Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I find the "adorable" shirt to be eye-trap for every figure flaw, and the overall look for/on Jessa I would best describe as "boxy".  The shirt is reasonable on the lady model, except too much extra fabric gathered at the bottom.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I find the "adorable" shirt to be eye-trap for every figure flaw, and the overall look for/on Jessa I would best describe as "boxy".  The shirt is reasonable on the lady model, except too much extra fabric gathered at the bottom.

Jessa has a big W and an O right on her boobs!  Besides that, who wants to wear a shirt with Waco on it?  Good luck being a modesty fashion icon, Jessa!

• Love 7
(edited)

Did someone say eyetraps? Gotta love Gothard. 

Screenshot-2015-10-14-14.08.59-e1449978518351.png

And anytime mentions Waco, I still think of David Koresh and the Branch Dividians. I happened to have the day off of work when that all went down. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 18
(edited)

#1 eyetrap is so lame and why fundie girls need teeshirt wedding dresses. Even lace up to the neck (as I had in my dress) isn't modest enough. Of course, the back of my wedding dress was an almost backless keyhole. I wonder what their reaction would have been to my dress had they been at my wedding? Fundie girls are getting more daring in their dresses of late. 

eta: I had full lace sleeves to the wrist. It's usually cool where I got married. It happened to be almost 90 that day. At least in mostly lace, I didn't die. I felt for the guys until pictures were done. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Ole pervy Gothard must've had a thing for Princess Di, since all the eye trap "fashions" look like her 80s wardrobe, especially #5...... which is a complete rip-off, even her stance.

I can also imagine JB drooling (or worse) over a magazine cover with Princess Di. Hence, Mullet's wardrobe to this day.

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

What's the problem with #6?

Or #s 2, 3, 4 and 5 really. And for that matter #1.

Here you go Jessa, you can wear this to your conference. Minus the hair adornment. 

fedac60f917750f5a6f7b3f130901e9f.jpg

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Or #s 2, 3, 4 and 5 really. And for that matter #1.

Here you go Jessa, you can wear this to your conference. Minus the hair adornment. 

fedac60f917750f5a6f7b3f130901e9f.jpg

Three layers of clothing on the top, yet I'd imagine old GotHard would still manage to be defrauded because the middle layer comes to  "v" at roughly the area that the cleavage would be if it was visible. And, of course, we don't know what's on her feet. Though didn't he declare feet non-sexual? All the better to lust over them privately with no-one the wiser?

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Everything with Jessa is big news. She's so smug, she thinks we should all be in awe of everything she does, as if she split the atom or found the cure for cancer or landed on the moon.

Lmao Arwen. You cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh :D

Edited by PinkyCupcake
Typo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, drafan said:

Ole pervy Gothard must've had a thing for Princess Di, since all the eye trap "fashions" look like her 80s wardrobe, especially #5...... which is a complete rip-off, even her stance.

I can also imagine JB drooling (or worse) over a magazine cover with Princess Di. Hence, Mullet's wardrobe to this day.

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who saw Princess Di. Uhm, as a working princess, one has to dress with care. Look at Princess Kate now. She's stylish, but definitely on the conservative side.

(edited)

What is the problem with #2?  All I can see is that the model has a short stylish bob hairdo.  That's probably taboo in Gothard land.

13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

patterns on the legs 

The pattern on #6's legs looks like she hasn't shaved her legs in a while.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who saw Princess Di. Uhm, as a working princess, one has to dress with care. Look at Princess Kate now. She's stylish, but definitely on the conservative side.

Diana and Kate have both shown us that modesty doesn't mean frumpiness.

• Love 12
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They are/were designer's dreams, tall and lean.

I think if the Duggar girls were tall & lean, they'd still look like frumps.  Remember when Michelle got that free wedding dress from a designer, she sill managed to frump it up.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Mechelle was about 5'3" at her tallest. Not tall and hourglass shaped. 

A good designer can design something to make even Michelle look stylish.  The sad thing is that Michelle either wouldn't wear it or would re-design it herself to look frumpy or her version of modest.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did someone say eyetraps? Gotta love Gothard. 

Screenshot-2015-10-14-14.08.59-e1449978518351.png

And anytime mentions Waco, I still think of David Koresh and the Branch Dividians. I happened to have the day off of work when that all went down. 

Is this fo real? I guess I can see where the lace in 1 and the slit in 4 are 'bad', maybe whatever crap is on the legs of the pilgrim dress in 6? Besides them all looking like 1982 frump wear, I seriously don't understand what could be wrong with 2, 3, 5.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is this fo real? I guess I can see where the lace in 1 and the slit in 4 are 'bad', maybe whatever crap is on the legs of the pilgrim dress in 6? Besides them all looking like 1982 frump wear, I seriously don't understand what could be wrong with 2, 3, 5.

I do.  2,3,5 have tops that end on the hips.  Your eye is drawn to the lady parts area.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

This is truly fo' real. I googled Gothard eye traps and found that someone had kindly posted this on Recovering Grace, but it's part and parcel of the Wisdumb Booklets. 

• Love 2

The issue with outstanding mystery fashion- boobs.  Bows around neck dangling between breasts, necklace, necklines coming to a point = highlight ownership of boobs.  You wonder why these girls are so fucked up? They're told regularly it's a sin to possess  breasts, like they can do anything about it. Any time a man looks at your breasts - your fault.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ariel said:

A good designer can design something to make even Michelle look stylish.  The sad thing is that Michelle either wouldn't wear it or would re-design it herself to look frumpy or her version of modest.

The dress was a PR stunt for TLC. The dress was a sample from Kleinfelds and they had a limited time to make alterations. The strapless dress became the patented t-shirt top bridal gown.

Kleinfelds has at least one dedicated consultant for brides who need a gown that fits their religious criteria or can be modified for religious reasons. There's been at least one Orthodox Jewish bride on Say Yes to the Dress. They could have found something modest and stylish with one of those consultants. The sample dress was likely free due to the cross TLC promotion and the cost of alterations minimal. Doubtful TLC and/or Kleinfelds would have swallowed the cost for a brand new made to order gown.

I stand firm in thinking that Michelle's modesty concerns would vanish if she wasn't vain and very out of shape - not that a 50 year old woman who has had 20 pregnancies, breastfed for 2/3 of her life, and never really worked out is going have body that doesn't look wrecked. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I stand firm in thinking that Michelle's modesty concerns would vanish if she wasn't vain and very out of shape - not that a 50 year old woman who has had 20 pregnancies, breastfed for 2/3 of her life, and never really worked out is going have body that doesn't look wrecked. 

I wonder if a doctor offered Michelle free liposuction, would she do it (for free)?

14 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Honestly she's not in that bad a shape, and is fairly athletic. I'm sure her abdomen looks like she stepped on a land mine, though.

• Love 6

If those outfits that swathe one from head to toe in fabric aren't modest, I honestly don't know what a woman COULD wear that would drive those horny bastards wild. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Honestly she's not in that bad a shape, and is fairly athletic. I'm sure her abdomen looks like she stepped on a land mine, though.

I think she looks like she has osteoparosis with a bit of a stoop and lordosis/swayback, waddles like she has hip joint issues, has no shape left from the neck to the knee, and yeah, her abdomen has to be a mess. Then we have The Possum on her head that looks like it's about to keel over. She does seem to be one of those women who somehow manages to not have a double chin or very many wrinkles.

What makes you think she is fairly athletic? Seriously asking, not arguing. She looks to me like the kind who flounced more than any sort of stunting or tumbling in the 80s when she was a cheerleader. I could be wrong. None of them seem to have an ounce of interest in physical activity, except Jessa as an extension of Bin, and she seems to have dropped all that now.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think she looks like she has osteoparosis with a bit of a stoop and lordosis/swayback, waddles like she has hip joint issues, has no shape left from the neck to the knee, and yeah, her abdomen has to be a mess. Then we have The Possum on her head that looks like it's about to keel over. She does seem to be one of those women who somehow manages to not have a double chin or very many wrinkles.

What makes you think she is fairly athletic? Seriously asking, not arguing. She looks to me like the kind who flounced more than any sort of stunting or tumbling in the 80s when she was a cheerleader. I could be wrong. None of them seem to have an ounce of interest in physical activity, except Jessa as an extension of Bin, and she seems to have dropped all that now.

Bbbbut..you forgot to mention that missing back muscle....

• Love 6

What makes you think she is fairly athletic? Seriously asking, not arguing.

She was rollerskating backwards after baby 18 or so, and works out daily - on an elpitical. I'm sure she has osteoporosis, but it won't mess her up for a few more years yet. She's avoided stress for the past 20 years by letting her kids raise themselves, too. She eats reasonably healthy, better than the slop the kids get. All that said, her day of health reckoning is coming.

She does seem to be one of those women who somehow manages to not have a double chin or very many wrinkles.

giphy.gif

She spares no expense, on herself.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ariel said:

I wonder if a doctor offered Michelle free liposuction, would she do it (for free)?

Liposuction doesn't remove much, and it does nothing for excess skin or stretched out abdominal muscles. If she chose to do something it should be a tummy tuck.  The before and after on Kate Gosselin was astonishing. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, queenanne said:

The issue with outstanding mystery fashion- boobs.  Bows around neck dangling between breasts, necklace, necklines coming to a point = highlight ownership of boobs.  You wonder why these girls are so fucked up? They're told regularly it's a sin to possess  breasts, like they can do anything about it. Any time a man looks at your breasts - your fault.

Gothard and company take it to an extreme, but women have been getting this message for years, Even now, schools use the excuse that their dress codes are because certain clothes for girls distract boys in the classroom, but they don't say boys clothing is distracting for girls. What Gothard depicts as eye traps surely would be approved in any school setting, and almost anywhere else for that matter, but males blaming females for their sexual excitement is as old as dirt.

• Love 15

Funnily enough, one of our Women's TV Channel shows Fixer Upper, so I've watched a few episode, since I love stuff like that. I don't particularly like the Gaineses though - he is childish and she is pushy.  I hope I don't offend any of you US lot, but goodness, american houses seem so flimsy. Ours are built of stone and mortar and bricks and can't just be done up that quickly. The way they just rip out anything is astounding.

Waco brings up memories of that horrible shoot out.........but it does look quite green and pleasant.

But buying such a crappy Tshirt is just....well.......the design draws attention to her bazookas. Which is fine really, if that's what she wants, but then, please do not blather on about modesty Madam! You are not modest.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Michelle is definitely athletic, more than anyone else in the family. Like has already been mentioned, she works out regularly. And years ago when the family went water-skiing, she was one of the few--if not the only one--who was able to do it well after just a couple of falls. IIRC she also was in a number of sports in high school, not just cheerleading.

She really could have been something if fundamentalism hadn't gotten to her.

• Love 4
(edited)

That Gothard diagram is soooo from the early 90's.  When women wore white tights with their outfits. (me too).  I thought it was bad taste to wear a sports-type T-shirt with a skirt.  Both those chicks are doing it, it looks dumb and sloppy to me.  Henry looks like a very large lump of skin colored clay with baby clothes on it.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The dress was a PR stunt for TLC. The dress was a sample from Kleinfelds and they had a limited time to make alterations. The strapless dress became the patented t-shirt top bridal gown.

Kleinfelds has at least one dedicated consultant for brides who need a gown that fits their religious criteria or can be modified for religious reasons. There's been at least one Orthodox Jewish bride on Say Yes to the Dress. They could have found something modest and stylish with one of those consultants. The sample dress was likely free due to the cross TLC promotion and the cost of alterations minimal. Doubtful TLC and/or Kleinfelds would have swallowed the cost for a brand new made to order gown.

Yep, Kleinfeld's has an entire section of the store, complete with its own staff, devoted to modest wedding dresses, mostly for their Orthodox Jewish clientele.  The whole thing, complete with the howlers running amok among the dresses and Michelle refusing to allow a female bridal consultant to see her brassiere, was completely staged for the show.  TLC understands that the 'weirdo factor' associated with the Duggars and their belief system is a draw for viewers.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, queenanne said:

It reminds me of Carrie - "Dirty Pillows"

• Love 8