Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Well they say that what a mom eats while pregnant can affect if a child is more willing to eat it when they're born.  Thats why you're encouraged to eat lot of veggies while pregnant.

The Duggars don't have the healthiest diet, so it's not surprising what they're feeding their child.  Hopefully chicken nuggets and fries for Izzy is a rare treat and not a frequent  meal choice.

37 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I'm all for healthy eating.  My first child only ate "white food".  I could have (and did) cut up all kinds of other healthy or healthyish things.   And ended up throwing them away. Now he is a grown up man and eats a lot more but still does not eat fruit.  His daughter, my beautiful granddaughter, would sit at the table with a plate of food.  Daughter in law every meal made her a beautiful plate with interesting healthy things.  And after every meal it would go untouched and into the trash.  Every once in a while she ate a bite.  Never could figure out how she survived.  Her brother ate everything as a toddler and little boy.  Now he is an always hungry teenager and has a lot more things he doesn't like, go figure.  So, if Israel will eat this stuff, then maybe it is better than going hungry.  I know, Duggars, etc. but sometimes kids just eat what they want no matter what artful presentation is made.  Just to be clear. I am not a fan of the Duggars and love to snark!!

Yup! My boys were very picky eaters...the older one had more flavors he couldn't deal with while the younger's issues were more with texture ( for example, he couldn't deal with "flat spaghett" like linguini, while the older one couldn't handle any sort of pasta if it had a tomato-based sauce).They outgrew a good number of those things, but not all. My daughter, on the other hand, ate almost anything you put in front of her as a small child, but as she grew, any time she had a bad experience with any food or ingredient thereof, she couldn't bring herself to try it again. Then she became a vegetarian as well...so there ended up being quite a lot of limitations there!

• Love 3

They're only concerned about their own allergies!!! Remember when they put their seasonal allergies as a higher priority on their prayer list than people getting murdered? DONATE so they can buy some Flonase!!!

• Love 13

Not to sound like a Dugger fan, but in reply to a couple of poster above about Izzy

Pyjsmas at lunchtime, we often have jammie days in our house, if we aren't going anywhere, so jammies at lunchtime didn't even get noticed by me

The highchair... My son was in a highchair til he was over three, he would fall off chairs if he wasn't 

Fork usage, at 51/2 I'm still saying to him at every meal that requires the use of a fork 'use your for not your hands'

he isn't my only child but the only one who I've had trouble getting to use a fork, and it isn't by lack of trying !

I would have put something of colour capsicum strips, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks something like that on that plate

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Israel should know how to eat with a fork by now.  He's two years and three months and most kids learn to eat with utensils by 17 or 18 months.  Why is he still eating with his fingers?

easier and faster eating . My niece (who is 4 now  ) at that age used a fork this way : she picked up whatever she wanted to eat with her left hand and placed in on the fork , then used fork to put food in mouth . Most of the time the food would fall off and the same steps had to be taken again . 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mollie said:

Israel should know how to eat with a fork by now.  He's two years and three months and most kids learn to eat with utensils by 17 or 18 months.  Why is he still eating with his fingers?

Hard to tell, though. It could be a lack of eating skills or could be just what he's eating.

I've known plenty of young kids who were perfectly capable of eating with utensils but would always eat stuff like chicken nuggets or fish sticks with their fingers. They're too big to eat in a single bite, but they're small enough to be hard to cut into bite-sized pieces with a knife and fork too (and not just for little kids -- even for adults sometimes) because they're smallish. They're kind of made to eat with your fingers, it seems. Like french fries. A lot of fast-foody stuff is like that. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What I want to know is why is this a picture? This is a pitcure of a child in long johns eating an unappetizing plate of food. Why did someone bother to photograph this? Why did someone bother to post this?

This is a two year old child. Toddlers are pretty much universally adorable -- they make adorable faces and do adorable things all day long, and then they go to sleep an look angelic and adorable. This is a non-descript photo of a plain looking child doing nothing. These people have no filter and no sense. It's not necessary to photograph every instant of your child's life; it's not necessary to post every damn photo of your child. STOP IT!

• Love 17
(edited)

This is a non-descript photo of a plain looking child doing nothing. These people have no filter and no sense. It's not necessary to photograph every instant of your child's life; it's not necessary to post every damn photo of your child. STOP IT!

I think Izzy is really sweet looking and as far as posting heaps of pictures of Izzy I don't think J and D post many pics of Izzy

they do choose some odd pics to post ... The pic when they announced baby number two with the toddler outfit... I just don't understand that one at all 

Edited by Totally
Posted without checking it made sense :-(
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Totally said:

I think Izzy is really sweet looking and as far as posting heaps of pictures of Izzy I don't think J and D post many pics of Izzy

they do choose some odd pics to post ... The pic when they announced baby number two with the toddler outfit... I just don't understand that one at all 

I think he's sweet looking too - I like serious children in addition to happy laughing ones - but that's gotta be his homeliest picture ever, not to mention all the other surrounding shabbiness.  Jill and Derrick clearly have no visual sense.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

What I want to know is why is this a picture? This is a pitcure of a child in long johns eating an unappetizing plate of food. Why did someone bother to photograph this? Why did someone bother to post this?

This is a two year old child. Toddlers are pretty much universally adorable -- they make adorable faces and do adorable things all day long, and then they go to sleep an look angelic and adorable. This is a non-descript photo of a plain looking child doing nothing. These people have no filter and no sense. It's not necessary to photograph every instant of your child's life; it's not necessary to post every damn photo of your child. STOP IT!

I agree with this. But could you please send it to everyone I know? Because I see way way way too many pictures that there was no reason for anyone to take. Let alone send to all and sundry. And when they're sent to me, I have the sneaking suspicion that I'm even supposed to comment on them. .... Yet I have nothing to say. 

• Love 9

The picture of Israel is adorable.  Nothing wrong with it.  He looks like I do when my allergies kick in.

What I find interesting they are posting pictures as a diversion- to keep us from noticing there is no baby Samuel.  

• Love 3

I'd love to know when Jill's exact due date is/was. I still believe she's keeping quiet about it because she's planning on going the same route as last time. She wants to avoid criticism. She's an idiot.

We won't know if she went over or not, or by how much.

• Love 6
(edited)

Part of me thinks he is here and has problems.  Another part of me thinks they love the media too much to not share the news.  I don't really know.  

But I find it odd they are not posting pictures of pregnant Jill with Israel or Derick since pregnancy is their religion.

Edited by Jellybeans
spelling
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/2/2017 at 8:05 PM, Hpmec said:

Has anyone seen the latest TLC promo for Counting On with Derick mentioning a possible heart problem, presumably affecting the new baby? Caught me by surprise. A few posts back people were speculating that a birth defect may be the reason for the baby's pre-birth name announcement. Anyone heard anything further?

22 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

there was an episode last year when Derek went in to get checked for his gagging and Jill got a check-up. They were listening to her neck, she said they mentioned the carotid artery not sounding right or something to that effect. She didn't act worried at all, not like I would have. That may be what they are referring too but I haven't seen it this season.

In case you missed it, Jill's carotid artery situation was covered in last night's episode. She had it tested and they were shown going in to get the results, which were negative for any known issues. The doc had some weak-sounding explanation like, the loud arterial sounds that had prompted the testing, could just be because of strong blood flow. 

I was dubious, but then, last night I was watching a marathon of Mystery Diagnosis repeats over on Discovery Life, and just switched to Counting On a few times, for a quick look. So of course when I see Jill's doc having no solid explanation after the negative test results, I'm muttering, "find another doctor!" at the teevee, lol!

Oh, and those few scenes made me realize that the Dillards are totally charmless twits who are a complete waste of bandwidth, and TLC should write them off the show. Stat.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:37 AM, Portia said:

Maybe it's because I have so many nice-looking men in my life with receding hairlines, but I think it's the shape of the head, not the placement of the hairline, that makes so many of the Duggar boys unfortunate-looking. They tend be pointy at the chin and bulbous at the top, giving them a "gray alien" kind of look that a high hairline only accentuates. That's poor Josie's problem, IMHO. 

^^^This. JB and MEchelle are - pains me to say it - essentially physically attractive and telegenic, even as they age. They'd never have had a single TLC special, much less the cash cow series, if they hadn't been. No, I'm not talking about their fashion sense - or MEchelle's rat's nest mullet hair, either. They have regular features and JB has a decent head shape.

Many of their kids haven't been so lucky, including poor Josie who has thin straggly blonde hair and the boys who have thinning hair at a young age. And even the boys who are on the better-looking end of the spectrum, often look kinda greasy and spotty-faced on TV. 

Edited by Jeeves
removed "very" from "physically attractive" above
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In real time, Derick's gagging is still a mystery......

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/882052092726091776?p=v

Have to love some of the comments...people suggesting he "fast on it" because God can do wonders that doctors miss (as though Derick really looks as if fasting would do him any good), praying he be healed in Jesus name (since evidently no one has tried that approach yet?), and looking forward to "getting our new bodies in heaven!"...

• Love 11
On 6/27/2017 at 7:48 PM, 88Keys said:

I just saw this video on Facebook a few minutes ago and it immediately made me think of Jill and Derrick. 

My husband and I just left Aruba for our anniversary trip and I feel moved by God to join their mission. We are also accepting donations. 

• Love 10

The Duggars love to tell how much they love freedom, however, NO Duggars (except bad christian grandpa) has ever enlisted in the military!

Without TLC make-up, Derick looks even worse around his eyes.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, louannems said:

The Duggars love to tell how much they love freedom, however, NO Duggars (except bad christian grandpa) has ever enlisted in the military!

Without TLC make-up, Derick looks even worse around his eyes.

It's like his face has two halves and both want to escape in different directions 

• Love 9

Izzy is sweet, who still has that childlike look of wonder about his world, and he is out and about in a world where women show their knees and shoulders aren't something sinful! 

• Love 15

Hold up, wait a minute, is MEchelle's (my auto correct changed that to Me hell btw) hair straightened in that second pic. It looks much less rat nesty than usual

While many toddlers do go through s chicken nugget phase (my 12 yr old is just now ordering other things when we go out though he eats whatever is put on front of him at home) I wonder if Iz is just in a phase or if it's bc they don't know anything else to cook

• Love 1

I feel for little Izzy. He's bring drug around the world, back and forth by his stupid parents. This boy knows no permanent type home or routine. I think he's be confused as to where he lives. Derick and Jill really need to START to consider their children and what this 'missionary lifestyle' can do to them.

• Love 8
(edited)

Jill is huge! I don't know much about pregnancy but is it normal for her belly to look like it's just hanging there all lumpy? I've never seen a pregnant woman with a belly like that. I know women who have used belly supports because it just gets so heavy.

Edited by Lunera
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jill is huge! I don't know much about pregnancy but is it normal for her belly to look like it's just hanging there all lumpy? I've never seen a pregnant woman with a belly like that. I know women who have used belly supports because it just gets so heavy.

Her stomach in the second picture. Is that granny panties waistband? Elastic skirt waistband? A scar being stretched almost to its breaking point?

Jill does look huge.  I hope for everyone's sake she is getting proper medical care and plans to deliver in a hospital.

Even as someone who has had four kids and generally enjoyed my pregnancies, I just can't imagine being at that uncomfortable last few weeks and thinking "yeah, I will likely be doing this a dozen more times, with absolutely no control over when it happens again."   Yikes.

• Love 10
On 7/3/2017 at 4:02 PM, floridamom said:

I hope that's not the majority of what Izzy eats every day. Not a healthy diet IMO.

Weighing in on the chicken nuggets and fries for Izzy - I wouldn't knock that, per se, except I feel like we've been shown how much Iz craves healthy foods - haven't we seen him chugging tomato sauce and begging Jill for fruit?  If the child wants healthy foods, Jill freaking owes it to her child to give him those things.  And as we've seen from multiple photos, we know Jill loves to cook "healthy" and "nutritious" food for her man.  So why can't she seem to be bothered to do the same for her son?  Add a few orange slices and this is a perfectly normal meal for a toddler.

All this photo makes me think is that there remains a strong disconnect between Jill and Iz.  It's terribly sad, because it's not fair to Izzy and the multiple children who come after him.  It's not fair to Jill to have been raised to think that any emotional problems she might have are a direct result of not praying hard enough.  She's about to experience another go-round of post-partum depression, and I don't think she's recovered from her first one yet.  How long until she breaks?

I really hope that Dreck's mom is keeping an eagle-eye on her grandchild.

• Love 10

I personally think the reason Derick always seems so eager to return to Central America is because he is simply overwhelmed by the sheer number of Duggars.  More so than Jeremy or Ben, Derick is just not a people person in my opinion.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, flyingdi said:

I personally think the reason Derick always seems so eager to return to Central America is because he is simply overwhelmed by the sheer number of Duggars.  More so than Jeremy or Ben, Derick is just not a people person in my opinion.

I tend to agree.  He seemed perfectly happy on his own in Nepal.  Anyone who is introverted or content to be a lone wolf, would find a gaggle of Duggars a bit much to deal with.

• Love 18