Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think they have a water dispenser like many office buildings have, for drinking filtered water and hot water for tea, so probably not enough for a bath. I'm guessing they left his toys in the mission house they stay in while their there.

I agree. I'm sure they didn't turn off all the hot water in the house permanently and bathe the poor kid in cold water. They may have just turned off that "instant hot water dispenser" thing. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I agree. I'm sure they didn't turn off all the hot water in the house permanently and bathe the poor kid in cold water. They may have just turned off that "instant hot water dispenser" thing. 

Ahhhhh, smacking my forehead!

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Ahhhhh, smacking my forehead!

Don't hurt yourself. Remember, these people don't write clearly. It's easy to read it as that they turned off all the hot water in the house.

Come to think of it, this IS Jilly Moonbeam and Dreck . . . they might have . . . lol!

• Love 4

It sounded to me like poor Izzy had to take a cold shower.  He held his hand under the running water for some time, waiting for it to warm up.  When it didn't, Derick and Jill quickly cleaned him up in the cold shower.  No hot water tank?

• Love 2

I'm guessing too that they turned off the hot water dispenser.  We lived in South Louisiana for a long time and in the middle of the summer the water ran warm from the cold tap.  It was warm enough to shower in.  so even if they did turn the hot water off for the tub, my thought is, that it wasn't cold at all, just warm.

• Love 2

I'm sorry Jill, but you and the hubby would not know good health if sent you a singing telegram, a marching band playing a good health song, sent you an email every hour on the hour about good health, spell out to you in plain, easy to understand English, park outside your house 24/7, and played a tape trying to explain good health while you were sleeping. Maybe your version of God and his Godly message is trying to tell you something.

For some reason I cannot quote today so I am responding to posts I have seen here.  

Doodlebug, I cannot imagine how irritating it is being a medical professional and watching these bozos think they are qualified to birth babies.  

To the person who spoke about Jill cutting hair barefoot and the hairdressing friend saying that hairs get stuck in their feet?  Yep. I would have to dump my shoes out, shake my clothes out, and it may be TMI, but would have to pluck hairs out of my nipples.  These fuckers got stuck EVERYWHERE!  And it was gross.  

I feel these people, with their 'show me how to do something so I don't have to hire a professional' to be demeaning of said professions.  They are experts in nothing except grifting.  And truth be told, they aren't even that good at that.  

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, louannems said:

It sounded to me like poor Izzy had to take a cold shower.  He held his hand under the running water for some time, waiting for it to warm up.  When it didn't, Derick and Jill quickly cleaned him up in the cold shower.  No hot water tank?

They don't have hot water tanks in El Salvador.  There's a little gizmo in the shower head that heats the water as it comes out via electricity.  It works ok but not much water pressure.  However, they are fragile little doohickeys and seem to need fiddled with a lot to keep them working, Derick would probably end up electrocuting himself if he tried to work on it. Regular sinks in the kitchen and bath don't have hot water, they heat it on the stove as needed for dish washing and such.  And, while the cold water is warmer than in the US, it's still pretty darned cold for a shower.  Trust me, I know.

When they were last in DA, Izzy was walking, etc.  Wouldn't they have babyproofed the place before now?  Isn't it fairly obvious that a hot water tap needs to be out of his reach?  These two idiots aren't capable of keeping a goldfish safe.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

"The first few days we were here, amidst the settling in and busy schedule, Israel and I (Jill) were battling coughs and colds and Israel developed a low-grade fever, which we quickly noticed was as a result of an eye infection (he first had this at the beginning of our last time here when he was only 8 months old). Thankfully it hasn’t been as bad as the first time! Israel and I were also welcomed “home” by a couple of fire ant bites (something we aren’t used to back home in NW Arkansas). Oh, and our second night here Israel decided to test out the instant hot water dispenser and quickly learned it wasn't a toy when some of the water came out on his hand. We cooled the burn and applied burn salve and he only had a little redness in the morning. We also made sure to turn off the hot water so this doesn’t happen again! Good health is something we learn not to take for granted living in a rural area in a place that doesn’t guarantee the same amenities we have back home. We frequently pray for protection from bacteria, accidents and other things that would complicate things or send us running to the doctor."

Poor Isreal. Sick, eye infection, ant bites, burns.... hope mommys prayers protects you....

God these people are assholes. UGHGHGHGHHHG

Full disclosure: I didn't read the entire letter, I only read what is quoted in this post.

I have worked as a fundraiser with a non profit. This is not how you do it. What she has written is all about her and how her family is suffering. She needs me more (any) you sentences.

Off the top of my head:

We have arrived safely and are eager to resume our mission of sharing the gospel. Through your generous contributions, you have made it possible for us to xyz. You are making a difference, blah blah. 

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Full disclosure: I didn't read the entire letter, I only read what is quoted in this post.

I have worked as a fundraiser with a non profit. This is not how you do it. What she has written is all about her and how her family is suffering. She needs me more (any) you sentences.

Off the top of my head:

We have arrived safely and are eager to resume our mission of sharing the gospel. Through your generous contributions, you have made it possible for us to xyz. You are making a difference, blah blah. 

I wish I could like this post more than once! 

That blog post is quite a mashup of arrogant Duggar self-absorption, and the entitled attitude that your own doings are of supreme importance to your millions of leghumping fans, all wrapped up with a finish in fundie gospel-missionary-speak. It was obviously not written by a mature adult who has a clue about fundraising and donor relations and focusing on, you know, the activities that are the ostensible reason they dunned you for money in the first place.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Off the top of my head:

I think it also is an indication of just how much Jill dislikes the mission and how very self absorbed she is.  She's all 'woe is me' over the fact that she and her kid caught a cold.  I work with multiple women with young kids, they are sick most of the winter and manage to not dwell on it and get their work done. How much 'settling in' does it require when, apparently, they simply left all their stuff down there and it went untouched while they were gone?  It also may be a sign of depression that Jill seems to think that the world needs to see how she has suffered what with colds and bug bites in Danger America. 

And, yeah, there's also the part where, on a public blog meant to encourage support for your mission work, you don't talk about yourself and your trivial problems but instead promote the work you are doing. 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And, yeah, there's also the part where, on a public blog meant to encourage support for your mission work, you don't talk about yourself and your trivial problems but instead promote the work you are doing. 

Except apparantly they aren't really DOING any work. Jill, of course, doesn't really realize that they're not doing any work, because her whole life she has been taught that her life -- the mundane day to day machinations of her life -- are of interest to others. It's entirely possible that it never occurs to her that their donors don't really care that she has a cold and Izzy has a bug bite. Maybe if there were little snippets of that among all of the stories and pictures of their work it might be nice, but that's all there is.

• Love 10

Does Jill even look around and think, wow, these people never get to leave for a vacation. These people have no one donating thousands of dollars to them. These people have little access to health care. Nope, living on candy, crayons and prayers good enough for them.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Jeeves said:

But if Derick's really worked at learning Spanish and can't speak it? Then IMO he needs to reconsider his career path as a missionary to people in non-English-speaking countries. 

Maybe he should go to Ireland.  There's plenty of Catholics & non-fundy Protestants there to try to convert.  That might make a very snark worthy show.  Even with English speaking people Derick would still be out of his element & fail big time.

• Love 7

The pic Jessa posted of izzy and spurge; Izzy looks like he has a black eye - AGAIN!  I've never got s black eye with an eye infection. 

Since when don't they have fire ants in Arkansas?  They're all the way up to Kentucky. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think they have a water dispenser like many office buildings have, for drinking filtered water and hot water for tea, so probably not enough for a bath. I'm guessing they left his toys in the mission house they stay in while their there.

Yeah, you mean the quaintly named "Insinkerator"?

http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=H-HOT100C-SS&ca=gpsl&CAWELAID=330001430003572958&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=17778677465&CATCI=pla-65159762873&gclid=CjwKEAiA3NTFBRDKheuO6IG43VQSJAA74F77xH0S7O-QJaxpvW20WRXjYfRdiLi3pewuOarV1_y5ERoCWhDw_wcB

A prior office of mine had one attached to the sink, and that water came in scalding.  I remember steam rising as it gushed over Ramen cup type things.

• Love 1

JimBob's had quite the expensive overhaul of that cheesy grin since then. Frugality my ass.

She's sitting on his lap!!! Cheek kissing!!! He has his arms around her waist!!!

WERE THEY MARRIED????? 

I feel so very defrauded. No wonder this photo is in the bathroom.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

"The first few days we were here, amidst the settling in and busy schedule, Israel and I (Jill) were battling coughs and colds and Israel developed a low-grade fever, which we quickly noticed was as a result of an eye infection (he first had this at the beginning of our last time here when he was only 8 months old). Thankfully it hasn’t been as bad as the first time! Israel and I were also welcomed “home” by a couple of fire ant bites (something we aren’t used to back home in NW Arkansas). Oh, and our second night here Israel decided to test out the instant hot water dispenser and quickly learned it wasn't a toy when some of the water came out on his hand. We cooled the burn and applied burn salve and he only had a little redness in the morning. We also made sure to turn off the hot water so this doesn’t happen again! Good health is something we learn not to take for granted living in a rural area in a place that doesn’t guarantee the same amenities we have back home. We frequently pray for protection from bacteria, accidents and other things that would complicate things or send us running to the doctor."

Poor Isreal. Sick, eye infection, ant bites, burns.... hope mommys prayers protects you....

God these people are assholes. UGHGHGHGHHHG

She sounds thrilled to be back. Really. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Off the top of my head:

I get the feeling that Jill and other Duggars are so used to (and thrilled about) being "reality TeeVee stahs" that they bring that role into everything else in their lives -- thus messing up all the other stuff. In the reality-tv role, they have a bunch of panting fans who want to oooh and aaahhh over the little life details of the fabulous Duggars. And since that's the main role they know -- and because the don't actually think -- they think all of life is about "sharing" their issues with adoring fans. And they think that's how money is procured in life as well, even for what is supposedly charity work. They're just that ignorant and slow and programmed-for-tv is my guess. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

JimBob's had quite the expensive overhaul of that cheesy grin since then. Frugality my ass.

She's sitting on his lap!!! Cheek kissing!!! He has his arms around her waist!!!

WERE THEY MARRIED????? 

I feel so very defrauded. No wonder this photo is in the bathroom.

She's wearing a wedding set. 

• Love 1

Dear Jill, stop praying for protection for a second, open your eyes and actually protect yourself and your baby with the two eyes God gave you. Actually watch your kid. God gave you a brain. Please use it. Watch your kid. Do I need to repeat again?

• Love 10

God gave Jill a brain but from the moment she exited that wretched womb Boob and Mullet did everything they could to impede its development. Thus Jilly Silly can only "function" within a certain range of the compound.  Think of Jill as a RC toy, Boob and Mullet still have the remote and Jill is too far away to respond to its signals.

OK I might have just lost my last marble. 

• Love 16
On 2/27/2017 at 8:21 AM, Normades said:

Yes, it's so sad.  This is the stuff eating disorders and mental illness are made of.  

Since that little tidbit got it, I'll bet my year's salary that DimBoob is on overdrive ensuring no other info like this sees the light of day.  I'll bet Jeremy will not share any of his wife's idiosyncrasies with the viewing public.  Such a small peek into the abuse those kids have suffered.

One has to wonder how long after the wedding the Holy Goalie realized things were not as they seemed and what his reaction to this was.

The smartest thing Triple D could have done (besides pay for a damn tutor for his wife, for starters) would have been to find a licensed, competent marriage and family therapist and start going before they lost their Wal-Mart health insurance. Did he do it? Of course not. They could pray the problems away, right?

• Love 7
(edited)
On 2/27/2017 at 0:43 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

My question is who on earth would give a picture like that of themselves to someone else? 

It really is extremely self-absorbed to think anyone would want such a thing, not to mention being weirdly exhibitionistic. But of course this is Michelle and Jim Blob we're talking about so ... I guess we should just be glad they have all their clothes on.

These are the same parents who thought it was perfectly appropriate to hang a photo of KJB next to Jilly Muffin's bed.

I realize these were not "normal" teenage girls, but one has to wonder if they realize how much of themselves (and the family dysfunction) they have given away every time they allow a film crew into their house or to follow them around.

On 2/27/2017 at 8:35 AM, BitterApple said:

It had to be all sunshine and butterflies, lest Derick think he was getting a lemon instead of a sports car. Keeping up a facade of perfection is exhausting, I don't know how these women do it.

$20 says that Triple D stopped listening the second he figured out TV SHOW TV SHOW TV SHOW $40K PER WEEK AND WON'T HAVE TO WORK! Seconds later he was onto VIRGIN VIRGIN VIRGIN I AM THE ENVY OF EVERY GUY I KNOW.

Did I repeat VIRGIN enough times?

They keep up the facade because it's all they know and it's been drummed into them since birth. You'll note that J-Chelle thinks people are still buying it, too.

Edited by Missy Vixen
It's good to actually write in complete sentences.
  • Love 5

Funny you made that point about the film crew. I just read part of an interview with Emma Watson (Harry Poter movies) and why she does not take pics/selfies with fans. She said when those pics are posted it is basically advertising her location within ten meters. Ms. Watson is trying to find a balance between her private and public life. That's the thing, the 19 have no concept of private life. Even devilvering on a toilet is their "ministry."  Give me a break.

• Love 9
On 2/28/2017 at 9:25 AM, WhineandCheez said:

Hot water dispenser?  In a Danger America "frugal" hovel?  I'd sure like one of those in my USA hovel.  What, is it for their Starbucks VUE instant packets??

We live just outside of Seattle. Our house is worth a shocking amount of money. We do not have a "instant hot water dispenser".

Wait until the headship gets home and I tell him we're off to the Danger America mission field so I can get a home appliance upgrade.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

We live just outside of Seattle. Our house is worth a shocking amount of money. We do not have a "instant hot water dispenser".

Wait until the headship gets home and I tell him we're off to the Danger America mission field so I can get a home appliance upgrade.

Don't get too excited.  Water coolers with hot water dispensers can cost less than $200.  In a country like El Salvador where tap water isn't potable, it is far cheaper to have a water cooler using the big jugs of water than it is to buy individual bottles of water.  My mission group helped purchase one for the place where we stayed to cut the cost and reduce waste.

• Love 4
Just now, doodlebug said:

Don't get too excited.  Water coolers with hot water dispensers can cost less than $200.  

I was never really into them but for those who are drinking coffee or tea round the clock, they come in handy. ;-)

I agree with your comment up above -- they still haven't babyproofed, Izzy is almost two and they have another baby on the way? :facepalm:

• Love 1

Poor Izzy, no matter how small & insignificant his parents think his burn was, it had to hurt bad. I feel so sorry for him & have been thinking about him all day.  And once again, why would they feel the need to tell the world about it? They should know people will be up in arms about it & I hope they get plenty of backlash - they deserve it !!  I realize kids have unforeseen accidents (& my son had plenty) but this was total ignorance on Jilly & Derick's part. Someone needs to take their parent's license away. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Oops. You're right, of course, SEW SUMI. I missed the rings and thought they were dating age.

Well, for most people, they WERE still dating age if that was taken before Smuggar was born. Heck, even when Smuggar was born, they were just 21 and 22, basically college seniors in the real world. 

41 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Poor Izzy, no matter how small & insignificant his parents think his burn was, it had to hurt bad. I feel so sorry for him & have been thinking about him all day.  And once again, why would they feel the need to tell the world about it? They should know people will be up in arms about it & I hope they get plenty of backlash - they deserve it !!  I realize kids have unforeseen accidents (& my son had plenty) but this was total ignorance on Jilly & Derick's part. Someone needs to take their parent's license away. 

Maybe Jill hasn't realized that people find these things out when she posts pictures or blogs or has cameras following her around. Cuz, like she is totally a missionary.

Or, it was filmed and she is preemptively setting the record straight.

Either explanation is equally plausible, IMHO.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SMama said:

God gave Jill a brain but from the moment she exited that wretched womb Boob and Mullet did everything they could to impede its development. Thus Jilly Silly can only "function" within a certain range of the compound.  Think of Jill as a RC toy, Boob and Mullet still have the remote and Jill is too far away to respond to its signals.

OK I might have just lost my last marble. 

No, you haven't lost your last marble. That makes perfect sense. 

2 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

I was never really into them but for those who are drinking coffee or tea round the clock, they come in handy. ;-)

I agree with your comment up above -- they still haven't babyproofed, Izzy is almost two and they have another baby on the way? :facepalm:

Seriously, though, Jill is such a dumbass. Did she have no clue, with all those siblings and babies she helped raise, that you have to babyproof? Was that not her jurisdiction, so she never ever thought of it?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Seriously, though, Jill is such a dumbass. Did she have no clue, with all those siblings and babies she helped raise, that you have to babyproof? Was that not her jurisdiction, so she never ever thought of it?

I wonder how much the Duggars ever have babyproofed? They certainly seemed to have stairwell issues with the kids. And there's all this stuff with Jill, of course. But I also saw a photo or two of Spurge standing right next to an unfenced woodburning stove that seemed a little chancy to me. .... I wonder whether the family tradition is to trust Jesus with a lot of this, too. (another thing I'd know more about if I'd ever watched the show, of course)

• Love 1

I always pictured them as the type to be all "well, if they get hurt, maybe that'll teach them not to do it again." Because the easiest way to parent is when you can turn the consequences of your own laziness into a "learning" moment. "Oh you burned your hand (because we couldn't be bothered making sure that was out of reach)? Now you know not to do that."

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kalamac said:

I always pictured them as the type to be all "well, if they get hurt, maybe that'll teach them not to do it again." Because the easiest way to parent is when you can turn the consequences of your own laziness into a "learning" moment. "Oh you burned your hand (because we couldn't be bothered making sure that was out of reach)? Now you know not to do that."

And..there's always blanket training...

12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder how much the Duggars ever have babyproofed? They certainly seemed to have stairwell issues with the kids. And there's all this stuff with Jill, of course. But I also saw a photo or two of Spurge standing right next to an unfenced woodburning stove that seemed a little chancy to me. .... I wonder whether the family tradition is to trust Jesus with a lot of this, too. (another thing I'd know more about if I'd ever watched the show, of course)

When I was a Seventh Day Adventist, noone I knew babyproofed.  They were big on No No! And slapping a baby's hand when it touched a No No.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Why bother? It's not like they didn't have lots of extra kids. It's surprising they didn't name the last few Jbackup, Jredundant, PlanJ, Jreserve, and Jwhoareyouagain.

• Love 10

Some religious groups don't babyproof or just minimally.

Children are taught to not go up the stairs.  By babyproofing, you aren't teaching immediate obedience. You are letting the child wander and no real obedience is learned. 

Not sure if I explained that well but I'm sure you get the meaning. 

I do recall my IFB church only doing minimal baby proofing.  I believe there was a sermon on it.  Not having a "child directed" home.  Children should fit with adults, not adults fitting into the child.  Or something like that.  

However, with Jill, she looks like she isn't baby proofing OR teaching.  Jilly seems a bit silly and does not much of anything. 

• Love 4