Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Twins come from the mother releasing more than one egg or the fertilized egg splitting.  Josh's genes have no impact on Anna.  She would have to have inherited the tendency to release more than one egg.

• Love 1

Having identical twins isn't hereditary. She'd have just as much of a chance to have identical twins as anyone else. Now, identical twins only account for, I think, a third of all twins. Unlikely, yes, but certainly not close to impossible.

And, if Josh's family has twins running in the family, he could pass that to his daughters, so his daughters would be more likely to have fraternal twins.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 1

'Snap' - I mean snap into reality. Imagine if Anna has triplets this summer. By next summer she could have another baby. Doubling his family size in a year could be rough on Josh. Imagine the aging.

Imagine the belly fat on ole Josh, due to his stress and cortisol levels going through the roof.

He picked a girl like Mama who wanted a gazillion kids though, and if he's not man enough to tell her "ENOUGH!", then it's on him.

• Love 4

Anna is known for saying that 8 children is A GOOD START....what the heck did Joshie expect? I certainly hope all of Anna's kids are happy and healthy, but I hope she's having twin BOYS...how is that sister/nanny method going to work with that? I'm sure there are fundy families out there who have a slew of boys up front. I wonder what they do?

IMO, it isn't right to give a child the responsibility of another human being, especially one that is still a baby...they can learn responsibility for themselves, like doing small chores each day, etc., nothing that can harm them if done incorrectly or not up to adult standards, but give a 10 year old the responsibility of a baby like Jill getting Joy Anna? Simply unreal and irresponsible of Michelle, surprised Grandma didn't step in and voice HER opinion, those are, after all, her grandchildren and I'm sure she would have been concerned about their safety and welfare...Anna needs to be careful what she dumps on Mac...hopefully she will read some of these comments and wake up.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1631191/anna-duggar-discusses-how-she-faked-faith-to-appease-others-i-was-just-acting-like-a-christian-video/

An article from last fall that I haven't seen until today, and I watch these people pretty closely. I can't watch the video portion because it freezes my laptop, but the article states that Anna pretty much "faked" her faith for much of her youth. It interestingly states that she came to faith by fear (kind of like what Jessa was trying to pull with that Facebook stunt the other day). She didn't want to die unsaved; she had been trained to understand that would mean going to hell. 

What a sad way to live and to come to true belief. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Sew Sumi, that isn't so unusual among young people who were raised in the faith. I know a handful of people who did the same thing. They weren't pressured by their parents, they just kind of went through the motions bc the kids were raised in the culture of Christianity and it seemed like "the right thing to do". Many come to true faith as adults and they've stopped leaning on their parents faith; they encounter Christ independently from their family.
  • Love 1

I watched that awful video myself.....what are Priscilla and Anna speaking to 5 year olds? I can't believe that these are young women in their 20s. I was pretty much disgusted by it, not inspired by it at all...They basically said they were goated in to fear, not the way I think the Almighty wants us to come to Him at all. I also think it somewhat abusive to put such fright in to a small child as they all seem to do...Jinger's awful video stated the same mindset to me, how can a kid around 10 years old be such an awful sinner and frightened in to hell? Awful, awfull, teaching IMO.

• Love 3

And since the timeline of this show is somewhere in September or early October (since they've now gotten Jill to 12 weeks gestation), I expect this real-time gender announcement to occur at the very end of the second episode, or even during the Little People show afterward, to boost that show's ratings. I believe they did the same thing with the announcement of M4. 

(edited)

I'd say either:

Gender reveal

Twins or triplet announcement

Divorce (improbable....maybe)

Moving and/or career advancement

Spinoff show

Oh, I'm rooting for a spinoff! More snark, and bc it can't be said enough I adore Mac & Michael! :)

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1
I watched that awful video myself.....what are Priscilla and Anna speaking to 5 year olds? I can't believe that these are young women in their 20s. I was pretty much disgusted by it, not inspired by it at all...They basically said they were goated in to fear, not the way I think the Almighty wants us to come to Him at all. I also think it somewhat abusive to put such fright in to a small child as they all seem to do...Jinger's awful video stated the same mindset to me, how can a kid around 10 years old be such an awful sinner and frightened in to hell? Awful, awfull, teaching IMO.

Yeah, I've been reading this book, Breaking Their Will, which is about religious child maltreatment, and there's an entire chapter on this sort of thing. Telling a young kid that they're damned unless they repent and get saved can really do a number on that kid's psyche. Unfortunately, it isn't all that unusual. 

The whole "you're a terrible sinner and damned to hell" is often the least of a religious child's worries. I should know. If nothing else, these stories tell you that all pass by about ten. That's before puberty. THAT is when the fireworks usually start.

(edited)

Maybe since we know what the mender is that isnt the big announcement?

Why would they put it on people if that is the big news???

Also I know its been a tough winter for the NE ( from Midwest here) but dang Josh looks pale and kinda unhealthy. Hopefully he can spend sometime outside soon!!

I can't snark on just on paleness because I am suffering right along in the winter months but he just looks worn out

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 2
(edited)

Please-don't-name her-after-Michelle-Please-don't-name-her-after-Michelle.

I remember Meredith Viera teasing about naming an M-baby after her. I'd actually LMAO is they named the new baby after a celebrity, instead of MEchelle. 

In additions to the variations on the name Mary, there's also hyphenating Mary with other names. to modernize it. Mary-Kate, Mary-Claire, Mary-Elizabeth. Grandma Duggar deserves recognition before MEchelle. 

Here is the "big" announcement the sex of the baby:

http://www.people.co...ebook_peoplemag

Okay, have to say, Mac's wide eyes and lip licking when Smuggar opened the cupcake box is one of the cutest things ever. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 2

I feel kinda bad for being disappointed that they're having a girl. I really didn't want that little one having to be saddled down with raising the future Duggars that will inevitably come after her.

I think Josh and Anna should lay the off the cupcakes. Josh wolfed his down pretty fast and I'd wager he had more immediately after.

Marcus was so cute just pinching off little bits and eating them. These kids make my heart swoon. But I wish J & A would slow down now and table having any more kids for 4 or 5 years.

• Love 4

I had to laugh at how doofy Josh looked as he was speaking. Even after all of these years, he's still not used to these scripted announcements.

Congrats to them. I personally would be done after 2 girls and 2 boys, but I am not them.

• Love 2
The whole "you're a terrible sinner and damned to hell" is often the least of a religious child's worries.

True, but that doesn't mean it isn't still fucked up on its own.
They said "We're close to announcing a name". Do Smuggar and Anna think they're royalty or something?

They're totally fundie royalty, and we should be so blessed as to hear what names they shall bestow upon the newest soldier in the Duggar army.

While I think Molly is an adorable name, I do hope they go with Mary to honor grandma.  And Anna can use just about any girl's name she likes to hyphenate/go with it, that doesn't start with the required "M."  So MaryAnne or MaryClaire or MaryEmma would be a good way to get around their "rule."  Michael is so darn cute!

Maybe it's a good sign that they didn't start off by giving firstborn girl Mac Mechelle's name. Hopefully just having an "M" theme for all their kids is enough to properly honor Clown Car. But both grandfathers were honored with Michael's name, so I assume at some point both grandmothers will be too. I like the idea of using Mary, though. Anna's mom's name is Suzette, so she's out of the running for first name, though possibly a middle name. Michelle's middle name is Annette, so they could potentially use that as a middle at some point if they didn't want to use Michelle.

Also I know its been a tough winter for the NE ( from Midwest here) but dang Josh looks pale and kinda unhealthy. Hopefully he can spend sometime outside soon!!

I can't snark on just on paleness because I am suffering right along in the winter months but he just looks worn out

It hasn't been Winter that's made Josh look pale. He's been looking pasty and unwell for the last two years, for the most part...

• Love 2

It hasn't been Winter that's made Josh look pale. He's been looking pasty and unwell for the last two years, for the most part...

Yeah, he always looks unhealthy to me. He should go back to working with that personal trainer. He can certainly afford it.

• Love 1

Naw, People spoiled the M4 announcement the same way, before the Tuesday Night "Special Announcement" on TLC. TLC still aired the "We're Pregnant!" bit during the 10:00 show. I have a feeling this will play out the same way.

• Love 1

Looking at the photo in the People 'sex reveal' article, here are my thoughts.  Anna looks quite attractive, Josh is neither handsome nor ugly, Mackynzynzyzne is totally adorable, Michael is cute, but poor little Marcus...... he's just not a cute baby.  Sorry for the snark.

• Love 1

Anna looks even more different to me in that People picture. Her facial features have changed so much from when we first saw her.

I know I'll be interested to hear the announcement of their new baby's name. Won't a lot of us?

I thought the same thing. Maybe it's the pregnancy, but Anna looks very different to me. Her face doesn't have that "pinched" look anymore, it's rounder.

(edited)

Parents who named their first daughter Mackynzie probably won't be looking to name a second daughter something ordinary like Mary or Molly. I'm expecting a name like Madisyn or Mallory but will be pleasantly surprised if they go the more traditional route. Just, please, no Michelle (although it woud be a fitting tribute to her if they named the kid Mullet.)

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 2

I kind of wonder how the next few years will go with Josh and Anna in regards to the tv show. Assuming he is working full time at his DC job, he can't take that much time to film the shows, unlike Jim Bob and Michelle, who seem to have not worked at a real job since the show started 11 years ago. Anna has no plans to be anything besides a homemaker, so how much can the show do with following her and the kids around to their various activities that we haven't already seen with the original Duggar family? Michelle had it much easier even 11 years ago than Anna does now because of all the older girls , who were then teens, doing the majority of the household chores. It appears that all Michelle took on then was the homeschooling, plus Jim Bob was around most of the time, too. Life will definitely be harder for Anna for at least the next 5-8 years unless they slow down the baby train.

• Love 1