Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I keep forgetting to post about this one.  "Come find me!"  Uh, pass.    

Haha!! Just look for her sitting in the exterior of the left engine on the airline jet who she doesn't teally work for and yes Courtney....you will never find a mate who can put up with your bad acting. Buh Bye Courtney.

• Love 7

Regarding Match.com Courtney, whenever she says "Come and find me!" I continue the sentence in my head so it goes "Come and find me! I've been kidnapped and am currently being held captive in a cave! They won't release me until they get $1700 in Best Buy gift cards!" Then I feel kind of sorry for her.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Regarding Match.com Courtney, whenever she says "Come and find me!" I continue the sentence in my head so it goes "Come and find me! I've been kidnapped and am currently being held captive in a cave! They won't release me until they get $1700 in Best Buy gift cards!" Then I feel kind of sorry for her.

I've bitched at the TV about Courtney saying that more then once when a friend has been here. Now when my friend sees that commercial she thinks of me. Oops. 

Part of my bitching has included the fact that in this day and age they have woman in a dating site commercial saying "Come and find me!" like that. It comes across as tone deaf and stupid.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I am also really hating a commercial I've been seeing for Plexaderm, a serum that allegedly makes under eye bags disappear as if by magic. The woman proclaiming the awesomeness of the product identifies herself only as Annette and says she's an actress. She also says that she applied the product to her father's under eye bags and it worked so well that those who witnessed the transformation were screaming. But what really bugs me is while she's telling that story about what the product did for her dear old dad, we see an old man's before and after photos with the disclaimer "Not Annette's father" on screen. This commercial sits on a throne of lies.

That ad is so annoying, and it runs all the freaking time during daytime

• Love 9

Perhaps this belongs in the confusing commercial thread, but I’m kinda baffled by the Farmers Only commercial where the country dude heads off for his date, only to have it cancelled by his livestock. I mean, the talking animals really push my annoyance button. Yet I’m more bothered by how Farmers Only thinks this scenario is going to sell their product. The guy doesn’t get a date, and his animals are total dicks. Sign up now!

• Love 9
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, MrSmith said:

Yeah, there are very, very few roles where I don't mind Danny DeVito. Mostly, I think he's an idiot who can't act very well.

I looked forward to seeing Danny in the coffee commercial (the name escapes me) only because the ad also featured George Clooney, but that was before George got married.  Then I read an article where Cindy Crawford said George and her husband used to get drunk a lot and sometimes George ended up in her bed by mistake, and she pushed him out of bed and back to his room, and all I can say is, Cindy is a whole lot stronger than I am.  (sigh)

• Love 7

Chevy ads revisited--this is from a website that's fairly influential in the auto industry:

"Over my career, I have never heard the kind of negativity associated with a particular automotive advertising campaign the likes of which I hear when a Chevrolet spot comes up in conversation, both with marketing pros and civilians alike. I would say “universally panned” would be an apt summary of the comments I hear, and that’s being charitable. People simply tune them out and turn them off. I would venture to guess that this advertising has done more to instill an air of mediocrity associated with the brand than any other campaign in Chevrolet marketing history, and this in spite of the fact that Chevrolet is actually offering some excellent products at the moment."

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

• Love 17
On 3/5/2018 at 5:29 PM, funky-rat said:

No - it is not sexy.  She just looks like a ridiculous maroon.

It's not really Audrey Roloff.  "Low Rent" or "Great Value" (insert name here) is a way to say that someone resembles someone famous, or is trying too hard to look like someone famous, but they are really a nobody.

ispot lists the actress as Ashlee Crusco, and the google image searches seem to confirm. Regardless, she's extremely annoying.  "Freeee shippingggggggg. aaaand moooooooooaaaaar".  

• Love 1
On 2/23/2018 at 3:06 PM, riley702 said:

She says "Wah-la" which is so wrong, I grit my teeth.

Wew, I hate that commercial so much.  The "wah-la" mom and child look like they smell like chicken noodle soup.  And the other idiot mom -- letting your kids run wild in a freaking auto repair shop??? I don't see how that could end poorly....

• Love 9
On 3/7/2018 at 2:45 PM, mmecorday said:

I am also really hating a commercial I've been seeing for Plexaderm, a serum that allegedly makes under eye bags disappear as if by magic. The woman proclaiming the awesomeness of the product identifies herself only as Annette and says she's an actress. She also says that she applied the product to her father's under eye bags and it worked so well that those who witnessed the transformation were screaming. But what really bugs me is while she's telling that story about what the product did for her dear old dad, we see an old man's before and after photos with the disclaimer "Not Annette's father" on screen. This commercial sits on a throne of lies.

I have no idea why, but this entire post--especially the screaming part!--has me cry-laughing!

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:
On 3/7/2018 at 2:45 PM, mmecorday said:

I have no idea why, but this entire post--especially the screaming part!--has me cry-laughing!

I just saw this commercial!  Hilarious!  Is Plexaderm a fancy name for Preparation H? (which can also be used to make under eye bags disappear)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DeaconBlues said:

Wew, I hate that commercial so much.  The "wah-la" mom and child look like they smell like chicken noodle soup.  And the other idiot mom -- letting your kids run wild in a freaking auto repair shop??? I don't see how that could end poorly....

This made me laugh out loud! What a description!

• Love 6
On 3/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, bad things are bad said:

Chevy ads revisited--this is from a website that's fairly influential in the auto industry:

"Over my career, I have never heard the kind of negativity associated with a particular automotive advertising campaign the likes of which I hear when a Chevrolet spot comes up in conversation, both with marketing pros and civilians alike. I would say “universally panned” would be an apt summary of the comments I hear, and that’s being charitable. People simply tune them out and turn them off. I would venture to guess that this advertising has done more to instill an air of mediocrity associated with the brand than any other campaign in Chevrolet marketing history, and this in spite of the fact that Chevrolet is actually offering some excellent products at the moment."

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Pete DeLorenzo speaks the Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth, and always has. I was in the retail side of the "car bidness" for more than 25 years and he knows what he's talking about.

Glad to see another Autoextremist fan here!

• Love 2
On 3/4/2018 at 6:55 PM, Ohwell said:

I'm sick of the Microsoft commercial with the rapper Common walking across the stage, telling us how great we can be or some shit.  They run it constantly.  

Am so sick of that one. There is no one in the auditorium either. 

On 3/5/2018 at 7:44 AM, Zevious Zoquis said:

The “yurt it up” Diet Coke ad is annoying.  The choice of pop isn’t really all that much of a life statement or anything y’know.  It’s just bubbly sugar water.  The hip/cool lingo (“you do you!”) is grating.  Also, there’s at least a couple versions of the ad - one with a girl and one with a guy - and in both of them there’s a moment where they turn and start walking with their “statement soda” and somebody walks past them and they give the passer by a little knowing nod, as though it’s someone they know or something.  I guess it’s supposed to be showing that these are a couple of hip young folk connected to their hood or something...it’s just a tiny little thing but it bugs me...

If you look closely, the guy passerby that the girl nods to is the guy in the guy version of the commercial and vice versa for the girl. I hope that makes sense. 

The commercial with the adult son in a high chair asking dad if the chicken is free range and then whines about the wireless being slow makes me insane. I have no idea what it's for. The father talks about getting a tee time at a golf course so maybe it's an app.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:06 AM, DeaconBlues said:

My DH had an auto repair business for thirty years. The first thing he would do was have little kids put their hands in their pockets while inside the work area, if they wanted to touch something they had to ask. If they tried running around he would ask the parents to take them out.

• Love 15

I knew a woman who told her young granddaughter to "hold your hands" in stores that had breakable stuff on low shelves -- the little girl grasped her hands behind her back & wandered around looking but not touching. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, fairffaxx said:

I knew a woman who told her young granddaughter to "hold your hands" in stores that had breakable stuff on low shelves -- the little girl grasped her hands behind her back & wandered around looking but not touching. 

Lol. I'm picturing a tiny professor walking around the store.

• Love 7
On 2/23/2018 at 1:47 PM, funky-rat said:

o

17 hours ago, fairffaxx said:

My mom would have me hold on to the side of the shopping cart while in the supermarket.    I still do it when I am shopping with someone who has control of the cart.  Just a hand on it.   yessh.  yeah. 

Saw a commercial this morning for a car/truck?   It was a long white haired blind man with a tapping stick.   A tapping stick.

Going on some kind of trip to nature with family?  Somehow he told them when to turn left or right.  Then had moments with nature.  Whales and an owl were involved. 

2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Anything with whales and an owl are right up my alley.  I think the Subaru ads are the best thing going right now.

Don't get me wrong.   Goodness, I have had the honor to see them.  Magical.  No other word to describe it.   

• Love 1

I know this site is about tv not radio but this afternoon I get into the car and some woman starts yelling about some kind of insurance, I think progressive. I mean screeching. I don't usually pay much attention to commercials but I couldn't the radio fast enough.  Someone needs a new ad agency. 

• Love 1
On 3/10/2018 at 8:56 AM, Hyacinth B said:

Pete DeLorenzo speaks the Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth, and always has. I was in the retail side of the "car bidness" for more than 25 years and he knows what he's talking about.

Glad to see another Autoextremist fan here!

Back atcha, Hyacinth B! 

On 3/9/2018 at 10:48 AM, Browncoat said:

I just saw this commercial!  Hilarious!  Is Plexaderm a fancy name for Preparation H? (which can also be used to make under eye bags disappear)

Prep H will not help with under eye bags.  Look it up.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:57 AM, DeaconBlues said:

ispot lists the actress as Ashlee Crusco, and the google image searches seem to confirm. Regardless, she's extremely annoying.  "Freeee shippingggggggg. aaaand moooooooooaaaaar".  

So annoying.  "Hey!  Psst!  Commere!  We doe needa hide annnnymore!".  Ugh.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:06 AM, DeaconBlues said:

I swear on the one where the kid parrots what she says, the kid says "Ba-La!".  Double ugh.

23 hours ago, Sweedish Fish said:

Saw a commercial this morning for a car/truck?   It was a long white haired blind man with a tapping stick.   A tapping stick.

Going on some kind of trip to nature with family?  Somehow he told them when to turn left or right.  Then had moments with nature.  Whales and an owl were involved. 

I'm fairly sure that's a Subaru commercial.  "If you listen, you can hear whales!".

• Love 1
On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, Sweedish Fish said:

It's a Subaru commercial.  Two millennial are in some rural shop asking about a map of the coast trail.  The blind man tells them there is no map but he'll take them.  That's why he's in the car telling them where to turn.

• Love 1
On 3/10/2018 at 7:26 PM, fairffaxx said:

I had to do that as well when I was younger. I am 58 years old and I STILL catch myself doing that now! LOL!

• Love 3

Looks like the cheap, digital antenna channels have a whole new spate of products they're going to advertise, one glimpse isn't enough for me to be too annoyed yet, not even sure what all the new products are yet, but the glimpses I did get are leaning heavily to the annoyed side of the scale. Only one I can remember was Sheeze (not entirely sure of spelling, pronounced like Sheets) new kind of extra special, softer, cooler, warmer, etc. than any regular sheet you'll ever buy anywhere. Don't know yet if they're in stores or if you have to buy them on tv, was leaving the room to bring the dog in the house.

37 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

Looks like the cheap, digital antenna channels have a whole new spate of products they're going to advertise, one glimpse isn't enough for me to be too annoyed yet, not even sure what all the new products are yet, but the glimpses I did get are leaning heavily to the annoyed side of the scale. Only one I can remember was Sheeze (not entirely sure of spelling, pronounced like Sheets) new kind of extra special, softer, cooler, warmer, etc. than any regular sheet you'll ever buy anywhere. Don't know yet if they're in stores or if you have to buy them on tv, was leaving the room to bring the dog in the house.

I think you're referring to "Sheex".

• Love 1
On 3/11/2018 at 1:17 PM, Sweedish Fish said:

It's a Subaru ad. A young couple stops at a store to ask directions to a scenic lookout and the blind guy volunteers. While riding in the car, he gives directions to the spot, then takes them into the forest at night, where he nimbly makes his way while the woman stumbles. Next, you see the Subaru speeding down the highway.

In my imagination, the window rolls down to reveal the blind man driving and laughing at the foolish city folk whose bodies he left to decompose in the woods.

• Love 19

Just saw a Kerasol commercial (foot fungus?) with people's hands replaced by feet -- eating, writing on a computer.  It is so weird and unappetizing. 

• Love 6

What *I* remember about Prep H is that it used to be the most shoplifted item in drug stores. Something about shrinking mucuous membranes swollen by overuse of cocaine. I dunno. Never used either. 

I'm increasingly annoyed at the Zaxby's ad - that has to be Patrick Warburton narrating the boneless wings "sauce delivery device." It's on ALL the time. "You do you, girl."  AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jjj said:

Just saw a Kerasol commercial (foot fungus?) with people's hands replaced by feet -- eating, writing on a computer.  It is so weird and unappetizing. 

That ad is an immediate avert eyes /change channel for me.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, xaxat said:

That ad is an immediate avert eyes /change channel for me.

You know what?  I saw the images, and had to look away, then looked back because I could not believe how disgusting it looked -- then had to look away again! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, jjj said:

SO happy this isn't being shown in my area.  EESH!

• Love 2