Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Decades ago, when visiting a friend at a Christian college, I sat through a for-women-only seminar led by a visiting team that I realized much later HAD to have been the Gothard outfit. We were told that female masturbation was a sin. 

• Love 4

My little one is constantly running outside without putting shoes of any sort on .... I'm sure the. Whole neighbourhood can hear me calling after him to come back and put shoes on, followed by 'you hurt your feet I'm not taking you to the hospital'

Edited by Totally
'Cause I can't type
  • Love 14

Yeah, you couldn't keep shoes on me when I was a kid, so I won't ding them for that. I could walk barefoot on just about any surface, including scorching hot pavement in the middle of an Australian summer and be fine, my feet were so toughened up.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, kalamac said:

Yeah, you couldn't keep shoes on me when I was a kid, so I won't ding them for that. I could walk barefoot on just about any surface, including scorching hot pavement in the middle of an Australian summer and be fine, my feet were so toughened up.

Me too, 'cept in America.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, kalamac said:

Two of mine were like that. Soles like leather. Our community pool had a gravel parking lot (which was frequently scorching hot) and they blithely walked across it every day, all summer. They are in their twenties now and one of them still barely wears shoes if it can be avoided. 

• Love 10

My FIL, born about 1923, was the oldest of six or seven kids.  He remembers that during the summers they were allowed to run barefoot when playing and only had to wear boots when working with the cattle, in the fields, or going to church.  His youngest brother took that to extremes and wore his boots as little as possible all year long. 

FIL remembers his brothers having to hold the youngest down at the end of the summer while their father used a pocket knife to pry the gravel and other stuff out of his feet, then they'd have to soak his feet in water and use a rasp to take off the top layers of the calluses, with rubs of lanoline or Bag Balm in between, before their mother would consent to take the boy to town for new boots.  It was an all day experience and the boy screamed the whole time because he just hated wearing boots.  (He changed his tune when girls got interesting to him and he didn't want to look like a hayseed in front of them.)

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Could it be that they might actually be doing something right?

Uh.....nah.

7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sigh.

IMG_4868.JPG

Dear Derick, shut up.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 17
On 9/3/2017 at 3:07 PM, Mollie said:

Jill said they were looking for a house to buy in the last episode of Counting On.  This must be it.  Money to buy a house and giant steaks - keep those donations rolling in for the poor Dillards so Derick can go to missionary school and Jill can stay home with the kids.  

To be fair, houses can't be that expensive in Podunk, Arkansas and going by the kitchen that place is a serious fixer-upper.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Could it be that they might actually be doing something right?

I think he'll develop just fine - until he hits where his parents are developmentally delayed. Just like Jill couldn't progress past 12 - since her parents are stuck around age 15-17 and couldn't stimulate her any further.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I think he'll develop just fine - until he hits where his parents are developmentally delayed. Just like Jill couldn't progress past 12 - since her parents are stuck around age 15-17 and couldn't stimulate her any further.

If each generation slides back about 3 years, in a few generations we will have some ;grandbabies' just remaining in the fetal position mainlining nutrients from the mom/host. The good news is it limits them to one child per family. Praise Jebus. 

• Love 16

It looks like Izzy is standing on red mulch. We have that in our flowerbeds and I tell you, it's SHARP. I had a few small cuts in my hands when I was weeding without garden gloves. Iz should be wearing some type of footwear, even rubber flip flops when walking on that stuff.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I like how he specifies that they're feeding Arkansas chickens. Becuse one should only feed the bible-believing evangelical chickens from god-fearing states like Arkansas. All those sissified secular humanist chickens you find in California and New York should just be left to starve. 

Well, Der may well be thinking of times in DA when Izzy also fed chickens. I think you make a good joke! --

But I have a feeling that what's in Der's mind is the fact that they're back in Arkansas now, and Izzy's used to feeding chickens some place else. 

• Love 2

I think they've mentioined keeping chickens. The boys build a coop and pen, Jana buys tea lights ala Joanna Gaines design. I totally believe it's on Duggar property. Don't forget Jana's newfound love of gardening which would explain the entrance to the coop. It definitely wasn't at that petting zoo with the tortilla that they went to a few weeks back. That place was dusty and just plain sad. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think they've mentioined keeping chickens. The boys build a coop and pen, Jana buys tea lights ala Joanna Gaines design. I totally believe it's on Duggar property. Don't forget Jana's newfound love of gardening which would explain the entrance to the coop. It definitely wasn't at that petting zoo with the tortilla that they went to a few weeks back. That place was dusty and just plain sad. 

The Chick-Inn yard is probably where Jana goes at all those times when she gets to go out on her own. 

At least it has a tallish sunken-wire fence so other people's random babies can't crawl in and ask for her assistance. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
On September 6, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Lunera said:

They aren't included in the TLC new season promos. It wouldn't be too difficult to edit them out from the whole season.

Screenshot_20170906-113622-1006x1242.jpgScreenshot_20170906-115138-1006x469-754x352.thumb.jpg.7c9f11d011059897a392ea77db560c37.jpg

their old header

They've done it again. Placed Jana next to J.D. as if he were her husband. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

They've done it again. Placed Jana next to J.D. as if he were her husband. 

Well, you cannot expect a poor, weak woman to pose all by herself.  She needs a strong man at her side to protect her at all times!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

That's an old picture. no Kendra. Derick with long hair. TLC couldn't spring for a new photoshoot?

Not when they don't have any advertisers. lol

15 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

There's a song called "Stand Up, Stand up for Jesus". 

Yeah, and I can still sing it.  ;  )

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Not when they don't have any advertisers. lol

Yeah, and I can still sing it.  ;  )

Oh wow...that song just triggered some flashbacks. Lol. I realized I remember most every word. Quick someone turn on some AC/DC?

• Love 3

Did it ever come to light what the drama was regarding the birth of Samuel? Was it another shower curtain situation where we conjured up all sorts of scenarios: blamed Dillards for poor prenatal decisions, gave the baby Zika, and gave Jill a hysterectomy, and it was a big bunch of nothing? I do remember Jill as the star of the life threatening dental episode so .... 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Did it ever come to light what the drama was regarding the birth of Samuel? Was it another shower curtain situation where we conjured up all sorts of scenarios: blamed Dillards for poor prenatal decisions, gave the baby Zika, and gave Jill a hysterectomy, and it was a big bunch of nothing? I do remember Jill as the star of the life threatening dental episode so .... 

They remained quiet as far as I know.

• Love 2

I see some people defending the Duggars when they do unsafe things with their kids because they did the same things & are alive to tell about it.

When I was a kid, people didn't wear seatbelts.  Somehow some of us survived.  Would I recommend that foolishness now - no way!   Just because people did stupid things once upon a time & somehow survived, doesn't make it ok to do it now.  We now know better.     

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, ariel said:

I see some people defending the Duggars when they do unsafe things with their kids because they did the same things & are alive to tell about it.

When I was a kid, people didn't wear seatbelts.  Somehow some of us survived.  Would I recommend that foolishness now - no way!   Just because people did stupid things once upon a time & somehow survived, doesn't make it ok to do it now.  We now know better.     

The days of the "way, way back."  We used to beg our dad to take corners really fast so we'd slide around.  And he did.  And the old "sit in mom's lap in the front seat," or stand up in the back seat using the top of the front seats for balance because you didn't want to sit on the hump.  Seatbelt?  Pfffft.  Good lord, it really is a miracle we survived.  Know better, do better.  

• Love 18
8 hours ago, ariel said:

Walking barefoot outside with an adult is different to no seatbelts though

i wouldn't be walking around outside without shoes and go after my son when he does

But a great percentage of the world do walk around barefoot, I just don't see it on the same level of danger as driving without seatbelts or being outside on a hot day without sun protection

Edited by Totally
  • Love 8