Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa got the Valentine's Day memo. At least their kissing has improved.

I think they should both open their eyes and start again on this kiss.  Ben missed Jessa's lips by a long shot and Jessa's tongue is searching for Ben's mouth but only found the stubble on his chin.  I don't think they actually kiss very much.  Jessa posted this, not understanding that this is an example of a really bad, missed-the-mark kiss.  Along with examples of 'how to cook a roast', she should view some 'how to kiss' videos on YouTube. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa looks pregnant. Could JD and one of the twins be engaged to these two?

Screen+Shot+2018-02-13+at+12.48.12+PM.pn

Engaged? That's Laura DeMasie and Jenny Hartono, longtime Duggar buds.

Also, "best friends forever" is a weird caption for a romantic kissing photo.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I think they should both open their eyes and start again on this kiss.  Ben missed Jessa's lips by a long shot and Jessa's tongue is searching for Ben's mouth but only found the stubble on his chin.  I don't think they actually kiss very much.  Jessa posted this, not understanding that this is an example of a really bad, missed-the-mark kiss.  Along with examples of 'how to cook a roast', she should view some 'how to kiss' videos on YouTube. 

I didn't see how bad of a miss it was until I just got onto a desktop! I retract my statement about their kissing being improved! 

• Love 6

Jessa's definitely pregnant, her face is very puffy, and they still haven't mastered how to kiss. She looks like she's forcing Bin towards her and he's reeling back like he's being kissed on the mouth by his 88 year-old great-aunt.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It looks Jenni (based on comparing to her Instagram) and that's definitely Maisie. I think they're both too old for anyone other than JD. The -iah twins (who are 19) will probably follow current family trend and court an 18 year old girl who turns 19 conveniently before the wedding. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Tongue? What do you mean by tongue? Kissing is two sets of puckered lips smooshed together with slight head rotation.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe it's a trick of the light, but the girl beside Jessa looks like she's wearing a see-thru skirt and I can see her legs?  The poor girl next to her in the purple, looks like she's wearing a plastic skirt with paint spatters all over it.  What was going on?

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, graefin said:

Engaged? That's Laura DeMasie and Jenny Hartono, longtime Duggar buds.

Also, "best friends forever" is a weird caption for a romantic kissing photo.

Yes, but long time buds who have never been featured in a Counting On promo. Even Sierra has never been part of any promotions.

Maybe TLC is hiring family friend Fundies because the Duggars are dropping like flies.

• Love 2

The girl next to Jessa looks like she is wearing a slip. I agree about the hair, but as long as daddy likes it, I bet none of the girls will cut their hair. Long hair can look good, but the right cut, color and care/treatment is needed.

The girls next to Jessa is Laura and she's wearing a jean skirt distressed/faded to look like they're worn out at the thigh area. Jana does look as if she's wearing a paint splattered skirt. She also seems to be the center of a joke or something the way they're all smiling at her.

• Love 9

The photo is a still from the season trailer. Some of the Duggars visited JinJer in Laredo. It may be the same trip they visit the Magnolia Silos in Waco (they always seem to go).  They're helping the Vuolos move into their new house. In the trailer scene, a producer asks the group when JinJer would need a nursery and one of them says in about ten months.  

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 2

The Vuolos closed on their place in late June, so this would have been filmed just after the horrible after show that closed out last season (end of June/ beginning of July). Jessa wasn't pregnant then or we'd know it by now. As I wrote in my previous post, she was still shedding Henry weight around this time. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I notice Jessa didn't forget to publicly state that Ben messes up...and he apologizes for it instantly. She's still a bitch IMO.

"I don’t know another man who is as quick to ask forgiveness when he messes up as you are."  Sounds like the dominatrix has him well trained.  I can't believe she publicly humiliated Ben by posting this.  And why does she find it so difficult to say 'I love you' to him on Valentine's Day? 

• Love 20
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The girls next to Jessa is Laura and she's wearing a jean skirt distressed/faded to look like they're worn out at the thigh area. Jana does look as if she's wearing a paint splattered skirt. She also seems to be the center of a joke or something the way they're all smiling at her.

Ahh, thanks.  I am not up to date on fundie clothing like distressed jean skirts - or most fashions these days at all.  LOL.  And yes it does look as if Jana is once again the focus of a joke, and she's the only one in paint.  Was she painting a room while everyone else socialized and relaxed?  Probably.

• Love 2

Well, I don't know about the timing of when that other TLC image is from (with the twins, etc.) and maybe it was taken not long after Henry's birth and she was still shedding baby weight, but the one from Henry's birthday we have a pretty good idea how recent that one is, since it was his, you know, birthday. ;-) And she definitely looks fuller to me in the abdominal area than she did in some other photos when Henry was around, say, 6 months or so.

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

"I don’t know another man who is as quick to ask forgiveness when he messes up as you are."  Sounds like the dominatrix has him well trained.  I can't believe she publicly humiliated Ben by posting this.  

Oh, yeah. You can believe it. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Seems like a lot of Bin’s good qualities that Jessa is thankful for involve child care and housekeeping, not so romantic for Valentines Day.

Poor Bin. Wonder if the hottie was really worth it.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Seems like a lot of Bin’s good qualities that Jessa is thankful for involve child care and housekeeping, not so romantic for Valentines Day.

So I'll give Jessa a pass with this one.  I am thrilled when my hubby of almost 25 years does stuff like chainsawing, tilling, mowing, etc - most of those go under my category - he handles the paperwork, mail and taxes, among other things, as well as sharing cooking duties.  Jessa may think she has hit the jackpot.  Ben has cooked eggs, we know, he's done grocery shopping and if he's helping with diapers and the kids - he's miles ahead of Jim Bob who probably has never done any of those things.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess it's worth the tradeoff for Ben if she keeps her mouth shut during sex. 

Even then, he must be bored by now. Jessa ain't gonna go 50 shades dominatrix on him or anything.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Although it has occured to me that Jessa deliberately married someone who was different from JB in many ways! 

I think JB and Ben are very much alike. Except for focusing on physical wellness.

They both wanted a pretty girl, both needed a woman with a strong personality, both believe in the suppression of woman, both believe their Christian way is the right way, both love their kids and think they're good fathers, both keep quiet as their wives speak and take the lead, both enjoy fame and money and both have goofy laughs and helmet hair. 

• Love 12
On 2/14/2018 at 1:44 PM, GeeGolly said:

Tongue? What do you mean by tongue? Kissing is two sets of puckered lips smooshed together with slight head rotation.

You mean it's not?  That's the fundie way. 

On 2/14/2018 at 1:57 PM, Madtown said:

I just want to take shears to her hair. I wish these fundie girls would look at themselves in these pictures and realize how nasty their hair is.

But.. But.. It's their crowning glory!! 

• Love 2
On 2/14/2018 at 2:57 PM, Madtown said:

I just want to take shears to her hair. I wish these fundie girls would look at themselves in these pictures and realize how nasty their hair is.

Jessa in particular would look amazing with a shaggy bob like this. Long, scraggly hair like these girls always sport drives me up a wall. I think it detracted from Jessa's overall wedding look, as gorgeous as that dress was. I'd give Jinger as a bride the edge simply because her hair made the look more polished. When they do updos (a la Jinger at her wedding), it totally transforms their faces. All of them are pretty girls. I wonder at Jessa not trying a shorter hairdo. It would get her insane attention from everyone. But she  doesn't seem brave enough to do it. I would put money on Jinger cutting her hair first.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 5

I don't have a problem with their hair

26 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Jessa in particular would look amazing with a shaggy bob like this. Long, scraggly hair like these girls always sport drives me up a wall. I think it detracted from Jessa's overall wedding look, as gorgeous as that dress was. I'd give Jinger as a bride the edge simply because her hair made the look more polished. When they do updos (a la Jinger at her wedding), it totally transforms their faces. All of them are pretty girls. I wonder at Jessa not trying a shorter hairdo. It would get her insane attention from everyone. But she  doesn't seem brave enough to do it. I would put money on Jinger cutting her hair first.

When I saw the wedding dress Jessa chose I imagined her in a hairstyle like this. It would have made her look so elegant and not like a girl at her sweet 16. Of course, a nice updo is to classy for these people.

I don't have a problem with the long hair it's that they never style it any other way but banana curls and Jinger straight. I also hate that they never pull their hair up when they are cooking. It's as if they think the only way to look pretty is with their hair down.

Screenshot_20180215-181901.thumb.jpg.516544380c56b7d28eb11fafb4a11621.jpg

• Love 4

I don't know why Jessa and Jill are clinging to waist-length hair when it always looks like shit. I'm not saying they should go super short if they're not comfortable with it, but at least cut it to a manageable level where it looks more polished. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Exactly! Yes, Jessa would look great with that hairstyle. I just don't know how they can stand all that weight. I'm not saying they need to get pixie cuts, but some kind of cut and style would be a start or what @BitterApple said. I keep thinking that Jinger might be the first to cut hers as well, I think she's had the most progress since getting married out of all of them.

• Love 6

They probably think they are special snowflakes by having long hair aka the modest crap they have learned. Having shorter hair would bring attention to them. The sad fact is they are bringing attention to themselves, but not in good way. Of course, after looking at Derick, I can see where Jill gets some of her bad hair ideas from.

This is why I would not do well in their world because no man including my husband and/or father would tell me how to wear my hair. My husband is fine with my hair as long as I do not come home with a Marine style boot camp male hair cut. I probably would freak JB out today with my hair because I had it cut short this week because my longer hair was driving me nuts. I wanted a shorter hair style easier to take care of and while I wear my lovely CPAP straps and mask at night because my hair would get caught up in my straps while I sleep.

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They probably think they are special snowflakes by having long hair aka the modest crap they have learned. Having shorter hair would bring attention to them. The sad fact is they are bringing attention to themselves, but not in good way. Of course, after looking at Derick, I can see where Jill gets some of her bad hair ideas from.

This is why I would not do well in their world because no man including my husband and/or father would tell me how to wear my hair. My husband is fine with my hair as long as I do not come home with a Marine style boot camp male hair cut. I probably would freak JB out today with my hair because I had it cut short this week because my longer hair was driving me nuts. I wanted a shorter hair style easier to take care of and while I wear my lovely CPAP straps and mask at night because my hair would get caught up in my straps while I sleep.

Heh. You just haven’t had bed head until you wear a cpap. 

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa got the Valentine's Day memo. At least their kissing has improved.

Dearest Ben Seewald,

Thank you ever so much, dearest Ben, for not being my father!  Really I cannot tell you how much I like this about you.

Warmest regards,

Jessa Duggar Seewald

• Love 19
On February 16, 2018 at 1:20 AM, BitterApple said:

I don't know why Jessa and Jill are clinging to waist-length hair when it always looks like shit. I'm not saying they should go super short if they're not comfortable with it, but at least cut it to a manageable level where it looks more polished. 

They're clinging to the long hair because it's their countenance (MEchelle talked about it on the show), and according to them, the Bible says women shouldn't cut their hair.  It's sinful (or some shit) for women to wear short hair.  Oh, and Gothard likes it long.

• Love 4