Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Pray about a cake..........what freaking world does he live in? 

He's not even a dick, he's a dildo.

Hey now! Dildos make people come. They are pretty great. That's way more than what sad, hateful, pathetic Drift Bag could ever aspire to.

Edited by PinkyCupcake
Forgot a ''what''
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Hey now! Dildos make people come. They are pretty great. That's way more than sad, hateful, pathetic Drift Bag could ever aspire to.

Maybe that’s what Jilly Muffin’s Muffin needs.   Perhaps her new college friends could convimce her to buy one and try it out. I wonder if Boob would make her listen to Jeremy’s sermon on the matter.  I just grossed myself out. I’ll be in the Prayer Closet trying to see the error of my ways.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Preach it!  Dildos serve a useful purpose.  Dwerp, not so much.

They'd look dirty and unkempt next to a homeless person.

Hey now! Some homeless can be stylish! Really though.. They do not look that bad. The skirt isn't my thing. But, they don't look like feral monster people. 

• Love 6

I would be embarrassed dressing like they do after seeing how the rest of his family dresses. I can't even imagine what that household is like or what those two idiots talk about all day. I can't fathom talking about nothing but religion all day. I really feel bad for those kids.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 10

Since getting let go from TLC, Jilly is quite the show off!!  I never saw that side of her personality before.  Jill casually posts her hand with the henna tat on the brown towel.  Numerous shots of the left side of her face until people realized it's a nose piercing.  

So far, Jill has posted how she is rebelling: 

Showing pants (violating Duggar/Gothard dress code)

Showing journal (listening to Christian contemporary music which is not allowed by Duggar/Gothard)

Showing journal using a non KJV Bible translation

Nose piercing (face piercing-pretty sure this is not allowed in Duggar/Gothard world)

Henna Tattoo (just henna but tats are strictly forbidden in Duggar/Gothard  AND it can be a spiritual practice of other religions)

• Love 11

Wow, Jill's handwriting is just like mine!  A weird mix of printing and cursive.  I thought I was the only one who did that.  Darn you, Jill Dillard for infringing upon my specialness!

Hers is neater though!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

1bd0cf44-dc2d-43b2-a9fd-98d32505f07a.thumb.jpg.acc1bc2e4c092a24632d49e2e791416c.jpg

When you're way more stylish than your 26 year old daughter in law. It seriously looks like Jill has been raiding Michelle's closet. 

They look so dirty and unkempt next to Dan and Deena.

This appears to be an attempt at a family portrait. Interesting that Cathy's husband is nowhere around.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Wow, Jill's handwriting is just like mine!  A weird mix of printing and cursive.  I thought I was the only one who did that.  Darn you, Jill Dillard for infringing upon my specialness!

Hers is neater though!

Mine is, too. It used to veery neat but arthritis has sadly diminished my legibility. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

This appears to be an attempt at a family portrait. Interesting that Cathy's husband is nowhere around.

I'm wondering if Cathy & her husband are still together?  Maybe he bailed out when Cathy got uber fundy.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

And no one can be bothered to be holding Sammy. Maybe Cathy's husband is the photographer?

17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Pray about a cake..........what freaking world does he live in? 

He's not even a dick, he's a dildo.

What I don't get is, in a world filled with so much tragedy and pain, is a god so small and petty to give a damn about a cake.   Really, Derick?  This is a great and powerful God you worship?  Take a look behind the curtain. 

• Love 9

@Churchhoney

you are totally right.  Jill is going through adolescence as a 25 year old woman, married and with two children. Unfortunately, she is on social media and doing it all very publicly, which is making people respond to it.  I feel bad that she is so open about something that is clearly so odd/childish for a woman her age and she has no clue that she looks silly.   Jill would do best to stay off the social media and post a nice picture of the kids occasionally. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Hers is neater though!

Ditto.  My cursive is messy to boring compared to my printing, and/but I’m too lazy to lift my hand off the page, haha.

• Love 2

Derick shouldn't we first pray for all the hatred, violence and intolerance in the world.  Then we can pray for all the people who develop diabetes from eating cake--wedding and other types!!

Cathy looks pretty chic in that photo  Derrick has gone full-on Prince Valiant

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 12

I'm not convinced Jill is showing her left hand to show off the henna tattoo, or at least not just the henna tattoo.  All the married girls like to pose to show off that wedding ring on their finger.  Their big accomplishment in life, you know.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Mrs. P. said:

I wonder  if he attended the dedication but didn’t want to be in photo, or didn’t attend. 

3 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

What I don't get is, in a world filled with so much tragedy and pain, is a god so small and petty to give a damn about a cake.   Really, Derick?  This is a great and powerful God you worship?  Take a look behind the curtain. 

In their world, same sex marriage/relationships ARE a tragedy and will/do cause pain. So in his mind he’s doing his part to make the world a better place. To them it’s taking a bold and uncompromising stand against evil. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

And no one can be bothered to be holding Sammy. Maybe Cathy's husband is the photographer?

That is odd, isn't it? I don't like babies, but generally people who are related to them want to hold them, don't they? Especially a grandmother or uncle/aunt? (Too much to hope for the parents here, obviously.)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

There are already some epics. Mine even has 10 likes, and it's an offshoot. My friend Lauren wins with 81 likes (last time I saw) for her awesome tweet. It really puts Derelict in his place.

Is this the Twitter rant regarding Cakegate or another of our Village Idiot’s ramblings? Sorry, I can’t keep up with his idiocy.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There are already some epics. Mine even has 10 likes, and it's an offshoot. My friend Lauren wins with 81 likes (last time I saw) for her awesome tweet. It really puts Derelict in his place.

Ok, I need to make sure I am following you all.  Are you comfortable putting your twitter handle on here??

2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Ok, I need to make sure I am following you all.  Are you comfortable putting your twitter handle on here??

Mine's a nod to QE2's nickname (the whole of which is my very common middle name) with my maiden name. It looks like a legitimate name that in no way resembles my real one. ?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Hers is neater though!

Everyone I know does the mix of cursive and printing.  It's hard not to do it that way I've found. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Mine's a nod to QE2's nickname (the whole of which is my very common middle name) with my maiden name. It looks like a legitimate name that in no way resembles my real one. ?

I am sadly not finding it.  BUMMER!  

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Everyone I know does the mix of cursive and printing.  It's hard not to do it that way I've found. 

Bad day.  Finding out I'm not only not special, I'm common!  LOL!  This won't do.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/derickmdillard/status/938415540632244224?p=v

Use YOUR words, Derick. I know, who wants to hear it, correct? I would rather read what he says in his own words, though. Copy, paste.......

This is Derick following Jim Bob's tradition of reading a chapter a day from the book of Proverbs, the chapter corresponding to the day of the month (as explained in their book, The Duggars: 20 and Counting).  So, on the 6th of December, Derick posted a verse from Proverbs 6.  On December 4th, he tweeted from Proverbs 4; on November 28, he tweeted from Proverbs 28; on November 27th, he tweeted from Proverbs 27, and so on.  Occasionally, he breaks the pattern by posting from a Psalm. 

This is all he knows about the Old Testament.  He should have gone to a real seminary and actually learned something about the Bible.  Instead, he just reads pithy sayings and song lyrics (which is what Psalms are).  Notice that he never quotes anything from the Bible that is attributed to God.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

@Churchhoney

you are totally right.  Jill is going through adolescence as a 25 year old woman, married and with two children. Unfortunately, she is on social media and doing it all very publicly, which is making people respond to it.  I feel bad that she is so open about something that is clearly so odd/childish for a woman her age and she has no clue that she looks silly.   Jill would do best to stay off the social media and post a nice picture of the kids occasionally. 

I've never really thought of it like that, but you're absolutely right. So I have this theory that I came up with in college, that when someone comes out as LGBT, it's like they go through a mini-adolescence again; not physically, but emotionally, because they are reliving all those milestones they didn't get when they were actually kids. So my friends and I joked that we were kind of like awkward middle schoolers at first with dating and such, because we were 19 and it was the first time we were dating and really CARED about who we were dating. But I've seen people go through it at any age. And I think Jill may be struggling with it now. Plus being in Danger America probably stunted this for her further. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I've never really thought of it like that, but you're absolutely right. So I have this theory that I came up with in college, that when someone comes out as LGBT, it's like they go through a mini-adolescence again; not physically, but emotionally, because they are reliving all those milestones they didn't get when they were actually kids. So my friends and I joked that we were kind of like awkward middle schoolers at first with dating and such, because we were 19 and it was the first time we were dating and really CARED about who we were dating. But I've seen people go through it at any age. And I think Jill may be struggling with it now. Plus being in Danger America probably stunted this for her further. 

Can confirm. :)

• Love 11
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:16 PM, Aja said:

Fuck you, Jill, and your disingenuous Instagram. Not everybody has the built-in publicity to grift a few thousand dollars off GoFundMe when they're a little short. How DARE you make people feel inferior like that and then ignore them? Be honest! Tell her you have tons of free publicity, tons of free time, no job, tons of free babysitters and THAT IS HOW YOU FUCKING DO IT, and no, other moms wouldn't be able to do it without all that stuff either. TELL HER!

EXACTLY. Free babysitters, no job, free time galore. THAT's how she makes it look so easy.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This whole cake thing is pissing me off. Does Derick realize that people in the LGBTQ community are typical humans who purchase homes, cars, food, etc? They need and receive medical care - again typical human rights. And he is calling on prayers to allow others to deny the LGBTQ folks of these rights. 

No, no, no, you have it all wrong. LGBTQ people ONLY ever have sex. They do NOTHING ELSE, EVER. They are all about sex, all the time. Not a one of them lives a perfectly normal life like anyone else. Remember that now!!

Also: #towelbaby is a thing? Duggars come up with the weirdest hashtags.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, LilJen said:

No, no, no, you have it all wrong. LGBTQ people ONLY ever have sex. They do NOTHING ELSE, EVER. They are all about sex, all the time. Not a one of them lives a perfectly normal life like anyone else. Remember that now!!

That's the purest form of projection I've ever seen. I mean, who on Earth is more obsessed with gay sex than Derick Dillard?

ETA: Oh, except for that one weird guy whose sermon consisted of angrily banging two screws together to demonstrate how gay sex just MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. He was REALLY trying to figure it out, though. It made him so mad. That's going to be Derick in ten years.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

too funny, sadly.  I will let my gay son and his husband know they have life all wrong, what with owning their own business, doing good in the community, being loving people, etc.  What's wrong with them???

I don't know what the hell is wrong with them or me, but they sound nice! I'm glad I'll have some nice, loving, responsible people to burn in hell with. 

• Love 24
20 minutes ago, Aja said:

I don't know what the hell is wrong with them or me, but they sound nice! I'm glad I'll have some nice, loving, responsible people to burn in hell with. 

Yes, look them up way far in the future, they are a lot of fun.  I hope I end up with them too.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

too funny, sadly.  I will let my gay son and his husband know they have life all wrong, what with owning their own business, doing good in the community, being loving people, etc.  What's wrong with them???

I know, it's terribly sad when people want to spend all their time loving their family, paying their taxes, giving to charities and generally being productive. It's just too, too sad.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

This is all he [Derick] knows about the Old Testament.  He should have gone to a real seminary and actually learned something about the Bible.  Instead, he just reads pithy sayings and song lyrics (which is what Psalms are).  Notice that he never quotes anything from the Bible that is attributed to God.

Bbbbb-but going to the seminary would require actual work, and we all know that Godly Derick is above such drudgery! Derick has no need to attend a seminary since he is already performing God's work, grifting for money and spewing hate on twitter, in case that was not obvious to you people.

Anyways, it is not about what you know, but what you appear to know. Why bother understanding and interpreting the Bible? Nobody fully understands the Bible from studying it, rather people understand it if God has laid His word upon their hearts and they follow God in the right way. Derick has no need to understand the historical context of the Bible or study its interpretations, since he is already enlightened by the truth, which prepares and qualifies him to preach to the innumerable heathens of the world as he attempts to spare them from the eternal flames of hell. 

If Derick wanted to be a priest in the Catholic Church, he would be looking at four years of study in the seminary, where he would study the Bible, faith, and the skills needed to serve the people. Derick would have only four years because he already has his undergraduate degree, and the seminary is an additional four years after undergrad. Pssshhh, none of that is important though. Derick already knows enough and he is prepared to enlighten the rest of us. Now, DONATE! so he can fulfill this critical mission.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Lunera said:

1bd0cf44-dc2d-43b2-a9fd-98d32505f07a.thumb.jpg.acc1bc2e4c092a24632d49e2e791416c.jpg

When you're way more stylish than your 26 year old daughter in law. It seriously looks like Jill has been raiding Michelle's closet. 

They look so dirty and unkempt next to Dan and Deena.

Does this just get repeated out of habit?   I don't see anything "dirty" about them.  And I'm pretty sure Deena's outfit would be mocked if it were Jill wearing it - it's slightly horrifying.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

I know, it's terribly sad when people want to spend all their time loving their family, paying their taxes, giving to charities and generally being productive. It's just too, too sad.

That's where they went wrong!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Aja said:

That's the purest form of projection I've ever seen. I mean, who on Earth is more obsessed with gay sex than Derick Dillard?

ETA: Oh, except for that one weird guy whose sermon consisted of angrily banging two screws together to demonstrate how gay sex just MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. He was REALLY trying to figure it out, though. It made him so mad. That's going to be Derick in ten years.

Oh, I bet that guy hasn't figured out het sex either.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Does this just get repeated out of habit?   I don't see anything "dirty" about them.  And I'm pretty sure Deena's outfit would be mocked if it were Jill wearing it - it's slightly horrifying.

I post often about how dirty they are, so I'll give this a shot. In this particular picture, they don't look especially dirty to me, they do still look un-kept -- and that adds to the perception that they're dirty.

Jill is wearing a long, shapeless, hideous skirt, topped with a shapeless top. There is nothing particularly complimentary or coordinating about these two pieces -- they just look (to me) like something she grabbed. Then, for no reason, there is a jean jacket thrown over this mess -- a different clothing style, a different fabric weight, and a different (not complimentary) color palette. None of these things particularly work together, and none of them flatter her in any way. In all fairness, she does look clean, and her hair looks as good as I've ever seen it.

Compare her with Deena who is wearing a simple, age-appropriate dress (while I don't like the dress, either, it is more age appropriate than whatever it is that Jill is wearing). Deena, too, looks clean, and her hair is shiny and combed -- this seems the norm for Deena, however.

Derick is wearing ill-fitting pants -- I might think it was a trick of the light except that Derick is ALWAYS wearing ill-fitting pants. His shirt and jacket just look randomly selected, not dirty. I am not a fan of the 3-day beard look that Derick affects, so it always looks awful to me, but he otherwise looks clean.

Compare him, however, with Dan. Dan's pants fit, and Dan is wearing an unrumpled shirt the coordinates with his pants. Dan looks like he's dressed for church.

I realize that styles change and people no longer dress up for church in many denominations, but there is a difference between "casually dressed" and "didn't bother with a mirror." In all honesty, this is one of the advantages of suits and ties and simple dresses -- it reduces the number of options for people who are style-challenged and puts everyone on a more level sartorial playing field.

• Love 23