Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AUgirl said:

I could also see a "problem" Duggar disappearing from the public.

Like being blurred out of pictures or using human shields to hide them from view ?

• Love 23

My mom was telling the story of when I was born the other day after my daughter disclosed her pregnancy. Probably not the sort of story a brand-new-mom-to-be really felt like hearing, but also not a family secret or anything...she knew the general details of my birth already. Prenatal care 58 years ago was not as sophisticated as it is today, and Mom was continually being told that she was further along than she knew she was...even when her water broke two months early, she was told by both the doctors and nurses at the hospital not to worry because she was obviously full-term (she went into labor while visiting family, and had to go to a different hospital than planned). Then I was born, weighing barely over 3 pounds, but it wasn't until my sister began crowning that anyone got a clue   as to the fact that there were two babies. Unfortunately, my sister only survived a couple of days. About 4 years later, Mom got pregnant again and  also delivered a micro-premie (3 months early) who did not survive. The doctors advised her that she would likely never be able to carry a full-term pregnancy, and she should not try again. Which is why I ended up as an only child. 

I wonder how the Duggars/Dillards, and etc would respond to that scenario, as opposed to one where they kept birthing GWB's . I guess that in this day and age it would have been entirely possible that all 3 of Mom's babies would have survived, but I'd still imagine that at that point she'd have stopped trying to have more, but would the D/D's continue to spit out micro-premies and hope for the best in the same circumstances?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

At least he and Israel will be on equal footing for their childhood experiences. And, if she has to stop at 2, it will be easier for Grandma Cathy to have extended visits and give them the love and quality attention that Jill & Derick can't even provide for 1 kid.

"...all the kids Jill wouldn't be having"  - This made me laugh & think of Meri, from Sister Wives, who had to have the biggest house even though she only had one child because of all the babies she meant/wanted to have.

I thought it was very selfish of dear Meri needing 5 bedrooms, when 7 of her 8 kids, were imaginary.  

Duggar daughters, oh yeah.  Quantity over quality wins every time!  Even if it means ignoring genuine medical advice.  Pretty damn selfish and also sad.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Since getting married, nothing in Jill's life has gone her way and I think she's going to become a seething powder keg of resentment.

I'm glad she's in a hospital, where she could get a psych consult, if needed. We saw what an unplanned shower rod did to her mental health. This? Ugh.

Jill reminds me of a high school Valedictorian, 4.0, perfect student, lots of friends, a million clubs and sports, bright future, who loses her virginity the first week of college, gets hooked on drugs, pregnant, fails everything, and drops out to work a dead end job. She spent her life preparing for a dream, but the dream is a nightmare and she can't wake up.

• Love 23

question: someone said that their name pattern may be the 'el' at the end of the name. i was wondering if israel's middle name started with an 'i'? then it would be IID and SSD. randomly woke up and thought about this?

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I wonder how the Duggars/Dillards, and etc would respond to that scenario, as opposed to one where they kept birthing GWB's . I guess that in this day and age it would have been entirely possible that all 3 of Mom's babies would have survived, but I'd still imagine that at that point she'd have stopped trying to have more, but would the D/D's continue to spit out micro-premies and hope for the best in the same circumstances?

Growing up IFB (lite) that would depend on how educated and worldly the couple is.  A couple that actually understands medical risks would accept that another birth is dangerous and quietly use some form of family planning. 

If Jill had a scenario like this, it would cause a major crisis of faith.  Jill has always believed everything Gothard 100%.  To have that challenged by a real life situation?  Jill will have a crisis.  What she knows and what the doctors say, do not match up.  That is impossible in her mind.  Her mind will blow.  

Derick? Derick will do better.  He is more well rounded, better educated, is a guy and never had it ingrained into his soul that he was supposed to have 19 children. Cathy also went through cancer and Derick lost his father as an older teen. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, drafan said:

Like being blurred out of pictures or using human shields to hide them from view ?

That but more extreme like obliterated from existence. Remember they were pushing hard for the "redemption" story until the viewers spoke up against it....

I'm thinking a complete purge of that person and all members of the family-as long as Anna and the M kids are in screen Joshley still exists. Even when he was in Jesus jail his kids and wife were acknowledged.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, zoomama said:

well, there goes my theory....

Too bad it wasn't IBS cause that's what they give me

If something is wrong, it makes me so mad at them! From what we know, they did literally everything wrong: spent most of their pregnancy in a Zika area, little to no prenatal care, apparently 40 hours of labor trying for a VBAC before fiiiinally going to the hospital...also possible gestational diabetes...the list goes on and on. They seemed more concerned about Izzy dropping the toy doll than they seem to care about Samuel. Why play with your kids' lives like that?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, starlightlost said:

Which makes me think something is really wrong.

Me too.

Unless Sam is all hooked up in the NICU and a photo is not possible.  Maybe nothing serious but he can't be "unhooked up" for a nice picture with Jill & Dill. 

So many of us were uneasy about this birth for so many reasons. And it's not because we are all grim reapers hating on the Duggars. We were concerned about Jessa too but the worry for Jill and Sam is so prevalent on every post.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I agree, something is off.  I hope Jill is ok.  I think Sam's fine.  Hope she will be happy with two sons.  Many couples struggle to have ONE.

This.  A thousand times.  

• Love 21

I hope Jill and Sam are okay as well. I've seen some comments here about possible hysterectomy. If by some chance this were to happen (God forbid), I don't think there would be no more kids for Jill and Derrick. For some reason, I see them adopting much moreso than Jessa and Ben. Jill and specifically Derrick give me "savior-complex" vibes. I could totally see them adopting from Danger America or some other country under the guise that it has been on their hearts to save these children from whatever sin Jill and Derrick perceive them to be in. 

• Love 2

I can't even imagine how tough Derick would be on adopted kids! Eeeeek! I wish he had married someone normal. He seemed easygoing when he first appeared on the show, and I think if Jill didn't constantly tell him that Izzy was sinning and being manipulative, he would just laugh it off a second normal toddler behavior. 

• Love 3

The other "fun" thing here, for those who like worrying, is that not all babies affected by Zika show signs at birth.  A number of babies seem fine but don't develop normally during their first year.  Just because Samuel seems to have a whopping great head doesn't mean he's out of the woods.

• Love 2

@Christina87

Right?  It's like Derick is a completely different guy. He was kinda funny, awkward and seemed pretty nice overall.  He laughed too!  I really thought Jill and Dill were an OK match. 

My opinion from watching the show (and not knowing him personally, of course) is that he is dealing with some mental health issues. Even his appearance has changed drastically. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Right!!! He has changed dramatically. I thought he and Jill were a good match, while jessa and Ben were just forcing it. Now I think the opposite!

i'm a little worried because there is NOTHING about baby Samuel on Jill's Instagram. Now, I know right after surgery may not be the best time to instagram, but I feel like most new moms do post within a couple days of the birth. Something makes me think things are really wrong and Jill is in so much grief that she can't even think of telling the world anything! I hope I'm wrong. 

ETA: she liked derick's post, so she has been on Instagram. Definitely worried something is wrong. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4

There may not be any real publicity because "A Duggar Gives Birth" is now roughly on par with "today the earth continued to rotate."

If there was something seriously wrong, they'd be maxing out the drama to the leghumpers. DONATE!!!!

So I think the baby's fine, just a little roughed up from the unnecessarily drawn out labor. Not the last encounter he'll have with Duggar Ignorance, poor little guy...

• Love 13
(edited)

ok.. its been too long since I have seen a newborn.. do they normally have the tube for breathing - esp. if the baby was full term?

This is the ( link ) of a picture I am looking at. since the pix has a disclaimer, I won't copy it in.

Edited by sATL

I don't think anything is that wrong with either Jill or Samuel.  Dan and Deena are on vacation in the Bahamas, Jinger and Jeremy are in San Antonio.  Neither couple seems to be rushing to Arkansas which tells me that Jill and Samuel are not on death's door.

Jill probably didn't get to even see Samuel until Sunday morning.  She had the C-section Saturday afternoon -- I had to wait until I could stand, have the catheter removed, and could reasonably sit up in a wheelchair before they would take me to the NICU to see my daughter (full term baby).  That was about 14 hours for me.  I also wasn't allowed to hold her for 48 hours, so Jill likely doesn't have a picture with Samuel to release.  

As far as details, we may see a TH during a commercial break tonight from Michelle and Jim Bob telling us why Samuel's in the NICU, giving us an update on Jill, and end by asking for prayers.  I'd be shocked if Derick or Jill composed themselves enough for any camera time.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, sATL said:

ok.. its been too long since I have seen a newborn.. do they normally have the tube for breathing - esp. if the baby was full term?

This is the ( link ) of a picture I am looking at. since the pix has a disclaimer, I won't copy it in.

Not routine.

If you scroll back, Doodlebug is an OB and gave a few thoughts on what is going on with the baby.  Nothing too serious but a rough start for a few reasons, which she (he?) explained better than I can.  ;)

Derick took the phrase "after 40 hours of labor" out of his Instagram announcement.  And still no more photos.

derickdillard:  Jill and I are so blessed to welcome our second child, Samuel Scott Dillard! 9 lbs 10 oz and 22 in long! Mom and baby Sam are doing well! Thank you to those who have been supporting us through your prayers and encouragement! More photos soon on www.dillardfamily.com

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Derick took the phrase "after 40 hours of labor" out of his Instagram announcement.  And still no more photos.

derickdillard:  Jill and I are so blessed to welcome our second child, Samuel Scott Dillard! 9 lbs 10 oz and 22 in long! Mom and baby Sam are doing well! Thank you to those who have been supporting us through your prayers and encouragement! More photos soon on www.dillardfamily.com

too late. you can't un-ring a bell once it's been rung. We all know about the 40 hrs.

In Jill's defense - I wouldn't want my hubby to post how long " I " was in labor and in pain....hubby was just there...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 10
(edited)
15 minutes ago, sheshark said:

The Duggs always change things when the tide of public postings go negative. They are highly sensitive to criticism or when they are caught in a lie. 

Derick probably was impressed that Jill tried for 40 hours (at home???) to have a VBAC but the majority of us think it sounds like bad judgment. 

Or something went wrong. 

Edit: Someone in the TTH reads here. So obvious. I used to think it was a producer but a producer wouldn't pick apart Derick's post like that and tell him to fix it. That's coming from inside the Duggar clan.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 8

I haven't been able to find a source anywhere, but supposedly someone posted that their mother is in the same hospital as Jill and Samuel. This person allegedly posted a comment on one of the news stories saying that they had seen a few of the Duggars crying in the hospital elevator and then crying in the cafeteria. There was a camera crew present, but none of them were filming and were just carrying their cameras and sound booms, not using them. Take that for what it is. It could be nothing. I could be something. It could be untrue. I don't know. Like I said, I can't find the post anywhere and I've been looking for hours. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Was it ever in the Instagram announcement?  40 hours is still up on the Dillard Family blog and Duggar Family blog.

• Love 1

A story like that would explain the lack of congratulatory videos. Derick and Jill still don't follow the Vuolos on Instagram. I wonder what Jessa told Jinger (since I'm sure that's how she found out) about the delivery? Just the basics? Whatever the truth may be? The latter may explain the prayers part of the video.

• Love 8

Everyone has had such a bad feeling about this birth. 

So surprised there is no splash of publicity today. 

@Sew Sumi, how long did it take to post the Izzy & Jill headband picture?  Do you remember? I thought it was about 36 hours. 

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

A story like that would explain the lack of congratulatory videos. Derick and Jill still don't follow the Vuolos on Instagram. I wonder what Jessa told Jinger (since I'm sure that's how she found out) about the delivery? Just the basics? Whatever the truth may be? The latter may explain the prayers part of the video.

And if there is bad blood between the two, popping up now would be awkward. Who knows. Jill should be going home tomorrow if all is well. Usually a c-section is a 3 day stay if I remember correctly. The whole thing is weird.

20 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I haven't been able to find a source anywhere, but supposedly someone posted that their mother is in the same hospital as Jill and Samuel. This person allegedly posted a comment on one of the news stories saying that they had seen a few of the Duggars crying in the hospital elevator and then crying in the cafeteria. There was a camera crew present, but none of them were filming and were just carrying their cameras and sound booms, not using them. Take that for what it is. It could be nothing. I could be something. It could be untrue. I don't know. Like I said, I can't find the post anywhere and I've been looking for hours. 

While it may or may not be true.... it  sounds pretty authentic.  ?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Perhaps the Duggars were crying because they were happy that there's another blessing; Samuel.

But then, wouldn't cameras catch their tears of joy? We don't know if cameras were allowed in the OR. However, the camera crew could have been taking a break, but it doesn't really explain away the tears. I wouldn't think there would be much crying for joy outside of Jill's room, even with a c-section. Mechelle's had four,and the only time there was tears was understandably with Josie. Jill didn't have a micropremie (obviously). 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Right?  It's like Derick is a completely different guy. He was kinda funny, awkward and seemed pretty nice overall.  He laughed too!  I really thought Jill and Dill were an OK match. 

My opinion from watching the show (and not knowing him personally, of course) is that he is dealing with some mental health issues. Even his appearance has changed drastically. 

I think both he and Jill are dealing with individual issues, which multiply when you're trying to cope with someone else's issues. Both of them needs some serious real-life counseling and to enroll in Love & Logic parenting classes.

For Jill, the intimacy of marriage may have triggered memories of Josh, there is the shame and embarrassment of everyone knowing something "dirty" happened to her, Derick's disappointment in her inability to be a real missionary or cope with their pretend mission trips, her own disappointment in not having the perfect vaginal births, and her inability to adequately bond and parent her son. She went from being the daddy's perfect princess to a real life that isn't the dream life she was promised if she stayed pure and let daddy make all her decisions. 

Derick thought he was getting a wife who wanted to be a missionary, was thisclose to being a midwife and was raised to be the perfect wife/mother/cook/helpmeet who would travel the world with him, saving souls for Jesus. Instead, he got a clingy, immature, mentally fragile girl who doesn't want to be more than 5 minutes from her weird overbearing family and needs a handful of sisters to keep her house clean and watch their Giant White Babies. He has an undiagnosed medical condition that makes him puke, plus jaw surgery that makes him look lopsided, and is responsible for the well-being of tiny humans who manipulate him to fulfill their own sinful needs.

• Love 21

Wow, Derick edits his posts just like Josh edited his press release. It's clear they're talking to People and TLC to determine how to tell the best story with footage that they've got, as opposed to whatever actually went down. We will never know the truth. Full stop. I really hope it was something minor and we are overreacting.

When does the paper edition of People come out? They may be waiting for print. Odd that we're all so hungry for information. I think that's the price these people pay for making every detail of theor lives for public consumption.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Wow, Derick edits his posts just like Josh edited his press release. It's clear they're talking to People and TLC to determine how to tell the best story with footage that they've got, as opposed to whatever actually went down. We will never know the truth. Full stop. I really hope it was something minor and we are overreacting.

When does the paper edition of People come out? They may be waiting for print. Odd that we're all so hungry for information. I think that's the price these people pay for making every detail of theor lives for public consumption.

when you follow the link above it takes you to an ABC link and it states that she was in labor for 40 hours. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think subscribers get hard copy People either Wed/Thurs, and it definitely hits newsstands on Fridays. 

Oh, if they stayed quiet for a week I'd buy a hat, put it on, take it off, and eat it.

• Love 12