Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I agree that this is what they'd love to do, but remember when they were trying to save 19 KAC and definitively said, "josh duggar will never appear on TLC programming again." I wonder if they are kicking themselves in the rear for that one, since it didn't even save the show, and now they want to bring him back for ratings. 

Maybe...josh gets a sex change, becomes a woman, and gets a new name! Now...a totally different person! Geeeez, what I would pay to see them resort to that!

can't get rid of quote box  

1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

I agree that this is what they'd love to do, but remember when they were Turing to save 19 KAC and definitively said, "josh duggar will never appear on TLC programming again." I wonder if they are kicking themselves in the rear for that one, since it didn't even save the show, and now they want to bring him back for ratings. 

Maybe...josh gets a sex change, becomes a woman, and gets a new name! Now...a totally different person! Geeeez, what I would pay to see them resort to that!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Tabitha is the older sister of Chad Paine, who is married to Erin.

So. if you're "over marrying age" ( Tabitha is 31 according to article) you get paired-up/set-up with a former registered sex offender who managed to get pardoned of his crime? 

And if she's a virgin.. she gets paired up with a man who likes to give it from behind... and Lord knows what else ????

58cf16e76dcf3_SMHemoji.jpg.1d89f0819e3a0be1a732ba95cf9e9ad0.jpg

Edited by sATL
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, sATL said:

So. if you're "over marrying age" you get paired-up/set-up with a former registered sex offender who managed to get pardoned of his crime?

58cf16e76dcf3_SMHemoji.jpg.1d89f0819e3a0be1a732ba95cf9e9ad0.jpg

Or, it can happen to you at 20-years-old, like it did with Anna.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It really makes me stabby how Muffy pronounces it "Iz-ree-ull"...it's more correctly pronounced "is-rail" or "Iz-rye-el" (most correct pronunciation of Israel). I get it that a lot of people say "is-real", which is easy to understand why (and it doesn't bother me) since most people have a teeny tiny degree of dyslexia or just believe that's the right pronunciation because that's how they have always heard it.

If you want to name your child after the Holy Land, please pronounce it properly, Muffy.

Even worse, she adds a "zh" sound to it. Izhree-al.  Ugh. 

• Love 3
On 3/18/2017 at 9:01 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Well, they already have 8 with two (that we know of) on the way. That number could easily go up to 5 if Jinger, Joy, and Kendra all announce before the end of the year. So 13, the majority of which were delivered in 2015-17/early 18). This train's just starting to roll out of the station, y'all! 

isn't it seven with two on the way? (4+2+1) But yes the grandkids are starting to add up. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, awaken said:

Even worse, she adds a "zh" sound to it. Izhree-al.  Ugh. 

Really? I haven't made a study of it, or even watched the show in real life, but I'm finding more reasonable pronunciations at random. I guess that's too much work for them, and they probably go with whatever sounds the most exotic. Personally, and I may be far from correct, I go with something like "Iz'-reeull

'

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Really? I haven't made a study of it, or even watched the show in real life, but I'm finding more reasonable pronunciations at random. I guess that's too much work for them, and they probably go with whatever sounds the most exotic. Personally, and I may be far from correct, I go with something like "Iz'-reeull

'

I wasn't meaning any snark to anyone on the board; I'm just annoyed that Muffy Is too idle to make an effort to pronounce her son's name properly.

• Love 1

The schooling concerns me way too much.  Is Anna now the new teacher, taking over for Tabby?  Are the M kids all added to the mix at the SOTDRT?  Is Jana having to do it?  Uneducated kids are "teaching" the next generation:(

• Love 8

Are there no local / state laws governing home schooling ? Surely, there has to be more guidelines than being able to pass the GED, one day. Homeschoolers don't have to take the same standardized tests k-8 tests, that most local districts manadate ?

19 minutes ago, sATL said:

Are there no local / state laws governing home schooling ? Surely, there has to be more guidelines than being able to pass the GED, one day. Homeschoolers don't have to take the same standardized tests k-8 tests, that most local districts manadate ?

They don't need to pass a GED.

All you need to do in Arkansas to be able to declare your kids high school graduates is 1) attest that you're homeschooling your kids -- or have chosen somebody else to homeschool them (and that can be anybody at all) -- and 2) say that the kids have attended school (which can be the SOTDRT, of course) from age five through age 17 and 3) declare that the kids have met your standards for high school graduation, whatever your standards may be (no requirements of any kind). And then you can give them a diploma from your school. And Arkansas will agree that your kids are homeschooled high school graduates. ..... 

The homeschooling lobby has fought hard to keep removing rules, and what you've basically got in a lot of states, such as Arkansas, is that the state puts in place almost literally no requirements, and, accordingly, doesn't take any responsibility, either, such as by requiring the GED or something. Your kids will have a homeschool diploma, period. It is whatever you've declared it to be, and future employers or colleges just have to look at that diploma and you individually and see whether they'll accept it. And, of course, in the Duggar case, this pretty much doesn't matter, since none of the kids will go to college and, apparently, few will even look for actual paying jobs outside the family. 

It's in the name of saying that parents must be the final arbiters of essentially anything having to do with their kids. That's obviously well in line with Duggar beliefs.

It shows the isolation of these folks that this doesn't seem to ring alarm bells with the younger ones, seems to me. I'd think that Anna and Josh, for example, who've lived elsewhere (and Josh -- who kind of wanted a law degree once upon a time and who's worked with people who actually have educations, including, no doubt, much much much better homeschooling ones than the Duggars provide) might have some qualms about sending their kids through life having had such a limited exposure to education. But as far as we can see, it doesn't, I guess. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I realize that this is of no concern to any Duggar at all, but I keep picturing what it might be like to be caring for, all at once -- an infant, a toddler, a four-ish-year-old, a being-homeschooled beginner needing to learn the rudiments of reading and math, and a slightly older homeschooled child ready for broader learning such as science experiments and history and so on. 

Bottom line is that I really can't picture it. At all. I can't imagine how you'd meet all those different needs halfway decently on even one day of the week, let alone go on doing it day after day and week after week ad infinitum. I can't even see how I'd do it and feel it was being done even somewhat adequately, even with the help of some 26-year-old, and 11-year-old and 9-year-old sister moms. 

And are they really going to hire a tutor for Anna's kids, too? It'd be one thing if you were "just" homeschooling. But to be homeschooling at a couple of different levels while also breastfeeding and chasing toddlers around. For me, I think fast-descending madness would be the only possible result. Seriously. 

ETA: It does make perfectly clear why people would turn to blanket training and self-paced-computer-only schooling, though. I'd think that the near inevitability of producing warped and completely uneducated kids would make you rethink. But apparently the quality is of much less importance than the quantity among this population.

So.much.this. 

It sounds like one of my worst nightmares. I'd have a break down and be institutionalized after a week.  (Thus, why I only have two kids.)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

They don't need to pass a GED.

All you need to do in Arkansas to be able to declare your kids high school graduates is 1) attest that you're homeschooling your kids -- or have chosen somebody else to homeschool them (and that can be anybody at all) -- and 2) say that the kids have attended school (which can be the SOTDRT, of course) from age five through age 17 and 3) declare that the kids have met your standards for high school graduation, whatever your standards may be (no requirements of any kind). And then you can give them a diploma from your school. And Arkansas will agree that your kids are homeschooled high school graduates. ..... 

The homeschooling lobby has fought hard to keep removing rules, and what you've basically got in a lot of states, such as Arkansas, is that the state puts in place almost literally no requirements, and, accordingly, doesn't take any responsibility, either, such as by requiring the GED or something. Your kids will have a homeschool diploma, period. It is whatever you've declared it to be, and future employers or colleges just have to look at that diploma and you individually and see whether they'll accept it. And, of course, in the Duggar case, this pretty much doesn't matter, since none of the kids will go to college and, apparently, few will even look for actual paying jobs outside the family. 

It's in the name of saying that parents must be the final arbiters of essentially anything having to do with their kids. That's obviously well in line with Duggar beliefs.

It shows the isolation of these folks that this doesn't seem to ring alarm bells with the younger ones, seems to me. I'd think that Anna and Josh, for example, who've lived elsewhere (and Josh -- who kind of wanted a law degree once upon a time and who's worked with people who actually have educations, including, no doubt, much much much better homeschooling ones than the Duggars provide) might have some qualms about sending their kids through life having had such a limited exposure to education. But as far as we can see, it doesn't, I guess. 

Thanks for the info. Looks like my state - GA - does have (had) a quite a few guidelines. (link1 & link2)

(3) Parents or guardians may teach only their own children in the home study program, provided the teaching parent or guardian possesses at least a high school diploma or a general educational development diploma, but the parents or guardians may employ a tutor who holds a high school diploma or a general educational development diploma to teach such children;
(4) The home study program shall provide a basic academic educational program which includes, but is not limited to, reading, language arts, mathematics, social studies, and science;
(5) The home study program must provide instruction each 12 months to home study students equivalent to 180 school days of education with each school day consisting of at least four and one-half school hours unless the child is physically unable to comply with the rule provided for in this paragraph.

(7) Students in home study programs shall be subject to an appropriate nationally standardized testing program administered in consultation with a person trained in the administration and interpretation of norm reference tests to evaluate their educational progress at least every three years beginning at the end of the third grade and records of such tests and scores shall be retained but shall not be required to be submitted to public educational authorities...

• Love 1

So the Duggars can all slobber and proclaim the wonderfulness of everyone's "seasons of life" except Josh and Anna's newest baby, correct?  Because to do so would be acknowledging that Josh does indeed exist, try as they might to hide him behind pillars and lights and his own kids.  Even though Anna is still part of the family, no one can acknowledge her pregnancy.  But the Duggars can acknowledge all the other babies being mass produced by the Duggar daughters.  This is the rankest, most extreme hypocrisy that I can think of.  To be joyful about one baby but not another - a baby who, I might add, has zero say in its parentage?  It's sick.  Twisted.  And I think the entire Duggar family needs to either shut up and go away, or look themselves in the mirror and acknowledge Josh and Anna's baby and then be prepared for the consequences.  They can't straddle the line.

• Love 12
On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎19 at 2:49 PM, BitterApple said:

He was actually on the Sex Offender Registry for years. IIRC, somebody at Free Jinger dug up his mugshot.

Joshley has some competition in the Shittiest Fundie Husband contest.

So the guy who molested his younger sisters and went on to grandstand family values while carrying on an affair with an adult film actress, may not be the winner of the redemption tour lotto?

• Love 7

Because to do so would be acknowledging that Josh does indeed exist, try as they might to hide him behind pillars and lights and his own kids.

Don't forget the CGI lens flare.

They have made millions thanks to their hypocrisy, and straddling the line. It's the one thing they excel at, and manage to sleep at night.

They literally beat babies and slept well at night. They'll have no problem doing horrific things to other people. They're a pack of animals - and you know what happens to the most vulnerable members of a pack, don;t you.

• Love 8

Remember when Anna said something along the lines of  "babies make the world good again" when the family was visiting newborn baby Spurge?   This was when Josh was at Jesus Camp & Mer was just a few months old.  She was already thinking of a new baby then to fix things between her & Josh.

• Love 6

No, no, no, no! I saw the news on reddit and had to come here to make sure it was "false news". WHY?!?! Why would you do this? Having another baby does not fix anything! Your marriage, while I am certainly no insider, is not fit to bring another child into this world! NO ONE HAS A REAL JOB! How are these people going to be fed when the money dries up?!? 

I guess it won't be too long until another laundry room breakdown happens. Poor Kynzie.

And my baby name vote is Matthew Joshua. 

• Love 11

Josh was already screwing around when Meredith was conceived....Her birth did squat to save him from changing his ways.  Wouldn't surprise me if he was already engaging in deviant behavior when Marcus was conceived.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

No, no, no, no! I saw the news on reddit and had to come here to make sure it was "false news". WHY?!?! Why would you do this? Having another baby does not fix anything! Your marriage, while I am certainly no insider, is not fit to bring another child into this world! NO ONE HAS A REAL JOB! How are these people going to be fed when the money dries up?!? 

I guess it won't be too long until another laundry room breakdown happens. Poor Kynzie.

And my baby name vote is Matthew Joshua. 

I can't imagine what they are thinking.

I think that JB and J'chelle are so out-of-touch that they think another baby will prove to everyone that Josh is rehabilitated, the marriage is saved and there's nothing to see here. Let's get this Jesus-loving couple back on tv soon!

I think that Anna may well believe that another baby will make her happy.

Josh has got to be miserable. He's 100% trapped at the TTH now with nowhere to turn. He looked miserable when they announced M4, I can't imagine that he's elated about M5.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I still haven't seen any congratulations from parents or siblings. I really hope Anna is being treated well IRL.

I really think they're balancing  Counting On with their support for Josh. There is no doubt in my mind that every Duggar, except maybe Josh, is thrilled about this baby, you know, blessings and all. I think they're treating Anna the same as the rest. I'm not sure if I would qualify that as treating someone well though.

IMHO, whether the Duggars should have a show or not is beside the point. They do. Parents and siblings always have to balance the needs/wants of family members. The adult kids are getting paid to do a show and Josh has the potential to screw that up like he did screwed up the original show. I actually think the Duggars are handling this better then they handle most things.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that JB and J'chelle are so out-of-touch that they think another baby will prove to everyone that Josh is rehabilitated, the marriage is saved and there's nothing to see here. Let's get this Jesus-loving couple back on tv soon!

I think that Anna may well believe that another baby will make her happy.

Josh has got to be miserable. He's 100% trapped at the TTH now with nowhere to turn. He looked miserable when they announced M4, I can't imagine that he's elated about M5.

I agree.  Especially about the part you said that JB and Michelle will think another baby will prove to everyone that all is well and forgiven I mean babies are a blessing from God therefore if God gives Josh  another baby he must be free/forgiven of all his horrific past deeds.

Edited by Mya
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

This is interesting.  J'Chelle?  She is so checked out of reality that I can practically hear her Minnie-Mouse-on-helium voice from here, rationalizing everything, admitting nothing, and proclaiming that everything is wonderful, seasons of life, etc.  But Boob?  He is in full control of his entire extended family (except JinJer, which totally must keep him up at night and I love it).  He HAS TO KNOW how hypocritical he and his helpmeet are acting, RIGHT?  No happy joyful upcoming baby announcement for Anna and Josh?  JOSH...the lauded first son who sinned but is all better now?  If they really believed that, then they should have no problems whatsoever announcing Baby M #5 for all the world.  But their silence speaks volumes.  They don't want to draw attention to Josh, despite the fact that they keep parading a miserable, overwhelmed Anna on their stupid tv show and tell her to be sure to keep that plastic grin firmly affixed to her face, while at the same time making sure Josh doesn't emerge from behind the potted plants during happy family filming time.  Which tells everyone in big, neon letters that they know their precious first born is a slimeball and they know they can't justify having him on the show while Jessa and Jill are also there.  So they KNOW.  They KNOW and I hate them.

• Love 12
On 3/17/2017 at 3:26 PM, ariel said:

How the hell is Joshy going to financially support this new "blessing"

By making sure Anna is in some eps of Counting on.  It would not surprise me if the girls were forced to hang with Anna on camera in order for Anna to have some income.  Perhaps that is why Jill was less than enthused in their scene together at that gym.  I don't care how nice she is, if I were molested by her husband I wouldn't want anything to do with any of them.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

By making sure Anna is in some eps of Counting on.  It would not surprise me if the girls were forced to hang with Anna on camera in order for Anna to have some income.  Perhaps that is why Jill was less than enthused in their scene together at that gym.  I don't care how nice she is, if I were molested by her husband I wouldn't want anything to do with any of them.

If Anna is earning 1099 income from TLC, that means they should file taxes.

I've always wondered does that mean the Josh/Anna household can claim 7 exemptions on 2017 taxes and get a nice little bundle $$ back?  ; 5 little Ms + Josh/Anna.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, sATL said:

If Anna is earning 1099 income from TLC, that means they should file taxes.

I've always wondered does that mean the Josh/Anna household can claim 7 exemptions on 2017 taxes and get a nice little bundle $$ back?  ; 5 little Ms + Josh/Anna.

They would have to make enough to qualify for an EITC and ADTC to receive a nice refund, but that also means not making more than the cut off. It's a window and then that windows depends on how much you get, but they could easily see a 5 figure tax refund next year. 

I know a little bit about taxes through my job. I believe you can claim as many qualifying dependents as you want. Each child you claim will take off about $4,000 from your taxable income. If they are getting paid with a 1099, they likely aren't having taxes taken out like you would through a W2, so the more deductions the better, so they don't owe a tax payment.

There is also the Child Tax Credit which gives you $1,000 per child, but decreases in value if you make over $110,000 for married filing jointly. $55,000 for married filing separately.

What I think is interesting is the possibilities that exist for JimBob to claim atleast the M kids, or perhaps even Anna or Josh as dependents. If they are still living with him, and he is providing more than half their support. A qualifying adult would be living there the whole year, with gross income less than about $4,000. Even if the adult makes more than the qualifying amount, the children could still be eligible to claim.

This could count for the kidult Duggars too I suppose. Very interesting to think about what their tax returns must look like........

Apologies if is too off topic of a tangent...

• Love 5

I am wondering how far along Anna is since they already know its a boy.  Guessing 18-22 weeks maybe? if that is correct then she is due close to  or a couple weeks after Jill's due date no?

Edited by Mya
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Which tells everyone in big, neon letters that they know their precious first born is a slimeball and they know they can't justify having him on the show while Jessa and Jill are also there.  So they KNOW.  They KNOW and I hate them.

They couldn't have him on the show because TLC told them they could not. One has to imagine it was a dealbreaker.

There's a baby on the way now, though, and whoever it is that's doing publicity for TLC, the Duggars or both are cranking up the Wurlitzer. It's been at least six months; hasn't everyone forgotten about all that by now?!?! There's money to be made!

I don't think TLC made an announcement, but I could be mistaken. If they didn't, well, that likely points to Smuggar's future on the show, if he has one. 

I don't think there will be any more TV births for Anna, although she may have a couple talking heads about baby fever, etc. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Macrocephalous (which means having a big head).    The Duggars may just think its exotic.

And it has too many syllables for most of them to pronounce properly.

15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think there will be any more TV births for Anna, although she may have a couple talking heads about baby fever, etc. 

She'll have to give birth during a severe storm or on the shitter again.  For her sake, I hope she gets to give birth at a birthing center or hospital. Smuggar is lazy and useless. At least Bin and Derick stayed with their wives through the whole thing.

• Love 1

If Obamacare is repealed and the penalty removed (and it looks like that's going to happen), they won't care about having insurance, so hospital births are OUT! She will probably use the Query woman, who is a CPM, which was as high on the medical food chain they were willing to go when they lived in AR before. Remember, she twice used Theresa Fedosky, who is nothing more than a doula. At least in DC, Smuggar appears to have had good medical insurance, and they were all set up to use a real CNM with excellent credentials. I remember that because I looked her up. Now, they're back to square one; she could give birth in the fucking treehouse. Okay, not really, but you get the idea. 

At any rate, I seriously doubt they will film since it ties back to Smuggar, and since this directly relates to him, I don't think TLC will touch it because they know what will happen to their ratings and the advertisers they actually managed to lure back. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think TLC made an announcement, but I could be mistaken. If they didn't, well, that likely points to Smuggar's future on the show, if he has one. 

I can live without her TV birth-coverage. I still remember her birthing one of the Ms on the toilet and another in a bath tub.  I guess I did miss a birth, as they didn't show M-#4.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

She'll have to give birth during a severe storm or on the shitter again.  For her sake, I hope she gets to give birth at a birthing center or hospital. Smuggar is lazy and useless. At least Bin and Derick stayed with their wives through the whole thing.

I cannot imagine how incredibly lonely and sad it will be for Anna to give birth to Baby #5 while her husband sleeps, or mentally checks out, or wanders away to find some free WiFi.  And then knowing that she has to bring this baby home, take care of her four other children, make nice with her husband's family, and tiptoe around Josh so he doesn't go off and do the bad things which she will surely blame herself for, while keeping that smile on her face and telling us all how everything is just peachy.  It's very sad.

But this is her bed, and she made it with Josh (ew, but true).  Exactly how much did Anna know about Josh's activities before she married him?

• Love 13