Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, rainclouds said:

It looks like our Dewreck will be applying to law school.  I used one imagine becuase my phone is being annoying but he is following countless law schools and programs.

18412825-9361-4390-BA67-5735091C5626.png

Is plan B (or C or D or E) for him to become a professional student?  What a wonderful provider Derrick is. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Is plan B (or C or D or E) for him to become a professional student?  What a wonderful provider Derrick is. 

I certainly can't imagine him as a lawyer. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I don't see how he could go to law school without going into debt. No way he could grift enough to pay for it and he doesn't have the star power for a school to partially comp tuition in exchange for publicity....not that most would need it. 

I think he is looking at law school as a stepping stone to a career in politics and I hope I am wrong. Though it would chap Jim Bob's ass if Derick was elected to a higher office than state senator.

University of Arkansas at Little Rock is one of the most affordable law schools according to studentloanhero.com. Still the average student loan debt is over 65k and the average early career income,is just over 57k. 

Edited by Triple P
Add tuition info
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I don't see how he could go to law school without going into debt. No way he could grift enough to pay for it and he doesn't have the star power for a school to partially comp tuition in exchange for publicity....not that most would need it. 

I think he is looking at law school as a stepping stone to a career in politics and I hope I am wrong. Though it would chap Jim Bob's ass if Derick was elected to a higher office than state senator.

University of Arkansas at Little Rock is one of the most affordable law schools according to studentloanhero.com. Still the average student loan debt is over 65k and the average early career income,is just over 57k. 

Oh God no! Not politics!!! 

• Love 7

I don’t know when he started following these law sites.  It could have been a while ago that he planned on going. If it’s recent, then keep dreaming. I don’t know what his undergrad GPA is but most law schools require 3.0 or more. Plus passing the LSAT. And that’s before all the actual school. Plus cost. No way in hell can they afford it without loans. Nothing wrong with student loans, I had to use them, but they are all about no debt.

Or hes he’s just following them to figure out ways to sue the meanie liberals that tweet him.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I can see him trying to get into politics, but I can't see him actually getting elected.  Even without factoring in his notoriety, his career trajectory has been way to aimless and inconsistent.  First he was a missionary, then an accountant, then a missionary again, then he went back to school for a ministry degree, and then law school.  All the while getting married and barely being able to afford 2 kids.  He would get eaten alive by an opponent. 

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

How in the world will Jilly manage to come with him to class, study groups, etc.  That will be fun to watch.

And wth two kids and counting.

• Love 8
(edited)
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

How in the world will Jilly manage to come with him to class, study groups, etc.  That will be fun to watch.

And will the kids come too? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Another thing to consider: he could get into law school, and graduate. But then to be admited as a lawyer to the bar, he would need to pass the bar 

and an ethics evaluation. There are lots of people who go to law school, rack up debt, and then never pass either one. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Iraqi feast at the Mosque during Ramadan

May 23, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 0 

We always love fellowshipping with our international friends. A couple nights ago, one of my Iraqi friends invited our family to the local Mosque for an Iraqi feast during Ramadan. While Derick was with his friends (men and women have separate sections in the mosque), I hung out with my friends. Here is a little video clip.

Does your religion have certain traditions or celebrations?

Do you like trying food from other countries? What are some of your favorites?

17 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

OK, so I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I LIKE that Jill questions her followers about things "your religion" has (i.e., traditions, celebrations, food, etc.). On the surface, it sounds like she is reaching out to her followers and encouraging them to share about their cultures. 

On the other hand, given how she comes from a family that thinks their religion is the best and only way, this could be an information gathering tactic to learn about other religions in order to be more persuasive to them to convert them to their brand of Christianity. 

I'm still reeling in dismay that Jill has taught her friend to say "yay!"

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What law school would even admit him? Not one with a decent reputation.

There’s a lot of tier 2 law schools that would take Derick.  They aren’t going to be as focused on his social reputation as one might think.  As long as he had the grades in college and has decent LSATs, someone will accept him.

Sitting for the bar will be harder, but not impossible.  I’ve seen people with DUI’s in their past pass the ethics part of the bar as long as they are contrite enough.  If Derick locks down his Twitter and keeps out of the media for a few years, he won’t have a problem passing if he met the other qualifications.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What law school would even admit him? Not one with a decent reputation.

One that wants his tuition money. 

Seriously getting into law school is eaiser than finishing said law school or passing the bar or the ethics portion.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see him trying to get into politics, but I can't see him actually getting elected.  Even without factoring in his notoriety, his career trajectory has been way to aimless and inconsistent.  First he was a missionary, then an accountant, then a missionary again, then he went back to school for a ministry degree, and then law school.  All the while getting married and barely being able to afford 2 kids.  He would get eaten alive by an opponent. 

You're severely overestimating evangelical Christians. He could win a small, local election to start, easily.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

You're severely overestimating evangelical Christians. He could win a small, local election to start, easily.

God help us all! The thought of him winning an election makes me sick.

What came first, the need to have your own Headship, or the need to eat disgusting gloppy cream soup casseroles from 1965?  Don't these folks know nutrition has been updated since the Protestant Reformation?? 

• Love 12
(edited)
21 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Luckily, probably not.  Yes the evangelical Christian base is strong, but so is the career politician.  So many people realize that the small school board, city council roles are good stepping stones to the big positions further in life.  That’s why so little change is actually seen at those levels.  Derick hasn’t kept up his schmoozing.  Jim Bob has little political capital left his senate run and Josh.  Derick would have to start from the bottom.  Those usually aren’t successful races.

I think it took JD two or three elections for his sheriff position.  Austin recently lost a different sheriff position, I believe, before he married Joy.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I can still see his tweets. I assume I would be able to comment, have never done that. What is different with it locked, no option in a drop down to copy link directly to a tweet. Screenshots are still an option, so he can’t actually “hide”. I never “followed” him but I guess once you go to the page enough, Twitter considers that a follow?  No clue.

If you can still see his Tweets, then you must have followed him at one time and just don't remember doing that.  If you want to continue seeing his Tweets, don't ever comment and he won't ban you.  I hope you continue to monitor his Tweets and post screen shots here!

That said, Derick is furious about being caught in so many lies this week about the birth plans for the delivery of his two sons.  So what does he do?  This certifiable idiot locks his account and then posts a proverb about giving honest answers, as if that is what he does!

Counting On 2.png

• Love 4
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And Jill continues.....

Walker Creamy Burritos

May 23, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

Oh my goodness! These burritos are SOOOOO yummy and don’t require many ingredients! They’re perfect for church potlucks or get togethers since you can make them ahead of time and just throw them in the oven. This recipe comes from our friends, the Walker family (hence the name). Prepare to be delighted!

Makes one 9×13″ pan

Sauce:

3 cans cream of mushroom soup

1/2 C sour cream

1 1/4 C milk (or heavy whipping cream)

Burritos:

12 (8 inch) flour tortillas

2 lbs ground turkey

1/4 cup taco seasoning

1 (16 oz.) can refried beans

Topping:

1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9×13″ pan. Mix together soup, sour cream and milk. Pour one cup of sauce in bottom of pan. Brown ground turkey. Drain. Add taco seasoning with 2/3 cup water and simmer 10-15 min. (or until most of liquid is gone). Mix cooked meat with refried beans. Portion about 1/2 cup scoops of filling onto tortillas. Fold tortillas “burrito style” and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce over top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 5-10 min.

CF144ADE-A8BE-455E-A52C-8E92DA55DA86.jpeg

Slow Cooker “Baked” Potatoes

May 23, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

Baked potatoes are delicious, but sometimes you’d rather throw them in the slow cooker and not have to worry about them while you’re gone.

10 or so small/medium potatoes

olive oil (if desired)

garlic salt (if desired)

Scrub and rinse potatoes. Poke several times with fork. Rub outside of potato with olive oil (or leave plain) and sprinkle with garlic salt (optional). Wrap in aluminum foil. “Bake” in slow cooker for 8 hrs on low or 5 hrs on high (or until tender…depends on the size of your potatoes!).

D4AE9FA1-19FB-433D-B5D5-8CC74819ACC4.jpeg

That burrito recipe (it pains me to write recipe in relation to that) is an abomination and she has crossed a line that cannot be uncrossed!  FFS!  That is some sort of casserole.  There is nothing that says BURRITO except the tortillas and beans.  Stick with what you know Jill.   

By including a baked potato recipe she is assuming her leghumpers are as challenged as she is.  Mkay.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Preach.  I have a great BBQ sauce recipe that makes a ton, and it calls for about a 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke. And, I cut that back after I made it the first time!  A whole jar is a ridiculous amount. 

I just had a theory just pop into my head.  Whoever originally wrote that recipe that has liquid smoke in it wrote it incorrectly so anyone that steals it and claims it as their own ends up offering a horribly wrong and bad recipe.  I am sure Jilly never made that freaking brisket.  Does she even know that cut of beef exists?  

• Love 8

I doubt that Derrick will score very high on the LSAT. That is the score that matters when applying to law school. Been there, done that.  

He may possibly be admitted to an unaccredited law school, though! 

(My law school was accredited, by the way.) 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, rainclouds said:

It looks like our Dewreck will be applying to law school.  I used one imagine becuase my phone is being annoying but he is following countless law schools and programs.

18412825-9361-4390-BA67-5735091C5626.png

So he wants to be the new Aaron Schlossberg?

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That burrito recipe (it pains me to write recipe in relation to that) is an abomination and she has crossed a line that cannot be uncrossed!  FFS!  That is some sort of casserole.  There is nothing that says BURRITO except the tortillas and beans.  Stick with what you know Jill.   

By including a baked potato recipe she is assuming her leghumpers are as challenged as she is.  Mkay.

I thought it was an enchilada recipe because that is what it kind of looked like. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought it was an enchilada recipe because that is what it kind of looked like. 

Yeah she calls them Walkers Creamy Burritos.  It would also be a horrible recipe for enchiladas.  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

That bastardized enchilada recipe sounds really foul. A fake Suiza type sauce with mashed beans and ground meat with salty taco seasoning?  Canned soup and sour cream and heavy cream?  It almost outdoes that fake fettuccine Alfredo she posted for the top contender of “heart attack on a plate”. I can’t even imagine those flavors together. Even her cooking is a mess!

I don't understand is why she just doesnt use a couple of big cans of enchilada sauce? Taco meat & beans inside the tortilla shells, one can of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, one can on top of the enchiladas, cover with cheese and bake. Less work & tastes like enchiladas. 

• Love 5

I am sure Jilly never made that freaking brisket.  Does she even know that cut of beef exists?  

This is all a ruse to trick Jews into trying to make Liquid Smoke-overloaded brisket for Shabbat...........

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Oh look, shit in a dish. Yay!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I doubt that Derrick will score very high on the LSAT. That is the score that matters when applying to law school. Been there, done that.  

He may possibly be admitted to an unaccredited law school, though! 

(My law school was accredited, by the way.) 

Wow, they actually have unaccredited law schools? Where do those people go to work when they finish? 

I can't see Derick going to law school. He couldn't even last one year as an entry-level accountant at Walmart. I think the workload would be too intense and we all know how Derick feels about work....

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't understand is why she just doesnt use a couple of big cans of enchilada sauce? Taco meat & beans inside the tortilla shells, one can of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, one can on top of the enchiladas, cover with cheese and bake. Less work & tastes like enchiladas. 

That's what I do for enchiladas. I don't think casserole when I think of burritos. 

• Love 1
On May 23, 2018 at 9:26 AM, beagletime said:

Pick up pizzas?  I'm in church (United Methodist) just about every Sunday, and we never get pizza.  Doesn't Jesus love us?  Pizza communion may get more backsides in our pews.

I just had an image pop into my mind of instead of a typical white communion wafer a pepperoni was used.  :-)

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I just had an image pop into my mind of instead of a typical white communion wafer a pepperoni was used.  :-)

I was one of those weird kids who loved the taste of Communion wafers. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I was one of those weird kids who loved the taste of Communion wafers. 

You just made me flash back to Saturday Night Fever where Travolta's friend tells his brother/priest that his girlfriend is so religious that she loves the taste of communion wafers.  I always found that so weird. Didn't end well for him either.  

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

This is all a ruse to trick Jews into trying to make Liquid Smoke-overloaded brisket for Shabbat...........

Okay seriously I never heard of Liquid-smoke until like a week ago when someone posted a recipe for coconut bacon. I thought it was someone here, but maybe not. And this coconut-vegan-bacon-substitute would also be Kosher. 

I'm surprised so many people like the taste of communion wafers. We used to have gluten-free wafers, and those may be the last ones I had. 

Edited by Temperance
5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I'm surprised so many people like the taste of communion wafers. We used to have gluten-free wafers, and those may be the last ones I had. 

I had to remember - it's been over 30 years since I had a communion wafer - and while I didn't mind the regular ones the whole wheat ones and I had issues - later we discovered I had a gluten sensitivity.  So I was wondering if they made gluten-free ones today.  Glad to see they did.

45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, they actually have unaccredited law schools? Where do those people go to work when they finish? 

I can't see Derick going to law school. He couldn't even last one year as an entry-level accountant at Walmart. I think the workload would be too intense and we all know how Derick feels about work....

Excellent point. My only point of reference is my best friend’s husband. He had perfect SAT scores, got a full ride to a top tier university. He had a double major and then graduated with a dual degree of JD and a Master’s in a different field.  .......and after all of that, his law career has been difficult. He is on his fourth firm in 10 years. He keeps getting in trouble for not working enough billable hours and expecting to work 8-5. There also seems to be an issue that he needs more mentoring than the lawyers at these various firms have been able to provide. So here is a guy who is smart, knew how to work hard with academics at least, and is absolutely struggling with the work load of an attorney. 

• Love 12
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Now she's a gardening expert. I refuse to give the blog hits. Can someone please take one for the team?

Too many pics and videos, so just a few:

So…this year we decided to plant a garden since our place has a little raised bed. We got some tips from my expert gardener sister (Jana) and got to work. Our little family has never done this before, so we certainly aren’t experts! We just thought we’d share some fun pictures and videos of our little project and hopefully we’ll actually get a little produce this year! 

Video :

Video:

Video:

Video:

17D06981-D820-4EC1-B4A7-69EEBD09B503.jpeg

EB5384AE-31C8-4AE7-9983-3C8A26FD7A00.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

Haven't watched the videos yet - will need beer first, but isn't Derilick out of "school"' in June?  And the house is with the school, soooooo, they are putting in a garden for the next folks to use????

• Love 5