Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Again with the awful kissing picture. Why? Is it a coincidence that Counting On is on TeeVee tonight?

NIKE!!  The passion in that kiss was way too much.... 🙄

I picture their sexy times as very mechanical.   Insert piece B into slot A....

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Lunera said:

That lawn used to be green. 

Screenshot_20191105-171827_Chrome-1080x1571.thumb.jpg.d240ab4734717d8551531b14ec386dd2.jpg

We lived in Louisiana for a lot of years.  Our grass always turned brown in the winter and rejuvenated itself in the spring. Could be the kind of grass.  I know they are farther north, but, still could be a normal thing.  

• Love 7

It hard to tell if their lawn is dead or just dormant.  It looks as if they had a long dry spell and it never got water and went dormant.  It may or may not come back once it gets proper watering.  Since it's a new build home, the lawn was probably laid out with sod and they never cared for it properly while they were away for Deertick's summer job.  Having that fire pit device in the middle of all that dry grass makes me nervous!!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Again with the awful kissing picture. Why? Is it a coincidence that Counting On is on TeeVee tonight?

I find those kissy-face pics incredibly annoying.  Even RFP & JinJ have more discretion than these two jokers.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

NIKE!!  The passion in that kiss was way too much.... 🙄

I picture their sexy times as very mechanical.   Insert piece B into slot A....

I'm sorry I looked at it long enough to see Jill with tight fish lips and D'Wreck with lips tightly clamped together.  If lotion times are at all like that, nobody is having much fun.  I don't want to see another kissing picture, much less to ever think about lotion time🤮

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I picture their sexy times as very mechanical.   Insert piece B into slot A...

With a lot of passionate screaming on Jill’s part about how it is the BEST SEX EVER and WE DO IT EVERY NIGHT GUYS.  

Given him the way he treats other people, Derreck cannot possibly be a fantastic lover.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

That poor little boy is stuck in the house with Jill all the time. He really needs to go to a nice little Christian school. Jill has no job and can drive him to school and pick him up if she's concerned about him riding in a school bus. No excuse to keep him at home like she is doing. Why doesn't Cathy step in and speak to her son?

• Love 22
16 hours ago, Suzn said:

I've been thinking about why I am really bothered by Jill's myriad fields of incompetence, her laziness, her bad parenting, poor housekeeping, poor taste and bad photography.  In general I'm not concerned about various idiots I encounter, so why do I give a shit about what Jill and her monkey do?  I realized that it is simply because they hold themselves up as role models and as admirable people.  Jill was raised to believe that the Duggars were superior in every way and therefore should present themselves as examples of how to be.  There are still enough people to support this delusion and she goes on offering recipes, sex advice, modeling clothes, and advice on every aspect of life.  She is so lacking in self-awareness that the delusion can continue indefinitely it appears.

Even worse, she's part of a group who believe they should force (I doubt they would use this word, but it's true) everyone to follow their beliefs and practices. The duggar kid's going into politics is part of that strategy as is derick's law education. Even if they don't achieve their theocracy, their like-minded politicians and judges can make life difficult for the rest of us for a very long time. I'm not buying what the dullards are selling and take joy in the fact that jill's lifestyle promotions are so hilariously inept. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

That poor little boy is stuck in the house with Jill all the time. He really needs to go to a nice little Christian school. Jill has no job and can drive him to school and pick him up if she's concerned about him riding in a school bus. No excuse to keep him at home like she is doing. Why doesn't Cathy step in and speak to her son?

It would be interesting to know how much TV the boys are allowed to watch.  I'm thinking about more of the educational type programs like Dora, Sesame Street or other PBS kid shows.  Something they could look forward to & follow along with each day.  Maybe Jill could make a themed style meal centered around something from the show.

We haven't seen or heard about Izzy & his home foolin for a while. Has skool even started back for him?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Even worse, she's part of a group who believe they should force (I doubt they would use this word, but it's true) everyone to follow their beliefs and practices. The duggar kid's going into politics is part of that strategy as is derick's law education. Even if they don't achieve their theocracy, their like-minded politicians and judges can make life difficult for the rest of us for a very long time. I'm not buying what the dullards are selling and take joy in the fact that jill's lifestyle promotions are so hilariously inept. 

Absolutely true!  They would be happy to have a dictatorship of their own making.  I need to adopt your attitude toward their "hilariously inept" efforts.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

Why doesn't Cathy step in and speak to her son?

Cathy could talk to these fools until she’s blue in the face but I don’t think it would help.  She could be on them every day and we wouldn’t know it because they’re set on homeschooling with Jill’s third grade education.  You can lead a horse to water and all that. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Sesame St. is definitely banned among fundie circles. That's pretty across the board. I think there was some conspiracy that the different colored "monsters" was a liberal agenda to push tolerance/inclusiveness. Disney movies are also AFAIK very unpopular because there's conspiracies about them as well. Frozen pushes lesbianism, etc. 

But whether these practices are actually in effect in fundie households differs. I think the thing about Jill and Derick is that they're just too DULL to appreciate some of the witty parodies that Sesame Street does. Like for instance would they "get" this parody of Life of Pi?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, EVS said:

I don’t think that the Duggars/fundies are wrong about Sesame Street promoting tolerance and inclusiveness. Wasn’t there even a female monster in a wheelchair at one point?

What is crazy to me is that they consider that a “liberal agenda” and not something that the Bible also preaches and therefore something that they should strive for, both as Christians and as human beings. Their interpretation of the Bible and Christianity is something I will never understand.

On a personal note, my 20 year old was home from college last weekend and once again brought up his favorite childhood memory-when I used to pick him up and dance him around the room to “The Batty Bat” song. 

The batty bat is an awesome song !  I still sing it and I’m cough over 40 cough 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, dariafan said:

The batty bat is an awesome song !  I still sing it and I’m cough over 40 cough 

It’s been stuck in my head since he mentioned it. Izzy and Sam are missing out if they never get to hear it. 

• Love 3

I'm partial to Rubber Ducky. I still sing it in my head when I take a bath. 😁

It's a shame that Sam and Izzy are deprived of this oldie-but-goodie at bathtime. 😟

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 17
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's a shame that Sam and Izzy are deprived of this oldie-but-goodie at bathtime. 😟

I always like the L song.... la la la linoleum!

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Awww... rubbie duckie, you're the one 🐤

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I also love that one, but we all know Bert and Ernie are more than just roommates. No way any Duggar-Dillard kid can see that.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

I love the Sesame Street cover of "Shiny Happy People" with REM there:

See this is the kind of wholesome happy thing that I think Jill desperately needs. She seems rather glum and as an influencer the point is to constantly put out material that shows just how happy the fundie life is. 

I feel like Jessa and Jinger are both better at "influencing" by making the fundie life seem more fun.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I also love that one, but we all know Bert and Ernie are more than just roommates. No way any Duggar-Dillard kid can see that.

Um, no, they are not.  Sesame Street has debunked this rumor more than once.   If Bert and Ernie  were recent additions to the ‘cast’, I could see that.  However, they have been there from the beginning. Long before the shows writers and producers  would have even thought to go there. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Um, no, they are not.  Sesame Street has debunked this rumor more than once.   If Bert and Ernie  were recent additions to the ‘cast’, I could see that.  However, they have been there from the beginning. Long before the shows writers and producers  would have even thought to go there. 

I don't see the need to debate this, but they have always been portrayed as very close friends who share a bedroom and Ernie has had guests in his bathtub.  It's not a stretch to see where a Duggar or Duggar-adjacent would have a problem with them.  They are the types to see something nefarious in something completely innocent.  

I can see where Bert and Ernie can be read as queer and if that helps some queer kids feel better about themselves,  then I am all for it.  Personally,  I think they are in a loving committed asexual relationship. Which makes some sense since the writer for them back in the 80s when I would have been watching is a gay man.  

• Love 11

Bert and Ernie actually come from a vaudeville tradition of the opposites comedy duo. A bit like Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy. Or if you want to go way, way back Don Quixote and Sancho Panza. Bert is like Don Quixote - thin, more formal, very punctilious. Ernie is Sancho -- fat, silly, earthy. 

Of course, I don;t think the Duggars have anywhere near the background knowledge to appreciate cultural traditions like this. Which is why I feel bad for them -- for kids who had a whole TV crew taking them to interesting places to do interesting things few of them had the curiosity to cherish those experiences.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

OMG Me too! (Or, um, any time I see a rubber duck.) LOL

It never even dawned on me about these people missing out on that but yep. 😞 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I nearly choked to death on the Sprite I was drinking when it got to the GoFundMe part. Bahahahaha 

Or, as Nurie calls it, the Go To Me Fund. 

I can't remember, did Jill and Derick have a GoFundMe when they were in Danger America or did they only solicit donations through their website?

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I nearly choked to death on the Sprite I was drinking when it got to the GoFundMe part. Bahahahaha 

Or, as Nurie calls it, the Go To Me Fund. 

I can't remember, did Jill and Derick have a GoFundMe when they were in Danger America or did they only solicit donations through their website?

Go fund me was my favorite part. They wanted 100,000 pounds. They raised... 47 🤣🤣🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Well I think that the fundie culture essentially needs to feel super-special. They need to believe that that life is not for everyone, and only a select group of the truly Godly belong. 

With that being said, I feel like the Duggars are especially selfish and that's a Duggar trait, not a fundie trait. I do have a pretty fundie doctor friend and while I do not agree with him on his rigid beliefs he spends 6 months of the year in areas of sub-Saharan Africa and treats people dying of AIDS. He feels that it's his mission to do this work. It's not easy work. It involves treating a lot of traumatized children and sex workers and people at the end of their rope. And the day to day work involves very little banging on about Jesus, and everything to do with administering medicines, sex education, all things the Duggars would scream "Nike" about.

Most of the fundies I know are pretty selfish. 

• Love 5

What is sad is that the Sesame Street characters are freaking puppets. Characters that will keep young children's attention as they learn without even knowing they're learning. The fact Fundies can find something wrong with that is beyond ridiculous. 

Parents can instill family and spiritual values in children without wiping away an enriching and fun childhood. It's not like acknowledging that rubber duckies can make bathtime fun wipes away Jesus. Jesus probably would have been fond of his rubber ducky too, if he had one.

• Love 18
13 hours ago, EVS said:

I don’t think that the Duggars/fundies are wrong about Sesame Street promoting tolerance and inclusiveness. Wasn’t there even a female monster in a wheelchair at one point?

What is crazy to me is that they consider that a “liberal agenda” and not something that the Bible also preaches and therefore something that they should strive for, both as Christians and as human beings. Their interpretation of the Bible and Christianity is something I will never understand.

On a personal note, my 20 year old was home from college last weekend and once again brought up his favorite childhood memory-when I used to pick him up and dance him around the room to “The Batty Bat” song. 

That's great! My favorite for dancing to was "Do the Rubber Duck" The Count makes a cameo in that one (as do practically all the Muppets) "and while you wash away your troubles, don't forget to count the bubbles- One, Two, Three, Four!"

All those characters in one bathtub! Heavens, that would probably make a Fundie pass out!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=do+the+rubber+duck&view=detail&mid=1CAA561D03889956B9FB1CAA561D03889956B9FB&FORM=VIRE

• Love 6