Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, margol29 said:

This is a commercial for one of those apps that you send someone money on your phone. There is a horse  and jockey in the winners circle and the horse starts eating the flowers of some woman's hat that is standing next to it for pictures. If you are standing next to the horse I would think that you are the owner of the horse so you are the one responsible for the hat. but the jockey takes his phone (which was in his pocket of his jockey uniform) (I don't think they have pockets) and sends the woman money over his phone for her hat. Even if that woman is not the owner of the horse, the owner is not the jockey and he should not have to pay for the hat. The owner pays not the jockey. It irritates me every time this ad plays.

The fact that you put that much thought into this makes me think we would be friends.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, margol29 said:

This is a commercial for one of those apps that you send someone money on your phone. There is a horse  and jockey in the winners circle and the horse starts eating the flowers of some woman's hat that is standing next to it for pictures. If you are standing next to the horse I would think that you are the owner of the horse so you are the one responsible for the hat. but the jockey takes his phone (which was in his pocket of his jockey uniform) (I don't think they have pockets) and sends the woman money over his phone for her hat. Even if that woman is not the owner of the horse, the owner is not the jockey and he should not have to pay for the hat. The owner pays not the jockey. It irritates me every time this ad plays.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

The fact that you put that much thought into this makes me think we would be friends.

Me too! I just totally cracked up when I read "the horse starts eating the flowers of some woman's hat..." No idea why but I'm laughing typing this. 

Edited by configdotsys
People don't crack.... they crack up. Crack is wack.
  • Love 1

My irrational hatred of the moment is for some tablet/laptop/computer commercial.  A very pretty woman of (possibly) mixed race talks about why she started some dumb fashion blog/vlog/whatever-cakes.

She says "Growing up, I had no one who looked like me."   Nothing more specific. That's it.  No one who looked like her.   I am guessing she means she had no one who looked like her as a role model/to look up to or whatever, but,  not what she says.

It gives me the impression that as an infant she was abducted by aliens and only recently returned.  "No one looked like me!  No one had two arms, two legs, hair, or even eyes ...  It was horrible.  No one even walked on two legs."  

I mean, bless, I get the idea - but the non-specificity of the advert just makes me nuts.  I would think she had parents, and assuming she is talking about no one looking like her in hair or her skin color, I know a lot of people with that skin color.

Something about it just bugs.  She says it all whiny and sort of smugly on top of it.  Grr.

• Love 14
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, chenoa333 said:

What dafuq? I guess I'm off to research Warfarin. I've heard the commercials many times but never paid attention. Sounds like it must be some concoction to slow down excessive bleeding when playing with Emma.

If you're serious, it's a blood thinner - especially important if your body tends to have a clotting disorder.  My dad was on it, and he had to be really careful about eating things like salads, and things high in Vitamin K.  He eventually got on Xarelto because it's not as broad as Warfarin is, and doesn't have the dietary restrictions.

• Love 1

This commercial for Roomba is utterly preposterous, as any dog owner will attest to. Any dog owners out there? Tell me: if someone spilled a bunch of Cheerios all over the floor, how long would they remain there before your dog ate them all? Half a second, maybe? Less? Never long enough for the Roomba to get to them, that's for damn sure. Nor would the cat food spilled all over the floor next to the cat's dish remain uneaten by said dog. Apparently whoever made this commercial knows nothing about dogs. (And it's a rare dog that would just lie there and look at the Roomba anyway rather than either barking at it or running away like my dog would.)

• Love 20
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

If you're serious, it's a blood thinner - especially important if your body tends to have a clotting disorder.  My dad was on it, and he had to be really careful about eating things like salads, and things high in Vitamin K.  He eventually got on Xarelto because it's not as broad as Warfarin is, and doesn't have the dietary restrictions.

It also requires VERY close monitoring, because if the patient takes too much, it can cause a lot of problems.  My Dad was on it, and he had to have lots of blood tests.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Gah! Seventh Generation detergent lady "It's kind of a big DILL" Why the hell can't actors pronounce words correctly? Walla.

In all fairness, the actress was making vegetable puns all through that commercial.  And, funnier still, LOTS of folks that I live near pronounce "meal" as "mill"" and "deal" as "dill".  Local vernacular, funny stuff.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Thank you for the info on Warfarin. I know many of these pharmaceutical drugs do help people and I mean no disrespect to the the folks who can live a better life because of that drug.

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Gah! Seventh Generation detergent lady "It's kind of a big DILL" Why the hell can't actors pronounce words correctly? Walla.

It's intentional, she's making puns all the way through the ad.

• Love 2

Re the food restrictions of warfarin...that's the one part about it my mom embraced. YAY...she didn't HAVE to eat broccoli or salads or asparagus or greenbeans or peas or the dreaded KALE!!!.  She might have given up had they told her no butter nor cream cheese.  And with that nutritionally poor of a diet, she still lived to 93.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Thank you for the info on Warfarin. I know many of these pharmaceutical drugs do help people and I mean no disrespect to the the folks who can live a better life because of that drug.

I didn't think you were being disrespectful.  Just too many times I've answered a question and someone replied "DUH!  I know what it is, I was just joking" so I am never now sure if someone is "being serious" that they don't know what something is.  Not referring to this site - but it's happened on other sites.  :)

• Love 2
18 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I don't like this Alfa Romeo commercial.

I cannot STAND the voice over on that ad. I must mute it immediately 

• Love 3
(edited)

Ok. Now  I have to google this ad because it sounds extremely annoying! Lol. 

So...is this the ad with the 2 red Alpha Romeos making love? Weird. Stupid. But I would drive one if AR would give me one for free. Then I could experience what it's like to be weird, annoying, stupid and get a car for free! Screw the "Helpful Honda" guy!!

Edited by chenoa333
20 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I kind of liked the one with the 2 cars dancing but in this one the VO artist sounds like she could make a fortune doing phone sex. It should be rated PG at least. 

• Love 2

I hate commercials with cannibal foods and commercials featuring talking foods that are in a situation where they might be eaten. Don’t give food a personality and/or friends and then imply they might be murdered. Or, even worse, that I should be the one to end their improbable existence. Turning my snacking experience into a moral dilemma is not cool.

On a slightly more serious note, I wish DQ would cut the shit with their profoundly annoying voiceover guy. “I’m the new hot buttered ass blizzard, blah blah blah, godawful pun or folksy quip, I’m fan food.” I think the ads would annoy me less if he just said “this is” instead of acting like he’s the product introducing itself to me. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And it's a rare dog that would just lie there and look at the Roomba anyway rather than either barking at it or running away like my dog would.

I don't think it's that rare. Both my mom's dogs don't give a shit about the Roomba. And I can't tell you how disappointed I was that all three of my cats don't either. I was really hoping to get some fun cat videos but they just lay there and stare at it. They get up and move if it's heading for them, but that's it.

• Love 4
On 4/29/2018 at 2:33 PM, MaryPatShelby said:

Oh, that clown smile!  I watched her first sitcom a lot in syndication and she did not smile like that, so it must be plastic surgery gone wrong. I tried to watch her new sitcom a few years ago, and all I could see was that smile. At first I thought, well, she's smiling that way for emphasis because she just said something really snarky...but no. That was her actual smile and I just couldn't with it.

Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I had to contribute this:

Why would somebody DO this to themselves??? How in the world is this better?

a216.jpg

• Love 6
2 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I don't think it's that rare. Both my mom's dogs don't give a shit about the Roomba. And I can't tell you how disappointed I was that all three of my cats don't either. I was really hoping to get some fun cat videos but they just lay there and stare at it. They get up and move if it's heading for them, but that's it.

My aunts two Ragdolls weren't terribly impressed with hers but those two were hard to frazzle. I don't know how my cats would handle it. They used to freak out when we would run the vacuum cleaner but as they have gotten older they just kind of glare at it and go back to sleep. I still want one though.

(edited)
On 5/8/2018 at 12:52 PM, InDueTime said:

I've never listened to a Yoko Ono song, and thanks to this PetSmart ad, I never will. The "Tra la la la" in this song irritates me to no end.

I didn't know this was Yoko.  I like the song for this ad.   I found it sweet. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5

I had a cat once (died in 2013) who would step on the Roomba in the middle of the night and we would wake up to it doing it's thing at 3 a.m. Heaven forbid she'd vacuum during the day. One night before bed, I put a cover over the power button (which is in the center) so if she stepped on it, it would not turn on. We woke up to Roomba in the middle of the night again. She must have just kicked the cover off and pressed power. I have a video somewhere of her stepping on it and turning it on but it's very, very dark. 

• Love 11
On 5/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, InDueTime said:

I've never listened to a Yoko Ono song, and thanks to this PetSmart ad, I never will. The "Tra la la la" in this song irritates me to no end.

Wow. Had no idea that was her. Not really a huge fan of the ad either.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I had a cat once (died in 2013) who would step on the Roomba in the middle of the night and we would wake up to it doing it's thing at 3 a.m. Heaven forbid she'd vacuum during the day. One night before bed, I put a cover over the power button (which is in the center) so if she stepped on it, it would not turn on. We woke up to Roomba in the middle of the night again. She must have just kicked the cover off and pressed power. I have a video somewhere of her stepping on it and turning it on but it's very, very dark. 

Our digital landline has backup power provided by a HEAVY almost car-battery-sized backup battery.  The on switch is right on top.  The cat likes to step on it, turning off our phone

• Love 7
On 5/4/2018 at 2:46 AM, 7isBlue said:

Hate.

Every time this idiot says, "It's fine..." I want to shake her!

https://ispot.tv/a/wU0L

I knew exactly what you were talking about without even clicking the link, and my question is, if all of the woman's friends know that she has eczema, why haven't one of them offered the solution the other lady does at the end of the ad? Like, 'I'm fine' is clearly code for "I'm miserable because I'm having an outbreak and can't go anywhere", so how come no one thought to give her this information?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"We're getting a refund because we didn't use this! Also, you're fat."

Would anyone not have cried foul had the male performer said 'You're looking anorexic'?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I knew exactly what you were talking about without even clicking the link, and my question is, if all of the woman's friends know that she has eczema, why haven't one of them offered the solution the other lady does at the end of the ad? Like, 'I'm fine' is clearly code for "I'm miserable because I'm having an outbreak and can't go anywhere", so how come no one thought to give her this information?

Because she's been pulling the "I'm fine but not really" passive-aggressive plea for sympathy so long that the rest of her friends have just given up. The lady from the end of the ad has just met her. What she doesn't know is Miss I'mFine is going to half-ass the treatment and then go back to complaining when it "doesn't work".

• Love 20

Beg to differ, Brattinella-

Telling someone they're  fat or that they're looking anorexic would be rather rude  (and the commercial depicted didn't have the female performer say it to her male counterpart in a concerned tone- much less have her offer a viable means to a healthy weight).  But then again more folks than ever seem to think dissing   even their supposed loved ones rather than attempting any kind of manners towards them is 'cool'.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jamoche said:

Because she's been pulling the "I'm fine but not really" passive-aggressive plea for sympathy so long that the rest of her friends have just given up. The lady from the end of the ad has just met her. What she doesn't know is Miss I'mFine is going to half-ass the treatment and then go back to complaining when it "doesn't work".

Even if the woman at the end is a new acquaintance, her tone when saying "Maybe you should ask your doctor" is either condescending or sarcastic.  As if she's really saying "Idiot! Why don't you consult a doctor about your medical problem?"  Which is just what the whining heroine deserves & is my reaction too.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Jamoche said:

I saw this ad for the first time last night and that's the impression I got, too.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

I hate commercials with cannibal foods and commercials featuring talking foods that are in a situation where they might be eaten. Don’t give food a personality and/or friends and then imply they might be murdered. Or, even worse, that I should be the one to end their improbable existence. Turning my snacking experience into a moral dilemma is not cool.

This is from one of my husband's favorite restaurants.  Look at what he does to his enemies! (ie: check his pitchfork).  He's King Hot Dog, and I always say "All Glory To King Hot Dog!  Kneel before him in his hot dog kingdom!  Quake in fear at the sight of his vanquished foes!".  

30713870_1925907230752628_4717238361599770624_n.jpg

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:16 PM, bref said:

A friend pointed out an Alfa Romeo when we were riding around the other day.  I don't get the price tag.  It looked like a Pontiac.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, Snark Byte said:

Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I had to contribute this:

Why would somebody DO this to themselves??? How in the world is this better?

a216.jpg

Why is her smile so different?  Did they swap out her teeth or pull her lip down or something else?  Yes, she is scary, but Joan Van Ark would give you nightmares.

Joan.PNG

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:
On 5/11/2018 at 5:16 PM, bref said:

A friend pointed out an Alfa Romeo when we were riding around the other day.  I don't get the price tag.  It looked like a Pontiac.

Because Italian?

(Other than that, I got nothin'.)

• Love 2