Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I totally understand, but since rapid in-home tests are readily available, I'm assuming he's already taken a test if the symptoms match.

yeah I have a batch of (free) at-home tests that we use whenever we think we have "just a cold." So it really can be "just a cold."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

I totally understand, but since rapid in-home tests are readily available, I'm assuming he's already taken a test if the symptoms match. My husband got his third COVID booster for free at our county senior center. In addition to his shot, he came home with 2 bags of N95 masks and 2 at home tests. Last I looked we had 6 at home tests that we got for free.

38 minutes ago, dleighg said:

yeah I have a batch of (free) at-home tests that we use whenever we think we have "just a cold." So it really can be "just a cold."

Yes, but it’s just one of those phrases used so much in the last two years that hearing it just grates on my nerves.

Especially when the loudest part of population (not necessarily the largest) doesn’t think illness is such a big deal anymore.

Also, the jackass in the commercial sneezed into his hand. I think.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yes, but it’s just one of those phrases used so much in the last two years that hearing it just grates on my nerves.

Especially when the loudest part of population (not necessarily the largest) doesn’t think illness is such a big deal anymore.

Also, the jackass in the commercial sneezed into his hand. I think.

That's gross.

• Love 5

Stupid Hershey Kiss bell commercial. It’s shortened and different again this year, which disappoints my cat. He loves the bell song, and the beginning of of the updated commercial gets his little hopes up.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

I saw a commercial for a kids toy which I do not remember the name of, is is some sort of robot doll and it dances and says something, I kept hearing it as "Shut your mouth," but after several times I realized it was saying, "Show us your moves," I liked the "shut your mouth," better.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
54 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Correction: he didn’t even cover his mouth at all. Yet another reason to hate that commercial.

I went out today amongst people, so I wore my mask. When I had to cough, I still put my hand over my masked mouth...and then laughed at myself.

• Wink 1
  • Love 2

The long running Hungryroot commercial that finally was edited to remove the lady warbling about how the company came through is still driving me batty. Even though the edit happened quite awhile ago my first reaction to seeing it coming on is to grab the remote as fast as I can to mute.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Jaded said:

The long running Hungryroot commercial that finally was edited to remove the lady warbling about how the company came through is still driving me batty. Even though the edit happened quite awhile ago my first reaction to seeing it coming on is to grab the remote as fast as I can to mute.

I tried Hungry Root twice...  I live in MT it ships via fed Ex to Memphis TN by the time it got back to me in MT all the frozen foods were thawed out and I had to toss them. The first time I complained they refunded my cost. I tried once more same thing, thawed food I would not risk eating. Worst experience ever! Cancelled and never looked back! How stupid to ship to TN  from CA and then back to MT?? I get that TN is a Fed Ex hub but come on with perishable food?? Some one needs to use some brain cells when food is involved.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I forgot about the Flo Progressive commercial with the cute little animals, and her pulling the plug on it, since I haven't watched in for a long time.   I really dislike that, and Flo was so mean.     

Aww, I think it's funny, especially when Jaime says "Someone will have to tell Mittens. She's a diva". 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

OMFG! I almost puked! 🤮

BTW, I didn't realize Snooky is his mother! 

She's not. Peter Michael Davidson was born in New York City's Staten Island borough on November 16, 1993, the son of Amy (née Waters) and Scott Matthew Davidson  His father was a New York firefighter for Ladder 118 who died in service during the September 11, 2001 attacks, along with the rest of his unit  He was last seen running up the stairs of the Marriott World Trade Center just before the building was destroyed when the Twin Towers collapsed. His Requiem Mass was held at St. Clare's Catholic Church in Great Kills, Staten Island. Davidson, then aged seven, was profoundly affected by the loss. He told The New York Times that it was "overwhelming" and that he later acted out in school as a result of the trauma, at one point ripping his hair out until he was bald.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 2

The Peloton commercial with tiny people yelling “profound” sayings that make absolutely no sense. Like: “You didn’t come to work out, you came to outwork.” What does that even mean? And: “No challenge, no change.” That’s just not true. Did they even think about what any of this meant?

• Applause 8
  • Love 4

This Guinness commercial with, I think, Dan Marino — much like the young guy in the commercial, I don’t know sports so well. Just enough to know that I know the sports guy from some kind of sports). Anyway, first, the young guy calls him “Pops” when he looks nothing like someone you’d call Pops. Then, when a third guy says to Possibly Dan Marino (PDM) something about “back when you played ball,” the young guy assumes that PDM used to play tennis. Who calls tennis “ball”? (Also, is it supposed to be insulting to have played tennis?) 

Edit: Wait! Do I mean Joe Montana? I might. I am pretty sure there is an M though.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MagicEyes said:

The Peloton commercial with tiny people yelling “profound” sayings that make absolutely no sense. Like: “You didn’t come to work out, you came to outwork.” What does that even mean? And: “No challenge, no change.” That’s just not true. Did they even think about what any of this meant?

Nope. It's what I call "bumper sticker talk."

• Like 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, MagicEyes said:

Humorous-Uninspirational-Poster.thumb.jpg.6f23b58e57f1ba162f2ed2e288c7f35f.jpg

• LOL 13
21 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

I see that @peacheslatour has confirmed this to be incorrect, but @Gharlane, I am curious where you heard that Snooky rumor.  Or did you think the woman in the commercial was Snooky?  😄 That's funny

Well, she looked like an older Snookie to me! 

17 hours ago, MagicEyes said:

I would hate to be yelled at while I exercise.  😬

17 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

This Guinness commercial with, I think, Dan Marino — much like the young guy in the commercial, I don’t know sports so well. Just enough to know that I know the sports guy from some kind of sports). Anyway, first, the young guy calls him “Pops” when he looks nothing like someone you’d call Pops. Then, when a third guy says to Possibly Dan Marino (PDM) something about “back when you played ball,” the young guy assumes that PDM used to play tennis. Who calls tennis “ball”? (Also, is it supposed to be insulting to have played tennis?) 

Edit: Wait! Do I mean Joe Montana? I might. I am pretty sure there is an M though.

Heh. I keep thinking he's Joe Namoth. 😀

I only see this commercial on the Tennis Channel,  so it makes sense to me that the kid thinks he played tennis. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
5 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I only see this commercial on the Tennis Channel,  so it makes sense to me that the kid thinks he played tennis. 

But the young (fictional!) guy doesn’t know he’s being shown on a tennis channel — or any channel, haha! But on the tennis channel, does anyone refer to the game of tennis as “ball”?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/5/2022 at 6:47 PM, MagicEyes said:

I don’t want change…I want to wrap presents. Every time I think they can’t get more obnoxious, they prove me wrong.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

I just saw an ad for a Shark Wand vacuum, whose selling point is that you don't have to empty it because it empties itself.  Then they showed how when you put it onto the charger, it empties the vacuum into a container in the base of the charger.  So then, you have to empty that. How is that any better?

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I just saw an ad for a Shark Wand vacuum, whose selling point is that you don't have to empty it because it empties itself.  Then they showed how when you put it onto the charger, it empties the vacuum into a container in the base of the charger.  So then, you have to empty that. How is that any better?

I know. I think the same thing. I guess the advantage is the wand's container doesn't need to be emptied every time you use it. What squigs me out is when they show it sweeping up a wet noodle spill. Yuck. How fun is that going to be to clean. 🤢

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, RedElf said:

It's for the people who want their paychecks 2 days earlier. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 21
19 hours ago, Ghost of TWOP Past said:

It's for the people who want their paychecks 2 days earlier. 

They can buy this vacuum two days sooner than they could have. Hopefully in time for pasta night, in case they spill it. In fact, maybe that clumsy-ass, paper plate, spaghetti dinner date guy needs to be included in this whole thing.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

The commercial with the two older people on the beach, are they supposed to be Mr. & Mrs. Santa Clause? I have no clue what the product is they are selling...at the end some girl yells something at them like "Goal," or "Snow," or "Nose."

What is that all about?

• LOL 1

What I want to know is what inappropriate men with Peroni's Disease do, since according to the ad it's only approved for appropriate men.

And while we're about it, men who are treated with Dupixent are supposed to wait for four weeks after treatment before engaging in sexual activity.  Hahahahahaha.  Like that's ever going to happen.

• LOL 6
On 12/5/2022 at 3:47 PM, MagicEyes said:

I worked in an office in the 90s that had those horrible motivational posters everywhere.  One of our Sales Managers loved the one that said, "Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, you'd better wake up running."  We used to all joke about.  "Yep, woke up running this morning, right into the wall" or "forgot to get out of bed first. Accidentally kicked my husband in the ass" or "slipped in the shower today.  Why? I was running!"

12 hours ago, Leeds said:

What I want to know is what inappropriate men with Peroni's Disease do, since according to the ad it's only approved for appropriate men.

And while we're about it, men who are treated with Dupixent are supposed to wait for four weeks after treatment before engaging in sexual activity.  Hahahahahaha.  Like that's ever going to happen.

Hm, is the medicine judgmental?  Sorry, you don't qualify.  You have terrible table manners.  Or come back when you treat your family better.  

Did the Dupixent ad say what kind of sexual activity was off limits?  I sense wanking is still in the picture.  Uh oh, now I am inappropriate.  Good thing I don't have Peroni's disease.

• LOL 10
53 minutes ago, dleighg said:

you are not alone. Her stupid smirk, him hugging the damn truck....

Normally I love dogs in commercials but this ad is irritating for the above reasons, as well as whistling.  I hate whistling in commercials.

The ad gives off a Hallmark Christmas movie vibe.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

If you're referring to Peyronie's Disease, the medication Dupixent would not help, as it is prescribed for the treatment of asthma.

Dupixent

I was talking about two different ads in one post.  According to a post I quoted, the Dupixent folks aren't allowed sexual activity for four weeks.  The Peyronie's folks need to be appropriate.  Such is the way of advertising.  

• Useful 1

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here or not, but whenever I see that Emeril Lagasse “Forever Pans” commercial, I 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄because that set is $200! So, what? After 30 days, if you decide to keep them after “trying” for $14.95, is that amount deducted from your first (of four) payment of $49.95?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

Normally I love dogs in commercials but this ad is irritating for the above reasons, as well as whistling.  I hate whistling in commercials.

The ad gives off a Hallmark Christmas movie vibe.

I hate how underwhelmed she is by the puppy. I'd be over the moon about that darling dog. I hate trucks in general.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here or not, but whenever I see that Emeril Lagasse “Forever Pans” commercial, I 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄because that set is $200! So, what? After 30 days, if you decide to keep them after “trying” for $14.95, is that amount deducted from your first (of four) payment of $49.95?

I don't know, but Gordon Ramsay is hawking his own set of pans, HexClad Hybrid Cookware, 6-piece set only $379 on Amazon.  As of this post by me, a set has 666 reviews of 5 stars.  Yes 666 reviews.  GR is famous for his show "Hell's Kitchen." 😁

3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I hate how underwhelmed she is by the puppy. I'd be over the moon about that darling dog. I hate trucks in general.

Yeah, and she just has to one up the boyfriend or whatever with her truck.  Just as long as Mr. Wonderful doesn't run over the puppy in his new truck!

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

My question about that commercial is....who's driving the truck? We never do see a driver, it just seems to suddenly manifest itself and ride up to the couple. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

I don't know, but Gordon Ramsay is hawking his own set of pans, HexClad Hybrid Cookware, 6-piece set only $379 on Amazon.  As of this post by me, a set has 666 reviews of 5 stars.  Yes 666 reviews.  GR is famous for his show "Hell's Kitchen." 😁

I know who Gordon is and saw them on Amazon with a small clip of him cooking. While he can be raging asshole, what I wouldn’t give for him to show up at my door and cook something for me!

Whaaaat???

• Like 1