Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

And it's crazy how we didn't see that he was the worst husband early on! I pitied Jessa, and felt that Jill would likely enjoy an upper-class life. Then again, I pictured her being an exceptional housewife and mom, and she didn't meet that expectation either...

• Love 19

It's been suggested that the reason the Dillards are not posting information about Sam is because they have legal issues with Sam's birth. They say that attempting a home birth after an emergency C-section is illegal in Arkansas and the child welfare services or the proper authority may be looking in to child endangerment regarding Jill and Derick.

That's pretty serious stuff IMO if it's true. Anyone know about this possibility?

• Love 4

Child endangerment is a law enforcement issue. As much as I can't stand those two idiots I hope this is not factual. Yuck, there's something underneath the lump of coal in my chest cavity. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, floridamom said:

They say that attempting a home birth after an emergency C-section is illegal in Arkansas

Illegal, or they couldn't legally get a midwife? Big difference. I've never worked OB - can you refuse treatment for delivery? I'd say probably but don't know. I've head of women that leave AMA after chilbirth in hospitals. Help, doodlebug!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

It's been suggested that the reason the Dillards are not posting information about Sam is because they have legal issues with Sam's birth. They say that attempting a home birth after an emergency C-section is illegal in Arkansas and the child welfare services or the proper authority may be looking in to child endangerment regarding Jill and Derick.

That's pretty serious stuff IMO if it's true. Anyone know about this possibility?

I am skeptical; I'm not sure that could even be a law. It may well be illegal for a practitioner to attend such a birth, but I don't think it could really be illegal for the mother to try. Not that I know anything about Arkansas laws.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

It is not illegal for any woman to attempt to give birth at home.  While children's services may have been notified by the hospital social worker (pretty routine for anyone with inadequate prenatal care), they are certainly in no legal jeopardy and it is highly unlikely that Jill or Derrick will even be followed up by Children's Services unless there is something really egregious that we haven't heard about.

It is apparently illegal for a licensed midwife to assist at a VBAC at home, however, none of the Duggar home births have been attended by licensed practitioners. Jill and most of her 'midwifery' buddies aren't licensed, so the law doesn't apply.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

unless there is something really egregious that we haven't heard about

Isn't there almost always something, though, with these people?

Thanks doodlebug. Whatever the reason for silence is, it's troubling. I really hope it's nothing.

2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I don't believe Jill purposely misled Derrick about her credentials either. If someone told me they had been meeting with their "sweet friend" the Spanish tutor for years, I would assume they were relatively fluent. What Derrick didn't know (I'm assuming) was these are the Duggars who can replace years of education with observing for a few hours. It may not have occurred to Jill that "Buenos Dias, me llamo Jill! Jésus! wasn't enough to get by in DA and I doubt it occurred to Derrick to dig deeper. 

I can see a scenario like this happening, but wouldn't he have wanted to try out some Spanish on her, and have a dual conversation therein, if just for pure joy, or being able to talk secretly without Ma and Pa Duggar listening in?

• Love 2

I don't recall Derick knowing Spanish when he met or while courting Jill. That remains the case. It takes a lot of knowledge of the language to have any type of conversation. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Illegal, or they couldn't legally get a midwife? Big difference. I've never worked OB - can you refuse treatment for delivery? I'd say probably but don't know. I've head of women that leave AMA after chilbirth in hospitals. Help, doodlebug!

It's illegal for midwives to deliver VBACs in AR. She can go it alone (or with Teresa Fedosky), or take her ass to the hospital. 

6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's illegal for midwives to deliver VBACs in AR. She can go it alone (or with Teresa Fedosky), or take her ass to the hospital. 

I meant illegal to deliver alone.

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

or take her ass to the hospital. 

Leave daddy alone!

• Love 5

I don't know what the law says about unattended VBACs in AR. I just know that licensed midwives can't attend them at home. No way a hospital would have let Jill labor for 40 hours, so it can be assumed that she likely went there as a last resort with the Fedosky woman scurrying out the back door so she wouldn't be noticed. Not even the Query woman could attend her; she's licensed now. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I meant illegal to deliver alone.

Leave daddy alone!

I don't think that law could be enforced. The patient's right to choose is a pretty well accepted principle and I don't think a woman could be prosecuted for not going to the hospital.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Isn't there almost always something, though, with these people?

Yes they are special snowflakes & the rules/laws that us heathens follow do not apply to them.  They don't even have to show up on time for an appointment.  They are on Duggar Time.

• Love 4
(edited)
55 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I don't think that law could be enforced. The patient's right to choose is a pretty well accepted principle and I don't think a woman could be prosecuted for not going to the hospital.

That's what I thought, thanks.

Jill could be trolling us at this point, or something could be very wrong. I really hope it's the former.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, HooHooHoo said:

Surely JimBob and Michelle wouldn't be vacationing in Hawaii if something was terribly wrong. Even they aren't that self-centered, right?  RIGHT????

If there wasn't anything they could do about the problem, they'd probably go ahead & take their vacation, since it was already planned & probably paid for. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, HooHooHoo said:

Surely JimBob and Michelle wouldn't be vacationing in Hawaii if something was terribly wrong. Even they aren't that self-centered, right?  RIGHT????

They keep forgetting they even have minor kids of their own at home, I don't think grandchild serial number 8 is really a big concern for them. 

I thought they, or family members,  put out a statement that baby and mom were fine and/or doing well or something? That's all I would care to know. Go stealth and stay there.

• Love 8
(edited)

I would think there would be some legal consequences if someone pretended to be a midwife and wasn't. (not talking about Jill) maybe medical fraud, but not for the patient.

That being said I'm not sure anything is wrong.  It could be something minor. 

Edited by Temperance

I think she's just upset because she now has to limit her pregnancies because of the botched c-section. Her plan of building her little army of blessings has gone down the drain. I blame Meeeechelle for giving these girls and unrealistic look of marriage and motherhood. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, goodolmom said:

This is a link to the guidelines for lay midwives in Arkansas.  Around section 407 it addresses when care for a patient must be handed over to a physician.  I'm no good at legalese but if I read it correctly, she was in labor way too long before she was transported to a hospital - unless the midwife was in contact with a physician at a nearby hospital.  http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutADH/RulesRegs/LayMidwifery.pdf

That only applies to a licensed midwife.  Since Jill and the other Duggars don't used licensed midwives, it doesn't apply.

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

I would think there would be some legal consequences if someone pretended to be a midwife and wasn't. (not talking about Jill) maybe medical fraud, but not for the patient.

That being said I'm not sure anything is wrong.  It could be something minor. 

True, but I think Jill knows the women she uses for prenatal care are not licensed, she just doesn't care. It's more important to her that they be fundies.  Just as Jimboob thinks he and his kids can do electrical work or plumbing by watching a licensed worker for an hour or two; Jill feels anyone who's attended a birth or two is a qualified practitioner.

If the women she used hung fake licenses on the wall or tried to bill an insurance company for their services, they'd be in legal trouble.  I'm sure they insist on cash payment and have the mom sign an agreement stating that they are providing her with doula services or some such. That's what non-licensed homebirth attendants do in my neck of the woods.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jill could be trolling us at this point, or something could be very wrong. I really hope it's the former.

I can't believe Jill would be trolling her followers using the health of her baby as bait...that would almost be a new low for this family (Joshgate is hard to beat).  My hope/guess is that the baby is fine, but as others have speculated, Jill got the news that she shouldn't have any more children and is possibly depressed, or relieved, or depressed that she's relieved.  She strikes me as emotionally fragile, and if her job is to make babies with Heavy D, she likely thinks she's failed.  I sincerely hope that D isn't giving her any sermonizing on how she should risk herself for more babies, though.  Perhaps she's finally at a point in her life where she's questioning everything that's happened to her?  One can dream.

10 hours ago, HooHooHoo said:

LOLOLOLZ *snort*

Their vacation is another factor that makes me think the baby is okay, but Jill isn't.  Because we know for a fact that neither JB or Mechelle are capable of noticing any sort of emotional distress in their children, and even if they did see it, they wouldn't do anything about it.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I can't believe Jill would be trolling her followers using the health of her baby as bait...that would almost be a new low for this family (Joshgate is hard to beat).  My hope/guess is that the baby is fine, but as others have speculated, Jill got the news that she shouldn't have any more children and is possibly depressed, or relieved, or depressed that she's relieved.  She strikes me as emotionally fragile, and if her job is to make babies with Heavy D, she likely thinks she's failed.  I sincerely hope that D isn't giving her any sermonizing on how she should risk herself for more babies, though.  Perhaps she's finally at a point in her life where she's questioning everything that's happened to her?  One can dream.

LOLOLOLZ *snort*

Their vacation is another factor that makes me think the baby is okay, but Jill isn't.  Because we know for a fact that neither JB or Mechelle are capable of noticing any sort of emotional distress in their children, and even if they did see it, they wouldn't do anything about it.

Thank you for understanding my sarcasm. I guess it was actually more "wishful thinking" than sarcasm, but I know better. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Marigold, I double dare you to start a twitter handle named Michelle's Green Shirt.  Yolo on RHBH had a twitter handle for her fridge and this shirt has been in FAR more eps than that fridge ever was.  It has nearly risen to star status!

That is hysterical! 

Green Shirt has been everywhere and done everything! 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, floridamom said:

is this the reason Ms. Cathy had Izzy for almost 2 weeks?? 

• Love 1

This is really, really, really, really horrible, but...

does anyone think maybe there's something minor wrong with Samuel, but they didn't announce it SO THAT boob and Michelle could go on their vacation without flack?

that sounds too horrible, even for them, but Boob doesn't strike me as a guy who is going to forfeit money from an already paid trip, especially since he personally can't do anything to help the baby. 

9 hours ago, goodolmom said:

Around section 407 it addresses when care for a patient must be handed over to a physician.  I'm no good at legalese but if I read it correctly, she was in labor way too long before she was transported to a hospital - unless the midwife was in contact with a physician at a nearby hospital.

That doesn't even apply because the midwife is not legally allowed to attend VBACs.

406.1 Initial risk Assessment

The following conditions preclude midwife

care and care must be transferred:

1. Previous cesarean delivery

2. Multiple gestation

3. Documented placenta previa in the third trimester

4. Position other than vertex at the onset of labor

5. Labor prior to 36 weeks gestation

If Jill had regular common sense, she would have taken herself straight to a licensed OB for the second pregnancy.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Maybe Jill needs to remember her conversation with Jinger about being content with what God has in store for you.  It might not be what you want, but you must be content.

Which sounds like a good excuse for 'you have to accept whatever your family members ladle your way, since you won't really 'know' if it's God or Satan' also, so you can see why Jill would say it to Jinge, lol.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, that post-it post is upsetting.

I really hope it references not getting a drippy sundae and not anything about baby Sam.

I mean with these people, that post it could be about the local Starbucks being out of their favorite dessert or a shower curtain falling..... 

My guess is it's probably about People not offering a big payday for the new baby's pics and story. Even if the doctor told Jill no more babies, I doubt she'd be working through accepting that right now....I feel like she'd be in denial for a long time.

Baby Samuel is adorable. He looks more like Henry & Spurgie to me than Iz (I think Iz is adorable, too...just saying he looks a lot like his cousins rather than his big bro for now). 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12

I read a theory a tumblr that Jill may have had a stroke and may have had facial paralysis. It is very weird that there are no pics of her, the bloggers say the one picture of her with Sam seemed staged to hide her face. I heard bell's palsy if a thing that happens to a lot of pregnant woman, too.

When Iz was born her social media was immediately flooded with pictures of both. I think there is definitely something about her appearance that she's trying to hide.

Screenshot_20170725-105347.jpg

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I read that suggestion about Jill/Sam delivery on their Family Update Blog website. The comment was from Anonymous 7/24 @3:00PM

That's the fan blog. I doubt Jill will ever see that ironic post.