Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait… it isn’t? We aren’t talking REAL sawdust, are we? Someone please educate me…

I'm lost too. I've heard of different cuts of beef, but not so much hamburger meat. Unless we're talking about fat content? Yeah, no, I'm still clueless.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm lost too. I've heard of different cuts of beef, but not so much hamburger meat. Unless we're talking about fat content? Yeah, no, I'm still clueless.

I think back in the sixties and seventies, there were some cheap burger fast food places that served up hamburgers that had a lot of filler.  Like soybean meal.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Anyone else old enough to remember McDonald's super lean burger in the 80s I think?  It was full of soybean something and made me quite sick.  

I was a bit baffled by the sawdust so visited Mr. Google who had this answer:

But if you eat at some of the nation's top fast-food restaurants, you could be eating wood pulp. Burger King, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Carl's Jr. and Wendy's all have items on their menus that contain this ingredient. ... It's a common food additive, made of tiny pieces of wood pulp and plant fibers.Jun 30, 2014

I wonder if Jim Bob has been using this sneaky trick to extend the meat during gatherings also.  That one sounds like something he'd be happy to do.  

Jeremy I expect thinks he's above such tricks and would appalled should he discover his favorite burger places used any kind of extender.  

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3

Boy I must have been in a coma the last few years.  Some coworkers went out to  dinner and we started talking about Gabby and Cade and one of them said that Pocket Square officiated at their wedding have I been living under a rock? 

• LOL 3
Just now, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Fun fact: shredded cheese is loaded with cellulose aka sawdust. The moral of the story is shred your own cheese. I’m sure RFP wouldn’t be caught dead eating processed cheese from a bag.

At the very least, shred your own cheese for macaroni and cheese for this reason! 

I'm honestly not sure that Jeremy is really a food snob so much as someone who just really likes to eat and wants to feel special. LOL He never actually seems to know anything about food or be interested in learning anything about it. He just wants to show off that he eats well. I think he eats processed cheese from a bag when nobody is looking. (Disclaimer: I do too.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

Anyone else old enough to remember McDonald's super lean burger in the 80s I think?  It was full of soybean something and made me quite sick.  

Not proud to say that I know this but the McLean burger was made from seaweed.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Not proud to say that I know this but the McLean burger was made from seaweed.

The Japanese are the longest-lived people on the planet and they eat seaweed like we eat red meat, french fries, fructose and aspartame. 😁

• Love 5

He's 6'1" or 6'2". I think the fact Matt is standing behind him and leaning forward is why he looks shorter. That or he's lied about his height. Lol For all of Jeremy's other problems, I think he does truthfully report his height. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Then how tall is Jeremy?

According to his official soccer profiles, he's 6'3". That should be fairly accurate (sometimes they round up a bit, but it would be difficult to add on whole inches, as an athlete).

• Useful 3
14 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

According to his official soccer profiles, he's 6'3". That should be fairly accurate (sometimes they round up a bit, but it would be difficult to add on whole inches, as an athlete).

Oh I didn't realize he was quite that tall. But yes I agree athlete heights tend to be more accurate than actor heights. Most of what I know about heights comes from celebheights because I have a weird obsession with guessing people's heights, but Rob from celebheights always says this about athletes versus actors/musicians.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise go years acting on boxes and avoiding working with taller actors while saying they were like 5'11" but actually like 5'7" or something?

It wouldn't surprise me. Rumor has it that Mel Gibson made Jason Isaacs stand in a trench for the scene in The Patriot where their characters confront each other. I think it's true. It's weirdly filmed. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 The best part of that story is Isaacs is on the taller side of average. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the Duggars don't have a weird complex about height, even though most of the older sons look average height to me. Jeremiah is the only one who seems noticeably short, though I have a harder time distinguishing most of the kids past him. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5

This has happened in movies for years.  In Gaslight, Angela Lansbury was much taller than Charles Boyer.  They built trenches in the floor for her to walk in during their scenes together. Boyer was the same height as Ingrid Bergman, and  he had to stand on a box in the kissing scene at the train station.  (I love that movie).  I, too, think this group believes that the man must be taller.  How tall is Jinger?  They look nice together in pictures.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Except Aaron Rodgers and he’s quite the asshole when people call him out on being shorter than he claims.

I’m curious if Jerms keeps up with his old college teammates and classmates and what they must think of him now. I had a couple of classmates who had religious “awakenings” during college and they became insufferable. He’s definitely trying to impress someone and I wonder if it’s people from school whose careers and or love lives are likely starting to take off. Jerms might feel the need to compete by showing off his super rad lifestyle in L.A. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Except Aaron Rodgers and he’s quite the asshole when people call him out on being shorter than he claims.

I’m curious if Jerms keeps up with his old college teammates and classmates and what they must think of him now. I had a couple of classmates who had religious “awakenings” during college and they became insufferable. He’s definitely trying to impress someone and I wonder if it’s people from school whose careers and or love lives are likely starting to take off. Jerms might feel the need to compete by showing off his super rad lifestyle in L.A. 

Aaron Rodgers is a well rounding lying asshole. And to think I had a short lived mini crush on him when he hosted Jeopardy. I cringe now.

Jer is friends with at least two guys (and their wives/kids) from his soccer days, not sure if its college soccer buddies or semi-pro soccer buddies though.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Aaron Rodgers is a well rounding lying asshole. And to think I had a short lived mini crush on him when he hosted Jeopardy. I cringe now.

Jer is friends with at least two guys (and their wives/kids) from his soccer days, not sure if its college soccer buddies or semi-pro soccer buddies though.

He's friends with Luis Robles, starting goalie for the Red Bulls the year Jer was a bench warmer. That's the guy who was on the show (with his wife and kids) several times.

• Useful 6

I was doing my morning devotional yesterday and came across this Proverb. I wonder if JereMe has read it. 

“The arrogant heart is abhorrent to God, be sure it will not go unpunished.” 
PROVERBS  16:5 

• Love 23
21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was doing my morning devotional yesterday and came across this Proverb. I wonder if JereMe has read it. 

“The arrogant heart is abhorrent to God, be sure it will not go unpunished.” 
PROVERBS  16:5 

I wonder if JB and M have read it, their son already found out the hard way. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, awaken said:

All these years and this is the first I’m hearing about the adopted nana that jinger is so close with. 

I wonder if this is the mysterious church lady who relieved Meech of laundry duty after her breakdown? She was always identified as an older lady.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Rogue comma!
  • Useful 3
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, awaken said:

All these years and this is the first I’m hearing about the adopted nana that jinger is so close with. 

4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if this is the mysterious church lady who relieved Meech of laundry duty after her breakdown? She was always identified as an older lady.

Piano teacher and laundry lady. 

• Love 9

Jingle looks cute, but I'm eye-rolling their date nights. To me, "date nights" are for couples who have real-world responsibilities and need the occasional break. These grifters have no bills and no jobs. Yeah, I get that kids are work, but it seems like they're barely with them. They get tons of help via their church friends. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jingle looks cute, but I'm eye-rolling their date nights. To me, "date nights" are for couples who have real-world responsibilities and need the occasional break. These grifters have no bills and no jobs. Yeah, I get that kids are work, but it seems like they're barely with them. They get tons of help via their church friends. 

And drive pricey cars, play golf all weekend, and travel.

• Love 11

Huh.  For a very brief moment during Jeremy's unusually self-aware and self-imposed social media blackout during the trial, I thought that he might return with a little bit of a different presence - like - oh, I don't know, a seminary student who has something helpful to offer a world in crisis.  I'm angry at myself for even wasting 0.002 seconds wondering if Jeremy would somehow change even a little bit, and maybe become a smidge more self-aware.  But no - we're back to the exact same fancy food-eating/date night smarmy punchable-faced grifter he's always been.  At least now I know - in an ever-changing world, Jeremy Vuolo will always remain as shallow as a mud puddle.

• Love 24