Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

My fear is that easy second births will cause Jessa and Jill to have third babies ASAP without giving their bodies a decent recovery period. Pregnancy and labor don't necessarily get easier and safer the more one does it. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Mrs. P. said:

We've been speculating in this thread about whether Jill will be sensible and go to the hospital to give birth. In one of her talking heads last night, she commented on how easy this latest birth was for Jessa and she hopes the Lord will give her an easy birth this time. I'm pretty sure she's planning to try for a home birth again, using Jessa's good experience as a justification. That scares me, but she seems oblivious to the dangers.

She's going to attempt a home birth and I have a really bad feeling about this one. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

She's going to attempt a home birth and I have a really bad feeling about this one. 

As much as I dislike Jill and the harrbrained views she's parroted her entire life, I would be inconsolable if something bad happened to her and/or her baby.

I, too, have a very bad feeling about this for the same reasons many of us on this forum do. 

• Love 24
26 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

As much as I dislike Jill and the harrbrained views she's parroted her entire life, I would be inconsolable if something bad happened to her and/or her baby.

I, too, have a very bad feeling about this for the same reasons many of us on this forum do. 

Hopefully someone close to her with a brain ( there are not many), maybe Cathy, will intervene???? She HAS to know this is a bad idea if they are attempting a home birth. 

• Love 3

What would be the primary danger of a VBAC?  A uterine rupture??  Would they even be able to get her to the hospital in time??  I am getting more and more concerned the closer we get to her presumed due date.  I do believe God answers prayers but I am also a strong proponent of God helps those who help themselves.  Get yourself to a hospital Jill.

• Love 12

she commented on how easy this latest birth was for Jessa and she hopes the Lord will give her an easy birth this time.

And if she has another difficult birth it will be further confirmation that the Lord hates her.

• Love 6

I'm hoping someone in the family has the sense to tell Jill that she may lose one of the blessings, or risk infertility unless she heeds medical advice. It should be that easy. The risk is too great. I'm still predicting she is planning on a hospital birth, but I'm not willing to put money on it. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The big risk is uterine rupture, particularly if she is in labor a long time without making progress.  The risk of rupture is about 1 in 200, however, most of the time, it is not a serious problem.  However, about 1 out of 1000 women who attempt VBAC will have a catastrophic uterine rupture which generally means the entire scar comes apart and even extends laterally into the large blood vessels at the sides of the uterus.  This can result in massive internal hemorrhage for the woman.  In addition, the baby, the cord, the placenta, can come through the opening and out into the abdominal cavity which can result in a lack of oxygen for the baby which, of course, can be fatal or lead to serious, even permanent, injury to the baby.

The problem with home birth in Jill's case is that it is quite apparent that she and whoever she uses as attendants are either unaware or oblivious to the signs and symptoms to look for to predict the risk of rupture (prolonged, non progressive labor with an unusually large baby),  In addition, once the diagnosis is obvious, there is a very narrow window of time to get to the hospital for emergent delivery without risking serious injury or death.  It can be as little as half an hour and virtually no one having a home birth is capable of suspecting the diagnosis, getting to the hospital and being delivered within that timeframe.

This is exactly what happened to a friend of mine.  She had two back to back pregnancies.  First was c-section, second was VBAC.  She delivered both times in the hospital and to make a long story short, she had a really shitty Dr.  She had an emergency hysterectomy and nearly died.  This happened back in the stone ages, when we were all young and having babies.

Jill is a fool and she is playing with fire.  My cat, who has a brain the size of a peanut, has more common sense than the dullards do.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Jill and sensible just don't go together. Jesse stated that she gained less weight with baby #2 and he was a whole pound smaller, so easier to deliver. Jilly Muffin seems just as huge as when she was pregnant with GWB. So not hopeful that her delivery will be easier.

I know the meaning of GWB was discussed some time ago, but had to chime in and say that I tend to associate GWB with George W. Bush. :P

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I agree. Jessa will be pregnant before the year ends and will continue to have a baby every year at Michelle's pace. Jill will have another botched birth and wait another 1.5 years before getting pregnant again until a doctor advices her that perhaps this should be her last to avoid further complications. Jill will ignore this advice and continue to have unsupervised pregnancies until she or her baby dies. Jinger and Jeremy won't start trying until a year into marriage and Joy is probably peeing on a stick right now.

That sounds right. You forgot the part where TLC finally ends the show and Jessa and Bin have seven kids to support and another on the way but no savings or visible means of support. 

• Love 12

Just read on tumblr that Jill is in labor. Apparently the same person who leaked Joy's wedding date leaked the info so it could be true. They might be throwing people off with her big belly picture. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

So, remind me again - Michelle had multiple VBACs, but nearly all were in the hospital, correct? Just Jinger and Joseph were VBACs at home?

Right. Mechelle had unpaid hospital bills after Jessa's birth. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

Yes, but Jill and her headship are ALWAYS on vacation, so she wins again! ;)

Darn it! And no job necessary when you live off blessings and donations. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Lunera said:

My headship is the best! He has a job and takes me on #vacation.

Jill and Derp are pathetic. Why are these fundy girls always posting pics of their husbands doing regular things and calling them the "best husband ever". The bar is so low for them, sad.

Looks like product placement. Would that milk company stoop that low?

• Love 1

People forget that labor and delivery can still be relatively dangerous and the only reason maternal mortality had gone down to the point where having a baby is seen as no big deal is because of medical intervention. Sure, a majority of deliveries are uncomplicated. But we don't hear about the complicated ones any more because people are trained to triage the risk and uncomplicate them. Jill should follow that example.

That said, doesn't the US still have one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the world? It's still objectively low, but higher than a good number of other countries. I can't research right now, but that always surprised me.

Just yesterday there was a GoFundMe on my Facebook timeline for the family of a woman who died from complications of giving birth to her first child. Maternal death is still an issue and it's scary to think that might never have crossed Jill's mind.

• Love 11
(edited)
24 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

We have the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world. And due to get worse when millions lose their healthcare. Jill is a moron. 

And due to get worse the more trendy homebirth gets. There was an article in propublica about childbirth (not really about homebirth) that was good. You can read it if you google Propublica Childbirth.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Hopefully someone close to her with a brain ( there are not many), maybe Cathy, will intervene???? She HAS to know this is a bad idea if they are attempting a home birth. 

In the past I have hoped that Cathy would be the sane voice of reason.  Sadly it hasn't happened. It seems she has become more Duggar looney over the years. 

• Love 4

Ok, Jill's own mother had a million children and Delivered Nearly Every One Of Them!!! at a hospital, and has herself had VBACs. Why is she smiling sweetly and allowing her precious daughter to risk her daughter and precious new grandson's lives with unattended homebirths?? 

• Love 10

I am hoping and praying that Jill will have an uneventful labor and delivery.  However if she does have one that is only going to reinforce in her mind that God is indeed blessing her and  she will go right ahead and have more blessings.  Each one putting her at more and more risk of a uterine rupture (Thank you Doodlebug for explaining what is involved in one) . I think it is only a matter of time before something catastrophic happens to her in childbirth.  I hope I am wrong.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Jill will give IZ the empty chocolate milk container to fill with water and he will play and pretend his mother loves him enough to share and give him a sip of the actual drink...but all Izzy will taste is his mother's bitterness and resentment towards him...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 15

Derick looked awful in those TH segments. His nubby bears was a mess, growing in all different directions, he was greasy and unkempt, IMO, and sloppily dressed. I  wanted to take a razor to his face and throw him in the shower with some soap. I still ask, 'what happened to him'? He used to be a cute looking guy before he married Jill.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Ok, Jill's own mother had a million children and Delivered Nearly Every One Of Them!!! at a hospital, and has herself had VBACs. Why is she smiling sweetly and allowing her precious daughter to risk her daughter and precious new grandson's lives with unattended homebirths?? 

I would think that if Jill would listen to anyone it would be Michelle. Why is Michelle not saying anything?!!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Because a dramatic home birth will make for more compelling television and that's all that she and Jim Bob really care about anymore. Plus, she's never liked Jill and has no emotional connection to her grandchildren, so the idea that she should be genuinely concerned about their safety has probably never crossed her mind. 

• Love 15
On 6/27/2017 at 11:09 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Does she seriously do that? Chi chis are slang for breasts in Mexico. More like saying boobies than tits, but I wouldn't call a baby boy (or girl) Chi Chi. I'd think CA Spanish slang isn't too far off from Mexican Spanish slang. Dumbass Jill strikes again. 

(Don't know why but I think the word 'tits' is gross. Kind of like 'piss'.)

On 6/27/2017 at 11:19 AM, Genevrier said:

I think it is Chu-chu or Chu-chi. Maybe.

Jill really likes to show off her extensive vocabulary of Spanish, doesn't she? She has at least three words. ?

I was thinking it was her version of chico (boy)?

On 6/27/2017 at 1:36 PM, ChaChaSlide said:

It totally is (gosh I sound like Jill lol). The "in" thing right now is "crunchy moms": if you didn't birth at home, eat the placenta, make your own baby food (vegan preferably) and co-sleep, you're lesser than the crunchy mom elite. Being super fit during pregnancy is also in; the most elite moms ran 5ks  a week before giving birth and have what looks like a tiny beer gut at 38 weeks pregnant, and go back to washboard abs within a week postpartum.

The tide really started turning this way with "The Business of Being Born", but was further bolstered by the rise of social media, especially YouTube and Instagram; there's a whole niche of mommyvloggers/"media influencers" who are making money hand over fist for just how far they will go in their plight for superhuman mommy martyrdom. 

OMG, but you have to keep some of the placenta to plant in your garden. AND you have to 'wear' the baby with a sling 24/7 because you are THE MOST DEVOTED MOM EVER. And you have to pre-chew food for your baby (I remember reports of Alicia Silverstone doing this. . . what??). And play Mozart pre-birth so that your kid can get into Harvard. And on and on.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I would think that if Jill would listen to anyone it would be Michelle. Why is Michelle not saying anything?!!!

Because she recently finished grinning and supervising the also ill-advised second home birth for the daughter who almost bled out on the last one? .... I don't think Meeeechelle really gives the girls or their babies a serious thought. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Mechelle had pre-eclampsia (I'm not sure if I spelled that right) and delivered an extremely premature baby.  She miscarried the next one.  She also had one other miscarriage.

I have no idea if pre-eclampsia is hereditary or not, but jeez, don't these people ever learn?  AT LEAST get some real prenatal care.  These people, collectively , don't have the sense god gave a goat.

Our doodlebug spent years training in her profession.  Why wouldn't you use an ob?  

I mentioned somewhere in this forum  that pride goeth before the fall.  Maybe these girls see it as a contest as to who is the godliest.  Somebody is bound to lose and when that happens the loss will be tragic.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Mechelle had pre-eclampsia (I'm not sure if I spelled that right) and delivered an extremely premature baby.  She miscarried the next one.  She also had one other miscarriage.

I have no idea if pre-eclampsia is hereditary or not, but jeez, don't these people ever learn?  AT LEAST get some real prenatal care.  These people, collectively , don't have the sense god gave a goat.

Our doodlebug spent years training in her profession.  Why wouldn't you use an ob?  

I mentioned somewhere in this forum that pride north before the fall.  Maybe these girls see it as a contest as to who is the godliest.  Somebody is bound to lose and when that happens the loss will be tragic.

I want to know what exactly she was studying and training to do. (Not disagreeing with you, I just don't think she comes off as if she learned anything legit. Or anything). She seems clueless or wackado. She says she can take vitals, but I'm skeptical. That takes about an hour to learn with a manual BP cuff and stethoscope.

ETA: I thought we were talking about JILL. Doodlebug is legit.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
I'm a Dumb Ass
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Childbirth and pregnancy are the things Michelle excelled at. She doesn't actually believe any of her daughters (her legacy) could have any real lasting complications, because in it's their genes and they pull through it the way she did.

13 minutes ago, toodles said:

I mentioned somewhere in this forum  that pride goeth before the fall.  Maybe these girls see it as a contest as to who is the godliest.  Somebody is bound to lose and when that happens the loss will be tragic.

IIRC Michelle had pre-eclampsia with Jana and JD. She went on to have 16 kids and 16 pregnancies.   Why let a little thing like pre-eclampsia run your life?

12 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I want to know what exactly she was studying and training to do. (Not disagreeing with you, I just don't think she comes off as if she learned anything legit. Or anything). She seems clueless or wackado. She says she can take vitals, but I'm skeptical. That takes about an hour to learn with a manual BP cuff and stethoscope.

I think Doodlebug is a forum poster who is a practicing OBGYN. Not a nickname for Jill.

• Love 9
(edited)
19 minutes ago, toodles said:

I believe this  ^^^ refers to @doodlebug, not to Jilly Muffin.

@doodlebug has a gen-you-wine medical edumacation and posts useful info.

Jilly Muffin is an ignorant whackjob who doesn't even know how ignorant she is. Sigh.

Edited to add: @anna0852  - snap! Simultaneous postings. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I believe this  ^^^ refers to @doodlebug, not to Jilly Muffin.

@doodlebug has a gen-you-wine medical edumacation and posts useful info.

Jilly Muffin is an ignorant whackjob who doesn't even know how ignorant she is. Sigh.

Edited to add: @anna0852  - snap! Simultaneous postings. 

That's what I meant.  I didn't get that Razzle thought I meant silly Jilly?.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

I think Doodlebug is a forum poster who is a practicing OBGYN. Not a nickname for Jill.

thanks, I was a little worried there.  Yeah, I went to a real medical school and have a license to practice and board certification.  I have also worked extensively with certified nurse midwives who have also attended real midwifery schools and hold licenses and certifications of their expertise in practice.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

thanks, I was a little worried there.  Yeah, I went to a real medical school and have a license to practice and board certification.  I have also worked extensively with certified nurse midwives who have also attended real midwifery schools and hold licenses and certifications of their expertise in practice.

I apologize! I thought we were talking about Jill!

• Love 4

Read this article today as a link from another article on the high rate of maternal mortality in the U. S. - yet another example of how we screw up healthcare here.  It should make your blood boil, and by the way, I have now reached the opinion that every mother in labor and post-partum should have her blood pressure continuously monitored....

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Lunera said:

Just read on tumblr that Jill is in labor. Apparently the same person who leaked Joy's wedding date leaked the info so it could be true. They might be throwing people off with her big belly picture. 

@Lunera do you have any updates?

I don't know why so many people here think that the Duggars don't have health insurance.  Of course they do.  Jim Bob used to be an insurance agent and knows where to find group insurance for everyone.  The reason Anna and the Duggar daughters have home births isn't to save money.  It's because they have the deluded ideas that it is somehow more holy and more natural to give birth at home.  Before modern hospitals, it was also 'more natural' that mothers and babies often died during childbirth; but that pesky little fact is well beyond their reasoning abilities to process.

• Love 5