Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, awaken said:

Out to eat yet again?!

Guess since I only see 1 baby carrier, Jana has 6 of their kids between the 2 couples, in addition to the Lost girls and the Howlers that night.  don't suppose they bought her a nice meal and took it home to her as a thank you?

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Pickles says that the dinner happened in November. Wonder what was going on then?

Didn't TLC announce in November that Derick was off the show? Maybe they were having a pity party.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I know damn well that if I had a brother (I don't) that had molested me, and Mr. Xword knew about it, he and I would not be socializing with him.  Hell no.

I was thinking same thing.  Bad enough they are together at family functions like the weddings but going out socially, no way esp with my headship there.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm not digging through Derelict's tweets to see when the Jazz stuff went down, but I swear it was earlier than November. 

I didn't comb through his tweets, but IIRC his first tweets about Jazz were in late August/early September.

This part I googled: Derick tweeted about Jazz again on November 9. TLC announced he was off the show on November 11. 

• Love 6

Ok, so growing up in that part of the country - Joshy, dude - you do NOT wear a baseball cap into the restaurant, and you most certainly don't wear it at the table- WTF??  Oh and what is that orange tail? coming out of Derrick's pocket?  And Josh looks SUPER creepy in that first photo

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Pickles says that the dinner happened in November. Wonder what was going on then?

Pickles also said that, right after that meal, Derick thanked Josh and Anna on his fund-raising page for making an off-page $50 donation.  My guess is that Josh just picked up the tab for dinner for his unemployed brother-in-law.  Since none of the other Duggar kids donated to Derick, I really doubt that Josh did either.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

Anna arrogantly pontificating it appears. I can just hear her, "aaaaaaand........." She may have been a sheltered naive girl in the beginning, but she went to full on arrogant, entitled, know it all bitch in no time. Raised in the cult or not, until Anna quits the adoring gaze and baby making with her prince JoshUa and leaves his fat cheating ass I don't believe she is miserable. I still go back to her saying when the police reports about his molesting came out there were NO surprises for her. She either knew it and was ok with it or she lied to continue to make TLC money. 

JoshUa's food must have taken some time to arrive at the table, looks like he is chewing on his fingers. Could he look any more bored? What a sad sack POS.

Dirty Derelict sitting there with his wife's molester for a $50 "donation". Grifter extraordinaire that one is. Get a JOB.

I seem to recall Josh and Anna donating$250 to the GoFundMe.

• Love 3

Derelict must really be desperate if he is willing to have dinner with the brother who molested his wife more than once for a few bucks. There would be no why in heck my husband would do that for a few bucks. My brother is afraid of my husband. He should be after what he did to me while we were growing up.

The many discussions I've had with abused clients always lean toward empowerment. No matter how they feel about their abuser it is their feeling - there's no right or wrong feeling.

Sorry, had too. I'm done now.

• Love 21
On 2/24/2018 at 8:11 AM, tabloidlover said:

Completely agree!    And yet another thought popped into my head when I saw those pics.   Let's put aside the molestation issue for a moment (I know, I know).   Had any other person had such a downfall with cheating on his spouse repeatedly (on AshleyMadison ffs), would Derick go out and socialize with them?   He seems more like a condemn them to hell kinda guy.   I guess things are different when it's your own family?    Word of the day for you Derick - HYPOCRITE.

Well, I mean, it's not like Josh is gay, trans, a Democrat, a feminist, or - gasp - a Catholic, so Derrick is all good with him. It was just Satan building a fortress blah blah blah.                      /sarcasm

On 2/24/2018 at 12:10 AM, Temperance said:

In the photos, the women look happy and the dudes not so much. 

The ladies are glad to get a break from the hoards of loud children (aside from the baby in the carrier, who is probably sleeping). The guys wish they could get a break from their ladies, too (Josh especially, because he's a cheating POS). 

• Love 6
On 2/24/2018 at 3:15 PM, GeeGolly said:

The many discussions I've had with abused clients always lean toward empowerment. No matter how they feel about their abuser it is their feeling - there's no right or wrong feeling.

Sorry, had too. I'm done now.

You make a good point. I just don't think poor Jill knows her own mind, feelings, and is incapable of independent thought. She's been programmed to see Josh in a very specific way and hasn't waivered.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

You make a good point. I just don't think poor Jill knows her own mind, feelings, and is incapable of independent thought. She's been programmed to see Josh in a very specific way and hasn't waivered.

Yes I agree.  My ex husband used to  when I said "I feel..." he would say "that's ridiculous, you shouldn't feel that way".  He was a doctor and so I always thought something was wrong with me.  Come to find out when he left me for a nurse, through good therapy, I learned there was something wrong with HIM!!  But poor Jill just keeps hearing it and internalizing.  I wonder what I would have done if he hadn't left me.  I was young and naive back then.  

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

As I was ruminating about how Joy is so dang young to have a baby now, I had a terrible thought: We are within a decade of Mac turning 18 and presumably starting to pop out Duggar GREAT GRANDKIDS!

Jordyn, Mac and Josie will all be pregnant together with great grandkids and grandkids. There is no end to the Duggar Circus.

• Love 14

There is no way Michelle's warped mind will tolerate Josie having kids.  Because that will mean the Precious Miracle grew up, there are no more kids for the MOTY to 'raise' and she is now old. No freakin' way she doesn't snap from that!

• Love 4
On February 24, 2018 at 6:11 AM, tabloidlover said:

Completely agree!    And yet another thought popped into my head when I saw those pics.   Let's put aside the molestation issue for a moment (I know, I know).   Had any other person had such a downfall with cheating on his spouse repeatedly (on AshleyMadison ffs), would Derick go out and socialize with them?   He seems more like a condemn them to hell kinda guy.   I guess things are different when it's your own family?    Word of the day for you Derick - HYPOCRITE.

So Derrick, you are okay with your brother in law cheating on his vows before God on his wife.  Spending over $700 a month for like 2-3 years - or so I remember the reports saying, on the Ashley Madison site - $ that could have gone for food, clothing, education (yea, right) for your wife and children, or even in Derrick's mind - money that could have been donated for his and Jilly's missionarycation, or to pay their $14,000 back taxes bill.   But you are against gays, transgenders, and people that don't see your Jesus as the only way.  Riiiiggghhttt.  Why don't you buy Jesus a glass of wine and let him explain to you what is wrong with that picture.  Would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that discussion.

• Love 14
On 2/27/2018 at 6:37 PM, anna0852 said:

As I was ruminating about how Joy is so dang young to have a baby now, I had a terrible thought: We are within a decade of Mac turning 18 and presumably starting to pop out Duggar GREAT GRANDKIDS!

I don't see Mack or Meredith getting married off any time soon if the trend of grandsons being born keeps up. At this rate Hannie, Jordyn, and Jenni are going to be the Cinder-Janas of whomever they are loaned out to as Aunt-Moms.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I don't see Mack or Meredith getting married off any time soon if the trend of grandsons being born keeps up. At this rate Hannie, Jordyn, and Jenni are going to be the Cinder-Janas of whomever they are loaned out to as Aunt-Moms.

How many people are going to want Josh Duggar as a father-in-law?  Who is going to want a sexual pervert around their family members? Josh might have to pay people to marry his kids.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Mollie said:

How many people are going to want Josh Duggar as a father-in-law?  Who is going to want a sexual pervert around their family members? Josh might have to pay people to marry his kids.

oohh, great point.  I can't imagine the horror of meeting Meredith or Mack and liking them and then finding out who there father is and what he did.  Maybe they'll find someone who falls in love with them and takes them away like Jeremy did with Jinger.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mollie said:

You're assuming he'll live that long. He's hardly a picture of rude good health. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Mollie said:

Teen Mom x Counting On. 

Honestly, any teenage scumbag will suffice (for filming purposes). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Teen Mom x Counting On. 

Honestly, any teenage scumbag will suffice (for filming purposes). 

None of these people have they staying power to be on tv in ten years. The only one who can do that is Vanna White and I’m convinced she sacrifices virgins into volcanos. 

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Mollie said:

Actually, I think a lot of fundies would not mind. As long as he still believes (or appears to believe) in the right Jesus, they will think nothing less of him. Look at that poor girl who married a convicted rapist or the ones who supported Roy Moore. 

• Love 10

There's a big difference between being married to Josh Duggar and being married to his kids just like being married to one of his siblings.  I wouldn't any of my friends or family to marry into the Duggar family, because that would mean giving up control of their life and having to live according to their crazy beliefs. Other than that I wouldn't hold Josh against any of his children. 

• Love 4
On 2/14/2018 at 9:22 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

This is depressingly true. :(

Are pastors mandatory reporters for stuff like this in Arkansas? 

On 2/14/2018 at 12:29 PM, Nysha said:

Yes, Kendra's dad is a mandated reporter. Arkansas Mandated Reporters

Sorry I'm late to this, but I wanted to say that the issue is far more complicated than "Kendra's dad is a mandated reporter."

The statute reads, in pertinent part,
"(29) A clergy member, which includes a minister, priest, rabbi, accredited Christian Science practitioner, or other similar functionary of a religious organization, or an individual reasonably believed to be so by the person consulting him or her, except to the extent the clergy member:
(A) Has acquired knowledge of suspected child maltreatment through communications required to be kept confidential pursuant to the religious discipline of the relevant denomination or faith; or
(B) Received the knowledge of the suspected child maltreatment from the alleged offender in the context of a statement of admission;"

So if Kendra's father had knowledge of any impropriety constituting child abuse or endangerment that he learned through confession-type interactions he is not required to report. In fact, he is legally and ethically bound to keep confidential any information learned that way. So if anything like this would be something he would learn while "counseling" a parishoner, he would not, and indeed could not, report it.

• Love 1

Smugger needs to get snipped.  On the sly, if necessary.  I hear he's good at being sly.

It doesn't matter if they stay together until they die of old age or if they divorce in ten years, but Josh and Anna don't need any more kids.  He doesn't want more and I'm not sure her motives are healthy when it comes to parenting.  She seems to enjoy the kids now, but if her ultimate goal is only to continue to procreate until she can't anymore, eventually she'll get to the point where she can't tend to them individually and lovingly.  She'll have to farm them out to the older kids or her sisters in law and then they'll just become number 1, or 5, or 10.  She'll need an app to remember their birthdays and she'll post stuff like "Lives for the Lord", "A real servant's heart", or "I think they might like pickles".  The boys will all be said to want to preach and the girls will all be convicted to become sweet helpmeets who are dedicated to having babies and making sure no one else ever makes a sandwich for their man.  Or maybe anyone can make the sandwich but after he's done eating he goes to his wife for sweet fellowship. 

I can't remember.  I've been known to tell my husband and kids to make their own sandwich and I never thought of the Bible during sex.  I can see how the really naïve could get confused if they've been moved to call out "Oh God!" if sexual intimacy was really going well, though.  I hope no one is ever so inept that they scream for more mayo.  That could screw up lunch time for the kids.

I had another gig about using Lego's as an example for sex, but it got too weird.  Never mind, I'll go for it. 

You have a Lego with bumps that stick up?  They're called Studs.  For real

The cavity that the Studs go into?  They're called Connection Points.  In most of Lego world, the Studs rule.  They're on most pieces, because they're needed to build and create.  Most pieces that have Studs also have Connection Points on the bottom, but the Studs are on top.  All Godly toys know this.

The only pieces that have no Studs are called Tiles.   They are excellent for floor-tiling, table-tops, and any other time when you want to create a smooth surface.  If you put a Tile on, that part of the structure is done.  Building and advancing can only be achieved through making sure that the Studs are always on top.

So, according to JB's advice, if the groom is excited enough to make a Stud, all he knows is he has to find a Connection Point in his lovely bride, make the sacred connection, and just freeze, wondering if they've just made a baby.  Blame JB and the golf course dry hump if any young fundie couples got it wrong.  Thank God those fundies are horny as hell and nature takes a hand in the matter, or we could have fundies dying childless because the groom found the wrong connection point and they never figured it out.  Then again... 

• Love 20

Today's Smuggar's 30th birthday. How time flies when you're molesting your sisters and surfing hook up sites on the sly. And of course, attending Jesus Jail,  possibly multiple times.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Today's Smuggar's 30th birthday. How time flies when you're molesting your sisters and surfing hook up sites on the sly. And of course, attending Jesus Jail,  possibly multiple times.

Dirty 30. He looks so old. Good.

• Love 11

Lmfaoooo. That sad ass party reminds me of the scene in Office Space when all the Initech employees were unenthusiastically singing Happy Birthday to Mr. Lumberg. Everyone in the video is wearing the same "shoot me now" expression that they wore in the movie. 

And of course Josie Grossie hones in to germ up the cake half a second after the candles went out.

• Love 16