Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Love this!

But I doubt the woman who bakes the stove manual has ever heard of parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme - the seasonings or the song.

Isn't her husband Ben the one who is a foodie and family cook? Why is it assumed that the woman must be a culinary expert? Why so sexist?

• LOL 4
On 7/8/2022 at 6:06 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

She just said they planned to move it. They have tons of land parcels in need of a house. I expect it to go to one of those plots. It looks like the city is in contract with them for the land, maybe Jason will pay her for the actual house.

Why on earth would they move the Mold House? Keeping things out of the landfill, sure Jan. Who would buy a house that has/had a mold infestation?

• Like 3
Just now, LilJen said:

Why on earth would they move the Mold House? Keeping things out of the landfill, sure Jan. Who would buy a house that has/had a mold infestation?

Is it in the wallboard? It can be replaced.

25 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Isn't her husband Ben the one who is a foodie and family cook? Why is it assumed that the woman must be a culinary expert? Why so sexist?

Huh? The discussion was about names for children, not about who feeds the family.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh? The discussion was about names for children, not about who feeds the family.

"Woman who bakes the stove manual" has nothing to do with names either.

As far as that song goes, I would bet most people her age never heard of it. I'm sure my nephews who are in her age range wouldn't know it. 

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

woman who bakes the stove manual 

Yes. The person who baked the stove manual likely would not know the names of seasonings. That person happened to be Jessa. Jessa is a woman.

But, again it has nothing to do with gender roles or who is supposed to feed a family.

My response was in regard to what Jessa could name her future girls.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes. The person who baked the stove manual likely would not know the names of seasonings. That person happened to be Jessa. Jessa is a woman.

But, again it has nothing to do with gender roles or who is supposed to feed a family.

Not seeing something in the back of the oven also has nothing to do with knowing the names of spices. 

People in their 20s and 30s not knowing a song that was made popular in a movie in the late 60s is hardly unusual. I'm sure my nephews in that age range wouldn't know it.

(edited)

Fern's birthday is very soon. I'm looking forward to the couch reveal. Will it be Big Birtha or will it be the couch that every influencer known to man has, or will it be something different?

Team Birtha or Team New?

My guess is something like this:

image.png.361cd4da8414a2dd7c2ad82dfbc7ee2d.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Ha. Do you think she knows where Scarborough is? Or even how to pronounce it?

She might be able to pronounce it, bur she probably can't spell it (remember "walla"?).

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

My response was in regard to what Jessa could name her future girls.

And per their mother and Gothard, Jessa and her sisters were raised to be homemakers (as if). Not sexist to point out their beliefs.  At which they fail miserably.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 9
  • Applause 11
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

And per their mother and Gothard, Jessa and her sisters were raised to be homemakers (as if). Not sexist to point out their beliefs.  At which they fail miserably.

This is very true! 👏🏽💯

However my original post had nothing to do with gender roles it was about naming babies. 🙃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This is very true! 👏🏽💯

However my original post had nothing to do with gender roles it was about naming babies. 🙃

I know lol, but someone else thought it was sexist.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Fern's birthday is very soon. I'm looking forward to the couch reveal. Will it be Big Birtha or will it be the couch that every influencer known to man has, or will it be something different?

Team Birtha or Team New?

My guess is something like this:

image.png.361cd4da8414a2dd7c2ad82dfbc7ee2d.png

I wonder if Jessa will keep Birtha around in some manner, and tell the kids she squeezed out on that thing, "I pushed you out on that sofa, and I almost died."  Didn't Michelle tell her kids that she herself "could have died" while giving birth?  Or did I misremember that?

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder if Jessa will keep Birtha around in some manner, and tell the kids she squeezed out on that thing, "I pushed you out on that sofa, and I almost died."  Didn't Michelle tell her kids that she herself "could have died" while giving birth?  Or did I misremember that?

Yup, she said something to that effect on their birthdays. She might as well as opened the old show with, I have 19 kids and I could have died 17 times delivering them.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
On 7/8/2022 at 5:47 AM, Snow Fairy said:

So new pregnancy announcement will follow soon?

I wonder if Jessa isn’t already pregnant.  Her face looks fuller in her latest YT video.

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1

This is Jessa’s chance to put her foot to the floor and zoom past JFelon and Anna in the baby stakes.  I could see her gleefully (well gleefully for her) births Baby Blessas and Bins with shorter gaps to prove she is the most blessed of them all.  Until Kendra pops out some out without worry or care or even noticing.

• Sad 5
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

But Jessa did almost die and had to have an ambulance ride to the hospital before she bled out.  I'm sure that  will make a terrifying story to tell the kids.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

But Jessa did almost die and had to have an ambulance ride to the hospital before she bled out.  I'm sure that  will make a terrifying story to tell the kids.

Michelle’s “Moth—-er iiiiis bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeding”

• Thanks 3
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup, she said something to that effect on their birthdays. She might as well as opened the old show with, I have 19 kids and I could have died 17 times delivering them.

Michelle needs to think outside the box … surely she could have died, been revived, and then died again once or twice!  Bring it up to 20 at least!

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, LavendarRose said:

This is Jessa’s chance to put her foot to the floor and zoom past JFelon and Anna in the baby stakes.  I could see her gleefully (well gleefully for her) births Baby Blessas and Bins with shorter gaps to prove she is the most blessed of them all.  Until Kendra pops out some out without worry or care or even noticing.

Give that Kendra's mom is still having babies at 41 and Kendra is 5 years younger than Jessa, I think Joe & Kendra are going to give her a run for her money on being the family with the most Duggar grandchildren.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maybe they’ll move Birtha outdoors and call her patio furniture or they could raffle her off… some lucky person could win Birtha for their man cave, basement or rec room!

Or Birtha could have a new life traveling with a carnival sideshow, “Step right up and see Pecker the 3 legged chicken and Birtha the wonder couch!”

• LOL 14

It seems other than plants, clothes, toys and kitchen ware, everything is new - even the wall "art".

Spurgie was quoted as saying about a waitress, "she just wants our money". Well, yes she does and I'm guessing if she spends her hard earned money, on say, a couch, she wouldn't want birthing fluids, kids boogers, dirty shoes and crumbs ground into it. Or if this waitress refinished her floors she wouldn't want her kids ruining it with their outside toys.

This makes me think the money they're spending is saved up TLC money, because Ben and Jessa seem to be spending like its monopoly money and don't care that their kids are damaging the house before they have even moved in. 

Or then we go back to, whose house is it anyway? Maybe they're spending the church's money.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
On 7/9/2022 at 9:02 PM, Dehumidifier said:

It was interesting and entertaining because it was so different from all the standard home shows

I loved that show. I especially liked the episode where Donna drove the truck instead of Gary.  She didn’t spill a drop. 

On topic: I can understand to keep the mold house. My sisters and I signed the rental property we inherited from our grandfather back to our grandmother because my dad dad after his dad but before his mom.  In hindsight, I wish we had just one of the houses. While the income from a dozen rental properties would be sweet right now, it’s the sentimental value because my grandfather built it with his own hands. I can’t knock them for wanting to hold on to family history.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

None of the kids can hold a candle to Jessa when it comes to sucking up to Daddy. Probably very few of them want to anymore.

I agree Jessa is one of the best suck-ups to JB, but I believe she's in the majority and not the minority. I actually believe even Jill, after seeing another side to JB, would love to be in his good graces again. I believe Derick would like to be too. The only one who I think barely cares at all is Jeremy, but even he doesn't want to make waves because of Jinger.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

image.thumb.png.c067f07efcb2215315d57641fef7ac25.png

Wonder what Fern got in her pillow cases and Amazon boxes?

Fern is a little cutie pie!  I think she has a very unique look, unlike any other baby I’ve ever seen, and I don’t think she looks a thing like the Duggar side of the family.  Her eyes are gorgeous.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Fern is a little cutie pie!  I think she has a very unique look, unlike any other baby I’ve ever seen, and I don’t think she looks a thing like the Duggar side of the family.  Her eyes are gorgeous.  

I think Fern is all Seewald and very much resembles Ben's sisters and mom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I know it's mean, but since Jessa seems to have as many children as possible, I hope someone plays a trick on her.  The next time she's pregnant, I want someone to suggest Vecna as a name.  Say it means something Godly, like Gods Chosen something or other, make up a few Bible verses that don't exist, and see what happens.

"Jesus said to Vecna, You are well named.  This is the task that my Father has chosen for you.  Your words and deeds have truly proved that you are among the best of my followers.  Stay here, and continue to speak my words in service to my Father. "

I'd love to see how quickly someone tells her that Vecna is an evil god in DnD.

• LOL 19
41 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I know it's mean, but since Jessa seems to have as many children as possible, I hope someone plays a trick on her.  The next time she's pregnant, I want someone to suggest Vecna as a name.  Say it means something Godly, like Gods Chosen something or other, make up a few Bible verses that don't exist, and see what happens.

"Jesus said to Vecna, You are well named.  This is the task that my Father has chosen for you.  Your words and deeds have truly proved that you are among the best of my followers.  Stay here, and continue to speak my words in service to my Father. "

I'd love to see how quickly someone tells her that Vecna is an evil god in DnD.

This made me laugh!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Jessa think the name Ben and the bearded emoji wasn't clear enough for her followers to be assured she is married to a man?!? ♂️

image.png.b51b534bc9195883d18cf7675962763b.png

I wonder how many joke inquiries come through on that business email address?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Jessica, Jessa's SIL, is living in Germany with her Air Force husband for the next 3 years. I wonder how Jessa processes these things. Like, her SIL went from a cop married to a cop, a divorcee and now an Air Force wife living in Germany, meanwhile Jessa gave birth to Ivy and Fern during that time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6