Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: All Bets Are Off

• Start Topic

I really thought Sonja said her blind date was African so I was surprised when he turned out to be Italian.  Also thought it was hysterical that she already knew him.  He was full of shit when he was going on about how touched he was that Sonja was sharing the family pillowcases/dinner napkins with him.

• Love 11

Good! 

Jules calling out Bethenny for her not so funny jokes,  how she talks about those behind their back was perfect.  It needed to be said! 

The fact Bethenny and lapdog Carole was sitting there and claiming they did nothing wrong and tried to victimize themselves was so them actually.   Carole saying she's not a doctor and has no idea how eating disorders work was humorous.   If you don't know,  my little pony,  why don't you educate yourself or shut up even.   

Bethenny to me sees Jules and sees her mother -  bottom line.   She can't tell me any different, hence her aggressive tone when Jules and her were going at it.   

• Love 22
1 minute ago, SnarkKitty said:

Hahahaha! I don't even know what the hell that means, but that cracks me up.  I agree with everything here except this:

Jules says something similar in her blog, but I don't think it was that at all. You can hear the slurring at that point, and I think it was as simple as Bethenny really did feel bad after eviscerating Sonja, and was sufficiently lubricated enough drop the wall and pull a "I love you, man" at that point. They have been friends and co-workers for years now, and always got along well before. Even a horrible being who is responsible for every evil in the world and undeserving of life can legitimately miss someone.

You would hope and think that Bethanny of all people would have the depth perception to understand  all of that commalities she shares with "Sunya". Um where do I start? Lets see...They are both single mothers who get involved with men who are "attached", they both have  joint custody, ambiguous interns/ employees, and housing/ borderline "homeless" issues;-) 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I really think Dorinda is angry with Bethenny (the John comments/attacks) but knows better than to cross that line so she is going after Carole instead.

I missed it. What happened with Carole??

40 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Jules's blog is Everything. EVERYTHING. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/julianne-wainstein-we-are-on-planet-bethenny. It's so good I want to quote the entire thing, but will refrain. Here's a snippet to whet your appetite:

Today they were filming the reunion, and if she brought just 1/10th of what she can deliver in her blog posts, and especially this one, it's gonna be *good*.

Nice use of verbs, well thought out and composed.

Planet beffeny -  Orbits outside the path of Neptune, temps of -400 degrees, no native flora or fauna is thought to exist because of the lack of oxygen. It was thought that Beffy was a Black Hole, devouring everything unfortunate enough to be caught in her gravitational pull....

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Neeners said:

I missed it. What happened with Carole??

In her TH, during the restaurant scene, she said that she thought Beth had a good heart, but that Carole is just "mean". WTF is that about? Have they had an issue I am unaware of? When she went to Carole's apartment the next day, Carole greeted her so warmly, and Dorinda did the same. If she has an issue with Carole, she hasn't mentioned it to her. She has said a couple of other things to Jules about Carole as well. I just don't get it at all, but then again, I never got why she was so pissed at Heather last year. Bitch is just crazy, clearly. 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

In her TH, during the restaurant scene, she said that she thought Beth had a good heart, but that Carole is just "mean". WTF is that about? Have they had an issue I am unaware of? When she went to Carole's apartment the next day, Carole greeted her so warmly, and Dorinda did the same. If she has an issue with Carole, she hasn't mentioned it to her. She has said a couple of other things to Jules about Carole as well. I just don't get it at all, but then again, I never got why she was so pissed at Heather last year. Bitch is just crazy, clearly. 

Somehow I managed to miss that - thanks! I agree with the poster that said she can't go after Bethenny, so Carole is her target.

• Love 9

Sonja and her tooth reminded me of this story I heard about Jane Fonda being at a party at George and Amal Clooney's house and Jane's front tooth fell out. Sonja, you're in good company.

No one can dissuade me from my theory that Sonja's internships are a very well disguised human smuggling operation.

I think Sonja can be nice unless things start to threaten her comfort and then she can be nasty. I've read up about her movie deal. She was a jerk when things stopped going her way.

• Love 19

Jules is really spiraling right now.  She may be getting treatment for her eating disorder but she is clearly struggling.  She admitted to relapsing two days before when she threw up her food. I am not judging or making light of her struggle.  I feel horrible for her and hope she is getting the help she needs.  I think her main problem at the time this was filmed was not Bethenny and Carole but her husband the frequently late and compulsive showerer.  No doubt her husband was, for a lack of a better word, making her crazy.  I get the feeling he played a lot of mind game on Jules.  However, she has since thrown the SOB out so I think she may be on the road to recovery once again.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Whatever Carole is injecting into her face, she needs to stop.  She's wandering into Mama Elsa territory.tumblr_mgf2f6BNDw1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Right?

Carole tries to come across as a cool hipster.

Not happening with a face like that.

Pitiful.

• Love 8
(edited)

I love Sonja and all her dental issues.  Once when I was working for a Congressman I spit my dental bridge across the table during a meeting.  My coworker instinctively picked it up, realized it was a tooth an screamed "ewwww". So much for Congressional decorum.  Sonja makes me think of that often.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sai said:

So Jules is upset with Bethenny and she tells her how she feels and now Bethenny is done with her?  Gimme a break.  Jules was nowhere near as nasty as Bethenny was to LuAnn or all the zillions of other people she's so nasty to.  

No matter what an ass Bethenny has been in the past I always gave her a pass because I think she's super smart, she can be funny and I think her ex is a real asshole who royally screwed her.  I even buy her products  but she's really, really losing me this season.  If you're not kissing her ass and, God forbid, you have something even slightly negative to say she's done with you.  And what grade is she in that when she's upset with you she ignores you but then talks about you when you are two feet away.  Cripes!!!  Jules specifically said she doesn't like to be talked about behind her back and Bethenny is doing exactly that but in front of her, if that makes any sense, lol.  So freaking childish.  

I was going to post my thoughts in this thread but now I don't have to. You said exactly what I was thinking.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I love Sonja and all her dental issues.  Once when I was working for a Congressman I spit my dental bridge across the table during a meeting.  My coworker instinctively picked it up, realized it was a tooth an screamed "ewwww". So much for Congressional decorum.  Sonja makes me think of that often.

OK, LOL'd at this one. Thanks for sharing :)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Jules is really spiraling right now.  She may be getting treatment for her eating disorder but she is clearly struggling.  She admitted to relapsing two days before when she threw up her food. I am not judging or making light of her struggle.  I feel horrible for her and hope she is getting the help she needs.  I think her main problem at the time this was filmed was not Bethenny and Carole but her husband the frequently late and compulsive showerer.  No doubt her husband was, for a lack of a better word, making her crazy.  I get the feeling he played a lot of mind game on Jules.  However, she has since thrown the SOB out so I think she may be on the road to recovery once again.

I am sure that what was/is going on in their marriage had an impact on Jules during filming but I think Jules just had enough of Bethenny and decided to call her out on it. I say good for her. Jules told the truth and Bethenny knows it.

Oh, and Jules/Michael are still living in their NY apartment together with their kids.

• Love 16
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Sonja is the modern day Sophie Petrillo.

75 extra points for working her into the conversation.

Edited by ElDosEquis
Can I buy a vowel, Pat?
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Oh BD I feel for you.  I'm not at that point but I have sooo many dental issues. 

And Sonja getting a 'flipper' over an implant is telling us money is 'tight'.  But she's going to hang on to that townhouse. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neeners said:

Jules's blog is Everything. EVERYTHING. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/julianne-wainstein-we-are-on-planet-bethenny. It's so good I want to quote the entire thing, but will refrain. Here's a snippet to whet your appetite:

Today they were filming the reunion, and if she brought just 1/10th of what she can deliver in her blog posts, and especially this one, it's gonna be *good*.

Ms Honey spoke for most the audience.   

Love it Jules! 

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I really think Dorinda is angry with Bethenny (the John comments/attacks) but knows better than to cross that line so she is going after Carole instead.

But why? Doesn't that just make her crazy? Carole was the one saying that if Dorinda loved John that they should all stay out of it.  Why would being mad at Beth make her go after Carole? If she is too big of a pussy to stand up to Beth, why go after anyone? 

Why am I even speculating? This is a person who threw a fit because someone walked into a restaurant without her. I really hope Heather is laughing her ass off as she watches Dorinda do her crazy work this year. 

• Love 15

I'm at my own table, but I see where Bethenny was coming from with what she was saying.  If you grow up with something in your past, there are things that can trigger you, and you have to put boundaries in place to keep yourself in a healthy spot.  And there isn't anything wrong with that, it's not making the other person's issue about you at all.  I come from a family that has a multi-generational history of alcohol abuse and there are a bunch of horror stories many of us share due to certain relatives.  Because of that, if I was around someone like, say, Kim Richards?  I'd start to distance myself.  I know from experience I can't make her better, and it's not my job to fix her.  But, it's not a healthy place for me to be to suddenly find myself in a car with her like Lisa Rinna did.  So, I'd be totally cordial, but I'd keep my distance from her because of it, and I think that's exactly what Bethenny was saying to Jules.

Looking back, I don't think it's surprising that Jules was struggling.  Her marriage was falling apart, and things were probably a pressure cooker at her home.  That would be a huge trigger for her eating disorder, and she even admitted she was still symptomatic.  So, it's not like the other women were wrong to be concerned about her.  

• Love 13

I wish someone would just look Bethenney straight in the eyes and say the louder and faster you speak the less anyone hears you, man she is a piece of crap. Or just tell her to F-off and never speak one word (verb) to her again.

Jules, I used to have a male roommate with a live in girlfriend and he cheated on her. We called his showers "washing off the shame" . Warned said girlfriend numerous times but it took her forever to remove her blinders and leave his cheating ass.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But why? Doesn't that just make her crazy? Carole was the one saying that if Dorinda loved John that they should all stay out of it.  Why would being mad at Beth make her go after Carole? If she is too big of a pussy to stand up to Beth, why go after anyone? 

Why am I even speculating? This is a person who threw a fit because someone walked into a restaurant without her. I really hope Heather is laughing her ass off as she watches Dorinda do her crazy work this year. 

Because Dorinda wants to be offered a contract next season and she feels/knows that staying on Bethenny's good side makes that more likely to happen. She is doing to Carole what Bethenny did to John but in a more subtle way. Bethenny went after Dorinda's guy so Dorinda is going after Bethenny's closest friend on the show, tit for tat.

• Love 5

If Luann is talking this much about her getting married to Tom, I can't wait to see how much more often she talks about it now that it's official, lol. Take it easy Luann. And not cool that you walked out with a guy who left a woman while on a date with her. That doesn't speak well to his character that he would do that. 

Carole is willing to behave like a mean girl to keep in Bethenny's corner and it's a very distasteful look for her. And I love how they're complaining about the way that confrontation was handled when they have had far greater offences toward other people than anything Jules did at that table. Bethenny first claimed that she had never done anything to Jules. Jules confronts her about the comments she made about Jules intelligence. She says nothing but waits for the opportunity to make Jules eating disorder about her and uses that as a away to dismiss anything she's said or done that may have been rude or insulting to Jules. Wasn't it not that long ago that Bethenny felt touched that Jules shared her struggle with her? Now there's too much angst that requires her to cut Jules off? Nah Bethenny - perhaps you think you're great at detecting bullshit because you no one bullshits better than you.  Trying to rationalize the issue using semantics is a cop out. Jules took issue with you talking about her period. Saying that you've never said anything to her face doesn't explain away or address Jules' accusation. In fact, you only confirmed what was the truth. 

To summarize Ramona - 'just because I talk shit about you doesn't mean that I'm not your friend' LMAO

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Because Dorinda wants to be offered a contract next season and she feels/knows that staying on Bethenny's good side makes that more likely to happen. She is doing to Carole what Bethenny did to John but in a more subtle way. Bethenny went after Dorinda's guy so Dorinda is going after Bethenny's closest friend on the show, tit for tat.

Then she really is dumb if she thinks that going after Beth's BFF is going to make Beth love her. She might not call her a "fuckdoll" like she did Lu, but she won't be happy. I guess I don't get the impression that Dorinda is mad at Beth over the John stuff. Has she ever mentioned it again? Beth has mentioned on Twitter several times about work that John has done for her recently. Cleaned some rugs I think.  Sounds like things with them are fine. Probably not after Beth saw all the footage.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Then she really is dumb if she thinks that going after Beth's BFF is going to make Beth love her. She might not call her a "fuckdoll" like she did Lu, but she won't be happy. I guess I don't get the impression that Dorinda is mad at Beth over the John stuff. Has she ever mentioned it again? Beth has mentioned on Twitter several times about work that John has done for her recently. Cleaned some rugs I think.  Sounds like things with them are fine. Probably not after Beth saw all the footage.  

Yes, he did clean rugs for Bethenny but I believe it happened after they were finished filming for the regular season. Bethenny talked about that to Andy on one of her WWHL appearances. Notice that John has not been anywhere Bethenny is and tonight is the first time we have seen him since the fights with Ramona and Bethenny. LOL

And Yes, I do think she believes that Bethenny won't get too upset at her if she goes after Carole as long as she plays nice to Bethenny's face.

• Love 5

I think Bethenny did explain that she had a history and knowledge of eating disorders to Jules because of her mother when they first had the private conversation about it.  That conversation seemed to go pretty well, they each came away with an understanding of the other one, and for the most part, I don't really remember Bethenny bringing that subject up again until Jules went and baked silverware into the calzone so she could avoid having to eat it.  And, that's really not a joke, that's some messed up eating behavior.  

I do think they got off track a bit during the "I need a verb" conversation, but, Jules was (in retrospect) likely kind of melting down due to the stress in her personal life and on some pretty heavy duty pain killers.  She was on word safari, and going in circles and no one could understand what she was trying to say.  Bethenny was also experiencing a health issue and in pain, so probably was a bit sharper than she might have been under normal circumstances, and it ended badly for both of them.  

But, here's where I have an issue with Jules.  She has my total sympathy for her marriage issues, and also with her eating disorder struggles.  My issue comes when someone has some sort of disorder/situation that basically requires everyone else around them to pretend that something isn't happening or everything is normal when there is obviously a major health problem going on, and then any time that health problem is broached, those who mention it are accused of not "being supportive"  I'm not saying they should monitor her eating, but baking flatware into food can't be ignored.  Mentioning it doesn't make them "not supportive" of her.  

• Love 11

Am I the only one who laughed when John made the comment about Sonja's napkins affecting his business (don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of John)?  And then we have Jules kidding around and tying the napkin around her neck like she was preparing to eat a lobster?  Com'on.  Was that seriously funny no matter how you feel about them?  We need those moments.  Add to that, Sonja walking into her living room carrying a purse?  Like why?  Who does that in their own home?  In retrospect, that dinner party was housewives gold but there were so many other things going on that it couldn't be appreciated. 

On another note:  Jeff Lewis was on WWHL and said that Shannon was his favorite housewife.  Heather was his least favorite.  Um.  Throwing some shade there?  And...the pole question was do you think that Beth and Carole were mean girls toward Jules.  Close but the majority was that Beth and Carole  were mean girls towards Jules.  I agree.

• Love 16

Oh, Bethenney™.  

She luvs hurling her verbal shuriken yet self-pitying laments when Truth smacks her a$$. Bethenney feels as if she carries herself with aplomb, yet her fractiousness belie that notion.

Bethenney (with a slap of insanity and a dash of hypocrisy) was goading Jules into a confrontation--bloated with anticipation of disemboweling her(wolf genes ya know)--and was sorely irked at Jules' studied 'indifference'. I was giggling when Bethenney™ strutted over to genuflecting Sonja and made a production of illustrating her magnanimous forgiveness in order to SHOW her dismissiveness of Jules. Ha❗ Too pitiful. That BetheME. She's tenacious alright--in her vindictiveness.

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, parisprincess said:

What the fuck is wrong with Bethenny? She talks about people when they're sitting just a few feet away from her. In fact, she's done that to Jules before. Then she tells Dorinda that SHE's talking too loud.  Stay klassy, Bethie!

I had to laugh when Beth said at Carole's that Jules was yelling at her. Did she not hear herself screeching at Lu at Dorinda's and the screeching she does any time she's insulting and being mean to the person she thinks needs to hear "her truth".

These are examples of someone who thinks the world revolves around them. Unfortunately, thanks to Andy, the show does revolve around her.

3 hours ago, Neeners said:

I hope she came armed with some good lines like what she came up with here. It would make sense that she's actually a smart girl and you can see that in her writing, but is not a good speaker because that involves being comfortable and confident in her own skin, which seems to be the everyday challenge given her ED.

3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Dorinda's gesticulations are insane. I use my hands to talk, but not my arms too. I thought she was going to elbow Jules in the forehead.

LOL that is the perfect description of what makes Dorinda unique when she's upset.

Funny how since Lu's storyline has developed, Carole's become cool with her so her weaselly self doesn't get left behind. She can't pull the "If Lu's going, I'm not going" power play because she'll be the one left out of Lu's big party.

Jules with makeup looks like a former high fashion model. I imagine she must have been quite a stunner before the ED. Carole & B conduct themselves hideously and look even more like gremlins now to me. 

It's interesting Adam actually expended the energy to greet B with excitement and warmth. It's as though he's trying to keep his apple, too! It was a stark contrast to how tired/put upon he seems when he talks to Carole.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 17
(edited)

Hey, Carole, you phony PoS, you WERE speaking badly about Jules.  Seems like we've seen you trash Jules behind her back a billion times this season, right along with Bethenny.  So what the fuckety fuck difference would it have made if she took you aside to ask about it?  You still were talking shit about Jules behind her back, Carole.  You suck, hun!  

Carole whines & complains when anyone speaks against her, but it's OK for her to shit on Jules, eh?  Why?  Because her palsy walsy Bethenny was shitting all over Jules, so that makes it fine & dandy?  Man, I so hate your guts, Carole, now that you're living in Bethenny's asshole.  She's become as big an asshole as Bethenny is.  Guess she always was, only now it's much more obvious.

Was the reason Jules ranted on Bethenny (and not Carole) because Dorinda only told her about Bethenny mocking her ED & her marriage?  Maybe Dorinda never mentioned how Carole was trashing her too (oh-so-cruelly & casually), right along with Bethenny?  So maybe Jules wasn't actually aware of Carole trashing her until the show aired?

Wowza, Dorinda sure was backtracking & she sure sucked here too.  Hey, listen, I don't blame her for being scared shitless of Bethenny.  But still, Dorinda sucked big time for stirring Jules up & then completely backing away -- even if she is totally justified to be terrified of Bethenny -- for her job on the show & maybe even her life.  Hey, who knows?  Bethenny is so fuckin' terrifying at this point, I have no idea what the monster that is Bethenny is capable of -- that is, beyond extreme cruelty, viciousness, hatefulness, nastiness & bullying.

Yeah, Bethenny was once again trying to convince us she forgives Sonja.  Not buying it, Bethenny.  She holds grudges forever.  Sonja is toast on this show.  Maybe Lu is too.  Jules is for sure.  Go against Bethenny & your head gets chopped off.  To be on this show now you must live in Bethenny's asshole.  Ew.

And just when I thought Bethenny couldn't get anymore hateful, vile & cruel, there she was on that van (or bus or whatever the fuck it was) talking shit about Jules loudly & less than 2 feet away from her.  Ugh, the woman is pure evil.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 18

It was hilarious as Romona obliviously began talking about Her Trip, Bethenney leaned toward Carol while turning toward Ramona and announced that She would not be attending and NO ONE PAID ATTENTION. Even Bethenney's mean-full of herself-Hemorrhoid, Carol, uttered ne're a word. 

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, BookElitist said:

2 hours ago, BookElitist said:

Bethenney (with a slap of insanity and a dash of hypocrisy) was goading Jules into a confrontation--bloated with anticipation of disemboweling her(wolf genes ya know)-was sorely irked at Jules' studied 'indifference'.

WHO IS THE FICUS TREE NOW, BITCH?  

(Okay, that sounded much more powerful in my head; like a dazzling fusion of "I have but one life to lose for my country!" mixed with a little CJ doing "The Jackal" mixed with a whole lotta Oprah saying  "THERE'S A BRAND NEW CAR UNDER YOUR SEAT!!!" -- plus, Peggy Olsen saying anything -- and maybe, let's face it -- I ADMIT EVERYTHING -- Pat Benatar singing "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"). Still, the point stands: Beth was the fucking ficus tree on that damn bus.  Beth was twigs and leaves and potting soil -- peppered with those weird puffy white time release pearls, reminiscent of her cheeks now -- Beth talked shit about the real Skinny Girl and was completely ignored (like Mrs Astor ignoring Mrs Vanderbilt -- JULES PULLED SOME EDITH WHARTON SHIT TONIGHT,  WHO SAW THAT COMING? NOBODY) and then Beth roamed that bus -- like Lear on the heath, hoping  to create chaos and fire, hoping someone -- ANYONE -- would notice she'd pissed on them once, and were in need of being blessed and Bethennyed ("Who's your Baddy?") and had to settle for a  "moment" with Sonja. Sonja, who has had moments with toaster ovens and interns and Tom for ten years -- Sonja became Bethenny's cut rate Tara -- "I will never go hungry for attention again, not me or any of my folk" -- and how sad was that.  How fucking sad. Run, Sonja, run.

And Carole, you disgust me. (Just like Sonja once disgusted Bethenny, before Beth needed to use Sonja like a barn rag to clean herself up). After Jules revealed she had purged a few days before, you actually said (in front of her, but as if she weren't there, as if she weren't human or capable of hearing or deserving of respect) you actually said "It's hard to watch her eat."

Well, I know the feeling: every time you raise a fork to that bitter pit you call a mouth, I cringe.

From Carole's blog, speaking about Bethenny as her framily:

"If we were biological sisters, I’d be the older one and while I think I’d be a sweet loving big sister, I bet she’d probably have annoyed me, too. I might have quietly resented her sudden appearance in my young life, upstaging my gig and stealing the attention from our parents. I might have snuck into her room late at night, glowered down at her in her crib with ill thoughts..."

"And in the morning, I might have delivered a tray to my younger sister, Bethenny  -- longing to suprise her as she struggled against her infirmity, as she sat in her wheelchair -- I might have delivered a tray with a domed silver top.  And after laying down that tray, I might have cackled and then lifted the silver dome to reveal a beloved pet bird, killed by my hand and served to my sister. So hard to watch her eat! Whatever happened to Baby Complain?"

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20

Regarding Dorinda and her comment calling Carol mean, this is how I interpreted it:

Dorinda had mentioned that she felt Bethenny was coming from a place of damage due to her mother's supposed eating disorder and that was the reason for how she reacted towards Jules. Carol on the other hand carries no such baggage and therefore her stance towards Jules could only be seen as mean. 

Not saying I agree or disagree with Dorinda's premise, this is just what I believe she was trying to express and has not necessarily turned against Carol. We have seen Dorinda in the past be able to call people out rather strongly on particular behaviors, yet still remain friends. She has the enviable ability, at times, to see that a person is not completely defined by their worst trait. 

• Love 5