Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I don't even care. They can all kiss my ass. Abuse apologists.

I do find this family's fertility and pregnancies to be the least interesting thing about them, honestly. I mean, after the first dozen or so babies, it's all just same old, same old. 

I know, Anna and Josh are ~only up to their fourth, but they all just blend together for me. 

• Love 2

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy there are people harassing Josh on those posts. He will delete and block them of course, but it was still out there.

It seems the place to keep taking them to task for their hypocrisy and fame-whore ways is on their official Facebook pages, by replying under a positive comment. They'd have to delete the entire comment thread to delete the dissenting posts under it. While I haven't commented there personally, it's been most satisfying to see the negative posts remain, because they're in reply to a fawner.

• Love 5

I don't really do the book of face, but isn't there some way they can lock some of this down to friends only? It kind of sucks that a new mother has to be scared to look at her birth announcement.

• Love 8
(edited)

That baby definitely has a what the what? vibe.

I just watched the video (audio off, it helps), and whatever dreams they have of a roll-your-own show, the production values aren't there.  At the very least, clean up that mess behind them - boxes and trash bags?

The little kid they picked up near the end must be an M (nope, won't turn on the audio), because he looked well-nourished and well-groomed.  Also, he appeared to flash the peace sign right at the end - you rock, little M!

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 4
(edited)
I think every baby should be welcomed.

Welcomed, sure. Doesn't mean that it's suddenly more interesting to me, not after already seeing this family pimp out multiple pregnancies on television. After a while, the novelty wears off. I don't begrudge others who still find it interesting, I'm just saying that I don't. 

That baby definitely has a what the what? vibe.

She's side-eyeing the WTFery she's been born into. Smart kid. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 24

I don't really do the book of face, but isn't there some way they can lock some of this down to friends only? It kind of sucks that a new mother has to be scared to look at her birth announcement.

No, they won't do that. They thrive on the lavish blind praise of their fans. They insist on public social media accounts and complain when people criticize them, or what they post, there. I'm playing the world's smallest violin for them.

• Love 11

I think every baby should be welcomed.

Yep, as someone 'precious and special' (appropriate in this instance). I wish JB had just welcomed baby M and not pulled out the abacus to tally his score.  

• Love 18

I feel sorry for all of Anna's children.  No child deserves to be born into such a shit show of a life with a creeper for a father.

Going back to the father's day post, the kids seemed to be lined up more in a littles up front, bigs to the back.  With Michelle standing, they were pretending she was serving the kids.  Yet more evidence it was staged. She would need a little lie down after doing sooo much work.

In the baby announcement, Michelle's voice got so high she woke up my cats.  Talk about a WTF face.  One is still looking at me like he doesn't trust he won't be subjected to the horror again.   

• Love 16

I, too feel bad for the 4Ms. When they're old enough to access the internet it will be hard on them. I hope J & A prepare them somewhat for what they will come across. Even now with Mac heading toward 6 years old, if a rude comment is made in public, she'd be able to figure out it is meant to be mean.

• Love 10

Glad Anna and baby Meredith are healthy. Oh my Gosh, JB talks to us like we are all 5 years old, and MeChelle has to stick her big ego into everything. Love how JB shows us his amazing math with his fingers. So now that's their claim, "5 Grandkids and Counting"- is that the title of their (hopeful) spinoff?

• Love 3

I think Meredith Grace is a lovely name.

So do I. And the middle name is very appropriate. They need as much grace as is available to them at this point in their lives.

• Love 10

OMG. Some disclosure: my name is Meredith. I remembered watching an episode when they were pregnant for the first time and went to the Today Show when Meredith Veira was still there, and they mentioned something along the lines of liking that name. So ever since they mentioned that, I had this sneaking suspicion that this baby would be named Meredith, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be!!

• Love 3
(edited)

As an aside, I know that I'm coming at this from a biased perspective, not being a kid person in general, but the idea of being 27 and having four children ages 6 and under? *shudder* Of course, if you really like kids, more power to you, but what I have an issue with is how it's treated as a mandate.

I'm 99% sure I would have had a nervous breakdown if I were in Anna's position. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 18

I've only seen a handful of 19 Kids and Counting episodes, but one I'll never forget was Anna carting her children around DC by herself, I think on some errands and to the park. She was as squeaky and high-pitched as ever with the "I'm really learning and enjoying this new challenge in my life!" stuff, but the look on her face and the footage of her trying to deal with everything was totally heartbreaking. 

• Love 10

Welcomed, sure. Doesn't mean that it's suddenly more interesting to me, not after already seeing this family pimp out multiple pregnancies on television. After a while, the novelty wears off. I don't begrudge others who still find it interesting, I'm just saying that I don't. 

She's side-eyeing the WTFery she's been born into. Smart kid. 

She has Izzy's WTF face for sure.

• Love 3
(edited)

Meredith? Ugghhh... Not a fan. Maybe the next one will be Myrtle? Mildred?[/quote

]

Me neither, it's kind of an outdated name. It's weird that Anna went trendy with MacKenzie and old-fashioned with Meredith.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1
(edited)
I'll never forget was Anna carting her children around DC by herself, I think on some errands and to the park.

Ack, just the thought is making me tired. Whenever I visit relatives in California, I babysit my baby niece in order to give my mom/her grandma (and the regular babysitter) a break. After a mere two hours, I'm exhausted. I don't know how Anna (or any other young mother to multiple kids) does it. 

I fully admit that I am a total wimp, though.

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 4

Meredith is cute, I see some Mac in her for sure. And Anna looks pretty good for someone who delivered a few hours ago. The room they are in doesn't look familiar to me.

I think Anna looks pretty amazing.  And the baby is adorable.  Welcome Meredith Grace.

• Love 4
(edited)

I've only seen a handful of 19 Kids and Counting episodes, but one I'll never forget was Anna carting her children around DC by herself, I think on some errands and to the park. She was as squeaky and high-pitched as ever with the "I'm really learning and enjoying this new challenge in my life!" stuff, but the look on her face and the footage of her trying to deal with everything was totally heartbreaking. 

Oh, that was just for the cameras and the film crew was with them.  Anna had absolutely no reason to drag a passel of kids to downtown Washington, unless it was a command performance at the FRC.  I raised two kids in the Washington area and there was no need to go into the city unless it was a school trip or a family trip to the zoo, etc.  I remember that ridiculous show when Anna was looking for a rental home in the city. Silly.

Edited by riverblue22

Oh, that was just for the cameras and the film crew was with them.  Anna had absolutely no reason to drag a passel of kids to downtown Washington, unless it was a command performance at the FRC.  I raised two kids in the Washington area and there was no need to go into the city unless it was a school trip or a family trip to the zoo, etc.  I remember that ridiculous show when Anna was looking for a rental home in the city. Silly.

I agree.  At the time I thought it was insane.  I really can't remember precisely, but wasn't she taking them to a park or something of that nature.  I may be confusing it with another episode.  I can't believe she wouldn't just take them to a nearby park or in her own spacious backyard.  

I would bet money that she never did that again- when TLC cameras were not filming. 

• Love 2

Dear step-daughter's name is Meredith. Precious great-grandmother's name was Mildred. Your point?

It's just my personal preference. I'm not a fan of old timey names and I find it an odd name for a millennial baby. For the record, I was born with an "old fashioned" name. My name peaked in popularity in 1934.

And the comments on People.com are absolutely viscous.

Here's the thing: The Duggars choose to put their lives out there. No, the baby has no choice but if this were me in this situation I would lay WAY low in order to shield my new baby and little children from the onslaught.

The Duggars are addicted to the attention. The public is letting them know in no uncertain terms that the incident and its handling and subsequent efforts (Megyn Kelly interview, etc) are unacceptable and unwelcome.

Sorry but not sorry.

• Love 24

MEchelle looked like an animal with her neck going back and forth so many times.  She wanted to interrupt Boob so many times and talk about her own births.  She must be really pissed right now.  

Her uterus is not performing and other members of the family are getting blessings.  

I loved the way she pretended to be interested in her grand baby Michael.  He wanted nothing to do with her.  I'm not sure what he was asking for - but to me, he wanted to get away from both of them.  She kept trying to keep him sweet and have him copy her words.  LOL  MEchelle the lunatic!  

• Love 7
(edited)

I think the plot they'd devised for that  Anna In DC episode went something like Joshie had a meeting with the brass at the FRC, and Anna was charged with having to kill a couple of hours in the Big, Bad City. This was before they had (supposedly) found their place in MD; they were going to go "househunting." Okey doke...

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

It's just my personal preference. I'm not a fan of old timey names and I find it an odd name for a millennial baby. For the record, I was born with an "old fashioned" name. My name peaked in popularity in 1934.

Last year's most popular baby names were all pretty old school. The most popular boy's name was Noah, of all things (can't get more antediluvian than that. Pun sort of intended. I'll just slink out now).

• Love 7

I know quite a few 30 year old Merediths, and a few toddler ones. I didn't think it was an old fashioned name at all.

As for Mildred "old names" are making a comeback for the millenials who don't want to use names made up in the last 10 years.  Gloria is pretty high on our list, for instance. (The only other one I know is an 85 year old lady!)

I like Meredith.  I wonder if she was named after the TV host though?

• Love 9

Meridith Grace, sounds nice I guess.  Could be worse.  I always wondered why all of the original Duggar boys had biblical names but all of the girls (I think) had just mainstream non biblical names.  Every one of the kids names a favorite biblical character and it's always a man of course - except for Jana who says one of her faves is Esther.   But back on topic - Meridith Grace sounds alright.

• Love 2

OMG. Some disclosure: my name is Meredith. I remembered watching an episode when they were pregnant for the first time and went to the Today Show when Meredith Veira was still there, and they mentioned something along the lines of liking that name. So ever since they mentioned that, I had this sneaking suspicion that this baby would be named Meredith, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be!!

I hear you NP. I have a J name and hoped for the last 4 girls they wouldn't use my name. Fortunately for me no Duggar has my name. BTW, I love the name Meredith, it is strong and soft at the same time.

• Love 6

I know a lot of Merediths and I'm surprised to hear that it's considered 'old.' I'd never heard that before. Pretty name. I hope her life isn't as hard as I'm afraid it's going to be.

• Love 10

Honestly, I hear Meredith and I think Greys Anatomy. That's my fault though. She's so cute, too. By far the cutest Duggar grandkid (Sorry, Iz)

Was she the heaviest/biggest MBaby? (I know it doesn't really matter but I want to know.)

• Love 3

Me neither, it's kind of an outdated name. It's weird that Anna went trendy with MacKenzie and old-fashioned with Meredith.

It's more popular than you might think. Grey's Anatomy brought it back somewhat. It's not Bella/Elsa popular, but I've seen more than a few people choose it.

I always feel for kids born into crappy circumstances. They don't ask to be here and someday she'll learn what was going on right before her birth. No child should learn that about a parent, poor lil nugget.

• Love 7