Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm.Β 

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jeremy could also use a phrase one of my ex-coworkers came up with:

Fuck the fucking fuckers!  😜  Oh, that's right.  Christians don't swear.  

Unlike righteous, fuck actually is both a noun and a verb. It's the most versatile word in the English language (with shit being a close second) that can also be used as an interjection as well as easily becoming an adjective and adverb.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I watched it. I think she did well!

I agree, she's not polished but it's obvious that she rehearsed before filming and knew what she wanted to say and do. She had a cute antecdote about flying to Mexico with John and her finished plate looked appealing.Β 

It's going to tickle me to no end if these turn out to be her most popular videos and Jeremy has to live with the knowledge that nobody really wants to see or hear him on social media.

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I watched some of it. She did a "commercial" for the coffee she's been pushing hard recently. She noted that they were Christian owned. So, the haters can't take that sponsorship away.Β 

Darn it. I tried!

• LOL 9
28 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Interesting. The only seasoning she used was steak salt and she said you could use just plain salt and it would still taste great. Sigh.

I don't consider myself a gourmet cook at all, but I'd like to think I'm a pretty good cook. And Jinger's bland cooking deeply offends my palate on a personal level. I still think about her "spaghetti" every time I make my own. All of that's to say, I couldn't handle watching another one of her cooking videos, but I was hoping someone would chime in with a summary. Thank you!Β 

• Like 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jeremy could also use a phrase one of my ex-coworkers came up with:

Fuck the fucking fuckers!  😜  Oh, that's right.  Christians don't swear.  

At the end of the video where they were packing up to move Jeremy and Jinger were sitting there talking about how exhausted they were and Jinger said "My feet hurt like (it sounded like) h___." I think she was about to say hell but stopped herself.

• LOL 5

In their moving video, they removed a piece of tape that showed where a piece of furniture was to remain during filming. I guess the breakout, beloved stars, held out hope. Perhaps that’s where The Hope We Hold Β came from. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, lascuba said:

How would you rater her tacos on a scale from "Great British Bake Off's Mexican week" to "Chipotle?" (I opted to go with Chipotle instead of anything authentic because who are we kidding?)Β 

I've never eaten at Chipotle but she definitely needed more seasoning besides fresh jalepenos and sauted onions and peppers.Β 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, lascuba said:

How would you rater her tacos on a scale from "Great British Bake Off's Mexican week" to "Chipotle?" (I opted to go with Chipotle instead of anything authentic because who are we kidding?)Β 

Authentic or not, Chipotle is delicious. She had the components but neglected seasonings as though it's an option. Her knife skills scared the hell out of me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Did she even season the peppers?Β 

I didn't watch to the end, so I didn't realize she at least added jalapeΓ±os. That's... something?

The jalapenos were in the salsa. She also covered the peppers and onions for most of the cooking time, so they were more steamed. Not always a problem, but don't know if that was the best for this dish. I also noted that early in the cooking process, before she even covered it, the pan with the veggies had excessive black char.Β 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

Authentic or not, Chipotle is delicious. She had the components but neglected seasonings as though it's an option. Her knife skills scared the hell out of me.

I found her tomato chopping confusing. Β She sliced it, placed the slices in a small bowl, then randomly took slices out to cut - even doing some of the cutting in the little bowl.Β 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I watched some of it. She did a "commercial" for the coffee she's been pushing hard recently. She noted that they were Christian owned. So, the haters can't take that sponsorship away.Β 

Well, at least that means this company is a much more sensible choice for them than a lot of the companies they've hooked up with.....AND the Christian connection is a feature that oughta sell well to most of her non-snarking followers. So....actually -- decent business move for a change. And now that they have an actual mortgage, they need those more than ever, I'd think.Β 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I found her tomato chopping confusing. Β She sliced it, placed the slices in a small bowl, then randomly took slices out to cut - even doing some of the cutting in the little bowl.Β 

She would really benefit from watching some cooking shows.Β 

• Like 6
  • Love 9

I'm surprised it's taken them this long to really start using Christian businesses for their bids at influencing. I think people with better business sense would have figured that out pretty quickly after losing so many deals, but maybe they're capable of learning after all. That or they either got a better team to manage this for them or actually started listening to said team's advice.Β 

Julia Child triggering? πŸ˜‚

At least she will show you how to properly hold a knife and chop veg.Β 

If she were actually interested in learning and not just posing, I'd suggest she watch some Jacques Pepin. He's great on technique and he has a really warm, encouraging demeanor. And she'd end up with some French stuff she could cook, which I'm sure Jeremy would like since it could impress his rad homies.Β 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

And if she wants authentic Mexican, Rock Bayless or Patio Jinich are my go-tos.Β 

Bayless is really good and I have some of his cookbooks, but I've never recovered from realizing he looks like Ben Seewald! LOLOLΒ 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She has a ponytail or topknot crease in her hair. πŸ˜„

Her hair in this video rivals her messy, half undone hair in that clip they posted the morning after the first night of their honeymoon. But hey, at least her makeup's on point, what with her skin's soft, dewy glow and a lip color to match. Isn't this how we all look when we're in the kitchen cooking a meal? She's totally giving me home-cook vibes here.Β 

• LOL 12

I didn't watch the video, but unless she really sucks I'm not sure Jing should hone her cooking skills. She's already gone a little too bougie with clothes and location so she's gotta stay a little bit 'down home'.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't watch the video, but unless she really sucks I'm not sure Jing should hone her cooking skills. She's already gone a little too bougie with clothes and location so she's gotta stay a little bit 'down home'.

True. But I feel like you can be down home and still actually know how to cook.Β 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Zella said:

Bayless is really good and I have some of his cookbooks, but I've never recovered from realizing he looks like Ben Seewald! LOLOL

I love Rick Bayless. I met him once and he was very nice. I always thought he looked like Ned Flanders.

• LOL 6
33 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jinger and Jeremy are shilling that share cost Christian medical insurance. I find it hard to believe that they covered both births plus preventive care 100%.

I don't.Β  I've made a comment on one of the threads here previously about this.Β  This specific type of grift can only work long-term if some bills do actually get paid.Β  If they denied everyone's claims, then everyone would cancel and the company would fold.Β  So, CHM decides who's worthy of getting their bills paid each quarter, and by worthy I mean who will benefit CHM the most.Β  All of the Duggar progeny who shill for them or its competitors get their bills paid in exchange for posts like this.Β Β 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 11
  • Love 2

This may be what a friend has.Β  She lost her insurance from work when she moved, and cannot start MediCare until next year, so she is using as a "fill-in".Β  They do seem to pay medical bills, but have some very stringent requirements.Β  She is charged more because her blood pressure is slightly higher than they want--maybe the high end of the normal range.Β  I know they ask if you are a smoker, but I'm not sure if that totally disqualifies you, or you are just charged a higher rate.Β  Routine medical bills do get paid, but she has never had anything serious.Β  I agree with @Ohiopirate02, if the company did not pay bills, no one would sign up.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

They'd never take my husband or me. We both have mental health care issues. They believe you can pray that stuff away, so no coverage for us! I'll stick with the excellent (and cheap!) coverage we get through my husband's employer (a large local hospital network).Β 

eta They're getting roasted in the comments. I've only seen one supportive response.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 9
  • Love 5