Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

As if somebody will run out and get vaccinated because he says so.  🙄  Plus, the little man croaks when he sings so I can't stand his voice.  

I like his ad alot better than Spike Lee's!

(edited)
On 7/21/2020 at 4:25 PM, bilgistic said:

OK, folks, I need help with a highly annoying problem. We have a fruit fly invasion. I've tried the vinegar-in-a-bowl trick--which worked perfectly for me at my old apartment--and the flies are laughing at me. I'm currently marinating an overripe piece of watermelon in a bit of vinegar in a little container and they aren't interested in that, either. I swear we had no issues until several weeks ago when my boyfriend bought a couple of bananas and all of the sudden we had the flies and now I can't get rid of them. No products I'm seeing online have consistently good reviews. What foolproof methods have you used to get rid of them? I'm going crazy!

On 7/21/2020 at 4:58 PM, peacheslatour said:

Try white wine. It works for me.

On 7/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I dunno.  I tried quite a bit of white wine, but when I woke up, the fruit flies were still there.  Oh, that's not what you meant...?

Okay, more seriously... @bilgistic - did you put a drop of Dawn in the vinegar solution?  And/or put a sheet of plastic wrap over the top and punch a few holes in it?  (Bugs check in, but they can't check out!)

I thought the fruit fly discussion sounded familiar...  the above exchange is from the Pet Peeves thread, from about a year ago.  Not sure if the original problem got solved there, though.

And... I just realized this has moved on to Small Talk.  Sorry about that.  Carry on!

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • LOL 3
12 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Ok, enough with the Allstate ad with the van going down a circular garage.   The song I n.it bugs the crap out of me. 

It makes me dizzy.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Maverick said:

Ok, enough with the Allstate ad with the van going down a circular garage.   The song I n.it bugs the crap out of me.

I still think that commercial will make you go insane if watched regularly.

• LOL 5

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I just watched the commercial for different sized Glad bags and when to use them, and the guy cleans up a spill but as he is dragging the paper towel across the table, he leaves a huge trail of the white goop he cleaned up.  He just leaves it and throws the paper towel into the Glad bag.  Ugh.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 3:12 PM, rcc said:

Yes that commercial is bad but the cream sure does work.

I combed through the threads to find this. Thank you! I bought some and it works on my arthritic knee like magic! It's wonderful.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I combed through the treads to find this. Thank you! I bought some and it works on my arthritic knee like magic! It's wonderful.

My SIL told me about the generic and gave me a tube. I asked my doc, and she prescribed some for me (before it became OTC).  She mistakenly prescribed the 3% instead of the 1% and when I went to pick it up, the pharma tech asked for $999.00.  Re-scripted at 1%, it was *only* $68.  When my brother & SIL went to Europe, she saw it in the drug stores, OTC, for $16 a tube. She brought me back 2 tubes.  Now it's readily available. Whew!

Interesting thing about the Spanish Voltaren - it comes in a box, one side of which is studded with Braille.  For all our ADA requirements, you'd think the USA would be doing that, as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

In the middle of the night when I can't sleep (which seems to be happening more and more) I keep seeing commercials for over the counter sleep medications.  I know I am having trouble sleeping, I don't need the commercials to constantly remind of that. The newest one is for Qunol Sleep Support.   I can't find it in the stores anywhere, and I have been looking for it. 

There's a page on their website, but it's not in their online store.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Another Mo-taur commercial, which is apparently talking about if tires are too tight or not.  I can't stand any of those commercials, and don't understand why it's supposed to make me buy their insurance. 

I don't get those commercials either.   What's their message? 

• Love 6
On 7/9/2021 at 2:21 AM, Gramto6 said:

Lume again late tonight  this time under arm  scent relief...any one else see this????

I've never even heard of the product, let alone seen any ads.  Curious where you're seeing it.  I watch mostly broadcast network tv plus Hulu with ads.  The ads I see commented on here are about half-and-half (see them all the time vs. never heard of them).  Hope I'm not jinxing myself!

• Love 2
On 7/8/2021 at 7:35 AM, bankerchick said:

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I just watched the commercial for different sized Glad bags and when to use them, and the guy cleans up a spill but as he is dragging the paper towel across the table, he leaves a huge trail of the white goop he cleaned up.  He just leaves it and throws the paper towel into the Glad bag.  Ugh.

The Lume ads with the peach remind me of a comic I saw (can't remember which one) who screamed, "Wash your ass!" as a suggestion to folks complaining they weren't getting sex.  So maybe instead of rubbing Lume on your chocolate starfish, you just wash your ass.  How smelly is that woman that she needs a special cream?  Is she shoving her ass in people's faces so they get a good sniff?  When she walks by, do people comment on the stench? It's a solution searching for a problem. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The Lume ads with the peach remind me of a comic I saw (can't remember which one) who screamed, "Wash your ass!" as a suggestion to folks complaining they weren't getting sex.  So maybe instead of rubbing Lume on your chocolate starfish, you just wash your ass.  How smelly is that woman that she needs a special cream?  Is she shoving her ass in people's faces so they get a good sniff?  When she walks by, do people comment on the stench? It's a solution searching for a problem. 

image.thumb.png.1ec1c069462b34e7e92918505ff1cf8c.png

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I've never even heard of the product, let alone seen any ads.  Curious where you're seeing it.  I watch mostly broadcast network tv plus Hulu with ads.  The ads I see commented on here are about half-and-half (see them all the time vs. never heard of them).  Hope I'm not jinxing myself!

Late night while watching Frasier on Hallmark Channel.

• Useful 2
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Maybe it's just on late night? I watch Frasier on COZI TV and I've yet to see one.

Maybe, I can't remember what I was watching the first time I saw the ads. I watch Frasier on COZI TV too, but here it is on at 6PM.  Hallmark is late night.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Lume ads are all over youtube, which I watch a lot of, so I will frequently get the same ad before multiple videos in a row. I have my mouse hovered over where the "Skip Ad" button will be, just waiting for those 5 seconds to be up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I had to look up "Lume" because I never heard of it and haven't seen a single commercial for it.  Now that I know what it is, I hope to never see any Lume commercials.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I had to look up "Lume" because I never heard of it and haven't seen a single commercial for it.  Now that I know what it is, I hope to never see any Lume commercials.  

I finally saw one. The one with the nectarine. Everything you guys said it was and more. Yikes.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I finally saw one. The one with the nectarine. Everything you guys said it was and more. Yikes.

Nectarine/peach whatever, that is the most disgusting one of all of them! Sorry you had to see that. What is wrong with advertisers that think we want to see that carp?!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Nectarine/peach whatever, that is the most disgusting one of all of them! Sorry you had to see that. What is wrong with advertisers that think we want to see that carp?!

It could have been worse. They could have used a taco.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Okay, I had to go looking and found it on youtube...luckily the peach bit was at the beginning so I didn't have to watch the whole thing. Skimmed some of the comments and they're all raving about how hilarious their ads are. Clearly we have a different sense of humor...

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Okay, I had to go looking and found it on youtube...luckily the peach bit was at the beginning so I didn't have to watch the whole thing. Skimmed some of the comments and they're all raving about how hilarious their ads are. Clearly we have a different sense of humor...

Very different sense of humor for sure! I don't find them funny, I find them on the disgusting side...and if I never see another one I will be very happy!

• Love 4

Curiosity finally got me and I am trying hard to avoid saying anything about killing cats or what other name kitty cats are called often also referring to ...

Oh. My. Gosh.

Butt incense?

That twit gabbing about the Lume (which I have now learned is a two-syllable word pronounced like it's French (extra point for hilarity on that one), loo-may.

She talks so freaky I can't understand what the hell she's saying at times.  Other times I wish I didn't understand what she's babbling about.

Is it for real?  Is it a parody about the insanity of body odors and the different parts they comes from?

WHY???

Is the peach supposed to be a butt or a reference to what "Eat A Peach" means?

Anyway, that Lume shit is expensive.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Damn, I'd never actually looked at the prices before. 15 bucks for a stick of deodorant (2.2 oz)? $19 for a 3 ounce tube. 

(Dammit, now all my ads on the pages here are for Lume.)

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Curiosity finally got me and I am trying hard to avoid saying anything about killing cats or what other name kitty cats are called often also referring to ...

Oh. My. Gosh.

Butt incense?

That twit gabbing about the Lume (which I have now learned is a two-syllable word pronounced like it's French (extra point for hilarity on that one), loo-may.

She talks so freaky I can't understand what the hell she's saying at times.  Other times I wish I didn't understand what she's babbling about.

Is it for real?  Is it a parody about the insanity of body odors and the different parts they comes from?

WHY???

Is the peach supposed to be a butt or a reference to what "Eat A Peach" means?

Wouldn't just regularly bathing with soap and water do the trick?

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Blergh said:

Wouldn't just regularly bathing with soap and water do the trick?

I'm wondering if this ass deodorant is geared toward the hipsters, who decided that bathing is uncool and do not shower daily, instead waiting weeks to take a shower and shampoo their hair.

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I'm wondering if this ass deodorant is geared toward the hipsters, who decided that bathing is uncool and do not shower daily, instead waiting weeks to take a shower and shampoo their hair.

I can't help picturing this fedora clad neckbeard saying "Naw daddy-o, getting wet is for squares and grannies. I rub myself with this rock. It's cool man, cool."

• LOL 13

Speaking of such matters, I was unpleasantly surprised to see an ad last night, for some kind of women's intimate care product, I didn't have my glasses on so couldn't see the name. It showed women using the toilet, as they spoke about this product. How low are admakers going to go, and WHY are people so desperate to be on tv that they would be filmed as if they were using the toilet, with their pants down?? Have a little self respect, all of you!

• Love 10

I can't help picturing this fedora clad neckbeard saying "Naw daddy-o, getting wet is for squares and grannies. I rub myself with this rock. It's cool man, cool."

You're a real gone gal!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, susannah said:

Speaking of such matters, I was unpleasantly surprised to see an ad last night, for some kind of women's intimate care product, I didn't have my glasses on so couldn't see the name. It showed women using the toilet, as they spoke about this product. How low are admakers going to go, and WHY are people so desperate to be on tv that they would be filmed as if they were using the toilet, with their pants down?? Have a little self respect, all of you!

I'm guessing it's this one?

• LOL 1