Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I’m so conflicted typing this because it feels wrong but here goes. If Cathy only thinks that God heals, then why did she even consult doctors when she got sick?

I think I need a special type of Prayer Coset now...for a good long visit

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, OneMoreStop said:

I’m so conflicted typing this because it feels wrong but here goes. If Cathy only thinks that God heals, then why did she even consult doctors when she got sick?

I think I need a special type of Prayer Coset now...for a good long visit

That's my question. 

Does cathy wear a seatbelt?

• Love 7

@GeeGolly,    i just c/p a sentence from your above post, giving you f/b credit. i thought it was worth sharing with the world and hope you dont mind...

'Words are powerful and when mixed with arrogance words can be down right mean. '

• Love 9
On 2/3/2018 at 5:08 PM, EVS said:

Someone he keeps blocking who keeps coming back using different names or accounts.

I thought it was a sled cat parody account!

Does cathy wear a seatbelt?

Her passive/aggressive response:

tl2rx.jpg

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I hate people like Cathy and anybody else who says their "god" healed them. When there are thousands of innocent, beautiful children who die of cancer, starvation and other horrible diseases EVERY SINGLE DAY, what nerve this bitch has to say something like that.  Those children are one of the 758256 reasons why I'm an atheist.  Who the hell does she think she is to think she's so much more special and deserving then those children?! Arrogant asshole.    Don't even get me started on giving credit to a man in the sky instead of the educated people who did the actual healing. 

Sorry. One of my major pet peeves.  I think this thread is bad for my blood pressure. 

It's one of my major pet peeves, too, @Maharincess.  In fact, "Christians" like Ms. Cathy (and Derrick & the Duggars) are the main things that turn me off from Christianity/religion in general.   

How did Derrick's dad die, everyone? I cannot remember.  Was it something Jesus could have healed him from but he just didn't pray enough or have enough faith? You'd think someone who lost their spouse/father of their kids might have a little humilty when it comes to Jesus saving lives and all....

• Love 10

heart attacks and suicide are two of the leading deaths for law enforcement personnel. She goes on and on about her husband being in heaven and finding God before he died, but no mention of him trying to help others in his line of work or the fact his work could have lead to his heart attack. When my husband almost died due to his kidneys shutting down, my last concern was about him finding God and going to heaven. I was more concern about him getting better, and his medical team knowing what to do to help him heal physically and emotionally. I admit I do get on my soapbox about kidney disease and organ donating (you may have notice,) but at least I am not trying to shove my religious beliefs down people's throats or using my husband's medical condition to promote any possible prejudices and hatred towards certain others. I often wonder how Derick's father feels about how his memory is being used to promote prejudice and hatred towards others, or Cathy hiding behind God and heaven instead of talking about the work her own husband did to help others.

Edited by bigskygirl
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

My father passed away from cancer at 67 years old. He was an Italian man who lived in Italy during WWII, with nothing to eat, a bombed out country, etc. He was the eldest of 7 children who made the bread in the morning before going to school for his mother, pre-war. He had a hard life running from the Nazis when they stormed through Italy 'recruiting' soldiers who were as young as 15 years old. He had a hard life. After marrying my mother and coming to the U.S., he continued to work hard arriving with only a dime in his pocket getting off the boat in NY. He worked for absolutely everything he had and held a belief and faith in God. Why didn't God heal him, Cathy? He suffered for 4 years with cancer before he withered away and left this world right before my eyes.

We all have to make peace with what goes down. Like posted earlier, I believe it simply wasn't Cathy's time to go. I read no soft heart from her for those who didn't survive or for the loved ones they left behind all too soon.

I am in awe of your father - I can't imagine arriving in another country with nothing to his name but courage and determination.   He had things happen in his life that today's pampered children couldn't even begin to imagine.  He sounds amazing and I am truly sorry for your loss.

• Love 23
21 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

It's one of my major pet peeves, too, @Maharincess.  In fact, "Christians" like Ms. Cathy (and Derrick & the Duggars) are the main things that turn me off from Christianity/religion in general.   

How did Derrick's dad die, everyone? I cannot remember.  Was it something Jesus could have healed him from but he just didn't pray enough or have enough faith? You'd think someone who lost their spouse/father of their kids might have a little humilty when it comes to Jesus saving lives and all....

It's exhausting trying to follow the "logic." When someone gets sick, that's because of "Satan," but when they get better, it's because of "Jesus." Unless, of course, they die, then "God called them home."

Praying is, of course, the only way to be healed, but you should definitely go to the doctor if you're sick, because . . .

I don't like to be snide or dismissive of something that gives people hope and comfort when they, or a loved one, are ill, but Cathy is a sanctimonious POS. 

• Love 24
22 minutes ago, Aja said:

I think we just need to stop thinking of Derick and Cathy (and the rest of them) as Christians. They aren't Christian. By definition. I don't care what they call themselves.   I get it, though. Claiming to be Christian is the only way they'd ever be able to get away with most of the shit they do--the grifting, the child abuse, the judgement, the willfully trying to pass laws to oppress people that have done FUCK ALL to them, trying to run over cats with sleds, all of it. They don't pay any attention to the standards of character and conduct that Jesus Christ preached; they enthusiastically and hungrily engage in just about every single sin the Bible derides--lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride are their freaking TRADEMARKS. Forget Christian. I don't know what the hell you could label them, but Christian isn't it. It's some sort of weird hybrid of alt-right greedy buttboys (finally, a legit way to steal money, rape children and beat women! Just tell everybody it's for Jesus!) and a reverence for wanton ignorance and hate because it appeals to the basest nature in all humans. Fear of the unknown/different + intellectual laziness=fundies. Cathy doesn't give two fucks about Jesus Christ or anything he said--all you have to do is read her tweets, which defy the teachings of Jesus Christ in a million ways with every single one. Cathy is just using the deity that our society has deemed acceptable--the way TONS of people in this country do--to hide behind her own hostility, fear, hate, anger and APPALLING levels of stupidity and ignorance. I guarantee Cathy's touching and superior religious devotion would be to Teflonos, the Myposian God of Protection if that was the national trend and it protected her from wrath or even legal action for choosing to be the kind of person she is. She doesn't give a shit about Jesus.

PS To everyone sharing their stories of loss, of survival, of power and strength--thank you. I have tears in my eyes reading all of them. I don't care what you call yourselves either--if Jesus is an actual thing, everything else being equal, I guarantee he loves you all WAY more than Cathy.

I love your post.  I totally agree, and thank you for stating your thoughts more eloquently than I ever could.

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I love your post.  I totally agree, and thank you for stating your thoughts more eloquently than I ever could.

Aja,when you come out of lurking, you just rock!  There are many people who humbly and quietly do God’s work without tweeting to everyone about it.  They give love and kindness to everyone regardless of race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, regardless of where they worship. They also respect the choice of people to believe or not without judgment. It could be as simple as a smile, a kind word or gesture, or a hug.

Those are type of Christians that even the most avowed atheist or skeptic respect over the likes of Endora or Derweed. If others come to me and ask about my faith,  then I will share. Otherwise, I just shut my pie hole. 

A coworker barged in my office after hearing my other coworker talk about being a skeptic and started ripping her to shreds. I immediately leaped to her defense, stating that she was exercising her right to believe as she chooses. He got all sanctimonious, so I said. You, too, are entitled to your beliefs, but by being so judgmental, I’m sure you’ve put her off even more. Crickets.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 22
50 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Yes I am saying this-at least Cathy set up scholarships in her late husband's name. She still is a major pill, and I cannot stand her or Derick, but at least she did something to honor her husband.

Honestly, I think she just likes drawing attention to the fact that she was widowed.

Why didn't God clear Rick's arteries?

To show mercy and get him out of the toxic soup his family had become?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Aja said:

I think we just need to stop thinking of Derick and Cathy (and the rest of them) as Christians. They aren't Christian. By definition. I don't care what they call themselves.   I get it, though. Claiming to be Christian is the only way they'd ever be able to get away with most of the shit they do--the grifting, the child abuse, the judgement, the willfully trying to pass laws to oppress people that have done FUCK ALL to them, trying to run over cats with sleds, all of it. They don't pay any attention to the standards of character and conduct that Jesus Christ preached; they enthusiastically and hungrily engage in just about every single sin the Bible derides--lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride are their freaking TRADEMARKS. Forget Christian. I don't know what the hell you could label them, but Christian isn't it. It's some sort of weird hybrid of alt-right greedy buttboys (finally, a legit way to steal money, rape children and beat women! Just tell everybody it's for Jesus!) and a reverence for wanton ignorance and hate because it appeals to the basest nature in all humans. Fear of the unknown/different + intellectual laziness=fundies. Cathy doesn't give two fucks about Jesus Christ or anything he said--all you have to do is read her tweets, which defy the teachings of Jesus Christ in a million ways with every single one. Cathy is just using the deity that our society has deemed acceptable--the way TONS of people in this country do--to hide behind her own hostility, fear, hate, anger and APPALLING levels of stupidity and ignorance. I guarantee Cathy's touching and superior religious devotion would be to Teflonos, the Myposian God of Protection if that was the national trend and it protected her from wrath or even legal action for choosing to be the kind of person she is. She doesn't give a shit about Jesus.

PS To everyone sharing their stories of loss, of survival, of power and strength--thank you. I have tears in my eyes reading all of them. I don't care what you call yourselves either--if Jesus is an actual thing, everything else being equal, I guarantee he loves you all WAY more than Cathy.

A thousand likes. As a former Christian, I am livid that they use the name of god to justify their hateful lives. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

JFC. Why would some alleged god even give a shit about some inconsequential sports game in a country he never mentioned?

WOW.  Hard to believe this simpleton is for real and sometimes I wonder if he is just messing with those who pay any attention to him. How in the hell can one reach adulthood, be around others at least enough to obtain a college degree and still have an attitude like this? Talk about walking around with blinders on...      As much as I snark on the Duggar clan, I actually hate this dick.

Edited by whydoiwatch
  • Love 20

This may fall under the ole not popular opinion and I am in the minority category, but I would take someone who puts their lives on the line aka law enforcement, other emergency personnel and soldiers over football players. I may not agree with their way of making a statement, but they do have the right to state it as long as they are not hurting others.

Now back to Derick, Cathy, and Jill. I would want to know what they have done to help their fellow man or fellow women. I do not mean attacking others for not agreeing with you, judging others while sitting on your holier than thou lazy obnoxious behinds, sprouting your crap on social media, and making broad statements about people and their rights which you obviously have no clue about, or hiding behind the bible and God to state your hatred and prejudices. Lets see Derick put on a uniform to serve and protect or fight in another country (and no I am not taking about the Duggar version of Barney Fife aka Constable JD.) I mean how many law enforcement officers like his late dad went out to protect protesters and others while risking  his life.. Take a page from your dad Derick and become a real man instead of building up more hatred in your heart and soul.

4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

JFC. Why would some alleged god even give a shit about some inconsequential sports game in a country he never mentioned?

Because, as every football watcher knows, God is responsible for each and every victory!

PS I am not a football fan and do not actually think God cares a fig about which team wins!

• Love 15

Which goes to prove people have the right to like or dislike our government leaders. I am sure God is sitting some where thinking oh no those naughty football players do not want to meet the president, and I will make sure they go on naughty list and not make it to heaven. I personally could care less because I think we have bigger problems in our country.

In the case of Derick, ignorance is blissful, so Derick is probably one of the most blissful people in the whole wide universe. Instead of focusing on this, why not go out and get a job to support his family instead of being the king of twitter trying to get the rest of us to agree with your hatred, ignorance and prejudices.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Well, thank the Lord, no one was kneeling, lol.

What if a player knelt during the anthem because he wanted to pray? God before country, right? 

That would probably make Derick’s head explode.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

FPU stands for Financial Peace University.  It's a course taught by Dave Ramsey about investing money.  Why was Derick interested in this while working as a tour guide in Nepal?  Because money interests him more than ministry.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

So is he admitting he hasn't managed the grifted funds well?   Does he have credit card debt?  How does one get credit cards with no verifiable source of income for the last few years?   I don't remember Capital One having a line for "grifted income" on the application.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 6

Well hit me over the head with some common sense @Aja! Just because they claim to be Christians doesn't make it so!

All this time I've been offended with their hypocrisy when really they're not hypocrites at all. They're just mean and arrogant fools who hide behind thinly veiled lies.

Hey Cathy and Derick, Aja's not the only one onto you. God is too.

• Love 14

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around how the Dillards have any debt? In addition to having no income other than donations, I seriously doubt that either Derick's mom or Jill's parents haven't covered any expenses that could have put them into debt.

• Love 1

I agree that it’s difficult to imagine how they could have built up much debt, but I could definitely see them signing up for the seminar either a) because everyone else at the church is doing it, or b) to humble-brag about their existing lack of debt to the other participants. 

• Love 17

I would lay a bet that this course is part of Derelict's "school" training. He did admit it's through the church. I'm sure his tuition covered his course fees, but maybe paying for Jill out of pocket is straining their finances? Have they already blown through all of Jill's TLC money, not to mention People covers, etc? 

• Love 3
Just now, jennblevins said:

I agree that it’s difficult to imagine how they could have built up much debt, but I could definitely see them signing up for the seminar either a) because everyone else at the church is doing it, or b) to humble-brag about their existing lack of debt to the other participants. 

That makes sense!

I am wondering now if Derick had student loans for college. I guess he could have some debt for that. We know Jill doesn't. ;) 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict got through school on scholarships. No debt. 

Do you have a citation for this?  He wasn't an overachiever in highschool.  How did he get a scholarship to an out-of-state college?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict got through school on scholarships. No debt. 

Okay that makes sense. It sounds like @jennblevins is probably on the right track with them doing it because everyone else on staff is. I'm cracking up thinking about their contributions to the class discussions.

8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Do you have a citation for this?  He wasn't an overachiever in highschool.  How did he get a scholarship to an out-of-state college?

From the horse's mouth a few  years ago. I can't remember which medium I saw/read it. But that's his claim. It might have come out in his conversation with Boob about being debt-free when he asked to marry Jill. Sorry, it's been several years.