Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Maverick

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I don't know why the underwear would be gross if a pad is not.  (I don't like pads, so I'm not interested in the panties, but I sure like the reducing waste idea).

For me, it is because you don't wash disposable pads. Plus if you have to change the panties every couple of hours as needed, you would have to have alot of them, and what would you do if you were away from home or at work or something and had to change, would you have to carry the used pair around?

  • Like 7
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

OK for the last couple of days I have been seeing a Hanes ad for men's underwear that totally grosses me out. The guy is touting the underwear that separates and supports basically "his balls" he poses and spreads his legs, rides a bull to show how everything is "contained". They are called "Balance" but pronounce it more like "Ball ance" egad! 

I just saw that commercial yesterday and was going to post about it, LOL.  Just gross.  I really think they're intentionally trying to gross people out.

12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

My interpretation was they were showing the garbage with plastic wrappers etc. and saying with these machine washable panties you don't need to have all that extra waste materials. I'll pay more attention next time I see it. No fricking way in heck I would put  those panties in my wash! When I did have periods they were very heavy. What is the greater pollution, some pads and plastic wraps in the garbage or running the washing machine for 3-5 pairs of panties...Someone didn't think this through all the way...

Yes, I saw that commercial, I thought that was what they were saying too.  The panties themselves are the pad and the pad is not removable, you just wash the panties to reuse them. 

"Aunt Flo" was heavy for me too, especially in the last decade of it so just no to that.  Not even after rinsing them out.  What about the blood mixing in with the rest of the laundry?  Uh-uh, would never do that.  And doing a bunch of them separately would mean waiting a week or so and having heavily soiled, wet from rinsing panties hanging around somewhere (where would you put them?).   And rinsing them out where?  In a slop sink?  I don't have one and I wouldn't use my bathroom sink or especially not the kitchen sink for that purpose.  It was bad enough having to do it for the occasional leaks but an entire soiled panty?  Ugh.  Plus I can't believe that they are constructed to prevent leaks from getting on your clothing.  It just looks like the crotch area of the panty is a little thicker but there's a reason period pads are shaped and contoured - to prevent leaks.  But they bank on people not thinking that far and ordering them anyway.  Obviously someone must think this is a good idea or they would never be able to afford a commercial like that.

Of course they didn't think this out, but this is the kind of ridiculous idea that passes today.  I don't know what that says about our society, but it's not good.  If this is the kind of "great" idea or "improvement" that people think they're contributing to society, we're in trouble.  Yes, it looks like it saves energy, but in the long run, how much?  That's a lot of rinsing and extra laundry done.  Plus more cleaning if you have to handle bloody panties in a sink.  Plus a lot of extra work for women who don't need more work.  I still say that if men had periods tampons and pads would be tax deductible.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

That was the mindset that convinced me, @Bastet—both methods are...”collecting the evidence”! And ultimately, the former felt “cleaner” during the day than the latter. That said, I’ve always been a “low volume” kind of girl, so I’m not sure how secure I’d feel if that wasn’t the case (I’m trying not to get graphic here—though I’m not sure why! We say all sorts of things here). Either way, I am glad I tried them!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

That was the mindset that convinced me, @Bastet—both methods are...”collecting the evidence”! And ultimately, the former felt “cleaner” during the day than the latter. That said, I’ve always been a “low volume” kind of girl, so I’m not sure how secure I’d feel if that wasn’t the case (I’m trying not to get graphic here—though I’m not sure why! We say all sorts of things here). Either way, I am glad I tried them!

I think they might not be so bad for women with lighter periods or on light days but not other than that (trying not to be graphic either).

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I just saw that commercial yesterday and was going to post about it, LOL.  Just gross.  I really think they're intentionally trying to gross people out.

Yes, I saw that commercial, I thought that was what they were saying too.  The panties themselves are the pad and the pad is not removable, you just wash the panties to reuse them. 

"Aunt Flo" was heavy for me too, especially in the last decade of it so just no to that.  Not even after rinsing them out.  What about the blood mixing in with the rest of the laundry?  Uh-uh, would never do that.  And doing a bunch of them separately would mean waiting a week or so and having heavily soiled, wet from rinsing panties hanging around somewhere (where would you put them?).   And rinsing them out where?  In a slop sink?  I don't have one and I wouldn't use my bathroom sink or especially not the kitchen sink for that purpose.  It was bad enough having to do it for the occasional leaks but an entire soiled panty?  Ugh.  Plus I can't believe that they are constructed to prevent leaks from getting on your clothing.  It just looks like the crotch area of the panty is a little thicker but there's a reason period pads are shaped and contoured - to prevent leaks.  But they bank on people not thinking that far and ordering them anyway.  Obviously someone must think this is a good idea or they would never be able to afford a commercial like that.

Of course they didn't think this out, but this is the kind of ridiculous idea that passes today.  I don't know what that says about our society, but it's not good.  If this is the kind of "great" idea or "improvement" that people think they're contributing to society, we're in trouble.  Yes, it looks like it saves energy, but in the long run, how much?  That's a lot of rinsing and extra laundry done.  Plus more cleaning if you have to handle bloody panties in a sink.  Plus a lot of extra work for women who don't need more work.  I still say that if men had periods tampons and pads would be tax deductible.  

This, x100!  Very well said. Plus, besides all the reasons you mentioned, you'd have to have a bunch of pairs and I don't even know how much that would cost, I haven't seen the ad, but it would be an extra expense for people who don't need an extra expense. I don't know why they can't make a panty made of some kind of leakproof fiber that women could wear just with whatever product they use or even over their regular underwear if they wanted to, washable but not like this product, just to have peace of mind during periods that clothes and sheets are protected. It doesn't exist because it is not men's problem?

3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

That was the mindset that convinced me, @Bastet—both methods are...”collecting the evidence”! And ultimately, the former felt “cleaner” during the day than the latter. That said, I’ve always been a “low volume” kind of girl, so I’m not sure how secure I’d feel if that wasn’t the case (I’m trying not to get graphic here—though I’m not sure why! We say all sorts of things here). Either way, I am glad I tried them!

Are they expensive, and how do they do different sizes? I haven't seen them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, susannah said:

This, x100!  Very well said. Plus, besides all the reasons you mentioned, you'd have to have a bunch of pairs and I don't even know how much that would cost, I haven't seen the ad, but it would be an extra expense for people who don't need an extra expense. I don't know why they can't make a panty made of some kind of leakproof fiber that women could wear just with whatever product they use or even over their regular underwear if they wanted to, washable but not like this product, just to have peace of mind during periods that clothes and sheets are protected. It doesn't exist because it is not men's problem?

Are they expensive, and how do they do different sizes? I haven't seen them.

It's all on the Thinx website. But a warning--once that company has your email, oh my goodness, they will communicate like madmen (though not as bad as some of the online glasses places; like how often do you think I need new glasses anyway?!). It's too much, haha!

I did not find there to be more laundry than usual; why would there be, unless one wore underwear only during that time of the month? And even so, would a bunch of underwear make that much of a difference per laundry load? I mean, everyone's gotta do what they gotta do, but I find this method way less "gross" than a trash can full of blood, ahahhahaaa!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/16/2021 at 1:18 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Speaking of termite inspections, I've been seeing a new Jake from State Farm ad where our intrepid agent is camping out with some guy named Russell who wood carved Jake's head into a knob of wood, snaps it off and gives it to him.

I hate that commercial.  If you cannot get Nick Offerman to reprise his role of Ron Swanson, please do not create a substitute.  Russell even talks like Ron.  

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, susannah said:

I may have misinterpreted that ad but I thought the period panties were for extra protection, in addition to tampon or pad, to protect your clothes, not in place of.

According to their website, the underwear is intended to be used as a substitute for pads, etc., but I've read that they don't work as well as the company claims so a lot of women who use them do use them as extra protection.

16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I searched it, and period panties are a replacement for tampons, or pads.  In fact, the pads aren't supposed to be used with the panties.       

That would never have worked when I was still having periods.  I had some days/nights when it was like Niagara Falls and those underwear would not have prevented leaks.  It's a nice idea but the execution is lacking.  As for washing them, I guess you can rinse them out before putting them in the washer, but given that it's not just blood, that's a big NO for me.  The commercials are not offensive to me, but I'd rather not see them and avoid them when I can.

12 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don't know why the underwear would be gross if a pad is not. 

For me, it's because I just wrapped the pads up and tossed them.  Having to mess around with rinsing bloody underwear was simply something I'd never have done.  So glad I don't have to worry about it anymore, because yes, being a woman is never simple.

That Colace commercial is indeed awful.  I don't really need constipation explained to me quite that graphically, thank you very much.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I have no dog in this game — and ladies need to do what they need to do, especially when dealing with periods — but I can attest to the easiness of cleaning and the lack of leaks and various other discomforts associated with traditional methods. And had there been a need to switch ‘em out throughout a typical workday (back when I went to an office, that is), it would have been a hearty hell no from me from the get-go! Oy vey, that would be where I drew the line!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Folks, We are yet again wandering far from commercials.  Please take any further talk about periods and assessment of feminine hygiene products to Small Talk.  The talk really flows in Small Talk.  

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw that underwear commercial with Kim Kardashian.  After all the “feminine products” ads that have been on; the tastelessness, sexism and crassness of so many regular commercials...I didn’t think any commercial would have the ability to actually offend or anger me.  But here we are.  Her snapping at the “waistline” of the panties..the practiced pout...the just plain overt, practiced sexiness.  I can see men loving this.  But they are not the ones buying this underwear...so other than shock value, how effective are the K sister ads in relation to product sales? This goes for the sister who does the sexy, pouty migraine prescription ads.  

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, Kemper said:

just saw that underwear commercial with Kim Kardashian.

I looked it up. I for one do not believe she "never wore underwear." Isn't that the whole point of push-up bras etc? And personally, not wearing underwear is, ick.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/19/2021 at 1:12 PM, proserpina65 said:

According to their website, the underwear is intended to be used as a substitute for pads, etc., but I've read that they don't work as well as the company claims so a lot of women who use them do use them as extra protection.

This is the problem I have with such commercials.  Claims that don't match up to reality.  At least they should specify that it may not work all by itself for some women who might need more protection, but no of course they wouldn't do that.  I wouldn't mind using them as a backup with extra protection but not all by themselves so why can't they just say that it can be used that way if necessary?  I think it would make a few women who are hesitant about the product see another way it can be useful for them.

Speaking of claims that don't match up to reality, I am currently cheesed off about a Special K Red Berries commercial that shows the bowl bursting with strawberries, meanwhile the last two boxes I have purchased have had maybe 2 strawberries per bowl in them.  And that's no exaggeration.  I hadn't bought the product in a few years until a month ago.  I gave it some slack when my first box  had very few strawberries in it, figuring I may have just gotten a bad box.  But it's the exact same thing with my second box.  They used to give you more.  And it's misleading advertising.  I am going to send the company a note about that.  What is happening to quality control lately?  This is far from the first time I've had similar quality issues with products since the pandemic.  Like Baked Ruffles with no ridges at all, just very faint lines you can't even feel.  The company actually thanked me for letting them know about the issue and is going to send me some coupons, LOL.  I guess I'm becoming that cranky old "Karen" or whatever, LOL.  🙄

 

 

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm thoroughly annoyed at any of the K peoples ads. I agree with annoyance at famous for being famous, that's as bad as "influencers". Which, come to think of it, they are probably the first influencers. It's such a stupid concept and word.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure this has been mentioned but I just have to vent my red hot hate for the Cox cable commercial. It's a women in her 50's(?) singing some stupid kids song:

"A Too de Ta A Too de Ta A Too de Ta ta" 

Once you hear this stupid "song" it sticks in your head so BEWARE

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I just saw that underwear commercial with Kim Kardashian.  After all the “feminine products” ads that have been on; the tastelessness, sexism and crassness of so many regular commercials...I didn’t think any commercial would have the ability to actually offend or anger me.  But here we are.  Her snapping at the “waistline” of the panties..the practiced pout...the just plain overt, practiced sexiness.  I can see men loving this.  But they are not the ones buying this underwear...so other than shock value, how effective are the K sister ads in relation to product sales? This goes for the sister who does the sexy, pouty migraine prescription ads.  

 

I guess they would be for women who are deluded enough to think that they can be sexy like KK if they buy the product.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I just saw that underwear commercial with Kim Kardashian.  After all the “feminine products” ads that have been on; the tastelessness, sexism and crassness of so many regular commercials...I didn’t think any commercial would have the ability to actually offend or anger me.  But here we are.  Her snapping at the “waistline” of the panties..the practiced pout...the just plain overt, practiced sexiness.  I can see men loving this.  But they are not the ones buying this underwear...so other than shock value, how effective are the K sister ads in relation to product sales? This goes for the sister who does the sexy, pouty migraine prescription ads.  

 

  I remember hearing that a large (if not the largest) portion of Victoria's Secret customer bases is men.   They buy it for their wives/girlfriends/mistresses/booty calls.   If you see a VS commercial about how comfortable their product is, it's for the women.  If you see one that is all about how hot the model looks it...it's for the boys.

 

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

This is the problem I have with such commercials.  Claims that don't match up to reality.  At least they should specify that it may not work all by itself for some women who might need more protection, but no of course they wouldn't do that.  I wouldn't mind using them as a backup with extra protection but not all by themselves so why can't they just say that it can be used that way if necessary?  I think it would make a few women who are hesitant about the product see another way it can be useful for them.

Speaking of claims that don't match up to reality, I am currently cheesed off about a Special K Red Berries commercial that shows the bowl bursting with strawberries, meanwhile the last two boxes I have purchased have had maybe 2 strawberries per bowl in them.  And that's no exaggeration.  I hadn't bought the product in a few years until a month ago.  I gave it some slack when my first box  had very few strawberries in it, figuring I may have just gotten a bad box.  But it's the exact same thing with my second box.  They used to give you more.  And it's misleading advertising.  I am going to send the company a note about that.  What is happening to quality control lately?  This is far from the first time I've had similar quality issues with products since the pandemic.  Like Baked Ruffles with no ridges at all, just very faint lines you can't even feel.  The company actually thanked me for letting them know about the issue and is going to send me some coupons, LOL.  I guess I'm becoming that cranky old "Karen" or whatever, LOL.  🙄

 

 

 It's not quality control; it's that way by design.  Reducing higher value components, decreased quality, reducing the package size, inferior packaging.   It's all designed to shave a few fractions of a cent of each unit a little at a time.

53 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

I'm thoroughly annoyed at any of the K peoples ads. I agree with annoyance at famous for being famous, that's as bad as "influencers". Which, come to think of it, they are probably the first influencers. It's such a stupid concept and word.

 It is a stupid word, but it's not a new concept.  This used to be called being a "Trendsetter".  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/19/2021 at 5:32 AM, Yeah No said:

I just saw that commercial yesterday and was going to post about it, LOL.  Just gross.  I really think they're intentionally trying to gross people out.

That reminds me of Kramer on Seinfeld getting told his swimmers would be better off if he wore boxers. He decided to not wear anything and Elaine and Jerry were cringing at only one layer of fabric between them and it.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, susannah said:

I guess they would be for women who are deluded enough to think that they can be sexy like KK if they buy the product.

Do those KK underwear have extra room for a large caboose? 

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

Do those KK underwear have extra room for a large caboose? 

I should have made clear that I do NOT think any Kardashian/Jenner or anyone that they associate with is sexy!

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really hate this commercial with the singing hood ornament that claims switching to a less expensive car insurance is going to “make lots of money.”

I hate it because even though I assume the singing hood ornament was a COVID work around, it’s one of those bad ideas that should never have become part of an expensive commercial, IMO.

And I hate it because “saving” money is not the same as “making” money. But maybe I’m just being cranky because of the singing hood ornament.

Oh. And BTW, in an accident in a convertible, no insurance is going to save your life.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

She (the hood ornament*) is actually growing on my despite seeing that commercial for months.  She's so joyful in her singing and certainly is enjoying the trip.  She still looks like an alien though.

(*Just wanted to make sure it was understood I was talking about the hood ornament and not any Kardashian, although they can be mistaken for aliens at times too.)

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She (the hood ornament*) is actually growing on my despite seeing that commercial for months.  She's so joyful in her singing and certainly is enjoying the trip.  She still looks like an alien though.

(*Just wanted to make sure it was understood I was talking about the hood ornament and not any Kardashian, although they can be mistaken for aliens at times too.)

I was just thinking tonight after seeing the ad again that the hood ornament creeps me out, plus, a female as an ornament on a guy's car? Also really don't like the one with the guy chasing a woman around the house, is it a Kardashian? for eating his Cheetos!

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, Maverick said:

 It's not quality control; it's that way by design.  Reducing higher value components, decreased quality, reducing the package size, inferior packaging.   It's all designed to shave a few fractions of a cent of each unit a little at a time.

The Ruffles people assured me that their product should have noticeable ridges when you eat them and told me they would pass my concern along to quality control.  Are they lying about that?  I don't know.  I can't imagine that in anyone's universe completely ridge-less Ruffles would be intentional, but in this upside down universe we're living in right now I guess it's possible.   I agree with you that a lot of this stuff is by design like the skimpy strawberries.  I haven't heard back from Kellogg's yet about that.  It should be interesting to see if they pass that off as a quality control issue.  It could be - things have been a little wonky with a lot of stuff since the pandemic so we'll see.

The downsizing issue has been one of my pet peeves for a long time, which is one of the reasons why I follow that blog I posted a couple of weeks ago called "Mouseprint".  Edgar Dworsky is a lawyer that posts about false claims in advertising every week and one of his twice yearly roundups involves the sneaky shrinking of products while keeping the price the same or actually increasing the price while claiming to give you more product!

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, susannah said:

plus, a female as an ornament on a guy's car?

Yeah, that too. I just keep imagining the Zoom meeting where they discussed how to change the original concept of 2 people in the car sitting close together singing, and it seems like for what they got paid, they could have done better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, susannah said:

I was just thinking tonight after seeing the ad again that the hood ornament creeps me out, plus, a female as an ornament on a guy's car? Also really don't like the one with the guy chasing a woman around the house, is it a Kardashian? for eating his Cheetos!

It's Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis. They are married. They used to be on That Seventies Show. That's all I know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

It's Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis. They are married. They used to be on That Seventies Show. That's all I know.

There must be more than one similar ad. The one I'm referring to has a black man and a black haired woman and she is hiding from him while eating Cheetos.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I really hate this commercial with the singing hood ornament that claims switching to a less expensive car insurance is going to “make lots of money.”

I hate it because even though I assume the singing hood ornament was a COVID work around, it’s one of those bad ideas that should never have become part of an expensive commercial, IMO.

And I hate it because “saving” money is not the same as “making” money. But maybe I’m just being cranky because of the singing hood ornament.

Oh. And BTW, in an accident in a convertible, no insurance is going to save your life.

 

So do I. I can't think of a commercial I hate more.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Comcast Business ad. Goddamit, Pete. Don't you have enough money? You're gonna sell Baba O'Rily?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Binge-watching shows on Hulu.  Keep seeing an ad for GrubHub.  The music is so annoying, and I can't stand the way the characters look!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Comcast Business ad. Goddamit, Pete. Don't you have enough money? You're gonna sell Baba O'Rily?

And Comcast wireless uses Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac.  I hate their commercial where the girl is comparing changing phone plans to breaking up with her boyfriend.  She tells him it's over by text.  Really?

Unfortunately, with all these artists selling their catalogs off for big bucks, we're going to see a lot more of these classic songs in commercials.  😒

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, Yeah No said:

I guess I'm becoming that cranky old "Karen" or whatever, LOL.  🙄

No apologies required if it gets you free potato chips.  They are starting to know me at the local Wendys because if I spend $11 on a combo and specifically say, 'no mayo on the sandwich' and get home to find mayo has ruined my sandwich, they are going to hear about it.  Every time.

 

4 hours ago, madmax said:

Unfortunately, with all these artists selling their catalogs off for big bucks, we're going to see a lot more of these classic songs in commercials.  😒

None more depressing that hearing Rocket Man being sung as 'Rakuten.'

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

No apologies required if it gets you free potato chips.  They are starting to know me at the local Wendys because if I spend $11 on a combo and specifically say, 'no mayo on the sandwich' and get home to find mayo has ruined my sandwich, they are going to hear about it.  Every time.

Fuckin' A. I have had more ruined sandwiches and tacos that I care to count. That's one good thing about being a regular at a place, they get to know your preferences although usually just when they get it, they hire a bunch of noobs who have to be trained all over again.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2021 at 9:11 AM, susannah said:

There must be more than one similar ad. The one I'm referring to has a black man and a black haired woman and she is hiding from him while eating Cheetos.

Both commercials I saw had Mila and Ashton, but also Shaggy (I hope that name's right), and in one version he has a more prominent role.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Both commercials I saw had Mila and Ashton, but also Shaggy (I hope that name's right),

Yep, you got it right - he's the one who performed the funny "It Wasn't Me" song the commercials are riffing on.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Forget the kitchen chair, he was squirming on the upholstered sofa—that thing's going to be like the couch in a frat house rec room!

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Similar to the lack of strawberries in Special K (the cereal, not a Kardashian)... TWO SCOOPS of raisins in a box of Kellogg's Raisin Bran!!  I always wondered if they use proportional scoops for the different size boxes or does a small box come packed with raisins and a large box sparsely populated with them, but they each add up to two scoops. WHAT SIZE are the scoops?

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/20/2021 at 3:00 PM, Yeah No said:

I guess I'm becoming that cranky old "Karen" or whatever, LOL.  🙄

What exactly is this "Karen" thing? I have seen it often but not sure what it means. I know it's not complimentary, and I do feel for those who are named Karen!

2 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Similar to the lack of strawberries in Special K (the cereal, not a Kardashian)... TWO SCOOPS of raisins in a box of Kellogg's Raisin Bran!!  I always wondered if they use proportional scoops for the different size boxes or does a small box come packed with raisins and a large box sparsely populated with them, but they each add up to two scoops. WHAT SIZE are the scoops?

Teaspoon size? Keebler elf size?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, susannah said:

What exactly is this "Karen" thing? I have seen it often but not sure what it means. I know it's not complimentary, and I do feel for those who are named Karen!

(Yeah a lot of Karen's are my age roughly, so I feel for them). It's an annoying woman who always wants to "complain to the manager" about some perceived error on the part of some poor hapless employee. Basically an entitled woman. I don't know why men aren't "Karens" as well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, susannah said:

What exactly is this "Karen" thing? I have seen it often but not sure what it means. I know it's not complimentary, and I do feel for those who are named Karen!

This from Wikipedia:

Quote

Karen is a pejorative term for a woman seeming to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term also refers to memes depicting White women who use their privilege to demand their own way.[1][2] Depictions also may include demanding to "speak to the manager", being racist or sporting a particular bob cut hairstyle.[3] The term has been criticized for being sexist, ageist, misogynistic, or seeking to control female behavior.[3] As of 2020, the term was increasingly being used in media and on social media as a general-purpose term for middle class White women, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic and Black Lives Matter protests.[1] The term has also been applied to male behavior.[3][4] The Guardian called 2020 "the year of Karen".[5]

Don't even get me started on how angry it makes me.  I have never been a "Karen" in my life for all sorts of reasons (not the least of which was growing up and living in the Bronx for half my life, the height of anti-entitlement), but now of course I will probably be called one.

3 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Similar to the lack of strawberries in Special K (the cereal, not a Kardashian)... TWO SCOOPS of raisins in a box of Kellogg's Raisin Bran!!  I always wondered if they use proportional scoops for the different size boxes or does a small box come packed with raisins and a large box sparsely populated with them, but they each add up to two scoops. WHAT SIZE are the scoops?

LOL, I know!  I've seen some pretty small scoops, too!

14 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The last thing I want to see is a bear's bare ass cheeks rubbing on a chair seat. If the bear's bare ass isn't clean, rubbing those dirty ass cheeks on a kitchen chair seat is about as disgusting as it gets.🐻

 

I can't even begin to express how disgusted those bear commercials make me.  They're cartoons, but still....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

OK, I didn’t think a commercial could get any worse, but now we have the Gold Bond powder.  A kid is tossed a basketball and says “these balls are moist”.  Then comes an older man who says “or is that the damp weight of self awareness you now hold in your hand?”   Next “Keep your downstairs dry with Gold Bond”, all while the kid is looking down at his crotch.  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 6

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

OK, I didn’t think a commercial could get any worse, but now we have the Gold Bond powder.  A kid is tossed a basketball and says “these balls are moist”.  Then comes an older man who says “or is that the damp weight of self awareness you now hold in your hand?”   Next “Keep your downstairs dry with Gold Bond”, all while the kid is looking down at his crotch.  

image.png.f07d0d4b29c7b7828cccd0b63e832e40.png

As long as we're talking about it. I guess that's all they care about.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

OK, I didn’t think a commercial could get any worse, but now we have the Gold Bond powder.  A kid is tossed a basketball and says “these balls are moist”.  Then comes an older man who says “or is that the damp weight of self awareness you now hold in your hand?”   Next “Keep your downstairs dry with Gold Bond”, all while the kid is looking down at his crotch.  

That's just nuts.🐿️

  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Similar to the lack of strawberries in Special K (the cereal, not a Kardashian)... TWO SCOOPS of raisins in a box of Kellogg's Raisin Bran!!  I always wondered if they use proportional scoops for the different size boxes or does a small box come packed with raisins and a large box sparsely populated with them, but they each add up to two scoops. WHAT SIZE are the scoops?

They used to advertise that you got at least one raisin in every spoonful. My sister and I kept careful track as we were eating them. If you started out allotting one raisin in each spoonful, you still ran out of raisins before you got to the bottom of the bowl. This was a scientific study replicated many times over of period of several months.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

They used to advertise that you got at least one raisin in every spoonful. My sister and I kept careful track as we were eating them. If you started out allotting one raisin in each spoonful, you still ran out of raisins before you got to the bottom of the bowl. This was a scientific study replicated many times over of period of several months.

My DH and I did a similar study. We came to the conclusion that Post Raisin Bran has the most raisins. We just buy Sun Maids in those little boxes and dump 'em into the cereal.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

 We just buy Sun Maids in those little boxes and dump 'em into the cereal.

That's what my grandmother kept threatening to do when my sister and I sat at the breakfast table every morning counting our raisins. We somehow couldn't get her to understand we were doing scientific research, and she would invalidate our study if she introduced additional variables.

We also didn't want the added raisins because they hadn't been bathed in granulated sugar the way the ones that came with the cereal were.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

That's what my grandmother kept threatening to do when my sister and I sat at the breakfast table every morning counting our raisins. We somehow couldn't get her to understand we were doing scientific research, and she would invalidate our study if she introduced additional variables.

I think raisins are a crime against grapes, but this had me laughing out loud.  It's science, Grandma!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size