Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

ThirdLove sponsors almost every podcast I listen to. Maybe they could throw a few properly fitted bras Jill’s way? She’s already hawked the Kama Sutra; surely she could find a way to advertise underwear modestly!

ETA: I’d love to see her with the right support garments and a flattering haircut, maybe a lob. She gets flak for being the least pretty of the older sisters but I think she has a lot of potential. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

They couldn't go inside the air conditioned church with the kids? They had to be saved with water and food? 

I really want to help Jill with her hair and 5 minute makeup and some clothing tips.....she doesn't have to be that darn dowdy and she has cute kids. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I've been thinking about what WOULD make them happy. Derick seems hard to please, so it's difficult to decide what would make the perfect wife for him. First of all, I think he should have gotten his career path 100% locked down before he even thought about marriage. Honestly, having a few flings wouldn't have hurt him, either. He could see what kind of girl he liked, and get people skills. I can't see him with some edgy rebel, or a girl more accomplished than him, but there's a LOT of gray area between a rebel / careerwoman and Jill. He might have liked a woman who had a career like nursing or teaching, like he THOUGHT Jill was capable of doing. He might also have enjoyed having a SAHM, since he would have a stable career, but one who is capable and organized. He definitely does not do well with a stage five clinger. I think he for sure needed someone who wanted to wait a few years on kids, and who didn't have an extremely intrusive family. Maybe he would have liked not having kids at all, but he for sure should have not had a honeymoon baby. He could even have gone on a long term mission with a competent wife, had fun doing that for a few years, and then come home, settled down, and worked at Walmart as they started their family. A lot of women wouldn't tolerate his career flip flopping, and maybe he needed a wife who would whip his butt into gear if he waffled around. If his wife was paying all the ills on a teacher's salary, she would have been more motivated to insist he have a career. Having someone who blindly adores him doesn't seem to be a good choice for him. Maybe Derick would enjoy children more who were raised by a more intelligent mother, who gave them routines and structure. Of course, this is also on him, but obviously Jill has more control over the kids' daily lives as a SAHM. If the boys had routine and structure, plus he wasn't living in a depressing, beige environment with unappetizing food, he might thrive a little better. Plus, he might not have had his jaw surgery without being on TV, and if he had a more intelligent wife, she probably would have helped him with the aftercare / notice if he had a problem with any pills he was prescribed. 

Derick's perfect match sounds like Abbie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

All I can see is how badly Jill needs a properly supportive bra in that outfit.  Her boobs are practically at her waistline.

That's all I could see, too.  I've always been busty, and I was enormous when pregnant and breastfeeding in the early 80's, and big cupped bras were not readily available.  There's no excuse now, I see ads saying bras are available up to H cup size.  I'm surprised she hasn't made a deal with a bra manufacturer, but I suppose modeling one for upswipes wouldn't work for a Duggar.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, annakate said:

They couldn't go inside the air conditioned church with the kids? They had to be saved with water and food? 

I really want to help Jill with her hair and 5 minute makeup and some clothing tips.....she doesn't have to be that darn dowdy and she has cute kids. 

And I will play with the boys while you hold beauty school !

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dariafan said:

Thank you, for the love of all...wash your face, wash your hair and cut it...you are cute...you just need a little tinted moisturizer and mascara and lip gloss.....and clothes that fit.....Dariafan.....I wish we could do this....if you want it Jill...we are here!

5 hours ago, dariafan said:

Thank you, for the love of all...wash your face, wash your hair and cut it...you are cute...you just need a little tinted moisturizer and mascara and lip gloss.....and clothes that fit.....Dariafan.....I wish we could do this....if you want it Jill...we are here!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, doodlebug said:

All I can see is how badly Jill needs a properly supportive bra in that outfit.  Her boobs are practically at her waistline.

2 things that the Duggar females care nothing about are bras and footwear. It's very sad that no one taught them better.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Did Jill always have such big boobs? I didn't notice it before. Maybe the change of clothes?

She's probably busty for her frame. Could be just a B cup. However, the worn out bra and the tucked in shirt do her no good. Does she ever look at these pictures before she posts them to see what works and what doesn't? Can she tell? It's a little like me trying to shill car parts or something I know nothing about. 

Her hair looks like a bundle of straw. Why would anyone want that on their head?

• Love 6
9 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

2 things that the Duggar females care nothing about are bras and footwear. It's very sad that no one taught them better.

It really grinds my gears that Jackass JB could spend a quarter million dollars on himself and his stupid senate run but he couldn't provide his own daughters with well made, properly fitting, supportive shoes and underwear. At this rate I'm surprised he didn't just give them old rags to use rather than buy sanitary pads.

• Love 20
On 9/13/2019 at 6:17 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I hesitate to post because I don't have enough brain bleach to hand out afterwards, but I suddenly got a vision of Dreck staging a role-playing fantasy where he, the Grub-Hub guy, delivers hot food and more to a lonely widow (or something, because I can't see their fantasies condoning cheating), who has been texting him ideas of what she intends to to him when he arrives...

BRIDGE TOO FAR!!!!!!!  HA!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/14/2019 at 6:48 AM, galaxychaser said:

Hotdog and weiner probably just send her random stuff

I think this is my favorite name for it so far.  Weiner makes me laugh.  I am apparently a 12 year old boy.

On 9/14/2019 at 11:42 AM, ehall1052 said:

And the dress looks too small and too large at the same time! How can that be?

Jill-Just because they send it does not mean you have to wear it!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
On 9/15/2019 at 8:26 AM, Christina87 said:

That's so interesting! I could definitely see it being a little bit of both. Derick probably saw it as an easy way to get fame and money, which was obviously misguided on his part. He was probably also a lot like many average guys...not attractive but not hideous (then), and just normal...who had trouble getting laid, because they just have zero game. And then once the duggars got their claws into him, they did manipulate him. It was unfortunate from all sides, and I think everyone has buyer's remorse now. 

I've been thinking about what WOULD make them happy. Derick seems hard to please, so it's difficult to decide what would make the perfect wife for him. First of all, I think he should have gotten his career path 100% locked down before he even thought about marriage. Honestly, having a few flings wouldn't have hurt him, either. He could see what kind of girl he liked, and get people skills. I can't see him with some edgy rebel, or a girl more accomplished than him, but there's a LOT of gray area between a rebel / careerwoman and Jill. He might have liked a woman who had a career like nursing or teaching, like he THOUGHT Jill was capable of doing. He might also have enjoyed having a SAHM, since he would have a stable career, but one who is capable and organized. He definitely does not do well with a stage five clinger. I think he for sure needed someone who wanted to wait a few years on kids, and who didn't have an extremely intrusive family. Maybe he would have liked not having kids at all, but he for sure should have not had a honeymoon baby. He could even have gone on a long term mission with a competent wife, had fun doing that for a few years, and then come home, settled down, and worked at Walmart as they started their family. A lot of women wouldn't tolerate his career flip flopping, and maybe he needed a wife who would whip his butt into gear if he waffled around. If his wife was paying all the ills on a teacher's salary, she would have been more motivated to insist he have a career. Having someone who blindly adores him doesn't seem to be a good choice for him. Maybe Derick would enjoy children more who were raised by a more intelligent mother, who gave them routines and structure. Of course, this is also on him, but obviously Jill has more control over the kids' daily lives as a SAHM. If the boys had routine and structure, plus he wasn't living in a depressing, beige environment with unappetizing food, he might thrive a little better. Plus, he might not have had his jaw surgery without being on TV, and if he had a more intelligent wife, she probably would have helped him with the aftercare / notice if he had a problem with any pills he was prescribed. 

As for Jill...I really don't know. The only type of guy I could see her happy with is someone who constantly, constantly babies her and makes his life all about her needs. Derick was sort of like this during the honeymoon period, but few guys can keep this up forever. I would also worry about a guy who *was* like this, because he would probably eventually snap. Jill seems so anxious, and definitely needs therapy before she can be in a happy relationship. It makes me sad how her parents have made her forever thirteen. She needs coping skills, confidence, and self-worth in order to thrive in any relationship. She also needs the self-awareness to realize she doesn't need 749274 kids with her temperament, and that she needs to change how she is raising the kids she has. In a normal world, where she could have been a nurse, and developed some independence, she and Derick might have been a much better match. If she had gone to a real high school and college, and was less clingy / more self aware, she might actually have been a wife who would have meshed well with his personality!

It's kind of funny, because I believe that Derick is a much worse partner (in this marriage) than Jill, but he would have potentially thrived with another partner, if he had stayed single longer, and put off having kids. Jill, who seems to have good intentions, and seems to try harder than Derick to be a good partner, really needs therapy before being with anyone!

Really good post!  I do think a Derick would want more of an equal who was a bit more worldly.  Maybe someone who DID have a career that could be put on the back burner while they had kids (that would have come later).  He got someone afraid of everything who clings like saran wrap.  Who had what prob amounts to a 5th grade education.  While they are driven, neither JB or M are setting the world on fire with their intellect so whatever schooling they provided is not enough to really do anything.  Nor are they able to fraternize with regular folks so they are stunted and not intellectually curious enough to branch out.  Which means the girls are dependent on their spouse and the boys are dependent on JB. 

Derick married into a pod rather than a woman.  I theorize he is persona non grata because he tried to be more independent from the family and spouted their true beliefs during the Jazz brouhaha which tainted them.  Like folk KNOW what they are about but incurious fans just think they are a sweet bible reading family with a huge # of well adjusted kids.  I think he loves his wife and kids but I think they frustrate the hell out of them.  Neither Jill nor Derick picked the right partner for themselves.  I do wonder what will happen to the kids once the show is off the air and JB/M die.  What will be worse is if one of the husbands die and leave their wife with a million kids with no work experience to fall back on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think It is very likely that JB and Michelle presented a sanitized version of events and gave the girls a script to follow when talking to the authorities.  Amongst other things, how could not a single one of the girls awakened when their brother was fondling them?  How could he have only done this one time and then confessed according to the Duggars?  If he was willing to molest a 5 year old in front of her siblings, why wouldn't he have molested the older girls when they were awake?  Josh obviously didn't think he was likely to be caught or punished and I think he did a whole lot more than has been admitted to in public.

Totally.  We got the scrubbed version.  I think it was far more pervasive and extensive.  This is my own thing and perhaps not actually true but I sure wouldn't leave him alone with any females.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I was going to say that outfit wasn't bad but she needs a good bra! The church outfit not the black dress. In order to look good in one of those dresses you need no boobs and need to be very thin. 

Edited by libgirl2
clarification
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Derick married into a pod rather than a woman.  I theorize he is persona non grata because he tried to be more independent from the family and spouted their true beliefs during the Jazz brouhaha which tainted them.  Like folk KNOW what they are about but incurious fans just think they are a sweet bible reading family with a huge # of well adjusted kids. 

I agree, although I think if they had moved away and been more independent, like Jeremy & Jinger, when Derick decided to mouth off, he wouldn't have ticked them off so badly. At the time, the Dillards were still entwined with the Duggars as a whole unit, so whatever Derick said reflected back to them. Jeremy has made some questionable moves, but it's obvious he is his own man so it doesn't reflect poorly on the overall Duggar brand.

• Love 4

Sierra's face looks very thin even tho she's ready to pop.  I know all  women don't  have full faces when pregnant but her face looks thinner than when she is not pregnant. 

Jill's shirt  has a very low neckline for her. Or am I missing a modesty layer?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill has been busy:

4 pictures:

BB595ED1-E64E-4717-8CCE-20C4F90715E8.jpeg

Oh, no. Those wrinkled green floor dusters have made a return. Those aren't from Amy's store, are they? And Jill paired them with busty blouse. Maybe Amy suggested the placement of the shopping bag to cover as much of this mess as possible.  

• LOL 8
10 hours ago, lulu69 said:

It really grinds my gears that Jackass JB could spend a quarter million dollars on himself and his stupid senate run but he couldn't provide his own daughters with well made, properly fitting, supportive shoes and underwear.

And it's even more sad that, as adults, they cant figure it out on their own.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Steff said:

I have found the PERFECT recipe for Jillbilly!  I just received a bunch of old (like seriously OLD) cookbooks from my aunt.  In going thru one of the church lady cookbooks, I found it.  It's even got a name to fit. 

Can Can Casserole!

1 can cream mushroom soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can chicken & rice soup

1 can carnation milk

1 can mushrooms

1 can water chestnuts

1 can chow mein noodles

2 can French friend onions

3 cans of chicken

Mix & top with 1 bag potato chips. Bake until bubbles like a artery hardening masterpiece! 

This is a Jillbilly dining experience that is just begging to be made. 

OMG.  I think I had this at a friends house once.  It was as bad as it sounds.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Steff said:

I have found the PERFECT recipe for Jillbilly!  I just received a bunch of old (like seriously OLD) cookbooks from my aunt.  In going thru one of the church lady cookbooks, I found it.  It's even got a name to fit. 

Can Can Casserole!

1 can carnation milk

1 can mushrooms

1 can water chestnuts

1 can chow mein noodles

3 cans of chicken

Mix & top with 1 bag potato chips. Bake until bubbles like a artery hardening masterpiece! 

This sounds like the kind of thing we used to have at Girl Scout campouts.  Everyone in the troop brought a can and it was all mixed together.  We also had one where everyone brought a can of soup. No cream of soups allowed.  Surprisingly the soups mixed together tasted good.  This recipe, not good at all.

Edited by beagletime
spelling
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Smart friend - drop and run.

To be fair to Jill, parenting can be super hard at times. Even with one kid. But most parents don't have the support she has at her fingertips. And most parents don't have as many hard days as Jill.

Go hug your blessings Jill. Amen

Parenting is hard. Stay at home Moms( I was never one) have it even harder because they don’t get  that adult time while at work.

I’m not sure how much support Jill gets from her sisters and Mom.  They are all busy with their own kids, or they are too young to drive.  Plus I think  the Duggars actually do ‘leave and cleave’  with Jill and Jinger much more than they do with the ones that still attend JBs church of choice and adhere to his beliefs. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

Parenting is hard. Stay at home Moms( I was never one) have it even harder because they don’t get  that adult time while at work.

I’m not sure how much support Jill gets from her sisters and Mom.  They are all busy with their own kids, or they are too young to drive.  Plus I think  the Duggars actually do ‘leave and cleave’  with Jill and Jinger much more than they do with the ones that still attend JBs church of choice and adhere to his beliefs. 

Yup! I was a stay at home mom for 10 years. Plenty of hard days.

I tend to see things a little different with Jill and Derick and the Duggar parents. I don't think JB has a problem with Derick at all. He said out loud what they all believe and the show continued on without even a pause.

I don't, however, believe for a second that Michelle would help Jill with the boys, but I do think Jana, Jenny and Anna would. And probably even Jason and James. And Jill could certainly just hang at the TTH and let her boys wander aimlessly with the rest of the clan.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Is there a reason the unnecessary hashtags are in the middle of the post this time? #justwondering

Caffeine kicked in?

2 hours ago, Steff said:

Can Can Casserole!

1 can carnation milk

1 can mushrooms

1 can water chestnuts

1 can chow mein noodles

3 cans of chicken

Stroke in a can...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3