Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I'm thinking she would have told Derick to suck it up, buttercup if reporting  to a woman bothered him. Honestly, that sounds like JB and Gothardism. Sure, Derick and Cathy both think that gay marriage is wrong, there should be a war on transgender, humans coexisted with dinosaurs, etc, but many people quietly believe those things and have normal work lives! That's what I'm assuming Cathy has done for the last 30 years, or she never would have reached an executive level. 

.......except at Maybe Hobby Lobby.  Better known to me and a group of my friends as Chicken Lobby! It’s like chickens were everywhere there at one point. After they started showing their asses about birth control and I learned how odious Steve Green is, I refused to shop there anymore. Garden Ridge Pottery became known to us as Chicken Ridge and their disturbing collection of what we christened “Loo Gnomes” (those cartoonish low altitude toilet paper holders).They since changed names as well.

• Love 3
On 1/7/2018 at 1:52 PM, Christina87 said:

Me too. I had two roommates like this in college that did everything together and couldn't function separately. We were all in choir together, and it got to the point that everyone in choir was saying, "why are they ALWAYS together?" One would say, "I need to go to the music building," and the other would whine, "but I don't WAAAANT to go to the music building!" They never even considered doing anything separately!

My niece was engaged last year at 20. She has been dating her guy since 15. I'm not happy at all about the whole thing. She is clingy as hell and has no experience dating anyone else. They do everything together. Her mom thinks it's cute! UGH I say you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you get married not the first frog you see. 

My niece is very immature too. I don't like the boy. He sees MONEY in the whole situation. She can do better if she just waits.

Just like Jill if she was allowed to have a normal upbringing she could have chosen her own man and become more mature in the process. Jill will always be a clinger as my niece. UGH I can't even!

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I wonder if Derick would have had any chance of being a normal employee if he hadn't married Jill. I wonder how extreme his beliefs on modesty, etc were beforehand. I've always thought that Cathy, though she defends the crazy now, was decently worldly, and I wonder how things would have been different if she was his support system instead of Jilly and Boob. I wonder if he would have cared about being defrauded by the women, and if he had, if Cathy would have just said, "don't look at whatever's bothering you and keep it to yourself." She's been in the working world for decades, so she has to have some common sense, especially about womens' issues. I'm thinking she would have told Derick to suck it up, buttercup if reporting  to a woman bothered him. Honestly, that sounds like JB and Gothardism. Sure, Derick and Cathy both think that gay marriage is wrong, there should be a war on transgender, humans coexisted with dinosaurs, etc, but many people quietly believe those things and have normal work lives! That's what I'm assuming Cathy has done for the last 30 years, or she never would have reached an executive level. 

That's been the primary thing that makes me think this former coworker "source" is full of it, and/or the magazine just made it up because "who could put anything sanctimonious or ridiculous beyond those stick-up-your-ass Christians?".  Plus, I feel pretty sure plenty of girls go around OSU in the likes of miniskirts, short shorts, and tube/boob tops.  

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, queenanne said:

That's been the primary thing that makes me think this former coworker "source" is full of it, and/or the magazine just made it up because "who could put anything sanctimonious or ridiculous beyond those stick-up-your-ass Christians?".  Plus, I feel pretty sure plenty of girls go around OSU in the likes of miniskirts, short shorts, and tube/boob tops.  

I think it was Jill Cling A Long and JB who put the idea in his head about his fellow female coworkers defrauding him right and left. I also think Jilly and JB had something to do with him either getting fired or leaving Wal Mart because *gasp* Jill could not spend five minutes without him glued to her side, and JB did not want him working for someone else aka less control he can have over his first son-in-law. This is my opinion, and I stand by it.

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

@Celia Rubenstein, my queen! I bow to you. That post was a thing of beauty.  

It was @GeeGolly's post that inspired me to finally rip Drek a new one. She is my muse! 

We are still set to wed, remember. No date has been set yet. She is still looking for enough fabric to make the modesty panels for her 329 bridesmaidseses dresses... 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She is still looking for enough fabric to make the modesty panels for her 329 bridesmaidseses dresses... 

I might have some pink taffeta lying around if you need it, but I'm afraid it may only be enough for 328 dresses. Also, should you desire a little embellishment I can send you my rhinestone bejeweling kit.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It was @GeeGolly's post that inspired me to finally rip Drek a new one. She is my muse! 

We are still set to wed, remember. No date has been set yet. She is still looking for enough fabric to make the modesty panels for her 329 bridesmaidseses dresses... 

@Celia Rubenstein, of course my praise of you wasn’t meant to defraud you from your betrothed @GeeGolly.  I wouldn’t dream of doing such a thing. ?

Is there enough fabric for our modesty panels? Perhaps use complimentary colors from the same color family? Is there any such thing as being “too modest”? We already know GeeGolly to be a woman of great virtue, and we will wear our bridesmaids dresses with pride. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

@Celia Rubenstein, of course my praise of you wasn’t meant to defraud you from your betrothed @GeeGolly.  I wouldn’t dream of doing such a thing. ?

Is there enough fabric for our modesty panels? Perhaps use complimentary colors from the same color family? Is there any such thing as being “too modest”? We already know GeeGolly to be a woman of great virtue, and we will wear our bridesmaids dresses with pride. 

With our brown sandals. I wear size 11 please 

• Love 8

I have a routine with these boards.  Every day I check:

*Dillard Level of Lunacy* 

Derick thinks he is so wise and he is such a servant of Christ with his social media presence.  Newsflash.  You're a joke and  people follow you just to see what you will do next.   

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

I have a routine with these boards.  Every day I check:

*Dillard Level of Lunacy* 

Derick thinks he is so wise and he is such a servant of Christ with his social media presence.  Newsflash.  You're a joke and  people follow you just to see what you will do next.   

True. Except for the ones who follow him because they think he's an admirable celeb and his stuff is right on the money. And they all have those. Those ones worry me. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

True. Except for the ones who follow him because they think he's an admirable celeb and his stuff is right on the money. And they all have those. Those ones worry me. 

People will follow ANYONE it seems.  Even Picasso-faced Grubby Jesus has rabid leg jumper fans.  If he was my neighbor, I’d be singing that line from Pink Floyd’s “Brain Damage”— “the lunatic is on the grass” when he stepped out to get his mail.

• Love 6

Derick deleted the post where he tells people to watch Counting On on TLCme. The one where someone made him look like a fool, reminding him that you can also watch I Am Jazz on there too.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

An actual interesting exchange

https://mobile.twitter.com/derickmdillard/status/951078196136595456?p=v

Of course this one is just Derick being Derick:

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard

“Idle hands make one poor, but diligent hands bring riches.” (Proverbs 10:4)

5:04 AM - 10 Jan 2018

Derick's so dimwitted, he can't realize these things about himself...unless he counts rubbing Jill's feet as "diligent hands."

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

Derick's so dimwitted, he can't realize these things about himself...unless he counts rubbing Jill's feet as "diligent hands."

Ha! You stole my thunder. LOL

i imagine his hands have also been diligent south of his belt buckle. (Trudges off to Prayer Closet)....

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Ha! You stole my thunder. LOL

i imagine his hands have also been diligent south of his belt buckle. (Trudges off to Prayer Closet)....

That might explain the sideways grin he always has.

• Love 4

"Dillard Level of Lunacy" would make a swell post count title if this board was so inclined to do such things. But I think you'd need a pretty high post count to achieve such levels of lunacy. Kind of like an OTVIII in Scientology when you finally get to meet Xenu. 

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

"Dillard Level of Lunacy" would make a swell post count title if this board was so inclined to do such things. But I think you'd need a pretty high post count to achieve such levels of lunacy. Kind of like an OTVIII in Scientology when you finally get to meet Xenu. 

Sssssssssh! You’re not allowed to talk about Xenu!  Does he live near Xanadu?

The Dillard Level of Lunacy could be color coded like MARPOL or DHS.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Has to be a Christian school. I can't see a public school allowing this unless there's something like Young Life or another Christian kind of club. 

Yup, it was a Christian school. She spoke to a group of 7th graders.

• Love 5

What do 7th graders need to know about Christ-centered relationships, other than with their friends and family? Certainly not BOYS!!!!!!! And it looks like they were bribed with food, water, and Gatorade. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Those kids look bored and Jill looks like she's taking fashion advice from Denise on the Cosby Show.

She's wearing her pants. (Singular, I suspect it may be her only pair, but still.) I give her credit for that.

• Love 21
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

I bet she said "like" like 100x

I like this outfit for Jill- I would’ve chosen a more saturated shade of pink so her face didn’t look washed out, and It’s probably wrinkled from sitting but she tried!!

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

She's wearing her pants. (Singular, I suspect it may be her only pair, but still.) I give her credit for that.

She's trying to blend in with the students, because they need to be Kewl Kristians to spread the word among all those sinning bound for hell young people.  

• Love 13

My beautiful wife speaking to a group of young ladies at a school today about God-centered relationships! So proud of her! 

The chick in the yellow plaid with the bagel slays me. She's like, "Yeah, yeah, purity and all that, but I need a nosh!"

Jill is not wearing jeans she's wearing either leggings or jeggings.  All fine and good but man, to go from needing to wear a long skirt to LEGGINGS is a big ole' leap in defraudment!

• Love 9

FWIW, I sign a form at the beginning of the year releasing my kids image for the school to use. It basically covers pictures taken during school activities and posted on the school Facebook page. I can always choose to not allow and I doubt Derrick knows about any of that. But I'm guessing many parents sign those forms nowadays. It doesn't mean it covers Derrick posting it, but there may have been release form from the school.

• Love 6

That's interesting, frenchtoast. I don't remember doing that for my daughter but it's been years and times change. 

But ginger90 makes a good point about who took the picture.  It looks like a snap Drek (or someone) took from the audience, not a school activity photo taken by the school personnel or the like. And his Twitter account is most definitely not a "school use" type thing. He published it for his own personal (self promotion) purposes.  I doubt any school-generated release form would make that okay. 

• Love 3