Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Apparently, he went to TX for a few days. I saw an IG pic of Harvey destruction with Derelict tagged.

1 minute ago, floridamom said:

Is Derick considering adultery? Perhaps those young college girls are a bit much for him to resist?

Especially when they're dancing. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Apparently, he went to TX for a few days. I saw an IG pic of Harvey destruction with Derelict tagged.

Especially when they're dancing. 

So perhaps the Lord may have laid it upon his heart that even his level of interpretive dancing has stirred up desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled?

• Love 2

I meant that he had trouble himself at that dance last week. I wonder if they're having another dance tonight, hence Derelict's possibly guilt- filled tweet. 

Likely overthinking this; he's probably referring to Smuggar, as others have noted.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I meant that he had trouble himself at that dance last week. I wonder if they're having another dance tonight, hence Derelict's possibly guilt- filled tweet. 

Likely overthinking this; he's probably referring to Smuggar, as others have noted.

Then again, adultery even in the fleeting notion of it is tantamount to the deed, so who knows what sort of guilt may be driving him?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wait I thought they were not allowed to dance?  sorry confused.

7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It does leave one to wonder what motivates his selections.  If he had a lick of sense, which he doesn't, he really should avoid any Bible verses that would refer to work or be construed as throwing shade at Josh if he wants to avoid the hate. 

Plenty of good Bible verses to use that wouldn't offend anyone (and might even lead to more positive responses) or lead to further speculation or shade thrown at your family, Derp.  I guess tweeting a few characters is exhausting enough for you, so selecting a thoughtful verse is too much like hard work?

Derp, if you want to preach, you've got to put in the work.

Why oh why cannot Derick just spell out what he has to say?  I'm so sick of him hiding behind bible verses.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's more likely referring to himself than to Smuggar, IMO. Especially since Smuggar happened 2 years ago.

3 minutes ago, louannems said:

Why oh why cannot Derick just spell out what he has to say?  I'm so sick of him hiding behind bible verses.

Because you're not supposed to think for yourself, the Bible has all the answers, and Satan will tempt you with bad thoughts -- on the other hand, though, you are supposed to think for yourself (based on last week's tweeting). 

Anything he says is bound to be wrong, and bound to contradict what he said last week or last month. He's probably safer just yanking any quote out of the Bible since it must literally be "true" if it's in the Bible . . .

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Mya said:

Wait I thought they were not allowed to dance?  sorry confused.

Derelict attended a gathering of International Christian (I assume) students last Friday.  Real boy-girl dancing was involved. Derelict documented this in an IG post. 

• Love 4

I know this and mentioned it last week when the tweet surfaced. It's also why I suspect Jill was at home with the kids, although Derelict may have been required to be there as part of his "school" itinerary. It's apparent that he's working a college "ministry," which may be tight employment opportunities in the future. There are only so many college towns, and smaller Christian colleges don't really need coordinators; they pretty much self-police their activities. Christian colleges already have their built-in rules, okay I admit that Derelict could be employed to police the rules? 

• Love 1

I wonder if Derrick will ever feel comfortable outside a college atmosphere?  In a normal family, Derrick would be the perpetual student.  Forever taking classes but never deciding what he wants to do.

• Love 22
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wouldn't you think that even if Derick didn't mean the tweet to be about Josh, that people would think it was?

I still believe that Derick has some unfinished business with Josh since Jill was one of the girls affected by her brother's actions. This tweet, like the tweets about Jazz are pointed to an individual, and Derick being the wuss he is would never confront the person, but hide behind his words. 

And on other sites, posters are asking why there are no recent pictures of Jill and Samuel. Jessa has been  posting almost daily pictures and videos of Spurge, and Henry, but Jill has been strangely quiet.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bythelake said:

Wouldn't you think that even if Derick didn't mean the tweet to be about Josh, that people would think it was?

I still believe that Derick has some unfinished business with Josh since Jill was one of the girls affected by her brother's actions. This tweet, like the tweets about Jazz are pointed to an individual, and Derick being the wuss he is would never confront the person, but hide behind his words. 

And on other sites, posters are asking why there are no recent pictures of Jill and Samuel. Jessa has been  posting almost daily pictures and videos of Spurge, and Henry, but Jill has been strangely quiet.

I still think something bad happened with this birth.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I still think something bad happened with this birth.

I've also been wondering why there has been no talk about a birth episode this season. Those episodes bring in a lot of viewers and it's usually the season premiere or finale.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I wonder if Derrick will ever feel comfortable outside a college atmosphere?  In a normal family, Derrick would be the perpetual student.  Forever taking classes but never deciding what he wants to do.

I can see this.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, bythelake said:

I think the Dullards quit Counting On for whatever their reason and they no longer feel the need to sell their kids to the public. this would be their first step to true independence. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ariel said:

I like the person who asked  Derick if he was quoiting from the book of Babel.

He sure is babbling. Why all the quotes about forbidden women? If he's preaching this stuff to a bunch of college kids it must be going over like a ton of bricks. Lighten up Derick, none of the fallen women are looking for you.

5 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

I think the Dullards quit Counting On for whatever their reason and they no longer feel the need to sell their kids to the public. this would be their first step to true independence. 

It would be nice to think that they would grow to be independent, but so far that hasn't been the case. Derick, who now is in his late 20's doesn't seem to know what he really wants. He's floundering. He has a wife and 2 children and if he were to break free of the Duggar hold, he'd have to get a job. He has a degree, and could go back to accounting, but he seems content to go on his  missioncations, and live off the Duggar dole. IMO Derick has a lot of growing up to do.

'

• Love 9

The Duggars think dancing is inappropriate- but the Dillards Cross Church probably doesn't. Derek used to attend dances in his Pistol Pete costume, so I  don't think he really sees it as evil. 

As to his latest tweet. I think adulteress isn’t referring to actual adultery in terms of marriage.  Since the passage discusses attributes as if they were actual people ( wisdom as a sister ), I think adulteress is referring to people who try to ‘ worship  two masters- God and mammon for example’. Proverbs - poetic stuff. 

Derick should have stated his interpretation rather than just throwing that out there. On the other hand- he may just have a random bible quote generator, and it means nothing other than that book, chapter, verse popped up for him to read. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

He's in a rut

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/916784603536527360?p=v

I never noticed his description, or whatever you call it, on Instagram

"Derick Dillard Christian. Husband. Father. Missionary. Eagle Scout. OSU Cowboy."

Conjecture: Wearing a giant fiberglass head must be an incredible honour for Okies! That vehicle trailer in that parade we saw in some episode must have had like a dozen ex Pistol Petes standing in it. 

• Love 3

I think Sew Sumi is referring to a comment he/she placed on Derick’s twitter feed under a different handle. I too looked the the last several pages of this feed after the first cryptic comment. I figured out what it meant after the second one. 

Derick being defrauded by hot college girls dancing, again. If Derick knew Spanish he'd know that song is about a guy doing dirty things to a woman.

And Jilly, a few hours later posted a posed picture of him with the kids and declared her love for him....eyeroll....

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's an Internet FU, but it means we get to see Izzy and Sam looking clean. Izzy s feet are clean, do it means the floor is clean.

Jana was probably there to do the cleaning of the kids/house.

• Love 7

Yeah, that does look like a small, cheap apartment. I wonder how the housing merry-go-round is going? So Jesse and Bin bought the tiny house, Joy has a husband who actually plans to provide for her - where are Joe and Kendra? Does he work with JD? Did the mansion sell? Where the F is Smugs? So much codependency. 

So for us non bible readers - Derick isn’t calling women sinful little lusty temptresses?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's an Internet FU, but it means we get to see Izzy and Sam looking clean. Izzy s feet are clean, do it means the floor is clean.

That might actually be a first for a Duggar-related floor. 

• Love 3

I often wonder if Derick is jealous of Jeremy because when you think about it Jeremy has a much better life after marrying a Duggar daughter. No baby right away. living away from the family, and yes I cannot stand Jeremy and Jinger at all, but they seem more of a stable couple (I cannot believe I just said that about a Duggar couple.) And to think a Duggar couple will be celebrating their one year anniversary without a baby or a baby on the way. Take that Derick!!!

38 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I often wonder if Derick is jealous of Jeremy because when you think about it Jeremy has a much better life after marrying a Duggar daughter. No baby right away. living away from the family, and yes I cannot stand Jeremy and Jinger at all, but they seem more of a stable couple (I cannot believe I just said that about a Duggar couple.) And to think a Duggar couple will be celebrating their one year anniversary without a baby or a baby on the way. Take that Derick!!!

Jinger is not pregnant.   I'm interested to see how that plays out.  Is it by choice or mother nature?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Derick being defrauded by hot college girls dancing, again. If Derick knew Spanish he'd know that song is about a guy doing dirty things to a woman.

And Jilly, a few hours later posted a posed picture of him with the kids and declared her love for him....eyeroll....

I do hope that is not a "rod" lying on the kitchen table.  It looks like a ruler.

The dance video has just been removed.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

Wow, that's a boat load of Keurig on the counter for two people who barely work.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Re the tweet: I guess we should all just quit our jobs and wait for Jesus to feed our families. Okey doke, Derelict. 

His rants are becoming crazier each day.  I hope his mom is sane enough to help him out & intervene.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3