Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, lascuba said:

No way Jill learned to do that without major instruction. 

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Earth to Triple D and Jilly Muffin: A decent haircut at a local barbershop performed by an actual licensed professional (someone who went to school, practiced and shit, had to pass actual tests to obtain said license) is $15 or so.

Perhaps Triple D could explain exactly how a home haircut by someone who has had NO formal training in the field (and looking like crap as a result) is "frugal".

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Earth to Triple D and Jilly Muffin: A decent haircut at a local barbershop performed by an actual licensed professional (someone who went to school, practiced and shit, had to pass actual tests to obtain said license) is $15 or so.

Perhaps Triple D could explain exactly how a home haircut by someone who has had NO formal training in the field (and looking like crap as a result) is "frugal".

Now, Jill thinks she can deliver babies without actual schooling, appropriate training or licensure; so why wouldn't she feel like she can cut hair properly?

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Now, Jill thinks she can deliver babies without actual schooling, appropriate training or licensure; so why wouldn't she feel like she can cut hair properly?

I don't think Muffy has enough ambition to get a cosmetology license. 

Its a lot of work, as well as requiring being able to pass state exams and understand anatomy, cleanliness, etc.

I wouldn't want someone with dirty bare feet cutting my hair!

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Jilly Muffin would also spent every appointment telling the woman in her chair that Daddy  oops, The Lord did not want her to cut her hair!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DawgMom said:

has this been discussed before??

It had been bugging me recently that I knew someone that looked like Jill, but I could not figure out who it was I knew. It really irked me that I could not think of who it was that I ever knew. But it wasn't anyone I knew, just that I had been seeing them on a tv show... then I saw the show again the other day... Sue Ann from The Facts of Life... I about died, I was like NO WAY!!! Sorry if this is a rehash conversation, my mind only made the connection now and had me freaked out.

sue ann.jpg

jill.jpg

OMG she does!  

To me Jill has always looked like a coworker I had who I just could not tolerate.  She knew EVERYTHING (at the old age of 22) and looked like she could use a bath.  When I was diagnosed with MS (I met her the day I came back to work and was speaking to my other coworker about it), seconds after meeting her she said you know that can be cured.  First of all I was not speaking to her and second, who the fuck does she think she is?  Surely if this could be cured Montel would have done it.  Or any number of very wealthy people inflicted.  So not only do they have being grimy in common they are medical geniuses!  So glad when she quit. 

The Dillholes all look a good 15 years older than they are.  They are not taking care of their countenance.  May they go the way of Franklin D Hart in the Amazon.  Yes I saw 9 to 5 recently :).

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

As an ex hairdresser it irritates me to see people with zero training pretending to be a hairdresser.  Or really any skilled trade that people went to school for and had to pass tests to practice.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I don't think Muffy has enough ambition to get a cosmetology license. 

Its a lot of work, as well as requiring being able to pass state exams and understand anatomy, cleanliness, etc.

My hairdresser told me that one of the hazards of the job is getting hair slivers, even in her feet, and she wears shoes!

• Love 2

I'm surprised Jilly doesn't have a modesty shirt under the one she's wearing or maybe she does & we can't see. On Bringing up Bates last week, one of the girls had on a t-shirt & a jean skirt but she looked so much more put together than Jill or the other Duggar girls do.  Maybe it's the cleanliness factor, their hair looks better taken care of or better makeup but I would never call any of the Bates girls frumpy.  I just can't put my finger on the difference between the Duggar girls & the Bateseses. 

15 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I'm surprised Jilly doesn't have a modesty shirt under the one she's wearing or maybe she does & we can't see. On Bringing up Bates last week, one of the girls had on a t-shirt & a jean skirt but she looked so much more put together than Jill or the other Duggar girls do.  Maybe it's the cleanliness factor, their hair looks better taken care of or better makeup but I would never call any of the Bates girls frumpy.  I just can't put my finger on the difference between the Duggar girls & the Bateseses. 

1) Kelly Bates actually seems to pay attention to her children with more of an extent than "I delivered EVERY ONE."

2) There was no "Josh" Bates.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

As a medical professional, you can imagine how Jill's fake midwifery training irks me.

How about delivering your baby?

@doodlebug, you rock!

I can only imagine how much Jill's know it all attitude chaps your behind. I'm guessing that without a doubt you're floored by her hauling her pregnant ass to Central America (re: Zika) and her foolhardy risk of a VBAC at home, both ideas against sound medical advice from a competent medical professional like yourself.

I was already finding the idea of Muffy the  Barefoot Hairdresser squicky enough, but you had to bring up Muffy the Barefoot Midwife!  I laughed so hard. That's at least 3 orders of magnitude on the gross scale.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Maybe the Bateseses sisters shop at places like Kohl's where you can buy new for very little. Catch a sale, a percent off, Kohl's cash and Yes points, and your money can go a very long way. They have nice things.

Garage sales and thrift stores and flea markets are great for finding antiques and collectibles, but clothes and shoes can be questionable, unless they still have the tags on them. I want to call Jilly Muffin "Jilly Ragamuffin". 

• Love 2

His hair looks so much better now. But the two of them are such an odd pair. Unkempt, dirty looking, past caring.

She surely doesn't care about her appearance, but to an extent I find worrisome. Not everyone must be Queen of Fashion, but looking clean and tidy should be natural for any person.

Neither of them look good these days.

• Love 4

I think there's a few things going on with Jill's appearance. One is that I don't think she has any fashion sense and then when she tries to be fashionable she buys her clothes too big in order to be modest. A clingy long skirt is clingy and buying it one size too big makes it look like something it's not. Her tops are also too big. Jill is a jean skirt Fundy girl and should just stick with that. I also think that the combination of Jill's skin color and hair color along with oily skin make her appear drab and dirty without extra care and I'm not sure she cares enough to put in the extra care. And maybe part of it is Jill's unconscious rebellious side because we know that JB & M spend a lot of time and thought in regard to their appearance. 

• Love 3

I like Derrick's new haircut/style - it is so much better than the man bangs he used to rock.  Props to Jilly for doing something decently for once! That picture in the bathroom is driving me crazy - is it JimBoob with a baby bear wrapped around him? Where was it taken? Besides its odd location in the bathroom the picture itself is just odd!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think there's a few things going on with Jill's appearance. One is that I don't think she has any fashion sense and then when she tries to be fashionable she buys her clothes too big in order to be modest. A clingy long skirt is clingy and buying it one size too big makes it look like something it's not. Her tops are also too big. Jill is a jean skirt Fundy girl and should just stick with that. I also think that the combination of Jill's skin color and hair color along with oily skin make her appear drab and dirty without extra care and I'm not sure she cares enough to put in the extra care. And maybe part of it is Jill's unconscious rebellious side because we know that JB & M spend a lot of time and thought in regard to their appearance. 

All of those are good points. I think she may be one of those people who are truly oblivious about how clothes look on them. Years ago there was a woman like that in the department where I worked. She wore the strangest-looking outfits. It's hard to explain, because for instance she might wear a dress - i.e., not a clashing top and skirt, just a dress - but it would just look so odd on her. And IIRC she did show up in oddly-paired things like tops and slacks/skirts. Somehow she just never looked right. I even saw a photo on her desk once. It was one of those family photos taken in a photo studio and it was obvious everyone had dressed for it. Her husband was in a coat and tie and the kids in nice clothes. And she looked like she'd grabbed a random garment out of a pile in a thrift store. 

So, as to Jill. She grew up in that big family where apparently the girls as they got older dressed out of a communal closet. I wonder if she was required to study those negative detailed Gothard directives about how to cover her shameful body so it wouldn't be an ungodly temptation that would send a poor unsuspecting man to Hell. I can imagine the young Chief Kool-aid Drinker Jill seriously studying all those bogus "lessons" about what details on a dress or blouse would draw the eye to ungodly places and which would "draw the eye" to the face. I could also see her being puzzled and somewhat baffled by that bullshit, probably not wanting to admit it didn't make a lot of sense to her that a bow here would be evil but a button there would not. And then just mentally shoving the whole subject of clothing into some out of the way spot in her mind, with the overriding conscious idea being "just cover everything up from neck to ankles, wear two layers, never pants, long hair is Godly, feet don't matter."

Because of course she also had the vapid yakyak from MEchelle about "modesty," and Jim Bob's herpderp hillbilly schtick about "buy used, save the difference." 

I think that Jana, Jessa, Jinger, and Anna, are fairly normal about being able to dress themselves and look nice.  Jil's just indifferent or oblivious, or incompetent, or maybe all of the above.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Panders said:

I like Derrick's new haircut/style - it is so much better than the man bangs he used to rock.  Props to Jilly for doing something decently for once! That picture in the bathroom is driving me crazy - is it JimBoob with a baby bear wrapped around him? Where was it taken? Besides its odd location in the bathroom the picture itself is just odd!

I agree about the haircut. I have to give credit where credit's due, Jill did a pretty good job for someone with no formal training. In regards to the picture I had to stare at it for a good five minutes before I could figure it out. It's Michelle sitting on Boob's lap. Her face is turned and she's kissing him. All you see is her hair, so that's why it looks like Boob is draped with a dead animal.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree about the haircut. I have to give credit where credit's due, Jill did a pretty good job for someone with no formal training. In regards to the picture I had to stare at it for a good five minutes before I could figure it out. It's Michelle sitting on Boob's lap. Her face is turned and she's kissing him. All you see is her hair, so that's why it looks like Boob is draped with a dead animal.

Oh, yuck. I can. not imagine having a framed picture on the wall - in my bathroom no less - of my mother sitting on my father's lap kissing him. 

If my spouse wanted to hang, in my bathroom, a framed photo of my mother-in-law sitting on my father-in-law's lap kissing him? I'd just say no. 

But, the Duggars are "different." 

Very, creepily, definitely different.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

In regards to the picture I had to stare at it for a good five minutes before I could figure it out. It's Michelle sitting on Boob's lap. Her face is turned and she's kissing him. All you see is her hair, so that's why it looks like Boob is draped with a dead animal.

I NEVER would have figured that picture out - great job Bitterapple and thanks.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Because of course she also had the vapid yakyak from MEchelle about "modesty," and Jim Bob's herpderp hillbilly schtick about "buy used, save the difference." 

Now I want to work "vapid yakyak" and "herpderp hillbilly schtick" into a conversation this week.

• Love 4

Thank you Bitter Apple for deciphering the picture! Now that you've described it, I can see it clearly! I laughed heartily for a good 5 min though that I thought it was a baby bear when it's just Michelle's rat nest!  Still can't believe this pic is hanging in their bathroom - so bizarre! But then again that is what they are!

Derrick needs to gain weight and get healthy - that may help him look less vulture like. Jill needs to chop a foot off her hair, and dress for her body type (both when pregnant and when not)

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Derrick looks so, so ill. Sunken eyes, bad skin, seriously underweight. His transformation since marrying into the Duggar ilk has been nothing short of astounding.

But, at least from his profile, I can see an improvement from the orthodontics, and it appears from his front face shots that his  crossbite is correcting.

Other than that, D3 does not look well at all. Most of us carry around too much shaky pudding, but even taking that out of the equation,  D3 looks too painfully thin to be considered healthy.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Because my grammar skills are slipping
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Derrick looks so, so ill. Sunken eyes, bad skin, seriously underweight. His transformation since marrying into the Duggar ilk has been nothing short of astounding.

I wonder if he picked up a parasite in CA. We don't know what, if any, health insurance they have, and they do seem to avoid competent medical help most of the time. 

He may also be healthy, but simply have aged a lot. People don't really age linearly and serious shock really does age some people very quickly. Other people have brought this up, but this has been Derick's life for the past couple of years:

• Mother's illness
  • Marriage
    • Finding out your wife if funtionally illiterate
    • Finding out wife's desire to serve as a "missionary" was something she said, not something she had ever looked into, or planned for, or studied for, or even thought about
    • Finding out that your wife can NEVER be alone
    • Finding out that you will NEVER be alone for the rest of your life
    • Finding out wife was abused and parents covered it up
    • Finding out wife still believes that her parents are the "best" and intends to raise your child like she was raised
  • Birth of first child
  • Major surgery
  • Spending a year in CA without careful thought, planning, or preparation

As I've mentioned in other posts, I don't think that they are happy in their marriage. I didn't add it to the list because it's speculation, but being unhappy all the time is exhausting, too.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, yuck. I can. not imagine having a framed picture on the wall - in my bathroom no less - of my mother sitting on my father's lap kissing him.

Maybe the picture is there to discourage people from, you know, unrighteously self-fulfilling their desires in the bathroom? You gotta admit, it'd be a good fantasy killer.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's Michelle sitting on Boob's lap. Her face is turned and she's kissing him. All you see is her hair, so that's why it looks like Boob is draped with a dead animal.

I can't believe I blew it way up, and still didn't know what it was until you described it, @BitterApple!

20170226_185200.png

• Love 1
21 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

My hairdresser told me that one of the hazards of the job is getting hair slivers, even in her feet, and she wears shoes!

Ugh. I can attest that hairs are the worst. We have a dog who sheds like mad, and sometimes those little hairs just sneak in and stab you. My son used to get dog hair stuck in his diaper because he would pet the dog then try to remove his diaper, and then he would scream he had "nails" in his pants. I hope they swept well or Izzy is going to be miserable. 

30 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I can't believe I blew it way up, and still didn't know what it was until you described it, @BitterApple!

20170226_185200.png

It was like one of those optical illusion pictures where you can see it one of two different ways...and you keep looking and looking, not seeing the alternate until suddenly it comes together and you can't unsee it again.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It was like one of those optical illusion pictures where you can see it one of two different ways...and you keep looking and looking, not seeing the alternate until suddenly it comes together and you can't unsee it again.

Looks like he's got a tree sloth around his neck.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

24 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Looks like he's got a tree sloth around his neck.

Wow, NEVER would have picked that out as Michelle kissing him! Im fascinated. Totally does look like a baby bear, brown sloth, or some other creature around his neck!  Hilarious that it's just her hair resembling a medium-sized wild mammal!

• Love 5
On 2/25/2017 at 3:36 PM, Missy Vixen said:

Having someone else (non-spouse) touch you is defrauding. Especially if it's a MAN! Because what if "it" moves while you're being shampooed??

• Love 6

Confession: I get my brother to cut my hair, because I'm weirded out by strangers touching my head. (I know it's odd). I don't have layers or anything, it's just a straight cut, just below shoulder length, and he has a steady hand with a pair of scissors, and lets me pay him in chicken schnitzel. So while I consider a lot of what these people do to be totally loopy, I don't find it at all weird when people have family members cut their hair for them. 

That photo though in the bathroom though. I could not have a photo of my father anywhere that I was going to be naked.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I wonder if he picked up a parasite in CA. We don't know what, if any, health insurance they have, and they do seem to avoid competent medical help most of the time. 

He may also be healthy, but simply have aged a lot. People don't really age linearly and serious shock really does age some people very quickly. Other people have brought this up, but this has been Derick's life for the past couple of years:

• Mother's illness
  • Marriage
    • Finding out your wife if funtionally illiterate
    • Finding out wife's desire to serve as a "missionary" was something she said, not something she had ever looked into, or planned for, or studied for, or even thought about
    • Finding out that your wife can NEVER be alone
    • Finding out that you will NEVER be alone for the rest of your life
    • Finding out wife was abused and parents covered it up
    • Finding out wife still believes that her parents are the "best" and intends to raise your child like she was raised
  • Birth of first child
  • Major surgery
  • Spending a year in CA without careful thought, planning, or preparation

As I've mentioned in other posts, I don't think that they are happy in their marriage. I didn't add it to the list because it's speculation, but being unhappy all the time is exhausting, too.

Lest we forget, hiding out to eat food in the bathroom growing up; which also explains why Jill isn't particularly clean or germophobic.  

Which could also explain why she was so set on eating "with" Derrick to the point of driving his lunch out to him daily, because "the truest love", = "willing to trust your food source around him."  

I do blame him a little for "not doing more looking into my fiancee's dreams of being a missionary", because lots of people have childish pipe dreams they don't understand they will never bring to fruition and yet it's pretty obvious to the experienced that their discussions are in fact pie-in-the-sky; but that's probably Derrick's immaturity not equipping him to recognize it.  At this point I think we've got to say he's immature, probably arrested at the point in time where his father died.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, queenanne said:

Lest we forget, hiding out to eat food in the bathroom growing up; which also explains why Jill isn't particularly clean or germophobic.  

Ewww. I just thought about that for a minute. Can you imagine taking a plate of food and eating it in a Duggar bathroom? And that was back when they were crammed with all those people into that 900 sq. ft. house, right? Gross.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Ewww. I just thought about that for a minute. Can you imagine taking a plate of food and eating it in a Duggar bathroom? And that was back when they were crammed with all those people into that 900 sq. ft. house, right? Gross.

Yes, it's so sad.  This is the stuff eating disorders and mental illness are made of.  

Since that little tidbit got it, I'll bet my year's salary that DimBoob is on overdrive ensuring no other info like this sees the light of day.  I'll bet Jeremy will not share any of his wife's idiosyncrasies with the viewing public.  Such a small peek into the abuse those kids have suffered.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Normades said:

Since that little tidbit got it, I'll bet my year's salary that DimBoob is on overdrive ensuring no other info like this sees the light of day.  I'll bet Jeremy will not share any of his wife's idiosyncrasies with the viewing public.  Such a small peek into the abuse those kids have suffered.

Oh definitely. When Jill revealed that little nugget of information, Derick turned to her and looked completely shocked. IIRC, he said something like "really?" as if everything he'd originally thought about this "perfect" family had just flown out the window. I felt bad for Jill, not only because that's the sort of childhood she had thanks to her selfish parents, but because she wasn't able to talk about these things during their courtship. It had to be all sunshine and butterflies, lest Derick think he was getting a lemon instead of a sports car. Keeping up a facade of perfection is exhausting, I don't know how these women do it.

• Love 8

I went back and watched 14 kids and pregnant again what I noticed was they were all allot thinner back then.  I guess JB and Michelle kept a pretty tight lid on the food supply and possible extremely strict.  Then you jump ahead a few years and the food is plentiful hence the TLC gravy train.  Very interesting to see the difference from then to now.

• Love 6

Derick has his blinders on when it comes to Jill. He and Jill were on their "best" behavior while courting, but once the newness wore off, Jill got pregnant fast, and the molestation news hit the fan, all bets were off. His idea was to run for the hills, or in his case Central America, and hoping the fans and believers would take care of the family. His plans have backfired big time. His asking for $24,000 reeks of hitting a new low in asking for help instead of the both of them getting off their lazy asses and earning the money. He should have saw the writing on the wall during the courtship because Jill was acting like a silly teenage girl in love with the first non-male family member giving her the attention she wanted and craved.

In the case of him listening to Cathy in regards to his health and the safety and wellbeing of his family has probably fallen on deaf ears. His life has been handed over to JB and Jill. They seem to think they know what is best for all involved, and no one, I repeat no one, can change their minds. Cathy probably has the mindset something evil has taken over Derick (in this case the Duggars,) and he needs to turn to the bible and God and everything will be fine and dandy because this is the way she was cured and is in remission for now. I am wondering if she regrets the fact her son married a Duggar girl because I do not see a half way pleasant relationship with her and Jill. She probably tolerates Jill in order to see Derick and of course Izzy and baby number two once the little guy is born. She can say she will make sure her grandchildren will get a decent education, but I believe it when I see and hear it since her thoughts and opinions do not matter to the almighty Duggars.

@bigskygirl 

After getting to know Jill, I think Cathy will be able to influence Derick to have his kids better educated. Additional curriculum materials, a more stringent testing homeschool program, in addition to the 5 minute per day mockery of the wisdom booklet series. That way they can still attend the Gothard camp for homeschoolers, be deceptive about the quality AND have their kids properly educated.

• Love 1

(I thought I was the only person who had the strangers touching my head--bad!--thing!! I give haircuts to friends and can do my own in a mirror, it's just short back and sides clipper cut, but eventually I go and get a professional haircut to have them properly thin it out.)

• Love 2