Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, leighdear said:

We have no idea what kind of mother Jessa actually is.  We will never see the truth on their show or in posted social media photos.  Without seeing her in person, parenting in real time, we will get the same view all the leg-humpers have of Michelle's mothering.  Everything "looks" ideal, perfect and loving.  She could spend a grand total of 37 minutes a day with that kid, shooting sweet photos, then hand him off to a sister-mom for the duration.  We simply will never know the real truth. 

This × a million. For years Michelle gave off the image of the selfless, doting mother until everyone with a brain realized it was a crock of shit. Jessa commanding Jana to come cook for her and Bin making Grandma Duggar take night shifts with a newborn so he could get his beauty sleep tells me everything I need to know about those two. We'll see how involved Jessa is when she's eight kids deep and trying to survive off Bin's toilet scrubber salary.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Every time I look at Spurgey's shirt with the arrow, I think of the old "I'm with Stupid" T-shirts of days gone past.

OMG! I think you win the Internet today.  That was a big thing in the 70s, something Boob would remember because he's my age...I almost spewed my coffee up.  Fundies distance themselves from popular culture to the point of complete ignorance of it.  Awareness of popular culture sometimes pays off. You can still choose not to participate in it.  Seems to me that Fundies have enough to bang on the pulpit bout that popular culture would provide them with too many things to rail against.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Every time I look at Spurgey's shirt with the arrow, I think of the old "I'm with Stupid" T-shirts of days gone past.

And look! It's got an arrow pointing each way. One for Bin and one for Blessa!

• Love 15
(edited)

I'm just sorry they double-downed with that big Spurgeon emblazoned across the front.

Poor little Quincy, or Eliot or anything else, doesn't have a chance.

Edited by NewDigs
Triesd to add [b]Churchhoney[/b] quote. Tough to format this new board.
  • Love 3

They're still using plastic utensils, I see. Though I suppose eating from a metal bowl is a step up from using paper plates.

Sierra actually looks a lot younger when she's not wearing her heavy make-up mask.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Sierra and gang are hanging with Jessa.

I found this post odd, because Sierra posted it first and tagged Jessa (only) for some strange reason. Oh right, #famewhore

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

I also find it outrageous  she calls herself an amazing mom.  It also bothers me that kids are begging food from someone already eating.  In my book, you don't do that.  Stay the hell away from my food and I'll stay away from yours.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

I also find it outrageous  she calls herself an amazing mom.  It also bothers me that kids are begging food from someone already eating.  In my book, you don't do that.  Stay the hell away from my food and I'll stay away from yours.

She should just growl--since it looks like she's eating out of a dog dish.  

And agreed! Amazing, even good, moms teach their children manners. 

• Love 9
On 5/29/2016 at 2:19 PM, Marigold said:

Add me to the list of "surprised how motherly Jessa is"     

She seems to be doing pretty well!  I thought Jessa was a cold bitch. Even when she was dating Ben, she was so unemotional and reserved.  Michelle even tried to talk to her about warming up a bit. A few years later, jessa is still a bitch, but has warmed up with Ben and Spurge. Makes you wonder how damaged she was from what she went through with Josh and their whole crazy family in general...that she was so hesitant to be open and loving.  

Maybe it's because Spurge is part of her - and she loves herself!

• Love 6
(edited)

The arrow shit ticks me off, too. That's where it starts. He's a baby, he's your son, he's a person. He's not a damn promo piece for your whack cult, just another Jesus arrow.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

She should just growl--since it looks like she's eating out of a dog dish.  

And agreed! Amazing, even good, moms teach their children manners. 

They're just being boys, duh! Except for the girl who's all in. I still wonder why Sierra tagged Jessa, unless she is already knocked up again, and Sierra's subtext is: "This is my fabulous life with five kids in five years! This is what you have coming!!!! Whoo Pig Sooie!"

• Love 1

Certainly the Duggars and their ilk have no clue WHY arrows are so popular now. The TV show? Project Runway? It certainly isn't religious, but they are co-opting it for their own means to an end. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, duggarfan said:

Yes, they have. Several times.

Wrong. They merely took Psalms 127.3-5 off the masthead of their old website. They were VERY OPENLY quiverfull until they experienced extreme backlash. The both ascribed to "as many children as God will give" as well as "Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court."  

They only had the opening lines on the masthead, but they cited that entire verse. Sorry, but that is about as quiverfull as one can be. Oh, don't forget the charting of Michelle's cycles "like a hawk." I believe that came out of young Jill's mouth in an early special. Tell me again how this is not quiverfull? Because  all signs point squarely in that direction, no matter how much the Duggars tried to distance themselves from it when they were around 18 kids. THAT is irony. 

• Love 11

That quiver arrow on Spurgeon  (and Jinger 's arrow necklace), are making me feel sick!

That arrow is a new design motif nowadays.  I've seen it all over signs and banners.  Kinda like the "Keep Calm and Carry On" stuff last year. Now wait!! I also saw it in Hobby Lobby so I'm sure they are quiver-friendly (they have Jesus fish shaped mints at the counter.  Who would buy a mint with any kind of fish thoughts attached to it?  Yuck)

• Love 2
(edited)

They've never specifically said "we're not Quiverful.", at least not to my knowledge. However, they do hawk Gothard and Pearl literature on their website and are all about the lingo and the homeschooling conferences and ALERT and Journey to the Heart and courting and modesty and "breed til you bleed" and basically every code of conduct the Quiverful philosophy dictates, so it would be really, really, really weird for them to outright deny it. They toned it down because even THEY know that shit is too weird and backward and disturbing to be readily accepted by a mainstream audience. Why, they're not a weird cult, just a good Christian family with Victorian-era values and a steadfast belief that ignorance is power. That's what America loves!

Edited by Aja
  • Love 7

i think they have said they are "not part of the Quiverful Movement".  Like they are not part of their group in a formal sense of the word.

The Duggars are definitely quiverful in their thinking and lifestyle. They were splitting hairs over the "formal group" and the" idea" of having a large quiver which they clearly follow. 

Re: arrows. I haven't seen any arrows anywhere.  I'm out of the loop. i will have to look now for arrows!

• Love 5
(edited)

People don't BELONG to any "movement" of quiverfull. They are just like-minded fundies who espouse the same religious beliefs. Smuganna espoused these same vows when they married for all of us to see. Jill and Derick have also espoused the essence of the quiverfull bible verse. Ben and Jessa have been more evasive; they wrote their own vows, which had no whiff of quiverfull doctrine in them (that was televised...maybe "pastor" Schadt had something to say to them about it that we didn't see). The question for all of these people is: do they adhere to Psalm 127.3-5? If so, they are, by definition, quiverfull. 

Mere and Pere Duggar can try to deny their beliefs after the fact, but they have 19 strikes against any claims they make to the contrary. 

eta: @Marigold I teach at a local community college and have yet to see The Arrow. But then again, our student body is about 98% non-white, and I would guess about 70% non-Christian; we have a very large Muslim contingent, but a lot of returning students found Jesus, and there are those with other or no religion. The non-Christian percentage may actually be even higher, given the influx of ESL students we have from all over the world. So yeah, no arrows here. The Christians I encounter as students tend to be moreof the Pentecostal, holy roller types (African American). And AA's have been a shrinking force on campus in the last several years, which is a trend I do not like seeing. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Sew Sumi,

wasn't that a formall/group movement going back about 15-20 years or more?  The QF idea has been floating around for a long time but I swear it was an actual group of people. I attended an IFB church back. I vaguely remember people "joining" some group of QF. I think i they presented at churches etc.  I recently tossed out the book that started it all! 

We know the Duggars are QF and they know we know they are QF but I think they were trying to squirrel out of being in a "formal group" of QF and just going with the whole QF mindset which is more acceptable.

I will look that up...not that it matters. But I'm avoiding doing work so right now it's fascinating to me.  ;)

(edited)

I'm  not sure who does/does not claim the "quiverfull" label, but the mindset was definitely going strong in the '80s when I flirted  with it.  Mary Pride's The Way Home was published  in 1985, and it lines up perfectly with the principles I've  heard the Duggars espouse.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Maybe it's because Spurge is part of her - and she loves herself!

I think Jessa seems happier (sort of) because 1) she's getting laid regularly 2) she loves Baby Spurge. That's about it. I don't think she's genuinely happy with her life overall,  but perhaps more...pleasant?  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

I think Jessa seems happier (sort of) because 1) she's getting laid regularly 2) she loves Baby Spurge. That's about it. I don't think she's genuinely happy with her life overall,  but perhaps more...pleasant?  

Plus, 3) She's back on TeeVee.

• Love 8

From Lily's & Ellie's blog:

Q: Are the Duggars part of the QuiverFull movement? 
A: The Duggars write in their second book, A Love That Multiplies: "Even though Wikipedia and some Internet blogs report that we are part of a QuiverFull movement, we are not. We are simply Bible-believing Christians who desire to follow God's Word and apply it to our lives" 

From the Bible:

Psalm 127:3-5

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

From GeeGolly :)

To me being part of a movement is not only doing said belief, but also promoting it. 

While the Duggars say they are not part of a movement, they not only follow the belief, they actually promote it. They have said at least a zillion times, "as many children as God sees fit", "every child is a blessing", "we'll see what the lord has in store for us" regarding children. And lets not forget "19 children, and I delivered everyone of them".

• Love 3
On May 29, 2016 at 9:24 PM, leighdear said:

We have no idea what kind of mother Jessa actually is.  We will never see the truth on their show or in posted social media photos.  Without seeing her in person, parenting in real time, we will get the same view all the leg-humpers have of Michelle's mothering.  Everything "looks" ideal, perfect and loving.  She could spend a grand total of 37 minutes a day with that kid, shooting sweet photos, then hand him off to a sister-mom for the duration.  We simply will never know the real truth. 

The British peerage/aristocracy thought they were being good parents by giving their kids 10 minutes a day in the drawing room.  Nanny dealt with them all day long regardless of how snotty or incorrigible they were and presented already clean and fed children to Mummy and Daddy.  Remember all those drawing room scenes on Downton Abbey?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

From Lily's & Ellie's blog:

Q: Are the Duggars part of the QuiverFull movement? 
A: The Duggars write in their second book, A Love That Multiplies: "Even though Wikipedia and some Internet blogs report that we are part of a QuiverFull movement, we are not. We are simply Bible-believing Christians who desire to follow God's Word and apply it to our lives" 

From the Bible:

Psalm 127:3-5

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

From GeeGolly :)

To me being part of a movement is not only doing said belief, but also promoting it. 

While the Duggars say they are not part of a movement, they not only follow the belief, they actually promote it. They have said at least a zillion times, "as many children as God sees fit", "every child is a blessing", "we'll see what the lord has in store for us" regarding children. And lets not forget "19 children, and I delivered everyone of them".

Gonna respond to this over in the "Duggar stuff, schooling, etc." forum, or whatever it's called, because I'm going to go way off topic here.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

I have to wonder if she finally has something to call her own after having to share her whole life and showers Bam Bam with all the love she didn't receive as a child!? At least Bam Bam is well taken care of and always looks CLEAN. 

• Love 8
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:09 AM, Jellybeans said:

I think Jessa looks happy in these pictures with her son.  

Jessa does look happier and more content these days.  Jinger said that since she had Spurgeon, she is much nicer.  And while she probably really cares about Justin and Jordan, with Spurgeon it is a whole different ball game.  After all,  it is one thing to be a sister mom and quite another to be a real mom. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Jessa does look happier and more content these days.  Jinger said that since she had Spurgeon, she is much nicer.  And while she probably really cares about Justin and Jordan, with Spurgeon it is a whole different ball game.  After all,  it is one thing to be a sister mom and quite another to be a real mom. 

As Jillmduggardillard would say - "totally"

• Love 5

Jessa has a bit more sense to not post any pictures of Spurgeon that show:

• Dirty baby
  • Bruises or scabs
  • Pink eye or other sickness
  • Saggy diaper
  • Screaming baby
  • Swaddled baby looking like a grub cuz he's wrapped so tightly
  • Visible dirt

BamBam does look very loved and well cared for and clean.

• Love 8

It shows Jessa has a concept of "good child care" and "bad child care".  Jill might be a great mother but I question her judgement putting such pictures on FB.  Doesn't she know that screaming babies, dirty babies, dangerous actions should not be happening at all but posting them on FB is plain stupid?  I guess not. That's a bit concerning...

Let's put it this way, I would NOT let Jill babysit my toddler child.  I don't think she supervises enough. Derick looks clueless as usual. 

• Love 1

It may just be a matter of timing of FB posts. Spurge looks like he just got out of the bath in those pics whereas Izzy always looks like he just came back from a hard day on the construction site. Izzy is also older and thus more independently mobile than Spurge. That said, he sure is a smiley little guy, definitely loves his Mommy. He's very cute.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, louannems said:

Is Ben possibly hopeless, lonely, weak, helpless, burdened , and even weeping!  Wow!  Not an uplifting message from a young man with a pretty wife and super cute new son!

http://theseewaldfamily.com/blog?ID=2aa625aa-1fac-4823-ae29-67fc7d378719

Yep, he's definitely gloomy as usual, isn't he? On the other hand, I guess it's a little better that this one is about empathy, sort of, instead of just eternal damnation... He must be a laff riot around the house...

• Love 1

Maybe somebody out there can help me.  Ben's blog text is too light for me to read, and the Inquisitr link had the same problem.  In fact it didn't look like anything was there.  It happens most often with links.  But I adjust brightness and make text bigger and still can't read it.  Any ideas?  MacPro

11 minutes ago, Micks Picks said:

Maybe somebody out there can help me.  Ben's blog text is too light for me to read, and the Inquisitr link had the same problem.  In fact it didn't look like anything was there.  It happens most often with links.  But I adjust brightness and make text bigger and still can't read it.  Any ideas?  MacPro

Try selecting the text and copying it into Word or any program that accepts text and you can change the font color.

You should be able to go to settings and adjust your screen.

• Love 1

Thanks Arwen, I've tried adjustments and they didn't work, so I'll judiciously use the cut and paste into word method.  No something I would want to waste time on all the time, because I waste so much time on so many other things, I'm kind of out of time to waste.  But I'll give it a try.  Thanks so much for the idea, too bad I didn't think of it.  Had just been doing the brightness and size which didn't work.

• Love 1

June 1, 2016

Someone is weeping today without a shoulder to cry on. Maybe God wants that shoulder to be mine. Someone is hurting today without anyone to comfort them. Maybe I can comfort them in Jesus’ name. Someone is lonely today and needs a friend to walk with. Maybe God means me to be that friend. Someone has their heart burdened today but no one will hear them. Maybe I can be a listening ear in Jesus’ name. Someone is weak today and needs a friend to come and help carry them through. Maybe God would have me help them.

But what if I myself am weeping, in pain, lonely, burdened, and weak. How can I bless anyone when I myself am in desperate need of help?

Then I realized that the One who wipes away our tears also shares our grief. The One who comforts us also experiences our pain in the most intimate way. The One who is a companion in our loneliness knows what it is to be despised, rejected, and utterly forsaken. The One who listens to us knows what it feels like to be misunderstood.

The One who bears our burdens on His very own back will also strengthen me to strengthen others. This one is Jesus.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.

Isaiah 53:3-5

0 Comments

• Love 1