Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Old Friends, New Faces

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I know a lot of people don't like the Tre and Joe but I would totally watch a show just on their family.  I don't need any of the other housewives and their drama.  The Giudices are more entertaining than any of them.  Of course they'd have to wait for Joe to get out of the slammer.  Sorry but that guy cracks me up.  When he was saying he felt like he was in a war the past year taking care of the girls I laughed because they certainly are a handful!  Prison must be like a vacation for him after that experience!  He went from his home of 5 females to a prison filled with men.  It's certainly a change.  You'd definitely have to throw Rosie in their show.  Rosie and Joe are comic gold together.  The Giudices and Rosie.  Yup.....I'd watch! 

This....10000 times.  I would watch!  Criminal activities aside, I have always had a soft spot for Joe Guidice.  And as much as I usually dislike Rosie, I agree she and Joe are terrific together. Even by herself with the Guidice girls - there was an episode a few years ago when they were all at the beach and Rosie was babysitting the Guidice girls.  It was great. Bravo can keep the Gorgas, the Lauritas and everyone else and just give me this!

I've always thought Chris looks like he's miserable and beaten down.

Well he's got Jac for a wife, Caroline for a sister and Ashley for a step daughter.   Poor guy. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 19

So Melissa is opening a boutique? What happened to that singing career of hers? And boy, Joe Go does not seem to happy about this. Instead of waiting at home for him, she's putting him to work! Look, I don't care how couples want to set up their relationship. I am very traditional, but it was a choice and we're both happy with where we're at. But shouldn't partners support each other? I don't even think Joe cares that much about her being there for the kids, it's all about him. I think he loves the feeling of having a woman dependent on him. Oh well, don't get too worked up. I'm sure it will fail within 3 months. 

NOT happy to have Jaq back on my screen. And she was my favorite originally. I always thought she seemed really sweet and down to earth, and I appreciated how she didn't let her SILs walk all over her. But over the years she seems to have devolved. She has gotten more and more thirsty as time has gone by. She is incredibly immature and obnoxious, and I feel like she's always performing. Like reading Tre's message in that voice? So ridiculous. 

I did like seeing Nicholas tell everyone he loves donuts! I just hope they keep his appearances minimal. When they were last on and there was so much focus on his therapy, it felt very exploitative, to me. 

Speaking of exploiting kids - while I genuinely teared up at Tre's homecoming with her girls, I also felt awkward watching it. Such an intimate moment, You couldn't have let your family just have that moment? And now Joe's going to go away and they're going to be devastated all over again. Those poor kids. But I get the distinct impression that Joe Giu can't wait to get out of there and relax in his prison cell. 

Teresa does make good TV, though. I love that she kept the snark strong behind bars. "I heard you were talking about me, Jaq"....."I'll bring the sprinkle cookies, Mel." She's baaaack! 

No impression yet of the two new girls, other than they were obviously brought in to give Jaq some backup. Some women join book clubs. She's joined a plastic surgery coven. A bunch of bloated wax figures, all of them.....

• Love 18

Most glaring thing to me was Tre saying, as she walked down the stairs, that she was 'naive' and she wouldn't be that again.  Translation:  I'm going to be more careful next time.  She just continues to see herself as some kind of victim  instead of the lying thief that she is.

I took this to mean she will not be naive and go along with whatever her husband is doing.  I really do think she did not know enough about the shady things her hub was up to, she was just loving all the money and trappings.  I think she will be careful now what she signs her name to, she knows she has to do a little more CYA being married to Joe. 

As for Chris, he's a beaten man right now.  It's sad to see. 

What happened to Chris?  I agree he looked heavy and tired.  I always had a crush on him LOL.  What was the terrible thing that happened to him?  I don't even know what his "businesses" were, what did he do for a living?  

The two new women - I don't know.  I get kind of glazed when they're telling their stories.

I am glad to see Delores, she was actually Caroline's friend. She has been on the show many times before, and been at a lot of the events and trips that were filmed for the show over the years.  So she seems like an organic addition.

So Amber is just gone?  Like poof she's out?  The other two also?  Oh well, didn't care...

• Love 12
10 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I think that was the joke. He being playful but that was probably covering his real more OTT emotion.

Agree. I think he was trying not to break down. 

7 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Ashlee has moved back in with Jac because she is pregnant.

WHAT???? This may be the worst news I've gotten all year. Who is the father? The guy mentioned on the show? If so, did he move in as well? Can they not get their own place? Oh sweet, baby Jesus, why Ashley of all people? I'd rather Milania have a baby! (not literally)

5 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

So happy this show is back! I'm not a Nielsen home so I don't feel guilty watching.  No one knows, no one cares, it's not being counted.  Guilty pleasure.

LOL, that's how I reassured my husband when he had issues with me watching HoneyBooBoo. 

• Love 5

This episode was boring. I wondered if the non-Teresas are pissy/disappointed that even though they were 95% of the screen time, it was still basically a countdown to Teresa. And should I just assume that Jacqueline is, yet again, going to tell us over and over how wronged she was by Teresa...while showing herself trying to get back into a relationship with her? 

Ever since it first popped up, I just knew that speakeasy bar would end up on this show. That whole place is enormous.

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, MissE said:

Theresa looked really pretty in her coming home scenes. She should tone down the make up and hair more. 

Also, why are the girls still in school on December 23rd? I thought schools were out the week of Christmas.

I AGREE.  That was the prettiest I've ever seen Teresa look.  She should always wear her hair and makeup that way.

Growing up in PA, we always went to school up until the 23rd, which was a half day.  Pretty sure that was the case with them, as I heard T say "I'll see you at 1:00."

11 hours ago, Chicklet said:

In what alternative universe do Bravo producers live that they would think any of us would be interested in seeing Joe Gorga's naked blurred body? Gross

I felt sorry for the girls but Gabriella looked like she was thinking "yea mom glad you are back but let me go to school, get as educated as possible so I can get a job far far away from this place".

Great tats Joe Guidice has. Why is he spending what money they have on this and not putting away money for his kids?

Gotta love that Gabriella--she is a smart cookie!  I loved when one of the kids (Terrorist Milania?) asked if they had to go to school and Tre said no.... then looked over at Gabbi and was like "oh, you WANT to go to school don't you?"

Audrianna is a my favorite though.  She's so cute and sweet.  I love her little voice too.

11 hours ago, Sai said:

Oh, one of the new girls kinda looked like Dina to me but with brown hair.

Total brunette Dina.  Dina 2.0?

11 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Chris Laurita looks awful in his TH. I don't know if he got Botox or what, but I couldn't quit staring at his forehead and eyebrows.  Hate that he and Jac are back, only for money and shit stirring I'm sure.

The Guidice reunion got to me as well, those girls were so happy to have their mom back.  The innocent children always lose in situations like this. (Although, like a poster above I question Gabriella and Gia having to go to school...does NJ not take off the week prior to Christmas?)

Not sure I can make it all season, but what can I say, Housewives is a guilty pleasure. 

Ok I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed how bad Chris looked.  Jac -- that's a given.  She has looked terrible for a while now.  But Chris was always still somewhat handsome to me.  Now?  Yikers! 

10 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Yep, poor CJ the forgotten 13 year old "fuck trophy".

I feel for poor CJ.  He always seems to have been neglected.  But what does "fuck trophy" mean?  I mean, I guess I know what it means but I'm not sure how it relates to CJ...  Did C and J only get married because she got pregnant with CJ?  I'm not being snarky - I swear - I just honestly am curious!

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3

I didn't really think Teresa's return was all that fabulous. I didn't make me tear up or feel all warm and fuzzy. I'm glad the children have their mother back home but at least Teresa is alive and well and able to return back home. So many other kids have permanently lost family...Teresa and joe did cause this, guess that's why I wasn't sobbing. .  I thought Teresa looked pretty good for a year in prison.  

Jacqueline is really nuts and I don't like her at all.  Chris did not look good in the TH.  Something with his eyebrows. Plastic surgery? That family is a mess. 

The new women seem to be OK. Not irritating like those twins from last season. 

I like Melissa's hair cut shorter.  Joe Gorga hasn't changed one bit. All that sex talk must be acting for the camera. 

I never liked Caroline but I did wish she was at the Laurita party...I think I enjoy disliking her. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I feel for poor CJ.  He always seems to have been neglected.  But what does "fuck trophy" mean?  I mean, I guess I know what it means but I'm not sure how it relates to CJ...  Did C and J only get married because she got pregnant with CJ?  I'm not being snarky - I swear - I just honestly am curious!

I believe it's been said that Christ was engaged to someone else when he got together with Jaq. Maybe they were just fooling around, but she got pregnant, so he married her instead? My memory is real hazy, so I'm sure someone else can help me out here.

• Love 4

I never liked Caroline but I did wish she was at the Laurita party...I think I enjoy disliking her

Haha! I have this same feeling toward people on TV! I hate them--and I want them there, god damn it!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Jextella said:

I think I've hit a tipping point with all the RH shows.  I don't watch any religiously any more - just enough to stay in the loop.   Sometimes I just don't have enough energy.  I started to watch tonight's premiere but after a few seconds, it was all too much.  The loud voices, the accents, the gross/horny Joe, Jacqueline in general.  I come to forums to read up on what I missed which helps me decide if I want to tune in at a later date when I have more stamina.

Oh, and Jacqueline has a son?!?!?  How come I don't remember that?

Right or wrong, I find the Lauritas more egregious than the Guidices.  This sounds awful, but to a large degree, I think the Guidices are just simpletons who know better but don't know better enough not to do certain things.  The Lauritas are not simpletons and they know better on every level yet move forward anyway and with purpose.   There seems to be a difference in the level of understanding about the full impact of the couples' misdeeds and the intentionality of it.   

Call me a simpleton, but I think Joe and Teresa didn't (and likely still don't) clue into how their misdeeds hurt the little guy and I don't think they plotted to do what they did with much thought.  The Lauritas, on the other hand, know full well what they do and plot every step of the way.   I also think Joe and Teresa did what they did out of fear and desperation.   The Lauritas seem to make it part of the day-to-day operations.  I'm still wondering how it is they aren't in jail.  Anyone know?

Not that this excuses Joe and Teresa by any means. I just think the Lauritas are intentional crooks whereas the Guidices are to some degree, less intentional. 

The Giudices were never on the up and up.  Even their first home purchase was a fraudulently obtained loan.  At one point Chris and his brother had a truly thriving company that had $250 million in revenue.  When the company collapsed Chris went out and found a new product to promote and pay his bills.  Were they grossly overextended-absolutely.  Giudices only honest income seems to have come from the show.  They were mere simpletons they were just thieves from the beginning.  Teresa acts as if she innocently signed some papers.  I have read her various bankruptcy hearing transcripts-she is one dirty bird.  She was hiding assets and accounts and has yet to pay any creditor voluntarily.  The only repayment has been through seizure, foreclosure and court ordered restitution.  The post-Sandy aftermath Joe Giudice was caught ripping people off of their insurance proceeds.  They are not nice people.

Teresa needs to stop selling this wrongfully convicted nonsense or be forced to actually confront the truth.

• Love 23
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Maybe, but I wouldn't underestimate Joe Guidice. He might look like an idiot, but there's a method to his madness.

Agreed.

I think both Joe and Tre are very crafty, deceptive people.  I don't believe for one second they had no idea what they were doing.  It takes a lot of effort to swindle people like they did.  Both of them are smart enough to make the world seem like they are just idiots who got caught up into something they didn't understand. And that they are victims b/c they have to serve jail sentences.

\

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

After sleeping on it, I woke up and realized why I hate Jac so so much. The whole focus of Jac and Chris in one episode was Jac pleading with her autistic son to say "I love you". I wish they wouldn't even film him but good for him for saying "I love donuts".

I think that because their autistic son was able to repeat 'I love you' that it meant a whole lot more to them to hear it then it actually translated to. What I'm saying is that when an autistic child says 'I love you', they are generally just saying words that they are prompted and encouraged to say. There is no understanding of the phrase and no emotions supporting it.  A parrot could be taught to say 'I love you', but because he actually said it, Jacqueline and Carolyn choose to believe that there are feelings of love attached to the words. I can understand that a parent of an autistic child yearns and has an intense need to hear their child say those words and some never hear them. But understanding that this child expresses love in so many other ways, like simply looking directly into their mother's eyes and smiling, or smiling when you call them a nickname. These are responses that validate their love. Parents with autistic children are always searching for a sign of 'normalcy' about their autistic child and anything that translates as an emotion like love is a small confirmation of that normalcy.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I believe it's been said that Christ was engaged to someone else when he got together with Jaq. Maybe they were just fooling around, but she got pregnant, so he married her instead? My memory is real hazy, so I'm sure someone else can help me out here.

You got it right. In fact, Chris was engaged to one of Dina's best friends when he was screwing Jac. This is the reason why Dina has never liked Jac. She feels Jac manipulated her brother. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, FamilyVan said:

I took this to mean she will not be naive and go along with whatever her husband is doing.  I really do think she did not know enough about the shady things her hub was up to, she was just loving all the money and trappings.  I think she will be careful now what she signs her name to, she knows she has to do a little more CYA being married to Joe. 

I don't even believe this.  I believe that's the lie they concocted so that Tre would be viewed as victimized by her husband and keep her lucrative career.  

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The Giudices were never on the up and up.  Even their first home purchase was a fraudulently obtained loan.  At one point Chris and his brother had a truly thriving company that had $250 million in revenue.  When the company collapsed Chris went out and found a new product to promote and pay his bills.  Were they grossly overextended-absolutely.  Giudices only honest income seems to have come from the show.  They were mere simpletons they were just thieves from the beginning.  Teresa acts as if she innocently signed some papers.  I have read her various bankruptcy hearing transcripts-she is one dirty bird.  She was hiding assets and accounts and has yet to pay any creditor voluntarily.  The only repayment has been through seizure, foreclosure and court ordered restitution.  The post-Sandy aftermath Joe Giudice was caught ripping people off of their insurance proceeds.  They are not nice people.

Teresa needs to stop selling this wrongfully convicted nonsense or be forced to actually confront the truth.

Someone needs to explain to Tre that you don't mess with the feds!

At this rate I think the odds of her going back to jail are greater than the odds of her "writing" another NYT's bestseller....

• Love 5

"Tre Hugger" is hilarious. Ha! Joe Gorga is such a spoiled, petulant man-baby. So his only sibling being incarcerated has meant to him that, "I got my parents back." WTH? Dude is perpetually 5 years old. 

• Love 16

The way I read between the lines about Joe & Melissa and the issue with his parents, was that she wasn't the kind of "old school" Italian that they were. His dad expected her to be home 24/7 so he could drop by whenever he wanted to without calling. They didn't like that she didn't immediately become closer with his family than she was with hers, and all of that other nonsense. I don't like Melissa, but I have a feeling that at least some of her in-laws' dislike of her was over BS.

'

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Where did I miss hearing about Ashley and her pregnancy?  Oy vey, that girl really should not be having a baby and sadly I see Jac will probably be the one to pay for everything and probably raise it too.

Ashlee has actually become quite successful and is engaged to be married...I don't believe she is living at home...

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/07/ashlee-holmes-jacqueline-laurita-daughter-instagram-boyfriend-baby-peter-fiance-weight-loss-who-is-malleo/

• Love 3

After sleeping on it, I woke up and realized why I hate Jac so so much. The whole focus of Jac and Chris in one episode was Jac pleading with her autistic son to say "I love you". I wish they wouldn't even film him but good for him for saying "I love donuts".

I agree with you. You can coach any human (and some non-humans) capable of speech to say just about anything, but that doesn't mean they grasp the full subtlety and nuance of what they're saying, or that their words describe something they're actually feeling. I can teach a parrot to say, "Will you marry me?" but I'm not going to run out and get a license on the strength of his words. The Lauritas seem to use the "I love you" thing as a sort of parlor trick, with the poor kid just saying what's required in order to get the donut he really wants. Not great to watch.

• Love 6

I am so confused Joe and Teresa's house. I thought they were ordered by the court to sell it and wasn't she talking about moving into the apartment above the pizzeria? Yet they are still in it. It doesn't look like they cut back at all. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I am so confused Joe and Teresa's house. I thought they were ordered by the court to sell it and wasn't she talking about moving into the apartment above the pizzeria? Yet they are still in it. It doesn't look like they cut back at all. 

It was in foreclosure until the 3 part show when she was in jail. I'm assuming they used that money to get it out of foreclosure, and can now use her prison memoir and Bravo money to pay the bills.

• Love 5

I also cannot take the tears whenever she talks about him. I get that it is upsetting when you find out that your child has a problem, but she blubbers every.single.time she talks about him. 

5 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

My understanding is that Tre's Bravo paycheck (hence those specials) allowed them to get current on their mortgage. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

I also cannot take the tears whenever she talks about him. I get that it is upsetting when you find out that your child has a problem, but she blubbers every.single.time she talks about him. 

It's all that day drinking.

• Love 13

I was a little disturbed by the reaction of Gabriella upon Teresa's return from prison. The girls were all squealing and crying and jumping on Teresa. I watched the girls go upstairs with Teresa but Gabriella stayed behind next to Joe. It was the solemn look on her face, the seriousness that was a little concerning to me. I realize that Gabriella is the second oldest and middle child and will naturally have some of the personality traits of a middle child. Gia being the eldest has assumed a parental/big sister role, Milania being the 3rd child has adopted a bodacious personality and this is how she projects herself to be an individual. Little Audriana is only six and the baby of the family.

Gabriella is 11 years old and was at an extremely impressionable age when Teresa was sentenced to prison. She was too young to understand what transpired that got Teresa sentenced to prison and deprived her of her mother. Of all the girls, I fear that Gabriella will be the one with the most difficulties later on in life. I absolutely detest both Teresa and Joe for being selfish, greedy, narcissistic, and self-serving over the well-being and emotional stability of their four daughters. They are criminals that cared about their wealth more than their flesh and blood. The cars, jewels, mansion, clothes and all the accoutrements that come with the garish display of wealth was more important to them than the long-term emotional damage to their children. They're despicable loathsome people.

• Love 10

I had to give up on RHONY mid-way through the season, so I am thrilled NJ is back! I don't really hate to watch anyone on this show, now that the Manzo's are gone. And I feel absolutely zero guilt about watching!

I guess Jacqueline's job this season is to be Tre's nemesis? I am kind of intrigued by Melissa and Tre being on the same side, I might like that. Please, please cut all the scenes of Joe Gorga lusting after his wife, it's not entertaining or cute.  

I liked Jac's facelift friend, and if Ashlee is going to be mature and grown-up, I won't mind her being on the show. Tre's kids, despite being insanely loud and obnoxious at times, broke my heart last night. Joe seems awful excited to go to jail though, ha, he seems to think it'll be less stressful than being responsible for his daughters. 

• Love 5

I think that because their autistic son was able to repeat 'I love you' that it meant a whole lot more to them to hear it then it actually translated to. What I'm saying is that when an autistic child says 'I love you', they are generally just saying words that they are prompted and encouraged to say. There is no understanding of the phrase and no emotions supporting it.  A parrot could be taught to say 'I love you', but because he actually said it, Jacqueline and Carolyn choose to believe that there are feelings of love attached to the words. I can understand that a parent of an autistic child yearns and has an intense need to hear their child say those words and some never hear them. But understanding that this child expresses love in so many other ways, like simply looking directly into their mother's eyes and smiling, or smiling when you call them a nickname. These are responses that validate their love. Parents with autistic children are always searching for a sign of 'normalcy' about their autistic child and anything that translates as an emotion like love is a small confirmation of that normalcy.

Oh I agree, for normal parents. This is Jac and Silent Chris and how they choose to portray themselves in the public eye. Instead of focusing on their child and maybe once or twice say "yes it's been hard having our expectations crash and burn but we are working on it" they treat him like a trained pet. On camera. Show us him working on his skills, show a (well I was going to say normal but heh) reasonable interaction. Just stop trying to manipulate the audience. I'm happy her child is progressing but get off the woe is me train. You should have children and be willing to accept them /help them to be the best they can be, not to provide you with endless affirmations of love.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Gabriella is 11 years old and was at an extremely impressionable age when Teresa was sentenced to prison. She was too young to understand what transpired that got Teresa sentenced to prison and deprived her of her mother. Of all the girls, I fear that Gabriella will be the one with the most difficulties later on in life.

I agree. I worry about her. She is the serious one. I think she internalizes a lot and I have my doubts that anyone is going to her and trying to have an honest conversation, to try and make her feel better. When they aired the 3 specials, I always thought Gabriella seemed so stressed. I believe both she and and Gia were shouldering a lot of the mommy duties, but it seemed to come more naturally for her. Plus, she's quite a bit older. Gabriella should be playing with her friends and enjoying life, not worrying about her mother and trying to take care of her little sisters. I doubt therapy was considered for any of the girls, but it would not be a bad idea. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

So is Juicy in prison now? I know I can probably google it, but this board seems to know it all WRT to Juicy and Tre. 

I was a little surprised there was no WWHL with Tre as his guest. 

Joe started serving his 41 month sentence on March 23rd. According to their (icky) lawyer, Attorney James J. Leonard, Jr.; ""In the federal prison system, inmates typically serve 85 percent of their sentence. So when you're looking at a projected release date, what you're looking at is 85 percent of the actual custodial sentence," he said. "Additional time can and often does come off of the projected release date for things such as halfway house or home confinement, so in many cases an actual release date can be different than the projected release date. It seems very confusing, but it's actually not." 

According to US Weekly, Joe met up with RHOA husband Apollo Nida in prison. Apollo is finishing up a 8 year prison sentence on fraud and theft convictions. In April, Apollo was found with a smuggled cellphone in prison and he was removed and placed in maximum security since this is an egregious prison violation. Joe Giudice had been keeping his distance from Apollo prior to this cellphone incident. Joe has to keep his nose clean and not get into any trouble in prison in order to avoid deportation at the end of his sentence.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I was a little disturbed by the reaction of Gabriella upon Teresa's return from prison. The girls were all squealing and crying and jumping on Teresa. I watched the girls go upstairs with Teresa but Gabriella stayed behind next to Joe. It was the solemn look on her face, the seriousness that was a little concerning to me. I realize that Gabriella is the second oldest and middle child and will naturally have some of the personality traits of a middle child. Gia being the eldest has assumed a parental/big sister role, Milania being the 3rd child has adopted a bodacious personality and this is how she projects herself to be an individual. Little Audriana is only six and the baby of the family.

Gabriella is 11 years old and was at an extremely impressionable age when Teresa was sentenced to prison. She was too young to understand what transpired that got Teresa sentenced to prison and deprived her of her mother. Of all the girls, I fear that Gabriella will be the one with the most difficulties later on in life. I absolutely detest both Teresa and Joe for being selfish, greedy, narcissistic, and self-serving over the well-being and emotional stability of their four daughters. They are criminals that cared about their wealth more than their flesh and blood. The cars, jewels, mansion, clothes and all the accoutrements that come with the garish display of wealth was more important to them than the long-term emotional damage to their children. They're despicable loathsome people.

Teresa has said that Gabriella doesn't like being filmed.  She likes sports, school and her friends.  She is refreshingly normal and probably hoping to one day to get sent to boarding school.  The fact she would rather go to school than be around the circus of Teresa's return and filming seemed refreshingly normal.  She is one in family packed full of strong, competitive personalities. 

Since Jac son CJ seems to get the same treatment, I believe Jac said he is not fond of the cameras.  I would like to think the producers respect the different personalities of the children and not try and force something they don't want to be a part of.  It was nice to see Nicholas.  The two year break gives the viewers a real time perspective of his progress and the family's struggle. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

You got it right. In fact, Chris was engaged to one of Dina's best friends when he was screwing Jac. This is the reason why Dina has never liked Jac. She feels Jac manipulated her brother. 

I'm no Jac fan but maybe Chris was engaged to the wrong person when he met Jacqueline.  He wasn't married; he was engaged.  Not the best thing but not the worst.  He cancelled an engagement.  Did he walk away from his children or something?

Dina's not one to give marriage advice or have opinions about what people do in their romantic relationships.

Edited by Grey Goose
I forgot that Dina's had some freaky marriages.
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Joe started serving his 41 month sentence on March 23rd. According to their (icky) lawyer, Attorney James J. Leonard, Jr.; ""In the federal prison system, inmates typically serve 85 percent of their sentence. So when you're looking at a projected release date, what you're looking at is 85 percent of the actual custodial sentence," he said. "Additional time can and often does come off of the projected release date for things such as halfway house or home confinement, so in many cases an actual release date can be different than the projected release date. It seems very confusing, but it's actually not." 

According to US Weekly, Joe met up with RHOA husband Apollo Nida in prison. Apollo is finishing up a 8 year prison sentence on fraud and theft convictions. In April, Apollo was found with a smuggled cellphone in prison and he was removed and placed in maximum security since this is an egregious prison violation. Joe Giudice had been keeping his distance from Apollo prior to this cellphone incident. Joe has to keep his nose clean and not get into any trouble in prison in order to avoid deportation at the end of his sentence.

Joe is scheduled to get out in March 2019 according to the BOC inmate locator.  He went in March of 2016, and was sentenced to serve 41 months.  It appears the BOC has estimated his release date at the 85% schedule.  He faces deportation but even if deported he may be allowed back in the US after 10 years.  http://immigration.lawyers.com/deportation/conviction-may-mean-deportation-or-removal-from-us.html

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

Call me a simpleton, but I think Joe and Teresa didn't (and likely still don't) clue into how their misdeeds hurt the little guy and I don't think they plotted to do what they did with much thought.  The Lauritas, on the other hand, know full well what they do and plot every step of the way.   I also think Joe and Teresa did what they did out of fear and desperation.   The Lauritas seem to make it part of the day-to-day operations.  I'm still wondering how it is they aren't in jail.  Anyone know?

Not that this excuses Joe and Teresa by any means. I just think the Lauritas are intentional crooks whereas the Guidices are to some degree, less intentional. 

This.  It seems deeper than garden variety stupidity though, like they're checked out and separated from it.  Kinda like people who are anosognostic.  I watched the replay of Jersey's reunion this weekend (don't judge me!) and they legit do not get their impact.    The Lauritas are grifty as hell.  I would think the Juicys getting nabbed would make everybody tighten up their collars and shady dealings.    But maybe not.   

2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

"Envy"? Long, exasperated sigh. Really? I realize that these nitwits were just barely alive in the go-go 80s when 'greed [was] good,' but does everything they do have to be tinged with corny 1980s zeitgeist? I loved a lot of things about the 80s, but these fools seem to be consumed with all the lamest, most asinine aspects of it. Newsflash, Honey: Nobody envies you. You married an illiterate ape for money, calved some kids, can't poo poo in your own house, "wrote" a book promoting marital rape, and have to give up more poontang on demand than a ho in a 19th-century mining camp. Ain't nobody envious, Dum Dum. 

I do believe I'm more fond of this than Nicholas is of donuts.  I think Joe thought we might have a reason to Envy her with that shower scene but, yeah, no.   Has he ever had a conversation outside of: family, poison and food?   That girl can never go on a weekend trip without him?

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

My belly jiggled!  Lol!

41 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I love Gabriella.  She seems like the only person in this entire family who understands what happened and why.   If for no other reason, that's my girl because she regularly looks at her sisters or parents like:

serious.gif

I swear I'm waiting for her to turn directly to the camera and say, ya'll see this?

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I love Gabriella.  She seems like the only person in this entire family who understands what happened and why.   If for no other reason, that's my girl because she regularly looks at her sisters or parents like:

serious.gif

I swear I'm waiting for her to turn directly to the camera and say, ya'll see this?

I think it takes quite a long time for some children to realize that their parents weren't always right. Sometimes it takes a person to reach middle age to understand their parents weren't perfect and were in fact a couple of assholes sometime. But, in Gabriella's case, I think this girl understands exactly why her parents are both law-breakers and liars. The other girls will live in their pink cloud of blind-eyeness for a long time I think.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree with your statement but lots of criminals ran successful businesses before they stole from them or nefariously ran them into the ground.

Chris and his brother raided that business' assets to finance their facade of a life and then shouted bankruptcy. They left people high and dry too. Chris would still be using company assets to live on if he were able to. Instead of spouting nasty words in a deposition on assets like the Gudices did. They delayed, delayed, delayed as long as possible with filing paperwork. They even strung out the bank like the Gudices did with their forclosed house only paying out if it with a Bravo check.

I understand honest people declaring bankruptcy because of unforseen circumstances who are humbled by it but not people that steal to live high on the hog and then leave others footing the bill. 

Chris is no different than Joe Gudice. They just went about it differently and Chris may be smart enough not put himself in that position again.   Chris, Joe, Jacqueline and Theresa all think they have done nothing wrong. Two went to jail, two didn't  but they are all painted with the same brush.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

I know what the Guidices did was wrong. Tre has paid her penalty serving time as prescribed by the legal system and Joe will serve his time and perhaps get deported afterwards. It may not seem to be enough for some, but it is what the legal system deemed appropriate. All the Real Housewives shows are mindless TV watching and neither they nor Bravo should be held in contempt because they are not in the vanguard of social justice activism. Everybody, EVERYBODY, can benefit from an escape from reality for at least one hour every few days. 

This. I stopped following the Tre and Joe drama after she went to jail. Now I just do not care and am pretty indifferent to Tre, but enjoy watching her and Joe and their family on this show. Honestly I probably would not have tuned in unless Tre was back just because she was the only interesting one with all her drama for me and I just did not like the other housewives.

2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Joe Gorga is such a spoiled, petulant man-baby. So his only sibling being incarcerated has meant to him that, "I got my parents back." WTH? Dude is perpetually 5 years old. 

Congrats Joe Gorga, your sibling was incarcerated and you got your parents back. Isn't that like winning by default? Also, do I have to hear about how much you want to have sex with your wife all the damn time? Hell, even Melissa looked over it.

I was rolling my eyes at Jaq reading the note Teresa wrote. I kept thinking she was so thirsty for Teresa's friendship before she went off to jail, now she says she does not care, but she so obviously does. I laughed when Jaq said to Melissa that Teresa did not even put her (Jaq) on her friends list. Uh, why would she?

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 10

Jacqueline continues to operate under the delusion that she is, as Rhett Butler said to Scarlett, "the cutest little trick in shoe leather." Sadly for her that ship sailed, if it was ever in port, long before we were ever introduced to her on this show. Nothing quite as pathetic as a grown woman swanning about with all the affect of a very immature teenager. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, smores said:

I care.  They defrauded people to get the money to live lavishly before they went to prison.  They lied to avoid paying multiple times, and after they were caught in their lies, they would grudgingly admit to this or that being omitted by accident.  Then when it blew up in their face as them committing fraud, they continued to lie and only stopped when the judge finally called them on it.

They are now claiming they are paid in full, but they have never paid back the people that they owed from the original bankruptcy.  They paid back the court ordered restitution, but that's it.  Yet somehow they are able to keep their gaudy onyx palace and get a new Lexus.  I can't imagine how it feels to be a legit business person who went under due to some of their BS who now has to listen to them go on about how they're putting the chapter behind them, and they've paid their debts, and are moving forward with "love, love, love" stronger than ever!  

On top of that?  T is suing her bankruptcy lawyer.  She is trying to get out of even the responsibility she took in her plea deal, and is trying to get money from someone who isn't responsible for her lies.  

If they live lavishly due to their own hard work, great! But, they want to live lavishly due to lies, scams and fraud?  Yeah, that's crap.  Watching now, for me, means I'm saying I'm totally fine with what she did before, and that I'm fine with her continuing to do what she did.  No debts have been paid, no lessons have been learned, and I'm not cool with that.

Thundering applause!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I always thought Chris Laurita was a quiet one. They sure had him doing alot of TH tonight. So they are broke and are going to have to move soon. At least he admits it. Ashlee came home to "save money". Is that code for she couldn't cut it out in L.A.? 

I forgot about the twins! Didn't miss them at all. 

Weren't the Gorga's building a new house last season and renting somewhere until it was finished? Now they are back living in the original one. They glossed right over that, I want to know what happened there. They seem like such posers, always trying to keep up the wealthy image but in reality not having a pot to piss in.   

Big mouth Ritchie didn't go to the Laurita Christmas party with Kathy and Rosie? 

I guess I won't be satisfied until I see the Guidice's lose that McMansion. I won't feel they learned their lesson until that happens. I thought they were in foreclosure. Tre was the primary bread winner for years and once she went to prison she wasn't earning any money so how did drunk ass Joe pay the mortgage? He wasn't even allowed to drive. 

I know I'm in the minority here but I can't stand the Guidice children and Joe always yelling and screaming in the house. That is one loud, frantic family. Same with the Gorga kids. Calm down, already. 

You aren't alone.  And while I KNOW Teresa's sentence was served yada, yada, yada, the fact these broke ass thieves still have that hugely expensive McMansion, designer clothes, fancy NEW car WHILE owing everyone on their original bankruptcy chaps my ass (what lesson are these kids learning??).  I did not watch and will not watch since I don't want to be someone who supports them.  They didn't make a mistake.  They willfully stole and lied on docs to fund a lifestyle they were not capable of achieving on their own.  I loathe thieves and liars (have been legally dealing with one myself for 2 years and like these assholes mine will not have to face the consequences deserved).  

• Love 4