Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

From Anna’s, “There’s more to the story” post:

In Josh’s motion for acquittal, Josh’s attorneys argued that the prosecution failed to present evidence that Josh “knew that the visual depictions were of a minor engaging in (I deleted this part) conduct.” 

Also, “The evidence at trial established that certain files allegedly found on the HP desktop computer were never viewed by any user of the computer and that all the files at issue had been deleted shortly after being downloaded.”.

Sure, Jan. What a reach! Anna is delusional and I still don’t believe she knows the details of those videos. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

For Josh's sentencing, does it matter if he "viewed" the material? Just playing devil's advocate, can they claim that it was accidentally downloaded and he didn't know about it and therefore didn't indulge in it at all, thus making a lighter sentence? Or was it proven in the trial that he knowingly had it and viewed it?

I believe that the law states that it is the downloading of the files that is a crime, so it doesn't matter if he watched or not; simply putting them on his computer was illegal.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

32 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Sure, Jan. What a reach! Anna is delusional and I still don’t believe she knows the details of those videos. 

I don't think she even cares about the details. Her husband being convicted of a crime is messing with the ideal life her adherence to hateful beliefs was supposed to guarantee her.

The "best" case scenario, in terms of Josh's downloading those videos, is that he was curious about them after reading about them in the dark web and when he saw them he realized he wasn't interested and never viewed or downloaded anything like that again. That still means he was curious enough to seek out and download CSAM in the first place, which is still morally repugnant and a crime. But Anna doesn't care--she just keeps playing the fundie "all sex sins are equal" game and going "gotcha!" to the world. She really is a lost cause.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't think she even cares about the details. Her husband being convicted of a crime is messing with the ideal life her adherence to hateful beliefs was supposed to guarantee her.

The "best" case scenario, in terms of Josh's downloading those videos, is that he was curious about them after reading about them in the dark web and when he saw them he realized he wasn't interested and never viewed or downloaded anything like that again. That still means he was curious enough to seek out and download CSAM in the first place, which is still morally repugnant and a crime. But Anna doesn't care--she just keeps playing the fundie "all sex sins are equal" game and going "gotcha!" to the world. She really is a lost cause.

She should know the details since she has 7 very young kids to protect, but as you said, she just doesn’t care. I hope he won’t be permitted to live with them when he gets out of prison, but he probably will 🥲.

• Love 6

One of the prosecution documents (I forget which one, it's on Dropbox) lists in detail the titles of the videos.  They are pretty explicit and also contain some codewords familiar to the pedophile community.  There is no doubt whatsoever that he knew what was in the videos. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Anna needs to open her eyes, and think about her children. Whether she sticks by Josh or not, she has a lot to deal with the next few weeks, and years. 

Unfortunately, I doubt she will open her eyes. She is sticking by Josh-u-a no matter what. And her children will be dead last.

• Love 8

And unfortunately, I don't think she'll be dealing, in the real sense of the word, with anything.  She'll keep trying to live blissfully ignorantly in her little bubble.

• Love 8

Preemptive reminder:

Discussing the trial transcripts is allowed- but the inclusion of graphic content will not be tolerated. Do not attempt to include graphic content by using spoiler tags- violators will be warned.

• Love 9

Miss Balls is claiming Anna and Michelle have "moved on" from the tragedy that is Josh because they smiled and had some fun. What kind of warped reality does she live in? Most folks don't have the same emotion, 24/7, for months at a time. And Josh isn't dead - he committed a crime.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Miss Balls is claiming Anna and Michelle have "moved on" from the tragedy that is Josh because they smiled and had some fun. What kind of warped reality does she live in? Most folks don't have the same emotion, 24/7, for months at a time. And Josh isn't dead - he committed a crime.

Good thing there weren’t any pictures taken at my uncle’s wake recently. There were tears, there were smiles, and if you can believe it, laughter too.

Miss Balls lives in an alternate universe.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Good thing there weren’t any pictures taken at my uncle’s wake recently. There were tears, there were smiles, and if you can believe it, laughter too.

It's probably the Universe Of What Will Be The Most Successful Click Bait....... 

Not a lot of room in that Universe for any other criteria.....And after somebody's moved into that universe, you don't usually see any other kinds of thinking or observing from them....I've seen a lot of people who I'm pretty sure don't even believe their own headlines. .... Yet their clickbait-y headlines keep appearing....Dunno what the case is with Balls-y, since I don't think I've seen more than about 20 minutes of her stuff, total, but I think it's pretty clear she's a Click Bait Universer, in any case. ....So accurate or thoughtful observation aren't high on her to-do list. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I swear, people learn about human emotion from fan faction written by 12 year olds. Even if Josh was dead, smiling for a picture some months afterward wouldn't be a sign of anything. And not because it's Josh, but because grief and sadness doesn't mean sobbing 24/7 for a year.

• Love 19

When my dad died I had a cousin come from out of state to the visitation.  I was laughing with her and her husband over some memories. Later I found out my mom's sister said "she was having a good time laughing with (dad's) family" (my mom was out of the room at the time).  Hell yes, they are my family too and after watching my dad die of cancer (and crying back and forth from the state I lived in to the state where my parents lived) it was wonderful to have some fun memories.  To quote Steel Magnolias “Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion."

Apparently Miss Balls has never been on any type of emotional rollercoaster.  Maybe the fact the trial is over, Anna and Michelle had a moment of being able to just breathe.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, MEshelle was once mother of the year, don’t you remember? 😆 And Anna follows right behind her. Pathetic.

3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Well, MEshelle was once mother of the year, don’t you remember? 😆 And Anna follows right behind her. Pathetic.

Speaking of.   I've been randomly wondering.   Other than Anna having 7 kids have any of the other Duggars followed in the parental footsteps and had a lot of kids?   From my vague knowledge most of the kids only had 2 or 3, which is not a lot in their world.

45 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Speaking of.   I've been randomly wondering.   Other than Anna having 7 kids have any of the other Duggars followed in the parental footsteps and had a lot of kids?   From my vague knowledge most of the kids only had 2 or 3, which is not a lot in their world.

Jessa has four and her youngest is under one. Kendra has at least 3, all of who are under 4 and everyone else has two or less, with Jill expecting her third. But Anna was married in 2008 the rest of the marriages are between 2014 and now, so Anna is 6 years ahead of Jessa and Jill and 9 or 10 years ahead of the majority of kidDuggar parents.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/18/2022 at 11:13 PM, GeeGolly said:

Ugh. On the outside to some people I may look like I have “moved on” from Sweet Son’s death but on the inside it is a different matter.  I have practiced an expression that doesn’t look like it is on the verge of tears and some canned responses to stupid questions and comments. 

• Love 17
On 4/18/2022 at 10:05 AM, ginger90 said:

Also, “The evidence at trial established that certain files allegedly found on the HP desktop computer were never viewed by any user of the computer and that all the files at issue had been deleted shortly after being downloaded.”.

This is the defense of every perv who is convicted for CP.  Also, when you are mass downloading files, some don't get opened.  As for the deletion, it's what we call downloading and deleting.  You download the file, watch it, get your jollies, and then delete it.  They think deleting it absolves them of culpability.  It's all possession.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
On 4/18/2022 at 5:27 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

One of the prosecution documents (I forget which one, it's on Dropbox) lists in detail the titles of the videos.  They are pretty explicit and also contain some codewords familiar to the pedophile community.  There is no doubt whatsoever that he knew what was in the videos. 

I can't stress this enough. Trust me when I say that only a pedophile knows these terms.  You don't stumble across them under any circumstances in normal life.

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa has four and her youngest is under one. Kendra has at least 3, all of who are under 4 and everyone else has two or less, with Jill expecting her third. But Anna was married in 2008 the rest of the marriages are between 2014 and now, so Anna is 6 years ahead of Jessa and Jill and 9 or 10 years ahead of the majority of kidDuggar parents.

Kendra is young and still has plenty of time. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Kendra is young and still has plenty of time. 

And is rumored to be knocked up again, based on some screenshots from Jer and Hannah's wedding.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
It's jer!
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2022 at 3:35 PM, merylinkid said:

Anna’s been married the longest. I could see Joe/Kendra or Joy-Anna/Austin following in Michelle/JB’s footsteps just given the age the women were when they married and how quickly they have been conceiving. 

Jessa does not conceive as routinely as Anna (who’s consistently given birth on odd years since her marriage), but I could see her hitting 7-8 kids. 

On 4/19/2022 at 3:56 PM, GeeGolly said:

Yup. 

• Love 1

Just guessing, but I expect the number of kids per couple is going to end up being a very sore spot for Anna. Having a large and growing family was something she seemed to take pride in, and I think it will be hard for her if more of her siblings and any of the Duggarlings end up with more kids than she has. 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, quarks said:

Just guessing, but I expect the number of kids per couple is going to end up being a very sore spot for Anna. Having a large and growing family was something she seemed to take pride in, and I think it will be hard for her if more of her siblings and any of the Duggarlings end up with more kids than she has. 

Too bad, so sad for Anna. She chose to stand by the fat fuck felon when even his own family members are distancing themselves. I hope he gets about 10 years, which would put Anna at 43/44. Her mother had her last at that age, so M8 would be a possibility, but an outside one at best. If he gets a lesser sentence, she could possibly make it to 9. 

Many of her sisters in law could reach (and pass) that benchmark with relative ease. 

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder if Smugs is happy in jail.  After all he has no responsibilities?

Smuggar's always been a lazy sack of shit. I'm sure he loves being able to sit around and do nothing. But I think that changes when he is moved to Club Fed. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

No control, limited access to snacks and TV and no access to the internet.  He seems to enjoy napping, but, otherwise, he is probably bored as sh**. Good.

Yes but I don't think jail/ prison is a nice,quiet restful place conducive to napping. I think is is afraid, bored and angry. That does not make for a stable human especially when you factor in the fact he honestly may think what he did was not wrong, after all HE did not do those acts he was viewing. By the way..I do not agree with that thought process..I think he should be under the jail not in it.

• Love 9

The Family Felon seems to be able to regularly deny reality and make the best of his situations. I'm guessing he's doing okay during the day, but as he falls asleep I think he is miserable, scared and angry.

But there is that pesky need for deviant sexual experiences that is going unfulfilled.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think a lot of people get upset when they feel someone gets a light prison sentence (say 5 years when they could have gotten 20) and I understand that feeling but as others are pointing out even 5 years in prison is no walk in the park.  Smuggar is experiencing, now, something few of us will ever have to go through - and it's going to get a lot worse before it's over.  And as others have noted - good.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, quickjessie said:

I'm in that club with you, for 2 years now since my son left us.  I go to work, I laugh with friends and family, I do the everyday living things we all do.  But I also cry every day.  In the car, in my bed, watching tv...the tears show up when they want to.  We go on living because we have to.

Well said, @quickjessie - I'm sorry for the loss of your son. 

• Love 20
4 hours ago, quickjessie said:

I'm in that club with you, for 2 years now since my son left us.  I go to work, I laugh with friends and family, I do the everyday living things we all do.  But I also cry every day.  In the car, in my bed, watching tv...the tears show up when they want to.  We go on living because we have to.

So sorry you too had to experience this.  I agree with you on all of it.

• Love 18
On 4/18/2022 at 6:09 PM, quarks said:

Folks over on Reddit have the transcripts of the trial up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/u6mz9f/usa_v_duggar_trial_transcripts/

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3id6rvuw8n737hq/AAAWtugeFFwyhbiQIjvb1JIHa?dl=0

Warning: While I haven't read any of these documents yet, the trial transcripts almost certainly include some very disturbing/sickening material. 

I'm trying to work up the energy to read them and give my forensicator opinion on them.

• Love 22
On 4/21/2022 at 6:26 PM, hathorlive said:

I'm trying to work up the energy to read them and give my forensicator opinion on them.

I am very interested to hear your opinion.  I am finding this whole mess an eye-opening experience.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Rumor has it that Sex Pest is getting a ton of "care packages" sent to him in jail.  They are not all from family, but his adoring "fans"...... 🤮

I don’t think there is such a thing, is there? I believe one can put money on his account, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t think there is such a thing, is there? I believe one can put money on his account, though.

That's what I thought. Plus, how would we know what was sent to Smuggar unless someone who works at the jail was posting on Reddit? 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The online canteens usually have pre-made selections or boxes and anyone can select one to send to an inmate.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

The online canteens usually have pre-made selections or boxes and anyone can select one to send to an inmate.  

I wonder if that applies at county?

I guess I interpreted it as “sending” being from the “outside”. I was assuming  that’s not done. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

I wonder if that applies at county?

I guess I interpreted it as “sending” being from the “outside”. I was assuming  that’s not done. 

If you're thinking of someone going to the store and buying items or making them at home and packing them up to mail or drop off at the jail, you're right that isn't allowed.  

The company that Washington County has a contract with for the jail commissary has a program for gift baskets.  It looks like Josh could have one per week.  That's common with those programs. The selections are quite a bit more costly than if bought in a local store. 

Send Money

Washington County Detention Center has an agreement with JailATM so that you can deposit money online or using the kiosk in the jail lobby.

Send Gift Packs

Washington County Detention Center has an agreement with JailATM, which ships predetermined Gift Packs of candy, snacks and hygiene products to the inmate. Check the JailATM website to see if they allow Gift Packs.

These can be ordered by you online and are delivered directly to the inmate.

To see the selections requires creating an account.

Sample offerings from another jail.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4

Gift baskets for inmates? There really is an industry for everything, isn't there? 

Women marry serial killers on Death Row, so I can believe people are sending Pest goodies and putting money on his books. 

• Love 2