Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder who would win in a pizza making contest? The Vuolos or Dillards?

I think it would be a real race to the bottom, but I kind of want to see the meltdown Jeremy "I'm a quarter Italian" Vuolo has at being bested at making pizza by his redneck in-laws. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • LOL 18

Jill's would taste like whatever the cut-rate, pre-made crap she got at Walmart tastes like. 

The store brand dough, the watery canned pizza sauce, and the generic pre-shredded rubbery cheese.   Pitiful, but perfectly on brand for them. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Jill's would taste like whatever the cut-rate, pre-made crap she got at Walmart tastes like. 

The store brand dough, the watery canned pizza sauce, and the generic pre-shredded rubbery cheese.   Pitiful, but perfectly on brand for them. 

And it would still taste better than Jinger's pizza. lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Before I'd even taste a Vuolo or Dillard pizza I'd need proof of pony tails, washed hands and absolutely no kid feet any where near the fixings.

I wonder if they ever eat food at other people's houses or restaurants and wonder why it tastes better then when they make it. Like pizza without hair, germs or feet. It makes a difference.

Edited by andromeda331
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, kaleidoscope said:

I am second in line on the reserve list at the library for Jill's book.  It is due out soon and I am interested to hear what she has to say.

I for one, will appreciate your review! I don’t plan to read it. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, awaken said:

I for one, will appreciate your review! I don’t plan to read it. 

There is a library close to my mom's place; I sometimes stop in there, but because I'm in a different county, I can't check books out. So if I can find it there and read it in an afternoon, or if it shows up for 99 cents on my Kindle, I will read it. Otherwise, I'll leave it up to other people reading it and reviewing it.  

• Like 4
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Before I'd even taste a Vuolo or Dillard pizza I'd need proof of pony tails, washed hands and absolutely no kid feet any where near the fixings.

What, you DON'T like having long-ass hair in your food? Picky, picky, picky. 

• LOL 10

Wow, they could have at least squeezed Dillard in there as in Jill Duggar Dillard.  I understand why they used Duggar because that's how most people would remember her, but I'm surprised Jill would be comfortable with her married name being completely omitted.  I wonder if she will get a People photo shoot and show up on some of the tabloid shows like Jinger did.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

When does the book come out? I too am looking forward to reviews. Ones shared on here and ones in the media.

Four months earlier than the original announcement,  now it’s September 12th. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4

The omission of Dillard surprised me.  Anytime I read an article, regardless of the context, it has her maiden & married names.  I placed a hold request back on 7/22, and I'm still 21 of 29.  One of the best things about Baltimore County is our library system.  There are 19 branches, and I'm close to 4, but they only ordered 5 copies as of now.  I tried to read Jinger's book, and I had to stop a few pages in.  Yikes.

• Useful 5
On 8/25/2023 at 5:24 PM, sagittarius sue said:

My county library has it on order with 26 holds already.  I checked up on Jinger's book, and it appears to be fairly popular.  I think SHP has a lot to do with interest in these books.

23 holds for the ebook at my library, and even more for the audio version. I was a little surprised, but now I think you’re right— SHP is having an effect. 

• Like 12

All this talk about Jill and Jinger's books is leaving me with all kinds of questions. I assume since the advent of ebooks library use has increased. Do authors get royalties of sorts from library 'reads'? Can and do publishers limit the amount of copies sold to libraries?

I know plenty of folks still like to read and own actual books, but I'm guessing books from D list celebrities isn't high on that list.

It makes be think of all the hoopla back in the day of, uhm, can't remember, maybe Limewire or Napster in regard to music.

Obviously libraries and sharing books have been around forever, but I never thought much about this in regard to an author's profit.

• Like 2

I think the difference between library ebooks and Napster is that with file sharing you could get music instantaneously as well as keep the stuff you downloaded and do what you wished with it (ah, the mix cd). A library ebook deletes itself off of your device at the end of the loan period  and you have to wait in line for it just like a paper book. I would image that if libraries ceased to be some people would spend the money to buy Jill's book but a lot wouldn't bother. Plus, there are always people (me!) who like to re-read and might buy the book if they enjoyed the loan copy.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

All this talk about Jill and Jinger's books is leaving me with all kinds of questions. I assume since the advent of ebooks library use has increased. Do authors get royalties of sorts from library 'reads'? Can and do publishers limit the amount of copies sold to libraries?

Taking this to Small Talk.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:24 PM, sagittarius sue said:

My county library has it on order with 26 holds already.  I checked up on Jinger's book, and it appears to be fairly popular.  I think SHP has a lot to do with interest in these books.

My library co-op doesn't even have it listed already. I emailed my library to see if they were planning to order it. 

• Like 4

Interesting....

10 days before Jinger's book was released, she was doing a PEOPLE magazine multi-page photo shoot, commenting on their podcast, then flying to New York to be interviewed on the Tamron Hall show and featured on "Good Morning America" and "Nightline". 

10 days before Derrick's book is released.......*crickets*

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Interesting....

10 days before Jinger's book was released, she was doing a PEOPLE magazine multi-page photo shoot, commenting on their podcast, then flying to New York to be interviewed on the Tamron Hall show and featured on "Good Morning America" and "Nightline". 

10 days before Derrick's book is released.......*crickets*

Jinger had a better agent. I can't believe that Jill is voluntarily eschewing interviews. Especially given that they are selling this as a tell all 

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jinger had a better agent. I can't believe that Jill is voluntarily eschewing interviews. Especially given that they are selling this as a tell all 

Well she is posting about simultaneously drinking cups of tea, water and coffee while pushing her book. Surely that's equivalent to a live interview. 😁

image.png.bd2202d737d940348990a108bb63a0ee.png

• LOL 12

It could be that Derick, unlike Reverend Rad Homie, has a job that does not afford him the opportunity to gallivant like when he worked at Walmart. Jill could do remote interviews evenings and weekends. She could do them alone, but she is still Jilly Clingy.

• Like 14

Book tours/interviews are usually set up by the publisher, not the agent.

In this particular situation, it is more than relevant that Jill's publisher, Gallery Books, is an imprint of Simon & Schuster, which Paramount just been sold to KKR, a private equity firm best known for destroying Toys R' Us.

Even prior to the sale, the major publishers in general and Paramount/Simon & Schuster in particular were demanding cutbacks in multiple areas, including marketing; post sale, multiple authors across genres have reported that their marketing/promo for upcoming releases is now close to non-existent. 

So I don't think any of this is on Jill, or has anything to do with her relationship with Derick. 

With all that said, it's also very possible that she does have a number of upcoming gigs to promote the book that just haven't been announced yet. That's certainly been true for other celebrity bios.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 17
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It seems that Jill's agent's/publisher's sole marketing idea was to have her publish under the Duggar name instead of Dillard. Which, don't get me wrong, is a solid idea, but shouldn't be the only one.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1