn’t have to be there, he could have been home with Derick or wherever Israel was.

Honestly, when I saw all these photos, I just assumed that Jill strapped both children into the SUV with snacks and Jesus books, and Derick drove them all to OK to attend this birth. The fact that Jill came unglued from Derick long enough to do this boggles my mind.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

In her defense, it can take an active child a matter of minutes to make a mess like that. I have seen parents turn their backs for a few minutes and the room looked like a tornado hit. Now I dont' follow her on instagram or anything so its possible her place always looks like this, but I have seen worse. 

I was lucky, my son was very neat as a child. People would always be amazed. As a 24 year old, he no longer is. I don't even look anymore. 

If this were anyone else, I would agree with you, but it's not. The Duggars has made a HUGE DEAL for years about their belief in "traditional gender roles," and their daughters all aspire to be "help-meets." Jill, in particular is a terrible housewife and an indifferent mother, and posts endless photos -- that she apparently thinks are fine -- to show the world what a crappy job she's doing, and what little effort she puts into everything she does. 

She looks like crap, her house is slovenly, the food she cooks is revolting, and she appears to be as checked-out of parenting after 2 children as her mother is after 19. She posts these photos -- this isn't the paparazzi sneaking in and taking photos of her, or her household on a bad day.

• Love 19

Thanks, BitterApple and all you great people here who helped direct me to that video. I viewed it.

I agree the house is a mess. I also heard Michelle raise her voice when she said "DON'T". They she instantly went to sugary sweet fake. It's obvious to me that those children really don't enjoy being filmed, for TV or personal stuff. They shunned the camera...all, except for Michelle, of course. The TV show they had was to feed their parents' egos AND to stuff their pockets with the money from it, clearly. None of them miss 'the limelight' except for J B. and Michelle.

• Love 22