Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I think I'm leaning towards that whole episode being almost entirely scripted. The pawn shop was obviously planned, for one thing. And JB is an obnoxious blowhard, but the way he kept repeating himself about Jinger and Jeremy moving too fast...eh, I don't buy it. Jinger was so ridiculous that I don't believe she was being genuine, which makes me think that Jeremy, as much as I still distrust him, was also faking the enthusiasm with the Duggars fully aware of it. I think the relationship is real, but they've decided to present a particular narrative of it to the audience. That's why Jeremy's parents were so uncomfortable...they're not used to scripted conversations that are supposed to be real, and the disconnect between how everyone acts when the cameras aren't around and when they're on is jarring to them. Jeremy isn't used to it either, but he wants in on the Duggar universe (those two will move to Arkansas within a year of the wedding), so he's happily pretending. I just wish him and the Duggars would take an improv class so we could pretend that there's anything real about this reality. 

• Love 10

Lascuba, great points and it makes me question why the Duggars are lying about the timeline? What's the harm in saying that Babe and Cringe have been courting for a year, but wanted to wait until they were sure about the relationship before going public? That's a completely sane and logical approach. Selling the story as the two of them getting engaged after dating a month only makes the whole thing even more disingenuous and creepy. Most 30 year-old men don't take that approach to finding a wife, so it doesn't exactly cast Jeremy in a good light.

I know the Duggars defy rational thought, but this is really bizarre, even for them.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lascuba, great points and it makes me question why the Duggars are lying about the timeline? What's the harm in saying that Babe and Cringe have been courting for a year, but wanted to wait until they were sure about the relationship before going public? That's a completely sane and logical approach. Selling the story as the two of them getting engaged after dating a month only makes the whole thing even more disingenuous and creepy. Most 30 year-old men don't take that approach to finding a wife, so it doesn't exactly cast Jeremy in a good light.

I know the Duggars defy rational thought, but this is really bizarre, even for them.

I think for the same reason they lied about the timelines for Jessa and Jill's courtships...they're stupid and think their audience won't understand the truth so they make shit up that makes no sense. There's zero harm in telling the truth. It's weird. Maybe they just don't want to admit that the actual courtships happen off camera? Or maybe it's TLC that insists on pretending they record everything from the beginning as it happens. They want a storyline of falling in love on camera, but the Duggars have some sense of discretion and privacy, and the only way to reconcile both is to fudge the timeline. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Maybe the point isn't so much to cast them in any particular sort of light as some sort of testament to God's ways and plans. The longer they pretend that there was virtually no contact until...ta-daaaa!!!...it was suddenly meant to be, the more they can credit the whole thing to some divine answer to prayer.

• Love 4

Does anyone know of a 23 year old woman, with a real life and real career, that rolls her eyes and makes faces like Jinger???  I've never seen anything like it outside of pre-k.  

And I hate to defend Jim Bob but I think he dislikes the Holy Goalie for good reason.  I actually enjoy Jim Bob annoying Jeremy. I mean, I hate them both but this time, I like Jim Bob being a dick to jeremy.  

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Does anyone know of a 23 year old woman, with a real life and real career, that rolls her eyes and makes faces like Jinger???  I've never seen anything like it outside of pre-k.  

And I hate to defend Jim Bob but I think he dislikes the Holy Goalie for good reason.  I actually enjoy Jim Bob annoying Jeremy. I mean, I hate them both but this time, I like Jim Bob being a dick to jeremy.  

Which is another reason that whole episode seemed fake to me. Jinger was praised by all the internet for her eye-rolling when she was 14 but she became a quiet mouse in recent years. The Duggars and TLC, being the dumbasses they are, maybe think bringing back the eye-rolling/sign of rebellion towards the universally hated Jim Bob would endear her and Jeremy to the audience. Or maybe I'm giving them way to much credit by thinking they have the brains to strategize that way. 

• Love 3

Could be...the kidults are now attending the production meetings and strategy meetings.  They might be a bit more receptive to some "suggestions" whereas Jim Bob was a total control freak. 

Maybe the producers are egging her on to get a little action going.  Jinger can't do a damn thing other than eye roll so i guess they are working with what they have. Kinda sad.  At 23, all ya got is an eye roll and string art?  Jinger is a real catch! 

Jim Bob seems to really hate Jeremy, however, jeremy has been in a few Duugar Studio videos and Jim Bob seems pretty chummy with the chump.

They all lie and fake so much it's getting complex to figure it out.  This courtship has me puzzled. Is Jim Bob acting or does he hate Jeremy? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

IOr maybe it's TLC that insists on pretending they record everything from the beginning as it happens. They want a storyline of falling in love on camera, but the Duggars have some sense of discretion and privacy, and the only way to reconcile both is to fudge the timeline. 

Yeah, that can't be it. Duggars =/ discretion or privacy. Even if they could spell either one.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's a mix of both the Duggar's and TLC.  The Duggar's can't risk another failed courtship, especially with one of the daughters.  So they needed to make sure it was going to end in a marriage before they announced anything.  Jeremy showed up in the background last season.  Jinger was dropping all kinds of hints in her TH's that she was possibly courting or at least heavily invested in the "get to know you" stage (especially on the Branson trip, whenever that was in real time).  The courtship rules have also seemed to be relaxed a lot for Jinger in terms of communication.  Even if the texts are being read later, she seems to scurry away to a corner enough to have somewhat private conversations over FaceTime.

I also think that TLC was on the fence about whether they would come back for another season.  Instead of just fessing up that they don't have any footage from the spring, they are just recreating all the big moments for the story.  Which is awkward as hell because this entire season is basically Jinger and Jeremy's "story".

• Love 6
12 hours ago, CarolMK said:

There were hints that the wedding might be in New York city though I wonder if that's just a rumor. If so, it might not take place until the spring and another season of Counting On. Didn't Jill and Jessa each get an entire season on 19 Kids and Counting about their courtships/engagements before the big event?

One thing I'd love to see if the party guests having access to an open bar. Jim Bob and Michelle would have steam literally coming out of their ears. Or maybe there will be two weddings- the fundie one for the Duggars and the tv show, and the real one that will take place with Jeremy's family, not the 300 fake friends that the Duggars have who show up to these events with their dozens of children.

They are absolutely obsessed with the idea of short engagements. It's a Gothard talking point that they have repeated many times, basically that to avoid falling into temptation you need to get that piece of paper in your hand, so god won't burn with anger against you for sinning. So I totally agree with the 10 week timeline. Just enough to float around making wedding plans.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The harm in it in Duggarland was maybe two grown ass adults decided to court without His Headshit's permission.  Boob couldn't tolerate this affront, so it had to be dumbed down to appease him and the cult's patriarchal ideas.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, lascuba said:

Which is another reason that whole episode seemed fake to me. Jinger was praised by all the internet for her eye-rolling when she was 14 but she became a quiet mouse in recent years. The Duggars and TLC, being the dumbasses they are, maybe think bringing back the eye-rolling/sign of rebellion towards the universally hated Jim Bob would endear her and Jeremy to the audience. Or maybe I'm giving them way to much credit by thinking they have the brains to strategize that way. 

The thing is, though, Jinger is still 14 in most important ways. She went quiet, but I really think that was because she was kind of depressed and, yeah, she grew up just a bit. But in the emotional way, the sexual way and more, she is 14. Maybe she's even 12. So this lust mania she's in -- and I'm dead certain that that, at least, is not put on, since I experienced something very similar myself -- catapults her right back to being that 12-to-14 year old. With a whole lot of the tics and behaviors and feelings that 14 year olds have. I'm as close to complete certainty as I can be that this is not acting.

We're not dealing with a 23-year-old with a real job, like the one mentioned here. We're dealing with an incredibly suppressed and repressed and unformed 23-year-old who is still 12 or 14 inside. I know that's completely possible, because while I wasn't quite that at 23 -- had grown out of it a bit -- I was still close to that. And I was totally that at 18, 19, 20. As far as I can see, they're just letting Jinger be Jinger. And this is who arrested-development Jinger is when she's in the throes of very natural lust. .... Lust sparks a lot of rebellion among teenagers, you know. And she is one.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, Marigold said:

This courtship has me puzzled. Is Jim Bob acting or does he hate Jeremy? 

I'll bet Jim Bob hates everybody at the moment. Jeremy Schmeremy. He'd probably be angry in any scene they shot him in. Even he's smart enough to see that the gravy train he's been riding for a decade is dropping cars right and left and heading for a cliff somewhere ahead. He isn't even a prince in an ever-thriving Gothard land any more.

That said, he's been mean and catty and stupidly aggressive toward all three of the guys we've seen court his daughters, as far as I can tell. And the first two courtships happened when he was riding high high high and, as far as he knew, had no reason to think the festival would end. And he also would then turn around and act chummy to the guys in other situations. I don't see why it should be any different with Jer.

All the older men in patriarchal cults seem to be bitterly jealous of all the young bucks. And all the patriarchs have a million children because they believe that they will own those children. So of course he hates the courting guys -- because they're taking his possession. And Jeremy is at least initially actually going to take Jinge somewhere else. (Remember how appalled JB was at Derick and Jill's we're-going-to-CA announcement?)

And of course he'll twit and bite and sting the young guys as much as he can to show his dominance. But at the same time, they're guys, and he hangs around with guys and acts friendly (even though I don't know that he has any actual friends) so he does that sometimes with Jer and the other guys -- because that's what men do in the patriarchal society. He's Warren Jeffs lite.

Honestly, everything that's going on here -- except the time line, which all reality shows have always doctored (Project Runway doesn't last three months) -- seems pretty natural and predictable to me, given who these people are. I think we're too often seduced into thinking they're average people, and for average people a lot of what they do would be baffling. But for them -- I don't think so. It's the more normal-looking things they do that the producers are apt to cook up, seems to me. As they try to make them more tv-acceptable.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The thing is, though, Jinger is still 14 in most important ways. She went quiet, but I really think that was because she was kind of depressed and, yeah, she grew up just a bit. But in the emotional way, the sexual way and more, she is 14. Maybe she's even 12. So this lust mania she's in -- and I'm dead certain that that, at least, is not put on, since I experienced something very similar myself -- catapults her right back to being that 12-to-14 year old. With a whole lot of the tics and behaviors and feelings that 14 year olds have. I'm as close to complete certainty as I can be that this is not acting. We're not dealing with a 23-year-old with a real job, like the one mentioned here. We're dealing with an incredibly suppressed and repressed and unformed 23-year-old who is still 12 or 14 inside. I know that's completely possible, because while I wasn't quite that at 23 -- had grown out of it a bit -- I was still close to that. And I was totally that at 18, 19, 20. As far as I can, they're just letting Jinger be Jinger. And this is who arrested-development Jinger is when she's in the throes of very natural lust. .... Lust sparks a lot of rebellion among teenagers, you know. And she is one.

Absolutely agree about Jinger's emotional age. The thing that trips me up is that we so rarely get natural reactions on camera from any of the adults (except for Jill, and even she toned herself down eventually), and I think that's often a deliberate choice on their part to keep their emotions private. Social media scrutinizes everything they say and do, and it seems a natural reaction to create a persona so that people aren't piling on the real you. (Again, I'm probably giving these people a lot more credit than they deserve.) Jinger acting so tooth-achingly in love just seems so off in light of how reserved she's been on camera the last few years. And honestly, I hope she is amping it up for the cameras, because Jeremy is so obviously fake that if she's being 100% genuine...oof. The relationship would be even worse than I thought.

• Love 2

Jinger is 14.  No doubt about that.  My teen daughter is 14 and way, way more mature.   Jinger is like a disordered 14 year old girl. Sadly, Jeremy is also acting like a 14 year old girl and that's my concern! 

Church, maybe you're right.  This is the new "angry as a hornet" Jim Bob and that's why we are getting extra nasty with Jeremy but deep down, he is fine with Jeremy. He was certainly all chummy on the Duggar Home Videos with JB interviewing him and shaking his hand...plus the anti masterbation sermon he was allowed to preach at the Duggar boys. 

I think my own opinion of Jeremy colors it for me.  I never liked Derick or Ben but I never thought they had ulterior motives or had mental problems.  I just saw them as dopey guys who we might not agree with but never saw any malice.   i truly see Jeremy as very inauthentic and trouble.  Plus a bag of mental health problems. I also think his parents know it too.  

I'm actually hoping that Jim Bob is having a moment of clarity and sees Jeremy as a lunatic.   

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Absolutely agree about Jinger's emotional age. The thing that trips me up is that we so rarely get natural reactions on camera from any of the adults (except for Jill, and even she toned herself down eventually), and I think that's often a deliberate choice on their part to keep their emotions private. Social media scrutinizes everything they say and do, and it seems a natural reaction to create a persona so that people aren't piling on the real you. (Again, I'm probably giving these people a lot more credit than they deserve.) Jinger acting so tooth-achingly in love just seems so off in light of how reserved she's been on camera the last few years. And honestly, I hope she is amping it up for the cameras, because Jeremy is so obviously fake that if she's being 100% genuine...oof. The relationship would be even worse than I thought.

Okay, I get what you're saying. Does make sense, but the thing is, my own experience with first lust was extremely similar to what Jinger is showing here -- and I was the most reserved and conscious young person imaginable. I was very very tightly reined in and honed my persona to what I wanted seen all the time -- unless my mind and, especially, body was just going wild with something that I simply could not control.

I had my first experience of the lust that I think I see in Jinger when I was 18. And to the eye I was absolutely a mad thing, shameless, crazy. And from the inside, I was intensely, shockingly, even terrifyingly physically high, which I see in her. It's been said by at least one person that her line about not hearing Jer's tour talk because she was staring at him seems fake. But when I heard that line, I felt immediately catapulted inside her head and into the memory of what my brain actually felt like during those early insane lusts I had. I completely identified with what she seemed to be feeling and to me, because of my own experiences, it had the total ring of truth. I literally could not think or, at times, even see or hear because my brain was so obsessed with some man (and in most cases I hadn't even touched these guys) that it felt like a hot ball of cotton candy. Your physical body is completely in control and your brain is just suffused with sexual heat if you're in this condition. And I just see in Jinger what I once felt myself.

I don't know why it's this way for some people, but my theory is that when you suppress all these urges for years and years they may just accumulate and drive you nuts when they finally emerge. Mine were only fully suppressed until I was 18, and I went high and nearly crazy with it. Jinger's 23. She's been suppressing even longer.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jinger is 14.  No doubt about that.  My teen daughter is 14 and way, way more mature.   Jinger is like a disordered 14 year old girl. Sadly, Jeremy is also acting like a 14 year old girl and that's my concern! 

Church, maybe you're right.  This is the new "angry as a hornet" Jim Bob and that's why we are getting extra nasty with Jeremy but deep down, he is fine with Jeremy. He was certainly all chummy on the Duggar Home Videos with JB interviewing him and shaking his hand...plus the anti masterbation sermon he was allowed to preach at the Duggar boys. 

I think my own opinion of Jeremy colors it for me.  I never liked Derick or Ben but I never thought they had ulterior motives or had mental problems.  I just saw them as dopey guys who we might not agree with but never saw any malice.   i truly see Jeremy as very inauthentic and trouble.  Plus a bag of mental health problems. I also think his parents know it too.  

I'm actually hoping that Jim Bob is having a moment of clarity and sees Jeremy as a lunatic.   

I totally agree with you about Jeremy. I get the exact same sense from him.

And even though it won't really matter for Jinger probably -- since keeping the show going on trumps all for these idiots -- I really hope you're right about JIm Bob. It would be nice to see him show even that much actual concern for one of his kids. I don't disagree with you that that might be the case here. Since, like you, I find Jeremy frightening myself, it certainly wouldn't be strange if somebody on the scene saw it. By this point, I tend to think that Jim Bob is so obsessed with himself that he really sees nothing outside of himself. But that's my assumption because I loathe him! And it's probably an exaggeration and a misjudgment of him!

I do think that the scenario of just -- Jim Bob mad at everybody and doing his patriarch thing against all guys -- is definitely the case. But I think it's quite possible that specific negativity against Jer may be layered on top of it.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Okay, I get what you're saying. Does make sense, but the thing is, my own experience with first lust was extremely similar to what Jinger is showing here -- and I was the most reserved and conscious young person imaginable. I was very very tightly reined in and honed my persona to what I wanted seen all the time -- unless my mind and, especially, body was just going wild with something that I simply could not control.

I had my first experience of the lust that I think I see in Jinger when I was 18. And to the eye I was absolutely a mad thing, shameless, crazy. And from the inside, I was intensely, shockingly, even terrifyingly physically high, which I see in her. It's been said by at least one person that her line about not hearing Jer's tour talk because she was staring at him seems fake. But when I heard that line, I felt immediately catapulted inside her head and into the memory of what my brain actually felt like during those early insane lusts I had. I completely identified with what she seemed to be feeling and to me, because of my own experiences, it had the total ring of truth. I literally could not think or, at times, even see or hear because my brain was so obsessed with some man (and in most cases I hadn't even touched these guys) that it felt like a hot ball of cotton candy. Your physical body is completely in control and your brain is just suffused with sexual heat if you're in this condition. And I just see in Jinger what I once felt myself.

I don't know why it's this way for some people, but my theory is that when you suppress all these urges for years and years they may just accumulate and drive you nuts when they finally emerge. Mine were only fully suppressed until I was 18, and I went high and nearly crazy with it. Jinger's 23. She's been suppressing even longer.

I agree. Jinger is some kinda sicko lust with this guy and truly can't think straight.  I believe it's authentic. 

Looking at Jinger's bizarre behavior, she is probably the one who is most damaged out of the older group of sisters.  Jill was just a smiley clinger.  Jessa? Well...she has her own style of bitchy.  Jinger is like in pathological lust with this guy and it's not normal.  Normal for Jinger but not normal in the real world.  Very sad to see her behaving like that...I'm embarrassed for her and want to rush her to some type of mental health clinic.

Jeremy scares me. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I completely agree with this based on my own persona and experiences. In my case, I was a very sheltered, painfully shy almost 18 years old, never-been-kissed who literally didn't know any boys in school even enough to say hello to.  and the other person in the equation was a visiting cousin, 22 years old (in my defense, I barely knew any of my cousins as we lived on different continents, and as an only child I think I grew up without any natural, built-in sense of taboo). And there was, indeed, a spark of mutual attraction, but given the circumstances, the only physical contact we had, aside from a couple of ever-so-slightly more intimate (on the level of side-hug) moments,  was cloaked in the occasional teasing poke and the like. But I was burning. And no-one else there at the time (my parents, aunt, and his sister) could fail to see it. There was no way in hell to hide the fact that every cell in my body was screaming to be able to touch him. Frankly, almost exactly 40 years later, I still find myself reacting very strongly to him, though years can and do go by between times we see each other (he and his sister just visited a  couple of weeks ago). And I've been married for over 30 years. In a sense, this is one instance where the Duggars' "Guarding the pieces of your heart" logic actually makes a bit of sense to me, as I gave away an irretrievable part of my heart back then, and have no doubt that it did affect my emotions in my own marriage at times.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Marigold said:

But if JB doesn't like Jeremy ( especially if he he does have good reason), why did he approve the courtship? It's supposed to be his job to protect his virginal flowers from the penises of the world. 

If he approved the courtship despite his dislike, presumably because it's what Jinger wants so much, the whole asking-permission thing is a sham. So why bother? (Except that the Duggars never seem to admit that their "rules" sometimes change or don't really seem to exist sometimes, etc.)

He approved the courtship, so he needs to not be a dick. Jeremy is going to be family, and Jinger loves him. Of course, this is Dry-Humpin' Jimmy we're talking about, and we know he needs to swing that peepee around to remind everyone who the head megabreeder is around these parts. And who holds the keys to the chastity belts. 

• Love 13

Filters to hide those forehead wrinkles. I blame Michelle and Jill.

This must be in the Dugg photo handbook.

Babies must be held full body facing the camera, not held naturally against their parents body.

Eyebrows must be lifted as high as possible to assume the 'surprised to be taking my own photo' look.

A pregnant woman must arch her back as far as possible to display the 'bump' and frame it with her hands. If her spouse is near, he must stand behind her and frame the bump as well.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Why does Duggar on the left (I can't tell a lot of the girls apart now) have a picture of dentures across her boobs?

If you squint hard enough through the milky haze, you can kind of make out Joy.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

Jeremy reminds me of the EYE-talian men I used to come across in Rome.  The ones who whistle and cat-call the female tourists in hopes of getting laid.  I also think Jeremy has really bad breath and is probably horrible in bed. 

If he has bad breath, Cringe should be used to that, because JB totally looks like halitosis personified.  As for part 2, Cringe has no way of knowing what's good or bad, so Jer shoots and scores on both points!

Jinger is acting "normal" for her lifestyle -- being repressed and sheltered to the point of being emotionally damaged.  Her eyes are doing the work that the rest of her body wishes it could do.  Jeremy likely had a taste of a fairly normal lifestyle and for him to be interested in this googly-eyed, craft-making, dots-her-I's-with-hearts 23-year old with the hormone-filled brain of a 14 year old girl is not normal.  It's creepy.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

They're also trained from birth to suppress all feelings that aren't "sweet." In light of this, I have never understood why any of the women, at least, are willing to do reality TV. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Marigold said:

Here's the problem with that though - JB didn't see Gothard as a lunatic and allowed his unsupervised daughters around him.  Plus, JB may be more of a lunatic than Jeremy and Cringe may be so used to lunatics at this point that it just seems normal to her. 

• Love 14

Wedding planning while in a hotel? Makes NO sense! I call September 24th as their wedding date. If the rumors are true that they are getting married in NYC then I can see Cringe getting there earlier to get herself ready but it's only Tuesday so something weird is going on. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Wedding planning while in a hotel? Makes NO sense! I call September 24th as their wedding date. If the rumors are true that they are getting married in NYC then I can see Cringe getting there earlier to get herself ready but it's only Tuesday so something weird is going on. 

Maybe the reception will be in a hotel event room? and they're checking it out/planning decorations. Sounds awfully costly for Boob though. Oh, of course, TLC...

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Maybe the reception will be in a hotel event room? and they're checking it out/planning decorations. Sounds awfully costly for Boob though. Oh, of course, TLC...

Kinda sounds like it will be. I can't imagine Babeeeeee's family ever wanting to be seen at a hillbilly no food, no drinking, no dancing mess.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Do you guys think Fundies will travel to NYC for the wedding though? Isn't New York akin to Sodom and Gomorrah for them?

They'll just yell Nike at everyone in 'body paint'.  Never saw anyone in body paint.  Where their imaginations go is worse than what they see on the street.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Do you guys think Fundies will travel to NYC for the wedding though? Isn't New York akin to Sodom and Gomorrah for them?

Doubt it but it will probably be classy, with food, a real cake, a sweet table and lots of fun like any other Italian wedding. I can't see Babe going for a cheap ass, a million of their "closest" friends kinda of wedding.....Italians we have HIGH standards!!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

But if JB doesn't like Jeremy ( especially if he he does have good reason), why did he approve the courtship? It's supposed to be his job to protect his virginal flowers from the penises of the world. 

Laugh-snorting tea through the nose hurts, I tell you!  The Penises Of The World, a new attraction coming to Disneyland, Fall 2017.

Edited by Magoo
I kin spel
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Can I suggest "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher as their  song for their first dance? I Got You Babe really isn't a danceable song but they can sway to it! lol 

Fundies don't dance. Where's a Grumpy Cat meme? Otherwise an excellent idea.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Fundies don't dance. Where's a Grumpy Cat meme? Otherwise an excellent idea.

I did say they can sway to the music since they don't dance. Swaying while side hugging should be ok. lol Oh man, what I would give to be a guest that this wedding! I must find a way! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

They're also trained from birth to suppress all feelings that aren't "sweet." In light of this, I have never understood why any of the women, at least, are willing to do reality TV. 

I'm not so sure they're willing. In a way they're just moldable clay. No decisions necessary.

5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Jinger, I hate to tell you this. But, uh, wedding planning? You guys do NOT have the hang of it.

Luckily they have Sierra!

I can't imagine that the Holy Goalie has duggar-scored. When are they ever alone? And I worry for Jinger. I'm a little startled every time I see her actual age. She seems such a little girl. Worrisome.

• Love 2