Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

I loathe the xfinity hide and seek commercial where the Dad is carrying around his tablet so he can watch his saved shows instead of actually interacting with his child.  And in the end, the kid is pretending to search for Dad while he is actually watching tv.

Hate.

• Love 7

I loathe the xfinity hide and seek commercial where the Dad is carrying around his tablet so he can watch his saved shows instead of actually interacting with his child.  And in the end, the kid is pretending to search for Dad while he is actually watching tv.

Hate.

Cue "Cat's in the Cradle."

• Love 5

Welp, I found most of the SuperBowl ads to be disappointing this year.  But this commercial for Mtn Dew Kickstart just took the cake.  I don't know what they were on with this mess.  The hybrid is like something out of The Fly.

• Love 2

Finally found that obnoxious Bud Light Ad.  I was willing to let it go, but apparently they are super proud of this piece of shit commercial which is why they keep putting it everywhere.  

I hate every....single....thing....about this commercial.  From the very first "quiet everyone, Seth and Amy are talking about America"  who the fuck are Seth and Amy that anyone should give two shits what they say or don't say about America?  I've never known a commercial to be condescending, patronizing and yet so full of douchebaggery at the same time.  Its like a trifecta of assholiness (yes, I know I just made that word up, but whatever)

• Love 12

I have not yet figured out why, but the ads for Olay Regenerist, with the woman in the concert tee, bug me.

Is it the annoying song? The woman's "coy" looks, which I guess are supposed to say "LOOK HOW CUTE I AM EVEN THOUGH I AM OLD ENOUGH TO NEED OLAY!"? The ironed concert tee that fits perfectly... Despite the fact that NO rock concert tees from the early 90's would have been that small (unless washed many many times... In which case it'd be much more worn looking)? The fact that it shows a million times during 90210 reruns on Pop?

It's no YOU! NEED! RELACORE! But man...

• Love 1
QuoteThumbs up for the goofy songs of Roger Miller.  A friend's dad looks so much like him we call him Roger Miller.

QuoteIt may be a nod to Roger Miller's "Dang Me" where he sings, "Roses are red, violets are purple. Sugar is sweet and so's maple surple."

QuoteTHAT'S IT!  My parents were huge Roger Miller fans! 

To paraphrase my beloved Ann Perkins from Parks and Recreation: Am I the only <bleep>ing person here who doesn't know Roger Miller? 

And it's pronounced sir-rup in every part of Pennsylvania I've lived in.  Virginia, too.

Flnurse, on 07 Feb 2016 - 4:48 PM, said:Flnurse, on 07 Feb 2016 - 4:48 PM, said:

Match.com guy needs to GO AWAY. So condescending or something...cant put my finger on it but so obnoxious!!! Looking away from the "live on the streets" interviews.

For reals.  I reallllly want one of his "interview-ees" to turn it around on him and be like, so how is YOUR love life, asshat? 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 4
Brattinella, on 08 Feb 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

This actually should be in the Favorite Commercials Forum, but I just had to show you what you were missing!

Thank you!!  I needed that - especially on a Monday!

And OH ok yes I sure know that song --- annnnd I googled him and saw that he sang "King of the Road"---I know for sure my parents had that song on a tape or LP ... or 8 track! LOL   I just didn't know him by name for some reason.  

• Love 2

Welp, I found most of the SuperBowl ads to be disappointing this year.  But this commercial for Mtn Dew Kickstart just took the cake.  I don't know what they were on with this mess.  The hybrid is like something out of The Fly.

That puppy/monkey/baby was horrible freaky. Everyone watching the game with me was saying "WTF?", and not in a good way. I hope I never have to see that again.

• Love 8

Welp, I found most of the SuperBowl ads to be disappointing this year.  But this commercial for Mtn Dew Kickstart just took the cake.  I don't know what they were on with this mess.  The hybrid is like something out of The Fly.

I really thought I was having a waking nightmare when I saw that. Who in their right mind thought that a mutation from The Island of Dr. Moreau would sell soda? The claymation intestines representation for Xifaxan is equally horrifying. Stop trying to make IBS cute! It's not working!

• Love 8

I really thought I was having a waking nightmare when I saw that. Who in their right mind thought that a mutation from The Island of Dr. Moreau would sell soda? The claymation intestines representation for Xifaxan is equally horrifying. Stop trying to make IBS cute! It's not working!

How about the one for opioid-induced constipation? Really don't think being on opioids or the side-effects of them are any laughing matter.These ad guys need to realize that not everything is just jokes and giggles.

• Love 5

My 2 cents on the SB commercials

For one thing I still got a special effects hangover ; my team wasn't in it so that's the only hangover ; But the fire and the cars flipping explosions and assorted other animations (since when was there a battle tween superman and capt America?!?) KEE RIST!!.  Are we from now on going to only see car and doggie  for snack food Ads?!

and these ad "execs" get paid for this intestinal refuse? I guess you have a organ in your body its got to be pink and dragging you around like some snot nosed 3 yr old

And then 5 mil for each ad?  The cost for each minus the firecrackers would add up to 5K

Edited by brickthru the tv
  • Love 2

game and commercials were uninspiring. 

The Prius ad: hey, drive a Prius and be cool like these felons! Let's Go Places...like the BIG HOUSE

Puppybabymonkey...so very very horrible

Jeff Goldblum apartments.com was lame except I did chuckle at George and Weezy

Opiod induced constipation? No, just no. Why are we the only country that allows pharmaceutical advertising? THis should make the case for a ban. 

• Love 4

I think the real solution to ending Opiod-induced constipation is...wait for it...getting OFF opiods!

Some people have chronic pain conditions for which long-term use of opiods is legitimate, not to mention necessary if they want to not be in pain once in a while.

That said, is there some new ad about it?  'Cause the ones I've seen with the people drawing snails or piles of bricks or what have you in blue paint are not particularly worthy of mention.  Dull, yes, but not really awful or anything.

• Love 7

I have RA so I understand chronic pain, I still think a nation on opioids is a dangerous thing. I'm lucky I have a rheumatologist who prescribes medication to treat the source of my pain and not just hand out painkillers.

Edited by cpcathy
  • Love 1

I find the commercial for indeed.com (for job searches?) a little annoying, because the part with the cat riding a Roomba while shooting laser beams from its eyes and meowing is cute when I'm the room to see it, when I'm not in the room and hear that 'meow', I always think it's one of my cats and go looking to make sure they're both okay.

• Love 3

I find the commercial for indeed.com (for job searches?) a little annoying, because the part with the cat riding a Roomba while shooting laser beams from its eyes and meowing is cute when I'm the room to see it, when I'm not in the room and hear that 'meow', I always think it's one of my cats and go looking to make sure they're both okay.

I do the same thing!  It is a very life-like meow, and it sounds really close.

• Love 1

I thought Mountain Dew was maybe advertising a new energy drink called Nightmare Fuel with their puppymonkeybaby commercial. To think that I work hard every day without traumatizing the public, and the douche collective who produced this ad probably cashed a check for more than I'll ever make in a lifetime.

Colgate, my smile does not need a BFF. My smile is not a separate entity. I just cringe when advertisers attempt to use internet speak in a cutesy way.

• Love 3

I finally saw the abomination that is PuppyBabyMonkey.  That was clearly the most disturbing ad I have ever seen.  I don't even know what it is for, but whatever it is, I ain't buying any.

Sorry, NinjaPenguins, I missed where you said what the product is, thanks!

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 3

How about the one for opioid-induced constipation? Really don't think being on opioids or the side-effects of them are any laughing matter.These ad guys need to realize that not everything is just jokes and giggles.

I never realized that's shat happened to me when I was taking pain killers for a ruptured disk in the 1990's. Until now, I thought it was not eating well.
  • Love 3

Ubiquitous, in my experience, it didn't used to be common for doctors & pharmacists to point out the constipation side effect of pain killers.  However, doctors at my HMO now routinely prescribe stool softeners along with pain killers & patients are required to meet with a pharmacist to be warned about that particular side effect.

It's good that people are being informed by their medical advisers.  But I agree with Brattinella that prunes work too (as does apple juice for some), which seems healthier than taking yet another pill & doesn't require obnoxious commercials. 

• Love 5

Finally found that obnoxious Bud Light Ad.  I was willing to let it go, but apparently they are super proud of this piece of shit commercial which is why they keep putting it everywhere.

Whenever I see this ad - or any ad that has a big "name" in it like Seth Rogan or Paul Rudd, my immediate reaction is to wonder how much they got paid for the commercial. And how much freaking money do they even need anyway? Rogan and Rudd have made millions already with their movies, do they really need that extra million for a TV commercial for Bud Light? Amy Schumer isn't quite as big a star yet so maybe she can use the cash, but Seth Rogan? 

• Love 5

I haven't read back too far so I'm sure this is redundant, apologies.

The latest Liberty Mutual commercial with the AA couple with the "perfect" (well not so much anymore) driving record makes me want to throw something at the TV. Of course I hate ALL the LM ads but every time a new one comes out I mentally scream MAKE IT STOP!!!! 

• Love 5
The latest Liberty Mutual commercial with the AA couple with the "perfect" (well not so much anymore) driving record makes me want to throw something at the TV. Of course I hate ALL the LM ads but every time a new one comes out I mentally scream MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Yeah, the Liberty Mutual ads are all annoying for their cavalcade of cretins who don't understand how insurance works, but that one is particularly bothering me lately.  "Your perfect driving record didn't get you anything."  Yes, it did, nimrods!  It got you your initial rate.  Now you ran into a tree, or tapped a bumper, or tore one off parallel parking, or whichever incident is yours (none of the above, but I can't remember what they did - he ran into the garage or something?), and no longer have a perfect driving record.  So you have a new rate.  This is not difficult.  If you want to pay a higher premium in order to have a "your first accident is free" card, go ahead. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 10

I haven't read back too far so I'm sure this is redundant, apologies.

LM ads should be used as instruments of torture since it works so well in our living rooms.

• Love 7

Dear Subway. Even though I do enjoy a sandwich from you occasionally, your "Sub-mageddon" ads with the screeching "newscaster" need to go away. Like yesterday.

Maybe they are hoping that having something new to be annoyed by, the public will forget about Jared.

• Love 6

Dear Subway. Even though I do enjoy a sandwich from you occasionally, your "Sub-mageddon" ads with the screeching "newscaster" need to go away. Like yesterday.

I can't even with that commercial.  Why is she wearing a snow suit for Sub-mageddon?  Wouldn't it just mean that there is a lot of sub sandwiches, not a lot of snow....shouldn't she be wearing maybe a poncho or something to keep from getting hit with sub sandwiches?  I don't demand commercials make perfect, logical sense, but come on now.....the entire joke of the commercial was lame.  It's like some dude in the ad department was like "oh, snow has an s and so does sub!  we should do something with that!"

• Love 3

How did they maintain their driving record if they're drunkards?

Speaking of which, I hate that beer party campaign with Seth Grogan and Amy Piehler. That brand is swill!

• Love 8

Finally found that obnoxious Bud Light Ad.  I was willing to let it go, but apparently they are super proud of this piece of shit commercial which is why they keep putting it everywhere.  

I hate every....single....thing....about this commercial.  From the very first "quiet everyone, Seth and Amy are talking about America"  who the fuck are Seth and Amy that anyone should give two shits what they say or don't say about America?  I've never known a commercial to be condescending, patronizing and yet so full of douchebaggery at the same time.  Its like a trifecta of assholiness (yes, I know I just made that word up, but whatever)

I kept saying to myself, "What if you don't drink beer?"

• Love 4

I still think a nation on opioids is a dangerous thing.

I don't disagree with that, but there are some conditions where opioid painkillers are necessary on a long-term basis, and those who have them might be interested in the OIC commercials.  And yeah, prunes are better than using other meds, but they don't necessarily work for everyone - a friend of mine swears that prunes not only don't help with (non-opioid related) intestinal issues for her, they actually add to the problem.  Which is tmi, for me and for all of you.

Personally I'd rather watch the OIC commercials than the IBS ones, you know, if I had to chose between bowel movement related ads.  And don't get me started on the creepy Puppybabymonkey thing.

opioid

The best thing about OIC is that I don't have it!

Boy, that is one weirdly spelled word.  Can we throw a few more vowels in there? lol

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 5

Yeah, the Liberty Mutual ads are all annoying for their cavalcade of cretins who don't understand how insurance works, but that one is particularly bothering me lately.  "Your perfect driving record didn't get you anything."  Yes, it did, nimrods!  It got you your initial rate.  Now you ran into a tree, or tapped a bumper, or tore one off parallel parking, or whichever incident is yours (none of the above, but I can't remember what they did - he ran into the garage or something?), and no longer have a perfect driving record.  So you have a new rate.  This is not difficult.  If you want to pay a higher premium in order to have a "your first accident is free" card, go ahead.

I thought this was the boob who hit a food truck.

I kept saying to myself, "What if you don't drink beer?"

If you do, it's not likely that you're drinking Bud Light anyway, so the premise is still sound.

Edited by Aquarius
  • Love 6
Despite the fact that NO rock concert tees from the early 90's would have been that small (unless washed many many times... In which case it'd be much more worn looking)?

Oh, I knooooooowwwwww! The bane of my early-'90s college existence--and even now, as I kept all my shirts for sentimental reasons. So, to this day, I have awesome legit (i.e., not repro) concert Ts (Beck! Soundgarden! Nirvana! Beastie Boys! White Zombie!) that I still don't like to wear because I look like a little kid in my dad's shirt (even though I am old enough for Olay, I'm still a jeans-&-T-shirt kind of gal). And then? And then? I end up buying the slimmer and softer repro versions anyway, damn it!

• Love 6

Oh, I knooooooowwwwww! The bane of my early-'90s college existence--and even now, as I kept all my shirts for sentimental reasons. So, to this day, I have awesome legit (i.e., not repro) concert Ts (Beck! Soundgarden! Nirvana! Beastie Boys! White Zombie!) that I still don't like to wear because I look like a little kid in my dad's shirt (even though I am old enough for Olay, I'm still a jeans-&-T-shirt kind of gal). And then? And then? I end up buying the slimmer and softer repro versions anyway, damn it!

I was just at a completely sold out Ricky Martin concert and could not believe the shapeless shirts they were trying to sell for $45.  Umm, no, if I'm buying a concert tee shirt for $45 it had better accentuate the positives!  Thankfully sports teams have figured it out.

• Love 3

Are former sports stars so hard up for cash that they're willing to appear in toenail fungus commercials or are they so egocentric that they think they're doing their fans a favor by showing off their feet? I guess we should be grateful the ads aren't for other parts of the anatomy seen less in public.

• Love 5

That puppy/monkey/baby was horrible freaky. Everyone watching the game with me was saying "WTF?", and not in a good way. I hope I never have to see that again.

I hate that thing too! just gruesome.

• Love 4