Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

So . . . the food he's offering people, according to the thread, is leftovers from home. I'm really curious if he is offering folks food that looks like what's on the blog and, if so, are there any takers?

• Love 18
4 hours ago, graefin said:

These two are obsessed with dating because in their cult, it's only allowed after marriage (to quote JB/Michelle) rather than before. These people are always one step behind in normal development than everyone else. So they "court," then get married, then have babies (typically immediately since they don't believe in birth control), then they "date" while married. And the marriage relationship comes first (before the parental relationship) because they got married first because that's logical.

There is nothing emotionally healthy about this, either in terms of what it says about the spousal relationship or what its effects on the kids are. You'd end up with more mature adults and parents if they approached dating in a heathen way, IMO. You can do that and still stay a virgin, you know (since that's obviously so important to them).

Omg I agree! When I saw this, i thought, "okay, Jill really wants to date. Too bad she couldn't do that before marriage!" I think the speculation is totally true that having Izzy so soon ruined their honeymoon period, and THAT is why they sit next to each other at dinner with the kids on the end, and all the other little things we have noticed. It's kind of sad, like seeing a thirteen-year-old couple saddled with kids suddenly, but even teen parents adapt to being parents, even when it means their relationship coming in second sometimes. I even agree that your marriage should be central in the family, and you shouldn't be all about the kids, but you should be able to sit with your kid between you for thirty minutes for practical reasons. The fact that Jill is so desperate to be alone with Derick that she is so flipping excited about entertainment at Sam's Club tells me all I need to know about how their kids "intrude" on their lives. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, lascuba said:

Realistically, you don't loan a family member money for credit card debt, because it's highly unlikely that they'd ever pay it back. You can give them the money if you want to, but expecting her to pay it back would be an exercise in frustration.

While the Duggars were definitely living below their means, at that time they didn't have that kind of cash to just give away. JB had wasted I forget how much on that Senate campaign by that point, they didn't have a regular series with TLC, and they were still working on the TTH on their own. If they had a million in assets, very little of it would have been liquid. And unless my sister--who I grew up with and am close to, unlike Michelle and any of her siblings--needs medical care or is on the verge of homelessness, I'm not about to sell property to give her money. Bankruptcy is no walk in the park, but it's a reasonable option when in that much debt. I know a couple of people who've done it, it sucks but they were able to build up after it.

We also don't know that Michelle's sister didn't ask for her help or that Michelle offered to help and her sister declined.  Just because Michelle might've been able to pay her sister's bills and prevent a bankruptcy doesn't mean her sister requested or would've accepted her help.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

We also don't know that Michelle's sister didn't ask for her help or that Michelle offered to help and her sister declined.  Just because Michelle might've been able to pay her sister's bills and prevent a bankruptcy doesn't mean her sister requested or would've accepted her help.

Could have been with strings attached but yes we don’t know 

• Love 3

If her sister couldn't or didn't want to try to pay off the debts on her own, then why would she want or be able to have to pay off Michelle (assuming Michelle and JB had the money)?  My step-father's family tried to treat him like the family slot machine thinking he should bail most of them out of the holes they'd created for themselves.  He fell for it a few times until he realized that if the family members couldn't or wouldn't pay their creditors, they were never going to pay him either.  I expect Jim Bob would see that kind of loan the same way.  You make it a gift or you let the person figure out their situation.

• Love 6

I'm not judging Michelle's sister, but I am saying that Michelle should not be judged for not paying her sister's debts.  There are many good reasons for not paying off debts for every family member that has financial difficulties.  

• Love 22
6 hours ago, graefin said:

These two are obsessed with dating because in their cult, it's only allowed after marriage (to quote JB/Michelle) rather than before. These people are always one step behind in normal development than everyone else. So they "court," then get married, then have babies (typically immediately since they don't believe in birth control), then they "date" while married. And the marriage relationship comes first (before the parental relationship) because they got married first because that's logical.

There is nothing emotionally healthy about this, either in terms of what it says about the spousal relationship or what its effects on the kids are. You'd end up with more mature adults and parents if they approached dating in a heathen way, IMO. You can do that and still stay a virgin, you know (since that's obviously so important to them).

Absolutely.  I watched the Jessa/Ben wedding episode, and even the guy that married them, and gave them pre-marital counseling, even said that kissing someone before marriage wasn't forbidden in the bible.  This thing about waiting to kiss, until marriage, is just bizarre, and I don't know why, since Ma & Pa Kettle did that before marrying, that they're so down on the whole idea.  And the clapping in church when they believe the couple waited for that?  I don't get it.

No doubt, Ma & Pa wanted to control their offspring forever by these stupid rules that they themselves, didn't have to live.  I can't even fathom doing that.  Guilt tripping seems to work for them, and it just puzzles me.

Edited by xwordfanatik
editing, and adding
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

As @kokapetl pointed out, Evelyn needed more like $45,000. And while I hate to defend a Duggar, it isn't their responsibility to bail a relative, or anyone else, out after his or her poorly considered racking up of credit card debt. It doesn't matter whether the Duggars are wealthy or not -- not their responsibility. 

If it were 45k of medical debt put on cards would you feel differently? Not saying it was, but Jill and Derick always remind me not to be too judgemental. I also can't blame Michelle for stockpiling as much cash as is humanly possible.

Back to Jill - I'm glad that poster mentions law school grades won't truly be known until the end of the semester. Pride goeth before a great fall, and Derick is really proud of his law career. Also, death penalty for rape? I wonder if shades of Josh color his views.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I'm sure he's all about the death penalty for liberal rapists. But for the "right kind christians" ones, all is forgiven. 

Not to get political, but I believe he even supports a few of them on SM. And not even the "right" kind of Christians, either. It doesn't seem to matter to him in all contexts.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

If it were 45k of medical debt put on cards would you feel differently? Not saying it was, but Jill and Derick always remind me not to be too judgemental. I also can't blame Michelle for stockpiling as much cash as is humanly possible.

Back to Jill - I'm glad that poster mentions law school grades won't truly be known until the end of the semester. Pride goeth before a great fall, and Derick is really proud of his law career. Also, death penalty for rape? I wonder if shades of Josh color his views.

Possibly.

I will say, and this is my experience only, that of the many people I've known who have filed bankruptcy (sister, father, ex-friend, friend's sister x 2, neighbor, uncle x 2, uncle x 3! Three!), only one was due to medical bills. The rest were living beyond their means; the neighbor, for instance, was unemployed and pulled equity out of her home to buy a $1400 designer mutt. The ex-friend borrowed money from me to get her electricity back on two weeks after spending over a thousand dollars on Christmas gifts for her two sons and her boyfriend. The sons got gifts from her, their father, four sets of grandparents, and more. 

All of us here are judgmental. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Possibly.

I will say, and this is my experience only, that of the many people I've known who have filed bankruptcy (sister, father, ex-friend, friend's sister x 2, neighbor, uncle x 2, uncle x 3! Three!), only one was due to medical bills. The rest were living beyond their means; the neighbor, for instance, was unemployed and pulled equity out of her home to buy a $1400 designer mutt. The ex-friend borrowed money from me to get her electricity back on two weeks after spending over a thousand dollars on Christmas gifts for her two sons and her boyfriend. The sons got gifts from her, their father, four sets of grandparents, and more. 

All of us here are judgmental. 

I would have to look up the actual statistics, but my understanding was that a tremendous number of bankruptcies in the US are due to mostly medical debt.  It's very easy to owe $45,000, even when one has medical insurance. Just the copays/ coinsurance can add up very quickly.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I would have to look up the actual statistics, but my understanding was that a tremendous number of bankruptcies in the US are due to mostly medical debt.  It's very easy to owe $45,000, even when one has medical insurance. Just the copays/ coinsurance can add up very quickly.

I've heard that statistic. I spoke only from personal experience. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/643000-bankruptcies-in-the-u-s-every-year-due-to-medical-bills/

• Love 2
On September 24, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Thorkim said:

Sam still looks pissed.

I think he was more likely flustered with attempting to dodge Josie, who'd been carrying him around in a precarious manner in the video.  She's even reaching at him in the picture.  He reminds me of my cat when she's clearly pissed at the little kid who's been holding her too long. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yeah, I have some OT that's not covered by insurance, and it's $225/session.  If I showed up every week but vacations (I haven't yet), I'd shell out $11,250/year.  Some people would probably even see it as "frivolous" - it's the sort of thing that doesn't "need to" be done at XYZ time, but my quality of life would go way down without it, and realistically speaking I know of no way that I'm going to have a year where I can pre-save that amount of money; so, credit cards it is.  When people need to do it and have no choice and no money, I've no idea what they do. My plan is supposedly top of the line, but I have to pay $7,500 out of my own pocket for out-of-network before the insurance company kicked in, and I can't imagine them running slower than they do already.  I don't think I've ever been caught up with their explanation of benefits in real time.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Dullard's classmate posted again. If you click the link you can read the whole thread. 

While wanting the death penalty for rapists is a bit extreme, I think it's understandable as his wife is an incest survivor.  To be honest, I far prefer his suggestion versus sending the offender off to Jesus camp and then Jesus forgives all.  Serial predators are serial predators - they rarely stop on their own.

In the current climate, I'm increasingly frustrated at the the number of serial sex offenders who never get punishment or even consequences.  Too many believe women were created for their use and amusement, and women should keep our mouths shut because boys will be boys.  Men need to get serious about this shit because women simply don't have the power to shut this down without a few good men pitching in.  It's one step forward two steps back.  Just look at current headlines. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Oh, I agree, that's why I said 'too judgemental'. I enjoy reading the views of others, and how they both confirm and challenge my views.

Same here. I just find it amusing that some people (not you) condemn Derelict or others for being judgmental when we're here doing the exact same thing. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I spoke only from personal experience.

Mine is very similar to yours except none of the bankruptcies of people I've known have truly been due to medical expenses.  One woman claimed hers was due to medical expenses, but she was way in over her head before the surgery from being part of, yeah you guessed it, a MLM venture and an inability to stop shopping.  She was barely squeaking by each month with more credit cards than she should have had and all of them maxed out, no bail out plan, and refusing everyone who tried to get her into financial counseling (offered free at our job).  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Mine is very similar to yours except none of the bankruptcies of people I've known have truly been due to medical expenses.  One woman claimed hers was due to medical expenses, but she was way in over her head before the surgery from being part of, yeah you guessed it, a MLM venture and an inability to stop shopping.  She was barely squeaking by each month with more credit cards than she should have had and all of them maxed out, no bail out plan, and refusing everyone who tried to get her into financial counseling (offered free at our job).  

The sole medical bills bankruptcy I mentioned was from having three children in 37 months without health insurance. Both parents were able-bodied and they lived in his mother's house that whole time, and their rent (if they paid any at all) was less than $400. People like them give a bad name to anybody who files bankruptcy as a very last resort. (They've since filed BK at least once more -- I suspect twice.) 

Topic: I'd like to hear Derelict's justification for capital punishment for rapists. I suspect it has little or nothing to do with protecting the victim. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I can definitely be judgmental, but I try not to be hypocritical.

EXACTLY! I'm judgmental as hell. Anyone who has a strong ethical stance on something is going to be judgmental to some degree. That isn't the problem. The problem is when you cross the line on what you personally have a problem with and what you think people should have the legal right to do.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wasn't JB quoted as saying something similar to Derick in regard to sexual assault deserving the death penalty, during his campaign?

He said incest should be a capital crime. And I think that would have been right around the time he found out about Josh.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Normades said:

Derrick's alleged death penalty opinion makes me think of the movie "A Time to Kill," where Matthew McConaughey's character asks the juror's to imagine the victim to be the same race as they are.  It makes me wonder how Derrick pictures this offender.  I'd wager he doesn't picture them as a white, khaki and polo wearing, church going, christian like himself.  Criminals are the other people and not his own.  Not that I feel rapists aren't vile and don't deserve long sentences, but I think Derrick would have a more difficult time condemning someone who was like himself. 

I have a feeling this is also true. Given his support for certain people I think if it was someone who looked and thought like him he’s think “No proof! The woman could be lying!” but if it was someone of another race, especially if the victim was a white Christian, it’s off with their head. 

It’s funny the law student said the assignment was to sentence within the parameters of the law.  Rape (while absolutely terrible and horrific) is not a capital offense. If he’s going to go in guns blazing on everything and not follow instructions, he’s going to have a rough time.  She also noted in the Reddit thread that they really won’t know how well they’re doing until the semester is over. I think Derick thinks he’s totally nailing it, and still has time to go one all the dates with Jill. Things might change a lot more for them come January when he realizes he’s not doing as well as he thinks he is. Mabye he’s doing well, but this bizarre answer to an assignment and his seemingly lax attitude towards studying suggests trouble may be ahead.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

If he gives away all Jill's food, he can get something from the vending machine!

Does he want his fellow students to suffer by giving them his food.

Just now, mimionthebeach said:

Rape and incest. Clearly a case of protesting too much. 

It is funny how the Duggars think it is alright to punish someone else, but they lie through their teeth and cover up the fact their own son molested four of his sisters more than once. Hypocrites...

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, Heathen said:

As @kokapetl pointed out, Evelyn needed more like $45,000. And while I hate to defend a Duggar, it isn't their responsibility to bail a relative, or anyone else, out after his or her poorly considered racking up of credit card debt. It doesn't matter whether the Duggars are wealthy or not -- not their responsibility. 

What is the difference between what happened with Michelle's sister and JB spending $250,000 on a failed Senate race while getting handouts and his family living in a cramped house with less money for food, clothing, etc. etc. Pot meet the kettle.

2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

If every time they leave the house, it's a date, why do they think dating for the rest of us is all sex with random strangers?

That's actually a very good question. Is jana on a date when she goes to Lowes with another girl?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

If every time they leave the house, it's a date, why do they think dating for the rest of us is all sex with random strangers?

That's actually a very good question. Is jana on a date when she goes to Lowes with another girl?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Heathen said:

Same here. I just find it amusing that some people (not you) condemn Derelict or others for being judgmental when we're here doing the exact same thing. 

I try to empathize with the offending Duggars, and I don’t write people off. Plus I always read the tabloid tales with a lot of suspicion. There’s a lot of lazy rehashed old news gussied up with sensationalism when it comes to the Duggars. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 6

I think Jill is either taking advice from Jessa or copying her SM. Jessa posted a video of the boys wrestling with Ben and also posted a pic of her boys in a shopping cart, a while back.

Derick probably thinks of criminals the same way kids think of stranger danger. A big scary being, that's ugly with the word BAD tattooed of their forehead.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Trillium said:

It’s funny the law student said the assignment was to sentence within the parameters of the law.  Rape (while absolutely terrible and horrific) is not a capital offense. If he’s going to go in guns blazing on everything and not follow instructions, he’s going to have a rough time.  

Since he seems to be the kind of guy who thinks God's law trumps man's law, I wonder how is going to navigate through law school. 

• Love 7

According to the Reddit user verified to be one of Derick’s classmates, OfDerick was in class with him again today. 

He’s been given the gift of being accepted into law school, and all he seems to be doing is strutting around campus with his wife and posting about it on SM. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 18

I wonder what Jill does in class. How she behaves? Is she quiet and studious, trying to get what she can out of it, or is she a distraction to Derick (and the other students)? 

Maybe she only goes in long enough to get a photo with Dreck and then wanders the halls.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

https://www.etonline.com/news/178361_exclusive_jill_duggar_dillard_on_why_she_can_t_go_to_school_anymore?amp

This Video is from 2015. Jill mentions that she can’t go to school with Derick anymore. 

These are reasons why I think Derick likes having a clingy succubus, because one thinks at some point, he otherwise would have noticed that instead of getting a wife, he's basically got himself a third (first) child.  How did she ever manage to increase her attention span long enough to study for a GED on her own?  Or pass any kind of test, even a paper midwife test?  

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Trillium said:

According to the Reddit user verified to be one of Derick’s classmates, OfDerick was in class with him again today. 

He’s been given the gift of being accepted into law school, and all he seems to be doing is strutting around campus with his wife and posting about it on SM. 

Thank you for your posted link last time, but it brings me to the basic Duggar site.  Does this classmate tend to post under a specific thread?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Thank you for your posted link last time, but it brings me to the basic Duggar site.  Does this classmate tend to post under a specific thread?

I believe this is the latest one:

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6