Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Ah, it was a reply. I only saw his first-hand tweets. 

But it's not as if he's surprising anyone. 

eta: Reading the comments, and from other encounters I've seen on Duggar fan sites, "I will pray for you" has become the new "Bless your heart." Condescending as hell. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ah, it was a reply. I only saw his first-hand tweets. 

But it's not as if he's surprising anyone. 

eta: Reading the comments, and from other encounters I've seen on Duggar fan sites, "I will pray for you" has become the new "Bless your heart." Condescending as hell. 

It went from voting Trump to Hilary is a lesbian. I just can't.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm glad discussing politics (beyond what little we've done) is verboten here. My last comment on that is that people are absolutely batshit this year. 

Unlike the Duggars, who are batshit at all times, in every year.

• Love 6

Jill looks so out of place and she probably dragged the whole vibe down with her laundry list of topics that are forbidden from discussion. Is she actually in the wedding? Or did Dan's fiancee feel obligated to let her tag along?

• Love 4

Jill needs to invest in a couple pairs of nice ballet flats to wear with skirts and dresses. You can get shoes at Target for thirty bucks if you don't feel like spending a lot of money. I get that Jill isn't a slave to fashion, and that's fine, but she doesn't have to look a total hot mess either.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Hey, is Jill wearing The Mustard Cardigan?

Her shoes look ridiculous with that skirt.  Literally anything - boots, flats, sandals - would look better.

Mercifully, it looks like a fitted garment, so it's not the countenance enhancing, stretched by a baby bump mustard cardigan! Rejoice, not the mustard cardigan. The A line skirt is flattering, but please Muffy, sandals, sensible pumps, or a ballerina flat!

Because I seldom think to notice what people are wearing on their feet I didn't even notice Jill's shoes until they were pointed out...then my first thought was that it wasn't her fault since they appear to be at a bowling alley...and it wasn't until entire minutes later, after picturing her bowling for a while, wondering whether that was something the Duggars ever tended to do, and such,  that I noticed that it didn't appear that any of the other girls was wearing sneakers - that Jill actually chose to wear that combo.  So, yes, while I do appear to be seriously missing whatever gene causes one to be attentive to shoes in the first place, even I can appreciate a complete fashion atrocity when it's pointed out to me. And, for the record, while I don't generally care all that much about shoes, I wouldn't leave the house in something quite that mismatched unless it was an emergency.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, poopchute said:

All of those girls look modestly dressed to me. Can someone explain how the skirt is more modest than the jeans?

When a woman is wearing a skirt, you can pretend she doesn't have a crotch or ladybits. When a woman is wearing pants, you can't help thinking she is displaying the fact that she has a C and LBs, and you will become hip-mo-tize [/David Letterman] by this, defrauded, and subsequently consigned to hell. 

• Love 11

Whenever I see Jill in shoes, my first thought isn't "yeah, they don't match and/or they're ugly", it's "hey, she's not wearing flip-flops!". At least her feet are fully enclosed (confession, I have weird feet with webbed toes and dropped arches, and I wear cheap sandshoes every where, even work - my work pair is black, because they're the only shoes I find comfortable, so I don't judge too much if shoes match because I'm sure mine don't most of the time.)

• Love 5

Jill has aged a lot in her time in CA.  Right?  She looked like a kid when she got married and now she looks much older.  I only point that out because it seems that CA was not a good fit for her.  Seems too stressful. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Jill has aged a lot in her time in CA. Right?

She really has. Jill cleans up well when she wants to, but I thought she looked worn out last night. Granted most people aren't camera ready when they've spent the entire day traveling with a toddler, but Jill just seemed emotionally exhausted. I don't know what happened down there, but Danger America is not the place for her. Derick needs to beg for his Walmart job back and put an end to this missioncation charade.

• Love 6

Even the current pictures that we see of Jill...she looks so tired and just exhausted.  Traveling with a toddler is tough but the above pictures with the bridal party girls?  She probably spent some time doing hair and make-up etc.  She looks "old" and "aged'" like she lived a million years down in CA. 

Derick looks horrible so I guess he hasn't noticed his wife is falling apart. 

These are the good times in Jill's life.  Young, just married, a first baby.  Look at Jessa.  Jessa and Ben do look happy and are enjoying themselves with Spurgie, writing stupid blog posts and attempting to cook. 

Jill looks like she has been through the worst year of her life.  Unfortunately, she probably has.  Derick needs to find another career besides missioncationing, interpretive dance and speaking Spanish badly.  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jill has aged a lot in her time in CA.  Right?  She looked like a kid when she got married and now she looks much older.  I only point that out because it seems that CA was not a good fit for her.  Seems too stressful. 

Real life is not a good fit for Jill, nor for any of the other duggar kidults. They are so poorly prepared for life's challenges. I think Jill is slowly waking up to this realization.

• Love 18

when they were standing in the room before leaving CA and Iz was whining, reaching for her and she just brushed him off with that giggle, saying he was ill I'm thinking yeah and he wants his momma to hold him....fast forward right off the escalator she grabs Spurge and is hugging and kissing all over him. She did the same thing at the guest house the next day....she really hasn't connected with Izzy, sad :(

• Love 8
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jessa and Bin have been living like two teens, unemployed and free rent supplied by daddy. Of course they are enjoying themselves.

Yes. Plus, Jessa didn't look so great on their trip (trips?) to see Flame and Mrs. Flame or whoever they went to see. She looked nervous and uptight and was quiet.  And that's just visiting strangers for the weekend, with the familiar tv crew that she knows, not living in another country where another language is spoken and everything is quite different.

I'd be surprised if any Duggar kid would easily navigate living among people and customs that they're very unaccustomed to, even if nothing scary or untoward did happen. And Jill got a very abrupt and complete introduction to moving far away from home into a completely different culture, away from literally everyone she'd known all her life (although they visited), just on her own with her new husband and her new baby.  No experience working up to it in steps, even. I'd be shocked, actually, if any Duggar kid handled that situation well. Heck, I remember smug brash Mr.-know-it-all Joshie crying in the damn driveway because he was moving to the DC suburbs. .....And I don't think he liked anybody in his family very much -- he was just scared to be away from them and among strangers on a permanent basis.

They are not prepared for experiences that are different from the ones they've grown up in or in which they're not completely surrounded by other Duggars all the time.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

Anna was older but I think Anna did OK in DC. She seemed to be pretty comfortable and we saw clips of her going the library and some play groups etc.

I think Jinger might be OK too...also because Jeremy has a normal background and will loosen her up a bit.  

Jessa?  I think Jessa could be OK with time.  She hasn't much experience but I think she has potential. She did look very uncomfortable with Flame but I suspect it had a lot to do with the genre of music.  I grew up IFB and anything other than "their approved music" starts flipping them out.  I can remember being VERY uncomfortable with rock music. Truthfully, I still dislike it and I hate the stuff my teens play...it still bothers me.    Jessa looked much better once the music wasn't the focus.  

Jill? I think Jill is a major mess.  She looks insecure and awkward.  My gut tells me she isn't too bright either.  She is also a clinger to Derick. Jill always looks like she is struggling nowadays.  Sad to be so young and newly married with a beautiful healthy child and look like you're hanging on by a thread.   

• Love 8

For as much as they show pictures of Izzy with the other kids in CA, the whole idea of Gothardism promotes separatism. If you aren't "Gothard anointed" then you aren't truly worthy.  Because those of us who do not drink the kook aid are heathen, evil, sex-obsessed demons, not to be considered except when it's time to ask for donations or gifts.  So while Izzy may play with the other kids on the periphery, if they stay in CA I would bet he won't be forming any close friendships with anyone who is not Gothard.  Hence, the need for brothers and sisters.  Ready-made friends who are Gothard-approved.  Problem solved.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

I think Jill wants another baby not so that Izzy won't be spoiled, but so that Izzy will have somebody to be close to.  It sure isn't going to be his mom.

Well, Jill did have the ultimate role model for detached, uninvolved mothering. 

• Love 15

Jill wanted to be on a mission just like Derelict, who she met in a foreign land. No surprises from Derelict. Jill emphasized the Danger and discomfort of their 'mission' and received $. The entire mission as described by Jill was dangerous and uncomfortable to get the adoration, and now she seems to think it was too hard. Probably was, something shitty might have happened, but that was exactly what she was selling.  (Note: the people who live there don't get breaks, steady income for the inconveniences, armed guards.)

Jill is a shitty person who is now passively aggressively using the show to get sympathy to return to her parents and free 24/7 babysitting. Derelict should just move her back to avoid Zika, but no where near the TTH. These intruders flew down several times in those 10 months, they have no boundaries. Jill took all those Spanish lessons on her donors dime, and it was a local lady who did all the work with the abused women. Jill took a fake midwifery thing that is useless in DA, or she is useless in DA.

Don't stay too close to the TTH Derick. Move away, be a bookkeeper for a non-profit in Seattle or something. Jill will learn to parent her own children. She will learn to focus on her own family, and even if she never learns to love them like a mother, they still have D and he seems to be parenting ok.

I do worry that he is letting her take the lead in some of the discipline stuff and that he is not aware of the strangeness of things like 2 parents struggling with one child, or the playpen when he is right there and Izzy could be out wandering around in a place made safe with barriers, or that weird bundling in the heat that one time. He doesn't really have parenting experience, so maybe he doesn't realize that Jill is 'off'. I'm sure D's instinct is better than Jill's experience.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Derick is not Gothard though. 

He wasn't entirely Gothard when they first met, but he is JB-approved (so he MUST ascribe to the teachings enough to pass muster) and has since at least sipped the kool aid.   Of the two sons-in-law, I honestly think Ben is the least Gothard.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Marigold said:

Anna was older but I think Anna did OK in DC. She seemed to be pretty comfortable and we saw clips of her going the library and some play groups etc.

I think Jinger might be OK too...also because Jeremy has a normal background and will loosen her up a bit.  

Jessa?  I think Jessa could be OK with time.  She hasn't much experience but I think she has potential. She did look very uncomfortable with Flame but I suspect it had a lot to do with the genre of music.  I grew up IFB and anything other than "their approved music" starts flipping them out.  I can remember being VERY uncomfortable with rock music. Truthfully, I still dislike it and I hate the stuff my teens play...it still bothers me.    Jessa looked much better once the music wasn't the focus.  

Jill? I think Jill is a major mess.  She looks insecure and awkward.  My gut tells me she isn't too bright either.  She is also a clinger to Derick. Jill always looks like she is struggling nowadays.  Sad to be so young and newly married with a beautiful healthy child and look like you're hanging on by a thread.   

Anna was lucky and had already gone through the challenge of moving away from her friends and family so the move to DC wasn't a shock.  That came later when she discovered how pervy her headship was.  Plus there was an ounce of freedom away from JB and Michelle and having her sisterwives, oops, sisters-in-law to help wrangle the M&Ms didn't hurt.  

15 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

I think Jill wants another baby not so that Izzy won't be spoiled, but so that Izzy will have somebody to be close to.  It sure isn't going to be his mom.

I think she may want one but its only because she doesn't know there is a choice cause you know choices are the devils handiwork.

Edited by Natalie68
extra s was wrong!
  • Love 3

I noticed in the last couple of episodes that Jill doesn't wear her engagement ring. I swear she wore it when they left. I wonder if the incident that may have happened was a mugging. She didn't wear the ring after they returned home, but maybe it was just at the TTH and she hadn'tbeen there yet to retrieve it. I will certainly be looking for the ring in the clip show, because if the ring was kept in AR, she had plenty of time to get it since the end of taping in August.

• Love 1

Anna also moved to the big city, where the light and the water generally stay on, everyone at least tries to speak your language, and there are lots of fun opportunities for you and your family. Once she got over her initial fears of using public transportation with three littles, she did just fine. Thrived even.

Jill never looks to me like she's hanging on by a thread, she looks fine for the most part. But I wouldn't be surprised if she had some mild depression stemming from Izzy's birth, their quick move, the state of affairs at their house, and all of Josh's BS. She was the only one who showed any emotion other than anger of the sisters. Izzy took a long time to come and she eventually had to move to a hospital for the birth, she looked like she'd been ripped apart for a couple of months afterwards. She may appreciate the mission activity, but I don't think she bargained for the lack of AC, electricity, and water. Throw in the whole world knowing that you were molested by your own brother and your parents/TLC making you talk about it publicly and defend him, and I think I'd be hiding in a dark corner of a rubber room myself. She's been through a lot for someone so sheltered.

• Love 10

As bad as Jill looks on the couch of the previews for next week's clipshow, I can pretty much say she's not pregnant at this time. eta: It looks like Jill is wearing her engagement ring, so the mugging I suspected when I didn't see her ring didn't happen. If someone can blow it up to confirm, I can put that particular horror to rest and wonder what else could have happened to her in Danger America.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

As bad as Jill looks on the couch of the previews for next week's clipshow, I can pretty much say she's not pregnant at this time. eta: It looks like Jill is wearing her engagement ring, so the mugging I suspected when I didn't see her ring didn't happen. If someone can blow it up to confirm, I can put that particular horror to rest and wonder what else could have happened to her in Danger America.

I see a ring.

• Love 1

There's a new webisode on TLC.com "Jana and Jessa Prepare for Jill and Derick's Arrival"  http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/counting-on-videos/almost-home/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=countingontlc&sf39516083=1 

It gives a little more info about a couple of things, for instance a group of Duggars are going to go to Laredo and decorate Jing and Babe's apartment. And Jessa is boasting about all of her family's skills again. Also, Jill and Derick missed the flight from Dallas to NWA.

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Actually, all three look pretty good to me. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

It gives a little more info about a couple of things, for instance a group of Duggars are going to go to Laredo and decorate Jing and Babe's apartment.  

Jeez Louise, why can't Cringe and Babe do this on their own?  It's their first place together.  Part of the fun is setting up your own little nest when you get married, just the way the two of you like it.  They don't need any help.  

I suppose maybe they are just desperate for something to film that hasn't been done a hundred times already (not that a mob of people showing up to surprise decorate someone else's home is really new with this bunch ... they've done it at least twice before that I can recall - one of which was just last week - Jill's "guest house").  But the whole idea is just so .... suffocating.  

Is it a thing people do for their sisters in real life?   Because the LAST thing one of my sisters would want is me choosing colors and furniture and accessories for her house.  I know I've never heard of anyone else doing it, either. 

I'd rather watch Cringe and Babe wandering through Home Goods or Bed Bath and Beyond together picking out stuff and falling all over each other being sickeningly considerate, and just leave Jana and Joy and Jessa and Jill HOME.  

And it goes without saying that I want Michelle no where NEAR the goings on.  Especially her.

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Is it a thing people do for their sisters in real life?   Because the LAST thing one of my sisters would want is me choosing colors and furniture and accessories for her house.  I know I've never heard of anyone else doing it, either. 

I've never heard of it either. It's one thing to go shopping with a decorator or a friend who has a good eye for style, but your family coming in and doing your entire house for you? That would make me all kinds of stabby. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Jeez Louise, why can't Cringe and Babe do this on their own?  It's their first place together.  Part of the fun is setting up your own little nest when you get married, just the way the two of you like it.  They don't need any help.  

I suppose maybe they are just desperate for something to film that hasn't been done a hundred times already (not that a mob of people showing up to surprise decorate someone else's home is really new with this bunch ... they've done it at least twice before that I can recall - one of which was just last week - Jill's "guest house").  But the whole idea is just so .... suffocating.  

I'd rather watch Cringe and Babe wandering through Home Goods or Bed Bath and Beyond together picking out stuff and falling all over each other being sickeningly considerate, and just leave Jana and Joy and Jessa and Jill HOME.  

And it goes without saying that I want Michelle no where NEAR the goings on.  Especially her.

Well, the Bates sisters did it for their sister Michaela, so maybe not in real life but in Fundy life.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It's life in control-freak land. Nobody is allowed to have any personal taste, personal space, personal boundaries. If you did, you might start trying to call your soul your own. And we can't have that.

To prevent them from developing any sense of personhood, make sure that nobody gets the idea that their caves are things that belong to them. Whenever somebody needs to expand into a new cave, send a crowd of people over, most of whom don't even much like the residents of the cave they're visiting, and have that crowd furnish the cave completely according to Duggar parental principles. And then march off, soul-crushing mission completed, and nobody the wiser about that being what it was. No. It wasn't a control-freak thing! It was a gift! It was fun and kindness and the love of Jesus!

Bullshit. it's another one of their many many many individuality-squashing methods, none of which have anything to do with Jesus at all but come completely from the heads of psychologically warped control-maniacs like Bill Gothard and Jizm Bob Duggar. That's why you never hear of people doing stuff like this. Has nothing to do with some religious tradition like IFB or whatever. It's entirely out of the tradition of deeply psychologically warped people who must own all others in their vicinity or shrivel up and die. Luckily, that's a relatively small group of people. But television has had fun normalizing their sick and twisted behavior.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, the Bates sisters did it for their sister Michaela, so maybe not in real life but in Fundy life.

Well, Gothard life, cult life, anyway. I could be wrong, but I doubt this is a particularly widespread fundy Christian thing. These people are members of a cult of personality centered around a very warped control-freak evil person and populated by a lot of families with headships who have tendencies in the same direction.

Can't you just see this happening in any cult you've ever heard of, fundy Christian or not? It's all part of the game of overrunning people's individual personalities to build up the ego of the cult leader/leaders.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Poised, poised and then "huh?"

• Love 5
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I've never heard of it either. It's one thing to go shopping with a decorator or a friend who has a good eye for style, but your family coming in and doing your entire house for you? That would make me all kinds of stabby. 

My sister tries to do this and it is so annoying. I used to host family Christmas hols and she kept wanting to add to my already bulging ChristmasCloset.

A year ago our brother moved into a condo and even though she's 1200 miles away she's trying to order him all kinds of stuff to make his place look like she wants it to look. Then last Christmas that was what she wanted to do, drive places to decorate the new condo. 

It's not that she doesn't have good ideas but it can become overbearing. And, hey,  what's wrong with our tastes? Stabby, is right.

And we are so far from Fundy ...

7 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I'm going with the sun being in her eyes.

And since I'm on a family rant, my mom always does that. Okay everyone, stand facing the sun so your faces show in the pictures!

I have more pix of us squinting into the sun, like Jill, that most look like we're grimacing.

• Love 3