Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

So everyone knows she is a girl!

Gender roles and appearance is important 

We certainly aren't fundie and have no rules about gender roles but the daughter in law loved to put bows in the granddaughter's hair when she was little. She had minimal hair and I found bows with little velcro thingies that we used.  Sometimes a mama likes bows for their babies.  

• Love 11
13 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Is it just me, or does that brown sofa look absolutely filthy? 🤔

Wel it is the same couch that Jessa had Joy cleaning snot of off, with a damp face cloth. And that was when Jessa had one kid.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Is it just me, or does that brown sofa look absolutely filthy? 🤔

I think Henry was delivered on that couch, or at least Jessa spent a lot of her labor on it. There was a pad covering it but some people felt it did not offer enough protection. That couch has been through a lot. 

• Love 11
(edited)
37 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

You can clone 100 more Duggar’s from DNA on that couch 🤮

We don't need to worry, though. They don't believe in cloning.....-- it's not quickie penis-in-vagina-within-marriage-unprotected sex as God intended......

And if you put the science savvy, knowledge, aptitude and interest of the whole clan together (adjacents included), it'd still probably fall about 99 percent short of what you'd need to clone anything. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if it's ever occurred to Jessa to have the couch professionally steam cleaned? Out of the older daughters, she and Joy seem the least hygienic so I'm doubtful. 

Jessa can just invite Josie and Joe over to lick it clean.

Free service by Duggars Inc.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if it's ever occurred to Jessa to have the couch professionally steam cleaned?

Well, I don’t think anyone in her family has ever watched a steam cleaner work so how would they know how to do it professionally?

• LOL 22
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wel it is the same couch that Jessa had Joy cleaning snot of off, with a damp face cloth. And that was when Jessa had one kid.

Arkansas Coronavirus will be traced back to that couch. 

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

I wish Jessa would wash Spurge's hair..it is always such an ugly, greasy looking mess. Plus it needs cutting badly..in the last video I watched he was constantly whipping his hair out of his eyes. That can't be good for him?

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I wish Jessa would wash Spurge's hair..it is always such an ugly, greasy looking mess. Plus it needs cutting badly..in the last video I watched he was constantly whipping his hair out of his eyes. That can't be good for him?

My understanding is that thick curly hair needs layers. Jessa doesn’t do layers.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Jessica got Say Yes to the Dress and Michelle gets David’s Bridal? What did I miss? 

Jessica has a better job. Also Michelle is planning on getting married in October so it's best to find a dress sooner than later. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Giant kids' clothing and toy event happening per Jessa. TLC has filmed it before. I wonder if they'll film it again.

Is it that big annual thrift consignment event they go to? They’ll film it again, and pretend the family doesn’t shop at Dillards when they want to. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

A local bridal boutique here said it’s best for brides to order extra early due to shipment issues resulting from the coronavirus.  Ordering in March for an October wedding isn’t unreasonable anymore. 

Maybe if you’re ordering your dress from China.

(edited)
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe if you’re ordering your dress from China.

According to a lot of NY news stories, 90% of wedding dresses sold in the US start in China. Either the fabric comes from there or the dresses are made there. Who knew?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess the new "baby" is part of the Rhea Lana haul (Sierra also posted about it).

Sorry,  but, this song comes to mind ....

Fah Who Foraze, Dah, Who Doreze, Welcome Christmas bring your light .....

• LOL 4

I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa is pregnant. I had my suspicions before this. Giving a child a baby doll is often used to get children used to having a baby around. Although in Ivy's case, she is used to being around all those baby cousins. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa is pregnant. I had my suspicions before this. Giving a child a baby doll is often used to get children used to having a baby around. Although in Ivy's case, she is used to being around all those baby cousins. 

Plus, she’ll be caring for a little babies her entire childhood. This is just on the job training. 

• LOL 2

I'm surprised the Seewalds are letting their daughter marry so young. I know she's 18 but they could've told her to wait and go to school like her sisters. I thought they had learn a lesson with Ben. He married a girl because she was hot and he's now stuck with 3 kids and no career. Plus, Jessa is not exactly a good housekeeper. I'm not convinced he's 100% happy about how everything turned out. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I'm surprised the Seewalds are letting their daughter marry so young. I know she's 18 but they could've told her to wait and go to school like her sisters. I thought they had learn a lesson with Ben. He married a girl because she was hot and he's now stuck with 3 kids and no career. Plus, Jessa is not exactly a good housekeeper. I'm not convinced he's 100% happy about how everything turned out. 

I think Jessica (the oldest married policewoman Seewald) was more of rebel than her parents got wise. I think she wanted to be live on her own/with a boyfriend, pursue a law enforcement career etc. I don't think they would have has problem with her getting married as a teen and were probably more embarrassed by her living with the boyfriend unmarried. 

Danielle has a career as a hairdresser which seems popular among fundie young women.

The Seewalds are still fundie and probably believe in young marriage. As it says in the bible "it is better to marry than it is to burn."  

Jessica had a good job when she got married, but she still got married at 22. She will be 23 soon. Where I come from 22 is still very young to get married. Danielle just turned 20. There's a good chance all of the Seewalds will be married by 25 and that is very young by the communities I grew up, except among fundies. 

Also the Seewalds may still see Ben's marriage as a success since he and Jessa have enough money and are married still.  If there is time when the money falls apart or they get divorced, it's more likely they'll reconsider their stance on young married. 

• Love 5

Getting married young is fine as long as the wife doesn't feel the need to completely give up any hopes and dreams she might have had in order to become a fundie Stepford wife. So far Ben's sisters are fundie but seem to have a stronger sense of self than Ben. Ben is the ultimate Fundie Stepford Wife -- he's really Mr. Jessa Duggar who has reworked whatever dreams and aspirations he might have had in order to cook, clean, and do whatever else Jessa is too lazy to do.

• Love 9

For all of Michelle's and Jessa's organization 'skills' that were discussed on the show, it still amazes me that none of the married Duggars have or had any idea that most lives are run on similar schedules.

Store hours, most church services on Sundays or in the evening, Aunt Bea making Andy & Opie dinner, etc, did nothing give them a clue that society lives loosely on the same time schedule or at least a schedule? 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

For all of Michelle's and Jessa's organization 'skills' that were discussed on the show, it still amazes me that none of the married Duggars have or had any idea that most lives are run on similar schedules.

Store hours, most church services on Sundays or in the evening, Aunt Bea making Andy & Opie dinner, etc, did nothing give them a clue that society lives loosely on the same time schedule or at least a schedule? 

Ego.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they think they’re above it all.  You can’t set yourself apart and have a real-world way of doing things.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Ego.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they think they’re above it all.  You can’t set yourself apart and have a real-world way of doing things.

Well, the Duggars do things a little differently.  

• LOL 6
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess the new "baby" is part of the Rhea Lana haul (Sierra also posted about it).

I can't believe Ivy is 9 months old & this is her first baby doll.  It's not like her older siblings are girls & there are already a mess of dolls in the house.  Plus she is the first granddaughter on the Seewald side. Seems strange Grandma Guinn & her aunts haven't already given her one. Maybe it's just me - I'm from the older generation  who loved playing with dolls & Barbies growing up. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I can't believe Ivy is 9 months old & this is her first baby doll.  It's not like her older siblings are girls & there are already a mess of dolls in the house.  Plus she is the first granddaughter on the Seewald side. Seems strange Grandma Guinn & her aunts haven't already given her one. Maybe it's just me - I'm from the older generation  who loved playing with dolls & Barbies growing up. 

But remember, Jessa is a #boymom. She "has the boy thing down pat" and they would "be starting from square one and might have to learn a few things" if they had a girl. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 7

There was one baby doll in the house when granddaughter was born.  She ignored it until around 9 to 10 months so I don't think it's odd to wait until 9 months for a baby doll.  They have to be large enough and strong enough to hold it and be able to at least sit up to enjoy it or throw it around as the case may be.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10