Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Shorts and a tank top all in one outfit!

Boob’s blood pressure probably reached stroke level when he saw that pic.  He and Mama are burning up the prayer closet, trying to pray away the demons they think have possessed Jill’s soul. ?

• Love 15

I wonder if when Jill is hiking in the woods in such scantly attire she yells Nike to male hikers so they'll look away. Or if she quietly hides behind the nearest tree. After years of being covered clavicle to shins she must feel down right naked.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

That resume is pretty weird and you can pinpoint almost exactly when he started to lose his mind. The first posts are just normal teenage stuff, then school, then his stay in Nepal which was Jesus-related but he downplays that and focuses on the things his actually did day to day which makes sense professionally. Then it gets a little weird because you'd think an accountant job at Walmart would merit more than two fairly vague lines in such a short resume, but maybe he didn't do much while working there. But then the batshittery truly begins and he starts sounding like a full-blown religious nutjob, which to be fair he is. It looks like 2015 really did a number on his psyche.

It's also interesting that he doesn't mention his reality-tv job at all.

Well, apparently that reality tv “job” was a “volunteer” gig. 

• Love 17

Nepal, Walmart, S.O.S., and Cross Church Student = 4 gigs in the past 4 years.  This would not impress any future employer.  Derick is 29-years-old, has no job stability and hasn't been employed in over a year.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Shorts and a tank top all in one outfit!

The first thing I thought when I saw this was that Jill looks so much younger. That's when I realized:

A. She is dressed like someone her age, not a 50-year-old frumpy mom (like Meechelle). 

B. It's from far away, so you can't see her crow's feet. 

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

The first thing I thought when I saw this was that Jill looks so much younger. That's when I realized:

A. She is dressed like someone her age, not a 50-year-old frumpy mom (like Meechelle). 

B. It's from far away, so you can't see her crow's feet. 

C. Or that Shar-pei she's got on her forehead. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Someone mentioned LinkedIn:

Experience

Resident Missions MinisterCross ChurchAugust 2017 – Present (11 months) | Springdale, AR

Work with leadership in the missions department to reach Northwest Arkansas, America, and the world for Jesus Christ!

MissionaryDillard Family MinistriesJuly 2015 – Present (3 years) | Central America

Developing human relief efforts and investing in people spiritually through communication of the Word of God, which is powerful unto salvation. 

Missionary/ Church Planter to El SalvadorS.O.S. MinistriesJuly 2015 –  May 2017 (1 year 11 months)| Clearwater, FL

-Work directly with current Central American leadership team.
-Assist mission teams coming from the USA (prepare, help lead, etc.)
-Help oversee work among gang communities, including job skills training, youth outreach, and other humanitarian efforts
-Help Salvadoran leaders train, disciple, and prepare young men for ministry
-Assist and help Salvadoran leaders advance the Gospel in unreached regions

Tax Accountant - Sales and Use Tax ControversyWalmartFebruary 2014 –  June 2015 (1 year 5 months) | Bentonville, AR

I worked with state and local tax jurisdictions across the U.S. to conduct sales and use tax audits in an efficient manner, including research on tax law and practices, to insure full compliance and proper remittance or refund of tax. 

Student - Volunteer CoordinatorOtherJanuary 2012 –  January 2014 (2 years 1 month) | Kathmandu, Nepal

I spent two years living in Kathmandu, Nepal. I led volunteer teams from America into Himalayan mountain villages as we helped in aiding Tibetan refugees. This mainly included service projects, training, and education for Tibetans and Nepalese. Trips lasted up to a month of living in the mountains. I was responsible for every aspect of the trip including, but not limited to travel logistics, lodging, food, training material, collection of materials for projects, and decision making while working.

Pistol Pete MascotOklahoma State UniversityApril 2009 –  April 2011 (2 years 1 month) | Stillwater, OK

Swimming InstructorAmerican Red CrossMay 2010 –  August 2010 (4 months) | Rogers, AR

Pool Manager, Lifeguard, Substitute TeacherCity of RogersMay 2006 –  August 2010 (4 years 4 months) | Rogers, AR

Education

Southwestern Baptist Theological SeminaryBible/Biblical Studies, 4.02014 –  2017

Oklahoma State University - StillwaterBachelor’s Degree, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, 3.52007 –  2011

Volunteer Experience & Causes

Causes Derick cares about:

Economic Empowerment

Education

Health

Human Rights

Politics

Poverty Alleviation

First of all I seriously doubt Jesus Christ wants you to use him in order to spread your hatred and bigotry to others. Help oversee work among gang leaders. Does Deredick actually think praying and bible verses will cause gangs to see the light. Seriously... Substitute Teacher for the City of Rogers. Right.... What exactly did you teach Deredick.

And last but certainly not least. Does he think the universe cares about the causes he cares about especially human rights which he has absolutely no clues about. Education...Right... Economic Empowerment...Hmmm...Does that mean asking for donations instead of getting off your whiny, selfish, narcissistic ass and actually work, or marrying a girl from a family who has their own reality show in order for people to give you the time of day in order to get more money. I could go on and on, but I think we all get what I am saying here.

14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Considering all we’ve been through together, I feel like we’ve been together 20 years

It's only been four years in real life, but in dog years it feels much, much, longer.

• Love 20

Considering all we’ve been through together, I feel like we’ve been together 20 years

Anything they have been through seems to me, has been of their own making.

There are couples that deserve empathy. These two? Not at all.

• Love 11
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

It's only been four years in real life, but in dog years it feels much, much, longer.

Bring married to someone like Cling A Long Jill or Deredick would feel more like a lifetime in hell with no possibility for parole any time soon. Spending five minutes in a room with one or both of them would cause me to run to the phone to call my counselor and ask for an emergency therapy session, and something to knock me out for a few days in order to erase my memory of being around them.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Okay, so I have to admit I like the outfit and sandals on Jill. She looks good.

She looks like a normal human being. Not crazy. 

20 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Who includes high school and college jobs on their resume once they have actual adult job experience?

Those whose adult job experience is lacking. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She looks normal.

Those skinny arms and legs!  And the matronly belly.  I think she looks pregnant.

Seriously, I had my last two kids just 16 months apart, in my 30's, too and I got my flat belly back mostly.  I'm 61 and my abdominal muscles are pretty taunt.  It just takes a few minutes of excersise daily and I always worked full time.  Jill has time!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, graefin said:

She's been wearing tanks for a while now. If you look closely, you can see the modesty tank (eye roll) under the green tank. The shorts seem to be new, though. 

In her defense (ugh), that top shirt is pretty flimsy. I have shirts like that, and I wear a tank under them. 

19 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Jill needs a lot of stuff...

Like critical thinking skills, for one, and the rest will follow. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

In her defense (ugh), that top shirt is pretty flimsy. I have shirts like that, and I wear a tank under them. 

It's a loose cut (or large size?) but otherwise looks like a regular tank top to me? I just wear a sports bra under mine for the same sort of coverage, but I guess that's not modest enough for them :p

(But if you're hiking out in the woods with nobody but your husband--for whom any desires stirred up can be righteously fulfilled--to see you, would such a outfit be acceptable? What's the sound of one hand clapping?)

• Love 6
1 minute ago, graefin said:

It's a loose cut (or large size?) but otherwise looks like a regular tank top to me? I just wear a sports bra under mine for the same sort of coverage, but I guess that's not modest enough for them :p

(But if you're hiking out in the woods with nobody but your husband--for whom any desires stirred up can be righteously fulfilled--to see you, would such a outfit be acceptable? What's the sound of one hand clapping?)

The material looks thin. I'm wearing a shirt right now that hangs just the same way; I wear a jacket over it when I take the dog out because I'm not wearing a heathenish modesty undershirt. 

• Love 4
On 6/21/2018 at 7:58 PM, ginger90 said:

Why go on a date night to a children's movie? Like I get adults want to see these movies too, but this is a movie to like...take your kids too! Go see Jurassic World or hell, Deadpool 2. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Why go on a date night to a children's movie? Like I get adults want to see these movies too, but this is a movie to like...take your kids too! Go see Jurassic World or hell, Deadpool 2. 

I'm 41 and would absolutely go on a date night to Incredibles 2 (I actually went to an adults only screening my local cinema had, so I could enjoy it without any kids around). 

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, kalamac said:

I'm 41 and would absolutely go on a date night to Incredibles 2 (I actually went to an adults only screening my local cinema had, so I could enjoy it without any kids around). 

To each their own I guess. With everything in theaters right now, there are other movies that scream date night and this one just isn't it. I could see an adult only screening, but with literally nothing else out for kids right now; I wouldn't go without mine. 

• Love 1

OT: If any of you have photosensitive epilepsy, or close relatives who do, please reconsider seeing Incredibles 2. There have been a lot of reports of strobe light-type effects in the movie causing problems for photosensitive people (like me, so I won't be seeing it). 

Back on topic: Did the Dullards share a pop/soda/soft drink/beverage? 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Deadpool 2 has a lot of cursing so no to that by Dillard’s.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Swimming InstructorAmerican Red CrossMay 2010 –  August 2010 (4 months) | Rogers, AR

Pool Manager, Lifeguard, Substitute TeacherCity of RogersMay 2006 –  August 2010 (4 years 4 months) | Rogers, AR

Wait, Wait, Wait - Derrick was a swim instructor & pool manager!  Derrick?  A pool with male and female swimmers where the females wear at least a regular one piece bathing suit AND where he may have touched them in their bathing suits while showing proper swimming/life saving technique?  First reaction when I saw this was a jaw drop then thinking about it what a huge change from that to the Walmart job where he supposedly complained about how his female co-workers were dressed and had trouble taking orders from female supervisors.  Someplace on that resume right between Pistol Pete and Nepal there is a major, major life event that shifted his entire way of looking at the world and just about flipped over his viewpoints on many things.  I find that fascinating and have to admit it makes me really curious about the full story on how/why that happened.  How and why he became more and more conservative and insulated about his viewpoints until he became the person Jill and JB saw in Nepal and the hardcore outspoken (bullying, bigoted) religious guy (trying to avoid using the word nut) we see today.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

How and why he became more and more conservative and insulated about his viewpoints until he became the person Jill and JB saw in Nepal and the hardcore outspoken (bullying, bigoted) religious guy (trying to avoid using the word nut) we see today.

Reality television, social media?

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, Trillium said:

Well the highlighted is a bunch of bullshit. Unless he means taking away human rights.

Actually the whole thing is unreadable nonsense.

Unfortunately he means the "human right" of a certain kind of conservative Christian to stomp on the human rights of all other people successfully and with complete impunity. 

Because it's for our own good. .... 

I mean, I do get it.

He and the community that's taught this little follower to spout this fervently believe that they have ALL the truth and that anybody who isn't exactly in their mold is not only putting themselves in danger of eternal hellfire but ruining everybody's chances to welcome the second coming of the correct Jesus one day soon. I can see why believing this would convince you that being so hard line was the right thing to do. 

Too bad it totally misses the big picture.

....I guess the only hope lies in the fact that people do abandon this belief. Here and there, gradually, one at a time. Maybe over the decades some Duggars and Duggar adjacents will abandon it, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
parallel structure fail
  • Love 14
(edited)
9 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Some couples, like my husband and I, don't and can't have kids, but enjoyed the first Incredibles movie and would be interested in seeing Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World. Having kids should not be a requisite to watching the Incredibles 2 or any other animated movie.

Derick's resume: It does seem there has been a progression from mainstream to fanatic and I think it had been happening pre-Jill or pre-JB. What year did Derick's father pass away?

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 14

Derick was in his early teens when The Incredibles came out.  He was just about the target audience.  He likely has very nostalgic memories of the franchise.

I don’t mind them not taking Izzy because early 3 is still pretty young for a movie theater.  I’d be lucky if my 4 year old lasted 30 minutes in her seat.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

First reaction when I saw this was a jaw drop then thinking about it what a huge change from that to the Walmart job where he supposedly complained about how his female co-workers were dressed and had trouble taking orders from female supervisors. 

We have to remember that story came from an unverified internet source and could have simply been made up.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

We have to remember that story came from an unverified internet source and could have simply been made up.

Good point, and I never bought that story, personally. Derick is a whacko with a lot of negative qualities, but he's also a guy who grew up with a working mother, attended a normal college and lived in a foreign country for several years. Jill is now wearing bathing suits, tank tops and shorts. I don't see him having hissy fits over co-workers' attire. I think he was missing too much work to film the show and Walmart gave him the ax.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Missionary/ Church Planter to El SalvadorS.O.S. MinistriesJuly 2015 –  May 2017 (1 year 11 months)| Clearwater, FL

Did the Dullards live in Clearwater for a couple years? Did anyone else know this? Or was he a remote worker or something?

I would not be surprised if Deredick had a hard time working with women especially women supervisors. Jill and JB probably told him more than once to watch out for female hussies who may be out to take him away from Jill. I do seriously doubt any of his female co-workers would find him attractive enough to try to steal him away from Jill. I would not be surprised if they laugh behind his back because of Cling as the Day is Long Jill. I have worked with men who had wives or girlfriends like Jill and believe me we did roll our eyes, laughed and felt bad for the guy.