Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

That more or less describes my forays into gift wrap...It either comes out with lumpy seams, or the corners end up poking through the paper because I've tried to get it too tight. To say nothing of the patched bits where I've mis-estimated how much I would need to go all the way around the box and couldn't bring myself to scrap the length I'd already cut...I've come to the point over the years that I just rationalize by saying the main reason for gift wrap is mostly just the sense of having something to rip off the package before you find out what your present is anyway! Sometimes rocket science seems as though it might be the lesser evil...

And thus was born - the gift bag.  Maybe not realistic if you have a lot of presents for kids, but so much easier than wrapping a package.

• Love 20

I know of one missionary couple. They are stateside as church planters. In addition to starting a church and all that entails, he works at a real, full time job, has two kids and his wife works part time. 

He works full time and his wife works part time?  So how do they like working for S A T A N????

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

And thus was born - the gift bag.  Maybe not realistic if you have a lot of presents for kids, but so much easier than wrapping a package.

For sure!! I still don't sort of instinctively default to them, though I probably should. Mostly I only use them if I have one of the right size and occasion squirreled away as a recycling measure. Which is not to say that the occasional person may not have received a birthday present in a rather Christmas-y bag...I really do need to get my game together.

• Love 5

My father was an anal retentive gift wrapper. I sat beside him for years  doling out the correct amount of tape.  I remember one year we had wrapping paper with houses on it. Those damn roofs had to line up every time and in every direction. I was in high school before I was allowed to think about wrapping a gift. 

Tldr; I’m an amazing gift wrapper now and all my stripes, polka dots, etc match up every time. 

Is is this the Jill thread? I don’t even know where I am.  Jill, Jill, Jill. 

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

My father was an anal retentive gift wrapper. I sat beside him for years  doling out the correct amount of tape.  I remember one year we had wrapping paper with houses on it. Those damn roofs had to line up every time and in every direction. I was in high school before I was allowed to think about wrapping a gift. 

Tldr; I’m an amazing gift wrapper now and all my stripes, polka dots, etc match up every time. 

Is is this the Jill thread? I don’t even know where I am.  Jill, Jill, Jill. 

A friend of mine was a nanny in a nanny service who was told to wrap presents (that was fine there was one kid and this was while she was doing homework or what not). Anyway the lady went through nannies like toliet paper so she decided she and my friend were a bad fit.  One of her complaints about the friend was the way she used tape to wrap gifts. I forget if the mother thought she used too much or too little, but probably she if told her how much to use friend would have used that much. My friend's friends think she wraps gift fine. 

Jill and Derick seem like last minute gifters to me so I'm surprised to see all those presents under the tree. 

• Love 3

Lily and Ellie at Duggarfamilyblog have pictures of Jill, Izzy, and Cathy. Jill’s sporting a henna tattoo on her hand.   I think 1. Being possibly fired from the show, 2. the show  possibly being non-renewed, 3. The possibility of not being a brood mate, or 4- Cross church instead of the Duggar church has been quite liberating for her. 

• Love 6

Henna is always temporary. In Arabic, people just say henna but in English "henna tattoo" seems to be the common way to refer to it. It seems a little progressive to me for Duggars because of the connection to non-Christian cultures, but AFAIK there's nothing about it that conflicts with evangelicism in any way. I'm glad to see any sign of Jill experimenting with new looks and new experiences, though.

• Love 9

Natural henna is a dye.  So you dye or stain a henna pattern.  I've always wanted to try it, but I live in a tourist area (Florida panhandle) on the beach, and here you learn to avoid black henna, which is a chemical and can burn and scar....  

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 1

5a2631bf93a5a_JillwithhennaonhandDec2017.thumb.jpg.ccc40541b312fa7e876fc07b1a92a712.jpg

I think Jill's whole nose stud and now the henna tattoo is Derick exposing Jill to Nepalese culture. I still think he encouraged the piercing, he probably found the women there very attractive and wants Jill to adopt a similar look. Derick did mention once (in response to his a pro trans person) that it doesn't matter how Nepalese he felt he would never be Nepalese. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ariel said:

How much do henna tattoo's cost?  I hope they're not using the money donated to them for that or nose piercing.

No more than $20. I've seen small henna booths at carnivals and at the mall.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

5a2631bf93a5a_JillwithhennaonhandDec2017.thumb.jpg.ccc40541b312fa7e876fc07b1a92a712.jpg

I think Jill's whole nose stud and now the henna tattoo is Derick exposing Jill to Nepalese culture. I still think he encouraged the piercing, he probably found the women there very attractive and wants Jill to adopt a similar look. Derick did mention once (in response to his a pro trans person) that it doesn't matter how Nepalese he felt he would never be Nepalese. 

Ok..now it looks like a zit again.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The caption for the photo said it was done  by a friend from South Asia. Probably a college student. Sp it may not have cost her much. 

Hopefully her college student friend did her nose job for very little money too.  I can't get over how they are asking for donations & doing frivolous things & have the arrogance to post about it.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8

Hmmm. All of these “Jill changes” sure has taken the discussion/emphasis/ heat away from Derick for a bit...Not all of the the controversy of course,  but a very interesting deflection, if that is the intention.

Edited by OneMoreStop
More typos
  • Love 10

This post is written similarly to Jessa's posts. I don't believe Jill wrote this. 

She has been responding to her "fans" a lot more. They definitely have a good PR person repairing the damage Derick did.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 9
On 12/2/2017 at 7:03 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

A couple of years ago we got all ambitious at Christmas and put up a second tree in the 3-season porch, complete with an array of faux presents under it. My husband wrapped those. Because while I am actually a semi-professional artist and find craftsy stuff in general pretty easy, there's something about wrapping presents that leaves me with about 13 thumbs.

As Celia Rubenstein commented: 

That more or less describes my forays into gift wrap...It either comes out with lumpy seams, or the corners end up poking through the paper because I've tried to get it too tight. To say nothing of the patched bits where I've mis-estimated how much I would need to go all the way around the box and couldn't bring myself to scrap the length I'd already cut...I've come to the point over the years that I just rationalize by saying the main reason for gift wrap is mostly just the sense of having something to rip off the package before you find out what your present is anyway! Sometimes rocket science seems as though it might be the lesser evil...

I seem to have inherited my mothers love of tape.  Every present is wrapped like a monkey with thumbs is going to have a go at it.  Hint for wrapping a secret santa gift:  cut out letters from a magazine for the name of the person that this goes to like an old ransom note.  People seem to like it.  I did it one year when I forgot a name label.  I had to keep from laughing when they were trying to guess who the gift was from.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

This post is written similarly to Jessa's posts. I don't believe Jill wrote this. 

The writing in the notebook has so may references to being free...Obviously that's something they desire. Sad that they have to convince themselves that somehow the lives they live provide that.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

They probably also host at the TTH because that way they eat & feed their guests the food Jana has made while Jana watches their blessings (and visiting blessings).  Then they can enjoy some coffee Jana makes for them after she cleans up from cooking and clears the table behind them. That way JB foots the bill for the meal as well

It also means that Jill can go be filmed at their house for Counting On since Dbag has been put in TLC jail.  She gets to earn some $$ while spreading the myth they are wholesome, charity driven people, AND as you said, daddy foots the bill for housing/feeding these people.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Luvmy300zx said:

Keeping a picture of your husband in your Bible and looking at it when you read and have your quiet time is creepy, just creepy!

This is what I think about every movie or TV show that shows people having framed family photos in their hotel room on vacation.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Luvmy300zx said:

Keeping a picture of your husband in your Bible and looking at it when you read and have your quiet time is creepy, just creepy!

She's clingy even during alone time. I like how she has a picture of Derick's old face.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

She has been responding to her "fans" a lot more. They definitely have a good PR person repairing the damage Derick did.

She's wearing jeans as well. 

• Love 15
Screenshot_20171205-113109.thumb.jpg.c726ab291f3e8093fa53b789f767007a.jpg

20171205_112813.thumb.jpg.a3bbb441205764571b9f42f527daee42.jpg
Screenshot_20171205-112349.thumb.jpg.fafa2bf908b041bfb3e54df835972029.jpg

Again, Jill's writing in the caption is very similar to Jessa's captions, down to the exclamations, the extra thought in parentheses, and the Ha!

They are definitely trying to market her as the hip, cool, on hands mommy.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 12