Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

They don't fool most of us though. I hate hypocrisy more than I hate Derrick sharing his bigoted beliefs.

I totally agree with you 1000%

Derick is out of the closet with his beliefs.  The other Duggars are stuffed in there, hiding all their shit. That includes Ben and Jessa putting up a Spurgie front. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

I totally agree with you 1000%

Derick is out of the closet with his beliefs.  The other Duggars are stuffed in there, hiding all their shit. That includes Ben and Jessa putting up a Spurgie front. 

That's a good point. The one thing I'll give Derick credit on is that he at least had the balls to be forthcoming about his beliefs, never mind the TLC money.

But if any Duggar or Duggar adjacent spoke out against Derick, they would have even bigger balls than Derick.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

That's a good point. The one thing I'll give Derick credit on is that he at least had the balls to be forthcoming about his beliefs, never mind the TLC money.

But if any Duggar or Duggar adjacent spoke out against Derick, they would have even bigger balls than Derick.

Repression is part of the process of altering social norms. In my lifetime, it's become unacceptable for people to use racial slurs, and slurs against in individual's sexual orientation. It's not that people don' think those things any more, but that societal norms have changed. 

It's a big thing, and it's actually a big thing that JB and J'chelle have stayed out of this. Just a few years ago, J'chelle was comfortable making robo-calls about transgender people in public bathrooms, but today she feels compelled to keep her mouth shut. There's no doubt in my mind that their opinions haven't changed, but that they know that social norms are changing and their beliefs are no longer the social norm.

I don't think JB has any moral center at all, he just "believes" whatever Gothard and his peers tell him to believe -- and by "believe" I mean "say in public," because I think he is too shallow and too incapable of introspection to actually beleive anything.

Sorry Ben and Jessa, I know this is your thread, so just post more baby photos and stay out of this.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Repression is part of the process of altering social norms. In my lifetime, it's become unacceptable for people to use racial slurs, and slurs against in individual's sexual orientation. It's not that people don' think those things any more, but that societal norms have changed. 

It's a big thing, and it's actually a big thing that JB and J'chelle have stayed out of this. Just a few years ago, J'chelle was comfortable making robo-calls about transgender people in public bathrooms, but today she feels compelled to keep her mouth shut. There's no doubt in my mind that their opinions haven't changed, but that they know that social norms are changing and their beliefs are no longer the social norm.

I don't think JB has any moral center at all, he just "believes" whatever Gothard and his peers tell him to believe -- and by "believe" I mean "say in public," because I think he is too shallow and too incapable of introspection to actually beleive anything.

Sorry Ben and Jessa, I know this is your thread, so just post more baby photos and stay out of this.

The reason was they cut back was the fact the robo-calls was the start of the downfall since it led to the molestation scandal hitting the fan. If they could get away with it by shoving their views down people's throats and profit from it, they would be doing it almost 24/7/365. I would not be surprise if Jenna and Ben agree with Derick, but they know when to keep their mouths shut. It is not called damage control for nothing.

I believe that the Seewalds agree with Derick. 

I do think Ben has more kindness in him though.  Plus, Derick seems to very mentally unstable and that's throws a curve into it.  

Le'ts just say that Ben encountered a transgender person at the playground or at an event. I think Ben would stay quiet.  Jessa would walk away. 

Derick?  I can see Derick doing a variety of different things.  He might stay quiet but he also might try to confront the person or convert the person.  I can also see Derick flipping the heck out at this person, waving his arms around madly while Jill stands by and giggles nervously.   Twitter rants would be immediate.  Derick is a loose cannon. He either got fired from TLC or removed himself from TLC over Jazz, a human being who has nothing to do with Derick whatsoever. That's really kooky and irrational thinking.  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

I believe that the Seewalds agree with Derick. 

I do think Ben has more kindness in him though.  Plus, Derick seems to very mentally unstable and that's throws a curve into it.  

Le'ts just say that Ben encountered a transgender person at the playground or at an event. I think Ben would stay quiet.  Jessa would walk away. 

Derick?  I can see Derick doing a variety of different things.  He might stay quiet but he also might try to confront the person or convert the person.  I can also see Derick flipping the heck out at this person, waving his arms around madly while Jill stands by and giggles nervously.   Twitter rants would be immediate.  Derick is a loose cannon. He either got fired from TLC or removed himself from TLC over Jazz, a human being who has nothing to do with Derick whatsoever. That's really kooky and irrational thinking.  

I agree 100%. Jessa and Ben would at worst be vaguely rude by not acknowledging someone-more likely they would interact in the least necessary way possible, and then get back to the car/house and immediately pray for that person. 

Derrick...I seriously worry that he would embark on a crazy harassment campaign, like calling the police on someone trans for being at a playground. 

• Love 8

Not sure which thread to post this photo in because I don't know who the pants-wearing woman is - but I'm pretty sure I recognize Bin in the hat. So could that be Jessa? Or is it Jinger, cuz that might be Jeremeee pushing a stroller. And the hair looks thin like Jinger's. I zoomed in on the kid the woman is carrying and it looks like a girl, but I don't recognize her. I'm thinking the whole clan went to Silver Dollar City.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I don't think that's Jeremy, or Jessa in this pic. But there's another one that looks like Jessa from behind. https://www.facebook.com/theduggarfamblog/photos/a.613640062098341.1073741841.608378645957816/1346946375434369/?type=3&theater 

And look - the plaid-shirt-tied-around-waist woman is next to what may be Jessa - so I bet plaid shirt is Jinger. IMHO, I do think that looks like Jeremeee, but the kids in the strollers don't look like any Spurg or Henry, so who knows? And if that is Jessa in pink, is she wearing leggings only? Or is that a skirt over them? Oh the intrigue! LOL

Any chance the bearded guy is Josh?

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

And look - the plaid-shirt-tied-around-waist woman is next to what may be Jessa - so I bet plaid shirt is Jinger. IMHO, I do think that looks like Jeremeee, but the kids in the strollers don't look like any Spurg or Henry, so who knows? And if that is Jessa in pink, is she wearing leggings only? Or is that a skirt over them? Oh the intrigue! LOL

Whoever is in the pinkish sweater is definitely wearing a navy-blue straight skirt over the leggings. So if that's all this is, then it's kind of nothing, isn't it? They do that all the time. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Whoever is in the pinkish sweater is definitely wearing a navy-blue straight skirt over the leggings. So if that's all this is, then it's kind of nothing, isn't it? They do that all the time. 

Agreed for the pink sweatered woman. My original post was about the plaid shirted woman who looks like she may just have leggings on with a shirt tied around, and I thought that might be Jessa, which would be new for her.  It's actually impossible to tell though what's under that plaid shirt tied at the waist - there could easily be a skirt under there too.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Agreed for the pink sweatered woman. My original post was about the plaid shirted woman who looks like she may just have leggings on with a shirt tied around, and I thought that might be Jessa, which would be new for her.  It's actually impossible to tell though what's under that plaid shirt tied at the waist - there could easily be a skirt under there too.

I have a short attention span. By the time I got to the pink sweater, I forgot about the plaid shirt! You certainly can't see a skirt in that one. So the possibility remains!

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, cmr2014 said:

Just a few years ago, J'chelle was comfortable making robo-calls about transgender people in public bathrooms, but today she feels compelled to keep her mouth shut.

I think JB and Michelle bitterly regret the robocalls. At the time, they were riding high, basking in the adoration of their leghumpers and getting generally positive attention from the media (People covers, pregnancy announcements on the Today show, etc.) and they thought they were invincible. The robocalls not only brought a ton of bad publicity down on them, it inadvertently led to Josh being exposed as a molester. While I'm sure that they're still convinced their position was right, they would probably give anything to go back and undo it. And ever since then, they've been extremely careful not to stick their necks out again. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If they bitterly regret it, it’s because of the backlash against them, not because they gained any enlightenment over people treatment matters.

I wish they had gotten some backlash when Michelle went out of her way to make sure a little local mom & pop store wouldn't be able to sell beer.

• Love 12

What is it about extreme beliefs like Scientology and Fundamental Christianity that gets folks to a place of believing they know better than the rest of the world?

The Duggar tagline of we do things a little different really means that we're not sinners like the rest of you. Michelle campaigning against alcohol, inclusive bathrooms, reproductive rights and Tom Cruise vehemently announcing to the world that psychiatric medications are ruining people.

Who, or what, is feeding their egos to the point of them proudly and intrusively owning these extreme beliefs to the point of judging and pitying anyone who believes differently?

• Love 17
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What is it about extreme beliefs like Scientology and Fundamental Christianity that gets folks to a place of believing they know better than the rest of the world?

The Duggar tagline of we do things a little different really means that we're not sinners like the rest of you. Michelle campaigning against alcohol, inclusive bathrooms, reproductive rights and Tom Cruise vehemently announcing to the world that psychiatric medications are ruining people.

Who, or what, is feeding their egos to the point of them proudly and intrusively owning these extreme beliefs to the point of judging and pitying anyone who believes differently?

I think if you're a fearful, control-freaky, authoritarian personality (and I don't think you'd ever buy into one of these all-or-nothing things permanently if you weren't), then some promise from God or Xenu or whoever that you are one of the chosen few who know that everybody else has their heads up their asses and is likely to burn in a lake of fire for eternity would probably pump your ego up pretty substantially -- and fill you with a desire to tell everybody about it. ... Don't you think? 

Plus, at least in the Dugg-type-Xtian case, the Top Guy of the entire universe tells them that it's their mission to tell all the rest of us what the deal is and says that, if we persist in not believing, it's going to delay Jim Bob's and Meeechelle's grand and glorious eternal future living next to the Top Guy's throne, too. So they're probably pissed at us about that. 

They feel as if they're part of the biggest thing there is. And I expect that's a heady drug. 

I mean, if you truly believe that one day you were just overtaken by the truth of every single thing in the universe -- that all doubt and confusion is removed from you by your conversion -- and you are a fearful person who's made very uncomfortable by doubt in the first place, then I think that would really really turn you on.

Some people just really really can't tolerate ambiguity or difference, just by nature, it seems to me. And I think all the people who buy these beliefs for life are that way, really. .... And these religions tell them they're right to feel that way -- and give them a license to go around squelching things that they see as different and undesirable, and even gives them a list of what those things are. 

God told me I can control you! And I'm doing it on his behalf! Any control freak has got to absolutely love that, right? 

• Love 13
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, GeeGolly said:

I'd be very surprised if Jessa and Ben didn't agree with Derick. The Bible won't let them wrap their heads around anything LGBTQ. 

It's too bad they can't read in the original languages, or hear from someone who understands the original languages in which the Bible was written. Because I've seen a lot of explanations, which to me seemed completely plausible and logical, that the Bible does NOT condemn homosexuality as we understand it.

@Caracoa1, I, too, will be shocked and flabbergasted if Jessa isn't pg before Henry's first bday.

• Love 8

I don't know how to link but Jessa is telling off her Instagram followers again.  She posted a pic of Henry in the car drinking from a Starbucks cup. 

You go, Jessa, with your feisty self!  Show those Mommy shamers they are dealing with the Duggar who doesn't keep sweet!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I don't know how to link but Jessa is telling off her Instagram followers again.  She posted a pic of Henry in the car drinking from a Starbucks cup. 

You go, Jessa, with your feisty self!  Show those Mommy shamers they are dealing with the Duggar who doesn't keep sweet!

Kid was probably polishing off the last of the steamed milk or foam in the cup.  Coffee tastes bitter so he probably didn’t like it much for too long. Other than her appalling housekeeping, she does seem to have some parenting sense.

She’s not posting pictures of her kid licking fans, eating bugs, or swaddled so tight he’s throwing a fit like her half wit sister.  And, unlike Jill, seems to want her kids and is an engaged and loving mother.

• Love 7

He's got water and a straw. Why the hell would people be attacking her? The do plenty to earn disdain, but nothing in those pics should be called out. Although, my mom has a thing about barefoot babies, and she would call that out. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

He's got water and a straw. Why the hell would people be attacking her? The do plenty to earn disdain, but nothing in those pics should be called out. Although, my mom has a thing about barefoot babies, and she would call that out. 

Maybe because he's sitting in the car with no car seat or seat belt?  Idk. As for being barefoot, the younger of my twin girls hates shoes and socks. She will yank them off and hurl them across the room.  Maybe Henry is the same way. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

It does seem silly!  The only thing I can think of is what QuinnInND said above.  No car seat.  BUT at least he isn't drinking tomato sauce from the can.  He does look more Spurgeon like in that pic.

• Love 3

So Jessa was allegedly driving while she took that photo of her baby, who was not correctly seated in a rear facing baby seat but in a front passenger seat, ready for imminent decapitation when the airbag deploys, because Jessa, too busy on her iPhone, will crash the car?

She got 136,000 likes for that post. She has 2 million instagram followers. That’s more people than live in my metro area. 

Edited by Kokapetl
54 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

So Jessa was allegedly driving while she took that photo of her baby, who was not correctly seated in a rear facing baby seat but in a front passenger seat, ready for imminent decapitation when the airbag deploys, because Jessa, too busy on her iPhone, will crash the car?

She got 136,000 likes for that post. She has 2 million instagram followers. That’s more people than live in my metro area. 

Who says she was driving? I've waited with my grandkids while their parents go into a store.  Sometimes they take so long, I let the kids out of their safety seats until we're ready to drive again. :)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Who says she was driving? I've waited with my grandkids while their parents go into a store.  Sometimes they take so long, I let the kids out of their safety seats until we're ready to drive again. :)

I should clarify, I don’t think she was driving, or that the car was moving. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I very much doubt she was driving. She has had a couple of missteps on social media, if I recall, for issues where some people took her to task for perceived lapses in safety, and Jill has certainly had her share of those as well. I think Jessa is savvy enough to have a sense of how some things are going to go over (even if she sorely misjudged the "messy house= involved mother fiasco), and she has seen enough criticism where the kids' safety is concerned that she would never make this blatant of a mistake. Actually, I'm kind of surprised that she would post those photos to start with, as she should have anticipated that there would be some people out there who would assume she was driving him around like that.

• Love 2

I had to come and see Henry and saw that filthy floor. I had to stop mid thread to wash a floor. GAH! I saw a blip somewhere about Bin saying something stupid so how could I not hop on this thread. The boy is ignorant. Also realized my church of record is SS Cosmas and Damian.Never had given it a thought before! LOL! We were not allowed to see those movies back when so I never put that together.  Wilberforce huh? ODD! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Imagine how many she’d have if she hadn’t banned everyone.  She would literally smite each and every person who disagreed with her or said something snippy to her. Makes me wonder how much time she spent on SM. 

• Love 5