Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: All Bets Are Off

• Start Topic

I see your point, but what I'm saying is that all of that happened before Bethenny and Jules had their sit down.  Once Bethenny and Jules sat down and talked and Jules said yes, this is something I have struggled with, it was really hard for me, I've worked hard and I've gotten to where I am, etc.  Bethenny said, I get it, I've seen this in the past with my mother, and I know how hard it is, (I'm obviously paraphrasing).  They pretty much seemed to put the issue to bed between them and it was done, they'd reached an understanding about it, until the calzone incident.  And, again, I think that incident warranted some discussion.  That's the sort of elephant in the room you can't ignore and pretend didn't happen or is normal behavior or a funny haha joke.

I think at the calzone incident, when Bethenny was trying to explain why she was really disturbed by it and Jules kept insisting that it was no big deal, it was just a joke, she was kidding! Well, that's when she realized that she likely had to put the distance there that she tried to explain tonight.  To use the terms I'd mentioned earlier, if I had a friend who just happened to drink too much one night at a party, that's not a huge issue to me (remember, I have a family history of alcohol issues).  But, if they get black out drunk every single week at a party but refuse to speak about it at all, and insist that they're just having fun, then I'm going to stop going hanging out with them at parties, because it's a situation that is not healthy for me to be in.  I'm not making their drinking about me, but I'm setting that boundary about what is healthy for me to be around.  I can't make my friend stop drinking, and Bethenny can't change Jules's eating patterns.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, SnarkKitty said:

"When you know, you know, I'm going to my deathbed with this guy." Yeah, this will end well.

My sentiments exactly.  Any bets as to whether they'll ever get married?

• Love 5

Does anyone have any idea what Adam used as a pizza crust?  It looked like a car floor mat to me.

I'm a sucker for when the ladies get along, so I really enjoyed watching Lu & Ramona walk down the street laughing at the end of their tete a tete.  During it, however, I desperately wanted Billy Eichner interrupt their arguing with a "for a dollar" question.

Bethenny & Carol were absolute asses with regard to Jules' complaints at Mama Gaga's restaurant, but what really bugged me was Bethenny's post dinner statement that Jules is paranoid because Jules told Beth some "deep, dark secrets" about her (Jules') marriage.  Beth is quick to point out that she's never revealed the secrets, but she mentions she has this dirt on Jules a couple of times.  In some respects, it kind of comes off as a threat that she could spill the beans on Jules, but she isn't right now ("now" being relative to the time of shooting, not the actual now), proving Jules is right to be concerned.  It also comes across  as Bethenny putting the idea out that there's something really wrong in Jules' marriage that is beyond what is clear on the surface of Jules' and Michael's interactions, which could be fodder for wild speculation amongst the women.  Keeping a secret about someone also includes keeping a secret that you know a secret.  True, Jules never should have confided in Bethenny, but it's still shitty behavior on B's part.

• Love 23
9 hours ago, Sai said:

No matter what an ass Bethenny has been in the past I always gave her a pass because I think she's super smart, she can be funny and I think her ex is a real asshole who royally screwed her.  I even buy her products  but she's really, really losing me this season.  If you're not kissing her ass and, God forbid, you have something even slightly negative to say she's done with you.  And what grade is she in that when she's upset with you she ignores you but then talks about you when you are two feet away.  Cripes!!!  Jules specifically said she doesn't like to be talked about behind her back and Bethenny is doing exactly that but in front of her, if that makes any sense, lol.  So freaking childish.  

I think Jason was a little bit nerdy and gullible when he met Beth. For me, his friends and his clothes (prior to Beth teaching him how to dress) back that up.  I think he was star struck by her.  Railroaded by her neediness for a relationship and a baby.  And perhaps his neediness to be happy and to make his parents happy, played into how fast he put a ring on it.  All those personality traits I bolded above were what tanked that marriage. Jason wasn't a saint but Bethenny is proving to be impossible to live with.  Or even like very much.

• Love 21

I just can't watch the Bethenny & Carole show anymore. They are truly the mean girls at the lunch table. Bethenny always seems to come across to me as almost manic. Dorinda is right when she says every get together is a shit show.

I don't like Ramona much either. 

Since we're a few episodes in I thought I might be able to get into it but it is the same things over and over and over....it's the producers just beat those horses until there is nothing left of it.

• Love 16

I tried to watch this, I really did but every time I looked up from what I was doing all I saw/heard were two, three or more women talking/shrieking over one another about god knows what trivial piece of contrived BS. I changed the channel. Possibly forever and ever.

• Love 6

I can barely believe it, but Ramona is making so much sense to me. I can actually kind of see the person who raised what at least appears to be a very well adjusted young lady. LuAnn's certainty about Tom isn't about a real person, it's about the person she's made up from the scraps of him she knows. Maybe they really are soul mates, and maybe she will end up liking him that much once she actually knows him that well. But if you haven't seen someone have a bad day, or had a crappy vacation with them, you don't know if you're compatible enough to happily spend the rest of your days together.

Also, Jules is driving me crazy. You're not in any kind of stable in recovery if you threw up three days ago. Just because she's managed to find some strategies that keep her weight in the merely medically underweight category (and yes, I can see that she's clinically underweight. She has no body fat AND her muscles are half atrophied. Unless her bones have twice the density of normal bones, it's impossible for her to have a bmi over 18,5.) rather than so severely underweight that she's acutely risks death, doesn't mean that she's not smack dab in the middle of her illness. If she used to restrict her calories to 300 per day and is now up to 900, that doesn't make her well. 

She's delusional if she thinks that people won't talk about how she avoids eating pizza by baking utensils into it. Also, she "loves her bones!" I know  Carol isn't popular right now, but "oh Jesus" was what I said at the exact same time (Jinx!).

• Love 16
59 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

Does anyone have any idea what Adam used as a pizza crust?  It looked like a car floor mat to me.

I'm a sucker for when the ladies get along, so I really enjoyed watching Lu & Ramona walk down the street laughing at the end of their tete a tete.  During it, however, I desperately wanted Billy Eichner interrupt their arguing with a "for a dollar" question.

LOLOLOLOL, "Hay bitches, for a dollar......how would you dispatch bethenny?"

A) drop a house on her

B) toss a bucket of water on her

C) laugh at her every time you make eye contact?

6 minutes ago, Atwood said:

She's delusional if she thinks that people won't talk about how she avoids eating pizza by baking utensils into it. Also, she "loves her bones!" I know  Carol isn't popular right now, but "oh Jesus" was what I said at the exact same time (Jinx!).

That is the same method Pleather Doo Brow uses to keep from eating pizza..

• Love 6
9 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Tom's the one you're going to be with on your death bed, Lu? I'd see first if you can survive a season of Hamptons decadence together.

This.  This is partly why I've said all along that I doubt they'll even get married.

Their circle is small and desperate. Cheating, debauchery, heh...because they can.  It's what they do.  Lu will either open her eyes and see this guy for what he is or he will dump her first.  I think she'll either get tired or embarrassed about how many acquaintances her man has schtupped.  And then retaliate with one of his acquaintances.

These types of relationships in this kind of circle don't last. So shallow and transparent.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

A) drop a house on her

or D) Just ignore her and pretend you've never met her before. 

Like Kelly did.  And we KNOW that damn near drove Bethenny crazy.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

A) drop a house on her

That is the same method Pleather Doo Brow uses to keep from eating pizza..

He used riced Cauliflower...you can buy it frozen or do it yourself...it's actually really delicious and doesn't taste caluflower'y..

• Love 3
4 hours ago, smores said:

I see your point, but what I'm saying is that all of that happened before Bethenny and Jules had their sit down.  Once Bethenny and Jules sat down and talked and Jules said yes, this is something I have struggled with, it was really hard for me, I've worked hard and I've gotten to where I am, etc.  Bethenny said, I get it, I've seen this in the past with my mother, and I know how hard it is, (I'm obviously paraphrasing).  They pretty much seemed to put the issue to bed between them and it was done, they'd reached an understanding about it, until the calzone incident.  And, again, I think that incident warranted some discussion.  That's the sort of elephant in the room you can't ignore and pretend didn't happen or is normal behavior or a funny haha joke.

I think at the calzone incident, when Bethenny was trying to explain why she was really disturbed by it and Jules kept insisting that it was no big deal, it was just a joke, she was kidding! Well, that's when she realized that she likely had to put the distance there that she tried to explain tonight.  To use the terms I'd mentioned earlier, if I had a friend who just happened to drink too much one night at a party, that's not a huge issue to me (remember, I have a family history of alcohol issues).  But, if they get black out drunk every single week at a party but refuse to speak about it at all, and insist that they're just having fun, then I'm going to stop going hanging out with them at parties, because it's a situation that is not healthy for me to be in.  I'm not making their drinking about me, but I'm setting that boundary about what is healthy for me to be around.  I can't make my friend stop drinking, and Bethenny can't change Jules's eating patterns.

But the most important part to Jules address to Bethenny was the fact that things are being said behind Jules' back. The only time that Jules really tried to shut down the 'skinny' talk with assurances that she's healthy is in the beginning before she divulged her eating disorder history. Bethenny talks about it behind Jules' back. Carole will actually say or make comments to Jules to her face but she creates tension when she does it because she does it constantly within a group and she does it an way that suggests that she's looking more for an admission than a conversation. Jules isn't defining 'support' as pretending everything is okay. She's defining support as simply addressing concerns and issues with Jules to her face rather than behind her back. You can't claim genuine concern or care for someone else if you only bother to talk about them behind their back.

Bethenny was rude about Jules long before the calzone incident so for her to suggest that she appears to be this way because she's retreating from Jules as a way to protect herself is a cop out excuse. It's understandable to want to remove yourself from a situation that you think may be dangerous to your health or physical and/or mental well-being but I don't think that's the vehicle behind Bethenny's behaviour toward Jules.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Dorinda is playing this whole deal like a pro.  Might only be her second season, but she's a fast learner. It appears like she is getting along with everyone.  She gets invited to everything, even the small gatherings.  But she is stirring shit up all over the place. Telling Lu what Ramona had been saying, but then acting innocent. Telling Jules to confront Beth. Hanging out with Carole and Beth, but then warning Jules to be careful around them. Clearly telling Jules that they were talking about her marriage, but then acting shocked at the allegation.  Going over to Carole's house for pizza, and acting shocked that Jules had erupted. Saying she was surprised to see the way she went after Beth, when she was very well aware of how much Jules wanted to lash out at Beth. Then going to Sonja's and high-fiving Jules for telling Beth off, never mentioning that she had been with Carole and Beth the night before, having a cozy meal and talking about Jules. She has had a hand in almost everything, starting with excluding Sonja from her home. I hope this was all pointed out at the reunion.  

Dorinda is that wench that will make suggest you "eliminate" your "problem", have you confess all of your transgressions to her after its done, drive you the precinct to give in your statement,call in and collect the reward $,  be "there" to bail you out, and then recant ever knowing you till the trial is over. All while keeping her hands clean. She's a crafty one. 

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, autumnh said:

He used riced Cauliflower...you can buy it frozen or do it yourself...it's actually really delicious and doesn't taste caluflower'y..

Yeah, I've done this.  It looks like a bucket of fuck but it really is tasty...

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, SparkleznConfetti said:

Dorinda is that wench that will make suggest you "eliminate" your "problem", have you confess all of your transgressions to her after its done, drive you the precinct to give in your statement,call in and collect the reward $,  be "there" to bail you out, and then recant ever knowing you till the trial is over. All while keeping her hands clean. She's a crafty one. 

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Awesome and perfect.

Riced cauliflower, huh? It did not look tasty at all (and I've seen it lots) but if reports are it's delicious ... I'll give it a go. Thanks, Adam. Your beard still looks like shit, tho.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, film noire said:

Beth roamed that bus -- like Lear on the heath, hoping  to create chaos and fire, hoping someone -- ANYONE -- would notice 

film noire, 

that's two weeks in a row you had me laughing. Now all I need is a new keyboard after I spilled my coffee. You know, if old Bethy does not have an audience to absorb her attacks and anger, does she cease to exist? If she were a tree, and she fell down in a forest, would the other trees applaud?

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, SnarkKitty said:

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Awesome and perfect.

Riced cauliflower, huh? It did not look tasty at all (and I've seen it lots) but if reports are it's delicious ... I'll give it a go. Thanks, Adam. Your beard still looks like shit, tho.

I get mine at Trader Joe's...its really easy to use...it also makes great cheesy bread without the bread...worst thing that can happen is you don't like it. Just make sure you flavor it well and use a good sauce! let us know how you like it :)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

She certainly didn't like being called out on her nastiness, did she?  It seemed like Bethenny was close to tears during Jules' pushback, and I doubt it was due to memories from her oh-so-awful childhood.  I think she was totally caught off guard and upset that someone actually had the nerve to call her out.  

Agree 100% and well-said. I also wondered whether SkinnyCow might have been at a point in the season where she was beginning to get nervous about how she was being/would be perceived by the audience. She's just so corny and lame all the time, and even she has to realize, at this point, that she's coming across as a middle-aged, corny, hateful shrew/hag. She's fought--viciously and psychotically--with everyone except her butthole tenants, for whom she seems to have a lot of contempt, in spite of the third-degree colon sunburns they're giving her.  

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, SparkleznConfetti said:

LOVE THIS!!  I find Dorinda shady as hell. I never got the love people seemed to have for her.  I'm of the opinion that she is going after Carole because she wants to knock her out of the position of no. 1 Beth sycophant.  If it gives her a little thrill to hit back after John was treated badly, all the better.  She's one to watch.  She'll stab you in the back and in the front. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

And Yes, I do think she believes that Bethenny won't get too upset at her if she goes after Carole as long as she plays nice to Bethenny's face.

Yes, I believe this, too, because SkinnyCow couldn't care less about anyone except herself. She's insulted and condescended to Carole on many occasions to the point that I think to myself that if I were Carole, I'd have said, "Who the **** are you talking to, you dumb ape?" 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, you try facing the monster that is Bethenny calmly.  It can't be easy.  Her presence is menacing.  It really is.  She scares the absolute shit outta me thru my TV.  I can only imagine what it's like to be facing her hateful vicious nasty sense of humor & her bullying crap.

So Bethenny, your sense of humor revolves around laugher?  You seriously want us to believe that?  BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Bethenny has been nothing other than a shithead & an asshole to Jules.  We've seen her trash Jules & make fun of her ED behind her back.  You are a fuckin' pig, Bethenny -- YOU SUCK!  And you're no better, Carole -- you've done the exact same thing to Jules, you fuckin' obnoxious poser ass-kisser POS.

And what right, Bethenny, do you have to be upset with Jules, when you've been trashing her so badly all this season? God, you are such an asshole, Bethenny.

Blech, Bethenny has made watching this show such a fowl, tense, unpleasant experience for me.  I really hate it.  I'm just about ready to give up on this show.  The vibe now is just so hideous.  Go against Bethenny & you will get tossed off the show.  Ugh, she is a horrible, horrible, horrible woman.

I agree with you, Scoobie - especially what I have bolded.

Bethenny may think that her sense of humor revolves around laughter, but what she fails to recognize is that her her humor and laughter is almost always at someone else's expense.  She is a very poor, very mean imitation of Joan Rivers (RIP).  Joan was the Queen of biting, sarcastic humor at someone else's expense, especially during her tenure on Fashion Police, but I don't recall her ever going as low as Bethenny can go.  I used to chuckle at Joan's comments- Bethenny's usually just make me cringe for the other person.  Unlike Joan, Bethenny may start out with humorous comments, but then, when she doesn't get the response she is hoping for, she devolves into an insulting, loud shrew.

I wonder if Bethenny's head exploded off her body when she read Jules' blog?  

• Love 23
5 hours ago, TomGirl said:

My sentiments exactly.  Any bets as to whether they'll ever get married?

I think they will marry, and I'm betting that Luann is negotiating with Bravo to pay for film it.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, smores said:

I'm at my own table, but I see where Bethenny was coming from with what she was saying.  If you grow up with something in your past, there are things that can trigger you, and you have to put boundaries in place to keep yourself in a healthy spot.  And there isn't anything wrong with that, it's not making the other person's issue about you at all.  I come from a family that has a multi-generational history of alcohol abuse and there are a bunch of horror stories many of us share due to certain relatives.  Because of that, if I was around someone like, say, Kim Richards?  I'd start to distance myself.  I know from experience I can't make her better, and it's not my job to fix her.  But, it's not a healthy place for me to be to suddenly find myself in a car with her like Lisa Rinna did.  So, I'd be totally cordial, but I'd keep my distance from her because of it, and I think that's exactly what Bethenny was saying to Jules.

Looking back, I don't think it's surprising that Jules was struggling.  Her marriage was falling apart, and things were probably a pressure cooker at her home.  That would be a huge trigger for her eating disorder, and she even admitted she was still symptomatic.  So, it's not like the other women were wrong to be concerned about her.  

I have my own Raised by Wolves story but I don't get to take it out on my coworkers. Lord knows I have tried! How does Bethenny react with a rep from Jim Beam or a distributor who has an eating disorder? I am sure that she curtails her reaction to deal with eating disordered individuals in the workplace. I believe that Bethenny suffered as a child but so did Kenya Moore and Nene Leakes, among others. Not every conversation leads back to their childhood. 

Bethenny needs to learn to respond rather than react. Jules is not Bethenny's mother. She needs to stop projecting her crap on to other people. 

That calzone incident was not funny. It is disturbing that a grown woman would do such a thing. This was well beyond dumping a full salt shaker on one's plate or putting ketchup all over your dessert. More disturbing information is revealed on each episode. Jules is not healthy enough to be on this show. I don't want to watch someone self destruct. 

Carole needs to get off of my screen. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Bethenny & Carol were absolute asses with regard to Jules' complaints at Mama Gaga's restaurant, but what really bugged me was Bethenny's post dinner statement that Jules is paranoid because Jules told Beth some "deep, dark secrets" about her (Jules') marriage.  Beth is quick to point out that she's never revealed the secrets, but she mentions she has this dirt on Jules a couple of times.  In some respects, it kind of comes off as a threat that she could spill the beans on Jules, but she isn't right now ("now" being relative to the time of shooting, not the actual now), proving Jules is right to be concerned.  It also comes across  as Bethenny putting the idea out that there's something really wrong in Jules' marriage that is beyond what is clear on the surface of Jules' and Michael's interactions, which could be fodder for wild speculation amongst the women.  Keeping a secret about someone also includes keeping a secret that you know a secret.  True, Jules never should have confided in Bethenny, but it's still shitty behavior on B's part.

I think when Bethenny was speaking with Adam, she said something about him making "cauliflower pizza crust"?  Whatever those pizzas were, they didn't look like pizzas, they looked totally unappetizing, at least to me, and your description of the crust is kinder than mine - I was thinking it looked like wet dog food.

I also think that Bethenny drops those little bombshells, as she did about Jules and Michael's marriage, so the other girls will goad her into spilling the secrets.  Again, Bethenny has the upper hand in the situation.  She also did that with Luann and her comments alluding to Luann sleeping her way through the Hamptons over the summer, and also with Sonja, about whatever the "terrible awful" (tm-The Help) was that Sonja did off camera.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Normades said:

LOVE THIS!!  I find Dorinda shady as hell. I never got the love people seemed to have for her.  I'm of the opinion that she is going after Carole because she wants to knock her out of the position of no. 1 Beth sycophant.  If it gives her a little thrill to hit back after John was treated badly, all the better.  She's one to watch.  She'll stab you in the back and in the front. 

You gotta keep that from happening cuz then Beth will accuse u by saying needing a blood transfusion is your attempt to undermine the gravity of her condition. Bethanny reminds me of Yolanda in some ways especially with her getting over. Hey Beth, as a former catholic all of your hemorrhaging issues could have been resolved if u had prayed to the Patron Saint of Bleeding C**** :-! 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think they will marry, and I'm betting that Luann is negotiating with Bravo to pay for film it.

Agreed -- the only real question is what the special and/or spinoff will be called. I'd like them to do a take on one of her song titles, the way they did with Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding, but I also think it would be delightful to watch Bethenny's head explode if they just called it LuAnn Getting Married?

My favorite moment of the evening? Sonja shading Lu's engagement ring. "Four carats is old school. Eight is a little bit nouveau." BOW DOWN. 

• Love 15

Did anyone else notice the Skinnygirl product placement in this episode?  Everyone was drinking from Skinnygirl glasses on the bus to Mohegan Sun.  It was subtle, but it was there (it looked like they were rimmed with brown sugar or something).  I would love to see just one episode where there isn't a Skinnygirl product anywhere in sight.  

Also, I think that Bethenny got drunk on that bus ride, and that was why we had that sappy, "sincere" heart to heart between her and Sonja.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

, I have no idea what the monster that is Bethenny is capable of -- that is, beyond extreme cruelty, viciousness, hatefulness, nastiness & bullying.

Yeah, Bethenny was once again trying to convince us she forgives Sonja.  Not buying it, Bethenny.  She holds grudges forever. 

Bethenny totaled her father's fancy car in CA (this is long story short from her book Skinnydipping) after a night of partying (probably cocaine involved-take note John M- ask her if she was doing lines that night) then BITCHED that he replaced it with/GAVE her  a domestic sedan.  There was also press somewhere that she hasn't really spoken to her mother since she took her car partying without permission and totalled that too. Bethenny's issues of disposable people in her life is DEEP. If she is not careful Brynn will make that list. She needs to check herself before she wrecks herself! Jules is the latest person on Sherman's scorched earth policy march to the sea.......................... Andy, she is coming for you one day! 

7 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Tonight's Tweets ☕ 

Lee R is the funniest thing on Twitter. Bethenny's Beetlejuice outfit is really something!

6 hours ago, film noire said:

(Okay, that sounded much more powerful in my head; like a dazzling fusion of "I have but one life to lose for my country!" mixed with a little CJ doing "The Jackal" mixed with a whole lotta Oprah saying  "THERE'S A BRAND NEW CAR UNDER YOUR SEAT!!!" -- plus, Peggy Olsen saying anything -- and maybe, let's face it -- I ADMIT EVERYTHING -- Pat Benatar singing "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"). Still, the point stands: Beth was the fucking ficus tree on that damn bus.  Beth was twigs and leaves and potting soil -- peppered with those weird puffy white time release pearls, reminiscent of her cheeks now -- Beth talked shit about the real Skinny Girl and was completely ignored (like Mrs Astor ignoring Mrs Vanderbilt -- JULES PULLED SOME EDITH WHARTON SHIT TONIGHT,  WHO SAW THAT COMING? NOBODY) and then Beth roamed that bus -- like Lear on the heath, hoping  to create chaos and fire, hoping someone -- ANYONE -- would notice she'd pissed on them once, and were in need of being blessed and Bethennyed ("Who's your Baddy?") and had to settle for a  "moment" with Sonja. Sonja, who has had moments with toaster ovens and interns and Tom for ten years -- Sonja became Bethenny's cut rate Tara -- "I will never go hungry for attention again, not me or any of my folk" -- and how sad was that.  How fucking sad. Run, Sonja, run.

Film Noire I hope in real life you write for a living for the betterment of mankind! BRILLZ!!! 

• Love 12
Just now, abbottrabbit said:

Agreed -- the only real question is what the special and/or spinoff will be called. I'd like them to do a take on one of her song titles, the way they did with Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding, but I also think it would be delightful to watch Bethenny's head explode if they just called it LuAnn Getting Married?

My favorite moment of the evening? Sonja shading Lu's engagement ring. "Four carats is old school. Eight is a little bit nouveau." BOW DOWN. 

But did you catch the quick wry look on her face that conceded defeat? Lol.

And apparently whoever said you can't turn a ho into a housewife. Well, they lied. Lol.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

film noire, 

that's two weeks in a row you had me laughing. Now all I need is a new keyboard after I spilled my coffee. You know, if old Bethy does not have an audience to absorb her attacks and anger, does she cease to exist? If she were a tree, and she fell down in a forest, would the other trees applaud?

You mean, If a tree fell on Methenny, in the forest, would the other trees applaud?

As people have said, Beffy needs an audience, badly.

She is just like that needy child who sees that someone is paying attention to her, so she HAS to ramp up the action with her insults - to get more of a reaction. Maybe now that people see that Jules can take her on and not implode or burst into flames?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Sonja and her tooth reminded me of this story I heard about Jane Fonda being at a party at George and Amal Clooney's house and Jane's front tooth fell out. Sonja, you're in good company.

No one can dissuade me from my theory that Sonja's internships are a very well disguised human smuggling operation.

I think Sonja can be nice unless things start to threaten her comfort and then she can be nasty. I've read up about her movie deal. She was a jerk when things stopped going her way.

See, this is me too.  I find the whole intern thing creepy. But I admit I am influenced by that lawsuit which put Sonja on a whole other level for me. I kind of look at her like a grifter now, but admit she can be pretty entertaining on the show. 

• Love 7

Jules was the winner of the ep for me, and I never thought I'd say that. She did quite well against Bethenny, against whom there is no winning ("you put yourself down, so you deserve my putdowns--?!?!?--paraphrased but seriously?!). I'm glad she sat there on that bus, continuing to make her way up Bubblegum Hill (or whatever she was doing)... Not worth engaging Bethenny again in that setting because that's clearly what she, B, wanted.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

She doesn't. That's a fake Twitter account. As Bethenny would say, a cheater brand.

Ah, ok.  Too bad.  It is pretty funny though!  

12 hours ago, lunastartron said:

How are Tom and Lu different from Eileen Davidson and Vince Van Patten?

Neither is married.

With respect to the origin of their relationship: in RHOC-speak: hashtag shrug.

Good Point!

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, SparkleznConfetti said:

You gotta keep that from happening cuz then Beth will accuse u by saying needing a blood transfusion is your attempt to undermine the gravity of her condition. Bethanny reminds me of Yolanda in some ways especially with her getting over. Hey Beth, as a former catholic all of your hemorrhaging issues could have been resolved if u had prayed to the Patron Saint of Bleeding C**** :-! 

As a Roamin' Catholic (I get around) I found your mention of the PSoBC to be apt and true.

In order for Beffy to become a saint, she has to have been involved in at least two miracles?

The first is the stigmata - bleeding from every orifice and the second is getting people to believe you are an asshole.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

As a Roamin' Catholic (I get around) I found your mention of the PSoBC to be apt and true.

In order for Beffy to become a saint, she has to have been involved in at least two miracles?

The first is the stigmata - bleeding from every orifice and the second is getting people to believe you are an asshole.

Well, I can openly declare that I have come to the light and as a prodigal child has returned home cuz.   " I am a believer". 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

So Lu's guy was on a date with another woman, but then tossed her to the side and left with Lu? And she feels good about that? There are all kinds of alarms going off about this guy. 

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.  This times a thousand.  I bow down to you.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, SparkleznConfetti said:

I loved that too !       So true too.     It is also 8 carats of fake.

• Love 2

So Lu's guy was on a date with another woman, but then tossed her to the side and left with Lu? And she feels good about that?

LuAnn is competitive. I'm sure she sees this as a victory rather than a red flag. Also, I watched her Bravo TV special. She basically ran off with the Count while she was living with a boyfriend in Italy. (The boyfriend was out of town at the time.) I think LuAnn just goes for what she wants when she wants it - the pirate is a good example. She had Jacques at home and the cameras were rolling, but she wanted Tomas, propriety be damned!

• Love 11