Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Aren't we getting close to their engagement date?  I could see it as a weird lead up to the  engagement anniversary.

But I think it's hilarious that Jinger took baby spotlight away from Jill since everyone thinks she's pregnant.

• Love 5

Engagement was at the end of July (two weeks from now). Jeremy could have done something to commemorate the date closer to it. 

The roses? The romantic letter? All the lovey dovey? I am really afraid we are going to get some bad news (in terms of reproducing for the cult) very soon. 

• Love 3

Jinger didn't get a lot of (any) opportunities for romantic dinners/roses before Jeremy.  I don't think they splurge on romantic fancy dinners weekly. So I think she is still appreciative when Jeremy does something special for her. I thought the bouquet was pretty.  If she is pregnant, they seem happy about it. I still don't think they want 19. Jeremy is going to want his kids to have the life he did. 

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

There are 3 roses, just saying.

Three yellow roses of Texas. 

Oh, crap. 

15 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Nooooooo!!!! Stop it this instant! She's not pregnant. She can't be!

Jeremy is famous for his tiny cheap ass bouquets. That's all it means. 

Please, Lord, let that be all it means!

Well, I'd forgotten about that, but you're right. Thanks for giving me a shred of hope.       

It's only  shred, though. I'm having trouble ignoring that three yellow roses of Texas image. If it'd been three red carnations or something I'd be less suspicious. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Marigold said:

jeremy seems so enchanted with Jinger and I can't figure out why.

I know, I know, you can't explain love but she seems so dull and simple. Jeremy acts like he just discovered electricity. I really don't get it. 

Right? Derick being enchanted with Jill made sense because they're both awkward dorks and he was all enamored with the family and thrilled that he managed to find a girl who thought he was awesome. 

Ben and Jessa made sense because he won the hot girl even though he has nothing going for him, not even charm.

But Jeremy and Jinger? Jeremy's too old and experienced for this nonsense in general and especially because Jinger is the one on the receiving end of his affection. That's why he's always come off as a big ole faker to me. Sure, it's possible that "still waters run deep" applies to Jinger, but...well...

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I also thing Jeremy probably has some sort of Pygmalion type complex, and Jinger is just the sort of blank canvas he was looking for. Sweet, submissive, pretty, and just bright enough to be teachable without getting too many of her own ideas. And the fact that she thinks he walks on water and is head over heels in lust is just icing on the cake.

I think it started this way, but the results can go a lot of ways:

She expands her world, gets interested and becomes interesting and independent. Does Jeremy celebrate this or is he threatened?

She becomes parasitic like Jill and never gets any further than the boundaries set by Jeremy. Does Jeremy prefer this or does he resent the constant surveillance and dependence? 

Hard to tell when the match is so unequal, but so far, they look like they are compatible and having a really good time. 

• Love 9

Also, Jeremy returned to fundamentalism and is a re-born again Christian  and re-virginized man!!!  He could not wife a girl like the worldly ones he hung around with during the college and soccer years. Why he needed a woman as pure and godly as his new self.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, louannems said:

Also, Jeremy returned to fundamentalism and is a re-born again Christian  and re-virginized man!!!  He could not wife a girl like the worldly ones he hung around with during the college and soccer years. Why he needed a woman as pure and godly as his new self.

Does anyone know the recidivism rates of Born-agains? Just curious. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

Does anyone know the recidivism rates of Born-agains? Just curious. 

Well, people in every category that gets counted are leaving at higher rates in the past few years than they ever have, though as far as I've seen there are no specific numbers on people who leave and come back again.... I expect it's different when somebody comes back and chooses it as a career path, though. .... At this point, Jer wouldn't just be leaving the faith, he'd be leaving his plan-for-a-paycheck (other than TLC, at any rate). That probably gives the choice more staying power.

... All bets might be off if (when?) the career path doesn't work out very well, though.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, people in every category that gets counted are leaving at higher rates in the past few years than they ever have, though as far as I've seen there are no specific numbers on people who leave and come back again.... I expect it's different when somebody comes back and chooses it as a career path, though. .... At this point, Jer wouldn't just be leaving the faith, he'd be leaving his plan-for-a-paycheck (other than TLC, at any rate). That probably gives the choice more staying power.

... All bets might be off if (when?) the career path doesn't work out very well, though.

When it happens, I can well imagine him ghostwriting Jinger's tell-all.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Genevrier said:

It is maybe because they are both equally enamored with Jeremy. Jeremy did well finding a girl who thinks he's as amazing as he thinks he is. 

I think you are on to something there.  How wonderful for him and his oversized ego.

• Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, louannems said:

re-virginized man!!!

Do we know this for a fact? He might have been a virgin...but kissed, etc. "oral's moral".

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4

I think Jinger is very sensitive and introspective.  Jinger grew up during some hard Duggar times, before TLC came to rescue them.  She has come forward in the lawsuit so we know that she was part of Josh's perversion and all that involved, both from the actual attack to the afterward "no big deal" attitude of her parents and forced forgiveness. 

I see Jinger as one of the more damaged of the Duggar girls.  THIS is why I feel she won't have such a large family.  She has realized that it is too much and many times, has been emotionally abusive to her and her siblings. 

• Love 11

In that couples interview segment last season, Jeremy said that he was put on the spot by "Mr. Duggar", financially, and asked the other guys if they received that 50 page questionnaire. So, Jeremy WAS genuinely surprised and embarrassed by Jim Bob's impolite comments about Jeremy's income being insufficient to support his daughter and it was in front of Jeremy's parents too. Does Jim Blob take it upon himself to 'act' like an ass on the show, or is he 'directed' to be that way? I wonder....but I think he believes he's being 'funny'. He's not.

• Love 15
51 minutes ago, floridamom said:

In that couples interview segment last season, Jeremy said that he was put on the spot by "Mr. Duggar", financially, and asked the other guys if they received that 50 page questionnaire. So, Jeremy WAS genuinely surprised and embarrassed by Jim Bob's impolite comments about Jeremy's income being insufficient to support his daughter and it was in front of Jeremy's parents too. Does Jim Blob take it upon himself to 'act' like an ass on the show, or is he 'directed' to be that way? I wonder....but I think he believes he's being 'funny'. He's not.

He may be directed to play certain things up. But given everything we know about his behavior before he ever had the show, he's been an ass for a long long time, in the way you mention and in many other ways. Possibly -- I speculate -- for pretty much his whole life. And then he's gone and bought into a cult that advises him to exacerbate the very must ass-y things about him. And he bought into the cult, I believe, for that exact reason. Because the cult gives him carte blanche to do and get the very things he most wants.

When somebody shows you who they are, believe them, I'd say.

• Love 14
(edited)

Jinger knows that Jessa has already gotten the Gold medal in the Duggar Ovarian Olympics by giving birth twice with only 1 drama.  Jill takes the Silver, because she also has 2 now, though both were complicated.  Joy still has a shot at the Bronze medal, since it's possible that she got the baby bullet on her honeymoon and could squeeze out a sprog before her first wedding anniversary. 

Jing has just never seemed competitive.  At least not any way that was televised or talked about.  She was far enough down the kid list to seemingly not have huge expectations heaped on her.  I still think she's got the best deal of all of them, including the husband.  Of course only time will tell.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9
(edited)

I would not be surprised if they do.   We know Jeremy is fine with a beer or two, I'd imagine he would encourage Jinger to join him.   We have seen several instances of her trying new things now that she is out from under Boob's thumb.  She is thriving.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Jinger knows that Jessa has already gotten the Gold medal in the Duggar Ovarian Olympics by giving birth twice with only 1 drama.  Jill takes the Silver, because she also has 2 now, though both were complicated.  Joy still has a shot at the Bronze medal, since it's possible that she got the baby bullet on her honeymoon and could squeeze out a sprog before her first wedding anniversary. 

Jing has just never seemed competitive.  At least not any way that was televised or talked about.  She was far enough down the kid list to seemingly not have huge expectations heaped on her.  I still think she's got the best deal of all of them, including the husband.  Of course only time will tell.  

Sorry but I think that Jinger won the ovarian Olympics Gold medal because she has not been forced to pump out a baby in her first year of marriage. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Jing has just never seemed competitive.  

I don't think she is either. She and Jana were background dwellers, while Jill and Jessa were fighting for camera time. I think Anna, Jill and Jessa are active members of the Breeding Olympics, while Jinger and Jana would probably be fine with three kids, max. Joy only wants as "many as the Lord will give her" because she's dumb and brainwashed.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

He's an ass all on his own, no question, but I think a lot of his on-air buffoonery is TLC directed. All the PDA with Michelle, the golf course humping, the jokes about sex...that's all for the cameras, I think. The stuff with Jeremy, though, I think was real. He looked too serious during that, not all laughing it up like he usually does. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

He's an ass all on his own, no question, but I think a lot of his on-air buffoonery is TLC directed. All the PDA with Michelle, the golf course humping, the jokes about sex...that's all for the cameras, I think. The stuff with Jeremy, though, I think was real. He looked too serious during that, not all laughing it up like he usually does. 

I'm sure the tv people egg him on. But that golf-course humping? I'm about 99-plus percent sure that that was Jizm Bob's own idea. Because who the hell else would ever have thought of doing such a thing, in such a place, in front of both tv cameras and his own young-adult and "courting" offspring? ..... I just can't believe that that would even cross the mind of anybody but an oversexed desperate idiotic rube like Jizm Bob! ....

Now, once he started it, would a director have egged him on? Yeah, I'm sure a director would have .... But, seriously, it really would take a person of unusual ego, ignorance and crassness to come up with that act in the first place -- and even more so to suggest it as a possibility to someone else, which is what would have happened had a director been the first to think of it. .... I really think that one has to be on Jizm Bob! It's too insane for someone else to have suggested, to me. I just don't see the tv people initiating a notion with that potential to deeply embarrass some of the kids and Michelle to that degree, especially at that point, when they were still quite supportive of the family and the show. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
On 7/15/2017 at 0:12 PM, Genevrier said:

It is maybe because they are both equally enamored with Jeremy. Jeremy did well finding a girl who thinks he's as amazing as he thinks he is. 

@Genevrier, could I hire you to throw shade at a few people in my life? That was awesome. 

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm sure the tv people egg him on. But that golf-course humping? I'm about 99-plus percent sure that that was Jizm Bob's own idea. Because who the hell else would ever have thought of doing such a thing, in such a place, in front of both tv cameras and his own young-adult and "courting" offspring? ..... I just can't believe that that would even cross the mind of anybody but an oversexed desperate idiotic rube like Jizm Bob! ....

Now, once he started it, would a director have egged him on? Yeah, I'm sure a director would have .... But, seriously, it really would take a person of unusual ego, ignorance and crassness to come up with that act in the first place -- and even more so to suggest it as a possibility to someone else, which is what would have happened had a director been the first to think of it. .... I really think that one has to be on Jizm Bob! It's too insane for someone else to have suggested, to me. I just don't see the tv people initiating a notion with that potential to deeply embarrass some of the kids and Michelle to that degree, especially at that point, when they were still quite supportive of the family and the show. 

Oh, yes, the humping was definitely his idea, but I think it would have never occurred to him to do that without the cameras there. Years of jokes from the media and producers about how much they must like to have sex has made JB act out horniness for the cameras, because the producers have always encouraged it. I doubt that those two even kiss all that much when they aren't filming. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Oh, yes, the humping was definitely his idea, but I think it would have never occurred to him to do that without the cameras there. Years of jokes from the media and producers about how much they must like to have sex has made JB act out horniness for the cameras, because the producers have always encouraged it. I doubt that those two even kiss all that much when they aren't filming. 

Whereas, I'll bet he does it all the time! I wouldn't be surprised if he's done it at weddings!   "Hey hey hey" indeed. lol

I agree with you more on the kissing .........It's not as Boobish -- too ordinary, plus he probably knows Michelle doesn't love his breath ..... I just don't think that his egotism and attention-whoring is only camera driven. I think he's an attention whore -- and an old guy who wants to show how big his penis is (or isn't) -- all the time there are other people present....not just when there's a tv audience present! Because anybody who dressed that family up all in red for those old photos, before he was ever on tv -- that's an attention whore who didn't need TLC to create his habit, I think.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

I think that's true of a lot of celebrities and particularly reality stars seem to want attention all the time. That they would be looking for an audience no matter what happens, and they do silly things for attention. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

To dredge up the three roses topic again, I think they were just part of the "package" when Jeremy bought the bouquet.  No special meaning whatsoever other than the bouquet is pretty and yellow is Jinger's fave color. 

In regards to her freedom, I think that has become precious to her.  For the first time in her life she is able to do things (like "normal" people do) and she is going to be hard-pressed to give that up any time soon by birthing 37 kids in their first years of marriage.  Jinger has always had a strong streak in her and I don't believe that she was thoroughly accepting of the kook aid.  While spiritual, Jinger does not strike me as a bible-banging fundies fanatic like the rest of them.  She has aspirations for her life (although they may not be the same as yours or mine) and not all of those aspirations are directly connected to Duggarism or Gothardism or quiverfull.  I have a feeling that she understands that you can be a "servant of God" without having 50 kids for his glory and putting yourself (and them) in a world of hungry, abusive hurt.  

I think also that Jeremy has his own ideas about being a "Christian" that do not include Bible-based mandates on dress or whatever.  He seems to be encouraging Jinger to grow a bit as a person and to experience the world around her.  And that includes venturing out on her own.  Far from what she was taught growing up in the compound.  

I am glad to see that they put up the restriction on Duggars visiting the first six months, but they did not seem to have that restriction on the Vuolos.  Granted, when the Vuolos visit it's ma and pa and no one else.  When the Duggars visit, it's like a plague of locusts led by a super fake magnanimous "leader" who couldn't lead himself out of the bathroom if the door was wide open.  

I can't help but think that Jeremy's embargo was the direct result of the way Jim Bob treated him when he and Jinger were courting.  The visit they all made to Laredo when Jim Bob announced to the world that Jeremy's closet smelled like dirty shoes and told Jeremy that he would need to get a second job to supplement his meager pastor's salary so that he could support Jinger's thrift shopping habit.  Ugh, if I were Jeremy, I would've put a LIFELONG embargo on him for embarrassing me on tee vee.  

That was completely out of line for asshole Boob to say that!  If my dad had said anything shitty like that to my intended, he would have had some heavy duty apologizing to do, to both of us, ON FRIGGING CAMERA!  No wonder Jing worships Jeremy for getting her away from that dickhead father.  Even so, I think that Jing feeds Jeremy's huge ego, the way "women of the world" (so to speak) wouldn't.

• Love 10

Since Jeremy exposed the 50 page questionnaire and JB's offensive line of questioning on that episode, we can guess why they aren't getting good quality men for Jana and why they girls said they get creeps or weirdos. Creeps compared to what? I really hope Jeremy filled that form out laughing and lying his ass off. 

When I start to drift over to thinking Jeremy and Jinger could be really fundy lite, I remember that horrible video on masturbation.  

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Since Jeremy exposed the 50 page questionnaire and JB's offensive line of questioning on that episode, we can guess why they aren't getting good quality men for Jana and why they girls said they get creeps or weirdos. Creeps compared to what? I really hope Jeremy filled that form out laughing and lying his ass off. 

When I start to drift over to thinking Jeremy and Jinger could be really fundy lite, I remember that horrible video on masturbation.  

Because only freaks and Weirdos fill out the complete questionnaire.

• Love 6

Late to this topic, but, while out grocery shopping this evening I noticed in the store floral section they had a display of pre-made bouquets in vases, and one of them was an arrangement of three yellow roses like from the dinner picture. Instantly made me think of Jinge & Jerm. I half started to point them out to my Headship before I stopped myself and remembered he would have no idea what I was talking about, or even care. Too bad, it would have been fun to buy them and take some parody pictures.

Anyways, all the other arrangements were much larger and more expensive, so perhaps Jeremy also was by his neighborhood Safeway and those were the options available.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

Boob has nerve to talk since his oldest son and other sons-in-law don't work. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

He may be directed to play certain things up. But given everything we know about his behavior before he ever had the show, he's been an ass for a long long time, in the way you mention and in many other ways. Possibly -- I speculate -- for pretty much his whole life. And then he's gone and bought into a cult that advises him to exacerbate the very must ass-y things about him. And he bought into the cult, I believe, for that exact reason. Because the cult gives him carte blanche to do and get the very things he most wants.

When somebody shows you who they are, believe them, I'd say.

8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Whereas, I'll bet he does it all the time! I wouldn't be surprised if he's done it at weddings!   "Hey hey hey" indeed. lol

I agree with you more on the kissing .........It's not as Boobish -- too ordinary, plus he probably knows Michelle doesn't love his breath ..... I just don't think that his egotism and attention-whoring is only camera driven. I think he's an attention whore -- and an old guy who wants to show how big his penis is (or isn't) -- all the time there are other people present....not just when there's a tv audience present! Because anybody who dressed that family up all in red for those old photos, before he was ever on tv -- that's an attention whore who didn't need TLC to create his habit, I think.

I agree everything he does is attention seeking, he always wants attention and it on him. He bought into a cult so the attention would always be on him, he gets to do what ever he wants, and he also made sure that he can never be beaten.  He's shown off by how many kids he fathered, that's right happy to tell anyone and everyone he has 19 and their all his.  Look at how competitive he gets with his own sons. His own sons he has conveniently made sure can never ever surpass him by keeping them uneducated, forbidding them from being able to do anything or even leave home. Look how much fun he had with Derick, Ben and Jeremy when they were courting his daughters he had fun forcing them to do things to please him, he made them zipline but chickened out himself, he made one clean toilets to get his pretty daughter, grilling Jeremy about supporting Jinger despite the fact he has zero problems supporting Jill and Jessa's family.   

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I sincerely believe that Jeremy's parents have a personal axe to grind with the Catholic church. They don't seem to realize that Catholics believe the same things as Protestants do. Every religion on earth, I believe, has their own style or fashion to express those beliefs. Nothing wrong with that. It's like saying we all have to love ice cream...who prefers vanilla, who prefers strawberry ice cream. No real difference there, IMO. ,..IT"S ALL ICE CREAM. Getting back to the Vuolos, Jeremy has inherited that 'axe' from his parents. I'm sure they spent a lot of time in his house growing up bashing the Catholic church rather than simply practicing their own style of worship, as they assuredly, being of NE Italian background have many relatives who are Roman Catholic. I'm sure they caused controversy in their own family about this.

Jeremy is really ticking me off with his sermon about 'not holding hands' with Catholics.. This 'boy' of 29 still has a lot to learn IMO. He is a 'daddy appointed, daddy ordained' preacher/pastor who has no education, training OR any advanced theological courses under his belt...he has NO credentials, IMO. None of these guys, including MR. VUOLO, and that head guy in San Antionio, can call themselves "Reverand" or a 'Minister". How is it that they are qualified to tell others how to live? Obviously, I am a Roman Catholic and an Italian. After years in Catholic school and decades attending Mass, adult catechism classes, I have NEVER HEARD The Church criticize other Christian faiths or demean them. I would LOVE to have Mr. Jeremy Vuolo sit down with the Pope and tell him why he's not a Christian.

I'd pay to watch that.

Everyone here on this earth, Christian, non-Christian, Agnostic or Atheist is my brother/sister. We all share this life and we should be respectful of each others' beliefs. Jeremy does not respect mine. How is HE  Christian? What Would Jesus Do, Jeremy?

Sadly, the problem with their sort of mindset - which they absolutely believe is backed up by the Bible - is that Jesus himself, while no doubt showing love and respect toward the person, would still regretfully have to inform even a professed Christian of the wrong stripe, that unless they carefully cultivated a "relationship" wherein Jesus was the absolute headship in their lives, they would, unfortunately not be saved. Nothing anyone can do about it, because God is incapable of being around sin, everyone is born a sinner, and only accepting Jesus can wash it clean. QED. I still don't understand how the supposed "sin" of being misled is somehow unforgivable when all sins are supposedly equal, but whatever. I think it has something to do with unknowingly worshiping demons or something....Of course, they also believe 100% that the way they live their lives is ultimately Godly, even if some of their notions change over the years. Because they live in constant "communication" with God, he can lay it on their hearts that some things which were formerly forbidden are now OK because maybe you have grown or some such.

Another forum I post on (atheist themed) calls this SPAG - Self-Projection As God. It's why so few people, even of the same sect, seem to be able to agree exactly what God means or wants in certain situations. In other words, if God is telling you to do something, it's probably because that's what you either want or feel you should do to begin with.

• Love 13