Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

Dear woman in the Walmart ad who orders new pacifiers and sippy cups everytime  her kid drops it and the dog picks it up or it falls in a puddle or whatever. Newsflash: you can boil them. Wash it in the sink, throw it in some boiling water for a few minutes, and then wash it again. Unless the dog has chewed it up, your kid will be fine. 

And while they aren't the most expensive things in the world, quality ones typically are six or seven dollars a pop.  Why is she smiling like a loony tune every time she places an order? 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, David Zak said:

I hate the Peloton ads.  The sweating models pumping away on their stationaries while the house and kids need attention.

I miss the days when I thought my exercise bike was all that because it had a speedometer/odometer(I put over 1300 miles on that thing and never moved an inch).

• Love 4

McDonald’s.  Tell me something.  Why is it that one piece of processed American cheese is going to drive every child in this country to morbid obesity, but Big Macs are what this world needs to make every adult happy?  Are you saying that if they don’t get the cheese when they are younger, they can have it when they are older?

Also, watching people chomp on Big Macs is gross.  Quit it.

Also also, if I’m walking into McDonald’s I already know I'm going to eat garbage.  Don’t tell me how to raise my kid.  And you want to promote healthy food?  Sell a hamburger for four dollars and a salad for a buck twenty nine.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 13
On 2/21/2018 at 5:58 PM, Browncoat said:

Ew.  That pan annoys me to no end -- give me the chewy middles!

Same here!! My husband loves the edges, so we get along. Lol 

2 hours ago, tanyak said:

Dear woman in the Walmart ad who orders new pacifiers and sippy cups everytime  her kid drops it and the dog picks it up or it falls in a puddle or whatever. Newsflash: you can boil them. Wash it in the sink, throw it in some boiling water for a few minutes, and then wash it again. Unless the dog has chewed it up, your kid will be fine. 

But but but... Ermegard.. The dogs mouth  has germs!!!!! There's no way her special snowflake child could possibly be subjected to possible germs!! No amount of cleaning or washing will do.  Same with people who think it's gross to have dogs lick plates. That's why there are dishwashers. Nice and sanitized. 

• Love 13

Lol. And look, I have my limits, too. A pacifier falling into a pile of poop. Goodbye. Or it falling on the floor in a scuzzy public restroom where you can't clean it right away? Goodbye. But the rain puddle from a recent rain? Fido carrying it in his mouth in your home for three seconds. Please. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, tanyak said:

Lol. And look, I have my limits, too. A pacifier falling into a pile of poop. Goodbye. Or it falling on the floor in a scuzzy public restroom where you can't clean it right away? Goodbye. But the rain puddle from a recent rain? Fido carrying it in his mouth in your home for three seconds. Please. 

Exactly. And with having twins, we would go broke buying new binkies every time one of them hit the floor. My doxie wants to chew them and destroy them. 

• Love 4

What does this woman who throws out the pacifier every time her dog gets a hold of it do when her dog licks her kid?  Good gods.  Wipe it dry on your pants and hand it back to the kid.  Or, you know, wash it.  But tossing it?  Ridiculous.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

My youngest stepdaughter - 1st baby, pacifier hits the floor replaced by a clean one while the dirty one gets cleaned. Second baby, pacifier falls on the floor, Mom pops it in her mouth and gives it back to baby.

I'm SO glad you said that!  I used to clean off my baby brother's binky by popping it in my mouth!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

What does this woman who throws out the pacifier every time her dog gets a hold of it do when her dog licks her kid?  

Probably wash the kid in antibacterial soap.  I'm surprised that bitch even has a dog, actually. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

My question is, why does the sippy cup and/or pacifier come in such a large box?

Based on some of the boxes I have received of similar small items, it is filled with those bubble pack things which take up a lot of space.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Sweedish Fish said:

Say "It's fine" one more time Eczema lady.   Say "It's fine" one more time.

She kicks off my passive-aggressive evil side so hard - oh gosh, your tone says you are trolling so hard for sympathy while pretending you're not, that I'm just going to pretend to take you at your word and believe that you're "fine".

• Love 3
8 hours ago, tanyak said:

And while they aren't the most expensive things in the world, quality ones typically are six or seven dollars a pop.  Why is she smiling like a loony tune every time she places an order? 

When I first saw the commercial I thought it was going to be one of those new mom first kid things freak out and get a new one. Next kid or a few months later showing her just wiping it off and giving it back to the baby having learned its really not a big deal. Nope keeps buying new ones. Its so stupid. She can wipe it off, rinse it off, if she has to throw it in the dishwasher.   

• Love 3

I like how the mask makes it into all the pictures.

That lady might need to be checked for something else besides her depression...

Edited by seasons
But depression is no joke.
  • Love 1

I have eczema, but I pretty much "grew out of it". I've developed a weird patch of it on my left calf. My knee and elbow ditches (inner knees and elbows) flare up in the summer/heat, and the backs of my hands flare in the winter/dry air.

My eczema was HORRIBLE when I was a kid. I had open sores on the back of my neck and I would scratch my elbow ditches until they bled because they itched so badly. I would take Benadryl back when it was prescription and use a prescription hydrocortisone cream, but nothing really provided relief.

There's a genetic component to eczema. My mother has it on her hands and uses a prescription lotion. There's also what's called the "allergic triad", which are eczema (atopic dermatitis), rhinitis ("hay fever"/"allergies") and asthma. Having one predisposes a person to have another. I have allergies, and have taken some form of allergy meds (Benadryl, RX nasal spray, RX and OTC allergy pills) since I was a kid.

And now I'm itching from writing about eczema.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I hate that commercial where the guy shows up for a date in a stretched out V-neck. Like, seriously, so badly stretched out that a car could drive through it. How did he not notice how bad it was when he put it on?

Maybe it's all he had that wasn't stained or smelly.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

I have eczema, but I pretty much "grew out of it". I've developed a weird patch of it on my left calf. My knee and elbow ditches (inner knees and elbows) flare up in the summer/heat, and the backs of my hands flare in the winter/dry air.

My eczema was HORRIBLE when I was a kid. I had open sores on the back of my neck and I would scratch my elbow ditches until they bled because they itched so badly. I would take Benadryl back when it was prescription and use a prescription hydrocortisone cream, but nothing really provided relief.

There's a genetic component to eczema. My mother has it on her hands and uses a prescription lotion. There's also what's called the "allergic triad", which are eczema (atopic dermatitis), rhinitis ("hay fever"/"allergies") and asthma. Having one predisposes a person to have another. I have allergies, and have taken some form of allergy meds (Benadryl, RX nasal spray, RX and OTC allergy pills) since I was a kid.

And now I'm itching from writing about eczema.

I would get it on my scalp, and I'd brush my hair and come out with blood on the brush.  That eased off quite a bit as I got older.  But I get it really badly on my face and arms at times.  Sometimes on my feet.  I also have allergy issues, but no asthma.  I used to have this thing (can't remember what it was called) when I was younger that I grew out of that might be related.  My mom called it the creeping crud.  She would yell at me for not cleaning myself in the shower - I'd have dark patches, mostly on my lower forearms.  But I would wash - they just didn't come off.  So she finally took me to the doctor.  It's something where the dead skin cells don't slough off, and they turn color.  For years I had to use a compound on them that had grit in it that the doctor prescribed, and scrub it in to the skin.  That would cause the dead skin to come off, but often left my arms red and sore for a few days.  My mom finally figured out that microwaving a washcloth and letting it sit on my arms did the same thing, and wouldn't make the skin so red and raw, and didn't have to scrub so hard.  It still pops up occasionally, but mostly on my feet.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, chessiegal said:

My youngest stepdaughter - 1st baby, pacifier hits the floor replaced by a clean one while the dirty one gets cleaned. Second baby, pacifier falls on the floor, Mom pops it in her mouth and gives it back to baby.

I'm the fourth child.  I'm sure Mom was too tired to notice if/when I dropped my pacifier.

• Love 6

Another thing about the pacifier/sippy cup commercial:  Assuming mom is stay at home, how hard is it to call the husband and ask him to pick up new ones on the way home instead of waiting for delivery from Walmart?  Or, just stop by Walmart or anyplace else and buy several of them at one time.  They don't cost that much.  The commercial just makes no sense.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:

I notice on those exercise bike commercials, the users always have amazing homes with ceiling to floor windows that overlook 50 acres of pristine woodland.  The woman who gets off the bike looks so very slim and trim and sits down to a breakfast of Special K and orange juice prepared by the housekeeper, Hannah Gruen.  She leisurely looks over 5 national newspapers while eating her cereal and then smiles at the nanny who is taking her beautiful children to the private school and heads upstairs to shower in her Kohler fantasy bathroom with 10 showerheads.  Shortly after, the helicopter arrives to take her to her book editor job in the city.  Me?  I schlepp downstairs to ride my bike occasionally brushing aside random cobwebs.  The bike squeaks loudly and overlooks the bottom of our deck.  As I've aged, I've noticed my hair is thinning but my middle is thickening.  Why does it have to be that way?  I lumber off the bicycle smelling of arthritis creams and sweat and take a shower in our old fashioned one showerhead shower that has rogue sprays designed to hit me in the eye with cold water when I get into the tub. 

Most exercise equipment is for people already in shape, or who only have 10 pounds to lose (at least that's the way the commercial makes it look, and let's face it, very out of shape or heavy people - I'm heavy, no judgement - aren't going to be able to sustain that kind of workout).  And no matter how they look, their children are exceptionally cute (on the one Peloton commercial with the little girl flailing her legs on her trike, if the woman smiling at her is her mother, she gets her looks from her father, or is adopted).

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:

I'm going to have to look on YouTube for that commercial.  Until then, my husband and I will continue to reply to each other in quotes from The Shawshank Redemption.

I notice on those exercise bike commercials, the users always have amazing homes with ceiling to floor windows that overlook 50 acres of pristine woodland.  The woman who gets off the bike looks so very slim and trim and sits down to a breakfast of Special K and orange juice prepared by the housekeeper, Hannah Gruen.  She leisurely looks over 5 national newspapers while eating her cereal and then smiles at the nanny who is taking her beautiful children to the private school and heads upstairs to shower in her Kohler fantasy bathroom with 10 showerheads.  Shortly after, the helicopter arrives to take her to her book editor job in the city.  Me?  I schlepp downstairs to ride my bike occasionally brushing aside random cobwebs.  The bike squeaks loudly and overlooks the bottom of our deck.  As I've aged, I've noticed my hair is thinning but my middle is thickening.  Why does it have to be that way?  I lumber off the bicycle smelling of arthritis creams and sweat and take a shower in our old fashioned one showerhead shower that has rogue sprays designed to hit me in the eye with cold water when I get into the tub. 

The commercials you refer to really get my goat.  I have tried searching the internet for that splendiferous house with the ceiling to floor windows.  It must be a museum or something.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ilovecomputers said:

I'm going to have to look on YouTube for that commercial.  Until then, my husband and I will continue to reply to each other in quotes from The Shawshank Redemption.

brilliant.png

• Love 8
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Most exercise equipment is for people already in shape, or who only have 10 pounds to lose (at least that's the way the commercial makes it look, and let's face it, very out of shape or heavy people - I'm heavy, no judgement - aren't going to be able to sustain that kind of workout).

Most exercise equipment is made for people who aren't going to use it much, either because they're already in shape, or because they'll give up. Not being in either category, I've worn out two exercise bikes, each within a couple of years. With the kind of workout in the ad, I don't see the product surviving long.

• Love 3

Jeep has some pretty annoying ads.  The "recalculating" ones where a GPS voice gives strange life advice.  Ugh...it's an ad for a frikkin car!  "This is just one way our amazing car will change your life - the GPS will allow you to make better life decisions!" brother! :rolleyes

And there's a short one running now that has a few weather people giving updates during a "snow storm" and getting "jeep bombed" by people in the background.  First, I live in Winnipeg and that ain't no snow storm.  Second, the female weather person is really annoying.  She does this weird little series of hand gestures while she talks that don't relate in any way to what she's saying.  Bugs me.  lol...the one that says "seriously?" is annoying too! 

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Love 2

The Tide commercial where 2 women finish running a marathon and the first grabs the sleeve of her shirt, turns her face to her smelly pit and takes a big whiff, makes a stinky face and then turns to her friend and lets out a big laugh!  LOL...who does that??  "ah-ha-ha-ha get a load of me!  Holy shit do I stink!"

• Love 3

Senior Life - if you don't die, we give you back 100% of your premiums.  WTH?  I don't understand the concept of getting life insurance for only a certain amount of time, unless you're buying a house or sending kids to college. In either case, you'd be too young to buy into "SENIOR" life.  What Senior is buying term insurance?  And how the hell do those people make any money, if they're refunding the premiums of immortals? Can someone enlighten me, please?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I know someone who got a Peloton for Christmas.  In case anyone is curious, it's $2k and the online classes are $40/mo.  Me?  I'd rather jog around my neighborhood for free.

$40 a month? I could join a gym for that! Which is pretty much my best option because, while I can jog around the neighborhood for free, I can’t get heat stroke for free (it’s really really hot here).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

$40 a month? I could join a gym for that! Which is pretty much my best option because, while I can jog around the neighborhood for free, I can’t get heat stroke for free (it’s really really hot here).

My gym is $10/month and is great. If I really wanted to save money, I could join one of our city recreation centers for $25/YEAR but they have a smaller selection of machines. But it's very nice for someone really on a budget.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, janie jones said:
On 2/23/2018 at 1:04 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

Maybe it's all he had that wasn't stained or smelly.

Even still, the guy acts like he didn't notice how stretched out the collar was.  Did someone dress him while he was unconscious?

And surely he had ten minutes between the time he asked her out until he got to the restaurant to go buy a shirt if all his nicer clothes were dirty.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Ok, so I don't watch Stranger Things and just found out that this kid is one of the stars of the show, and also does several commercials for Fios.  I don't know if he's got a mouth full of braces or what, but he just annoys the hell out of me the way he talks and stuffs his face with cereal. 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wXgc/fios-by-verizon-binge-weekend-featuring-gaten-matarazzo

Gaten Matarazzo has a disease called Cleidocranial dysostosis, which affects the bones and the teeth.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Gaten Matarazzo has a disease called Cleidocranial dysostosis, which affects the bones and the teeth.

That's unfortunate.  It's still hard to listen to him though.

On 2/23/2018 at 11:59 AM, Brattinella said:

The commercials you refer to really get my goat.  I have tried searching the internet for that splendiferous house with the ceiling to floor windows.  It must be a museum or something.

Try Seattle, there are a lot of places like that around here.

the housekeeper, Hannah Gruen.

Who is like a mother to her ever since her mother died. Then she goes off with her chums Bess and George to have mysterious adventures in her new coupe, a birthday present from her father, the illustrious attorney Carsen Drew.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 7