Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

If Jeremy wanted to be a hoity toity intellectual influencer (ignore the oxymoron), he could really milk the hell out of being a Reformed hipster. 

I went to college with a bunch of Reformed wanna-be pastors. I disagreed with them on many things, but I will give them credit in that those guys were very well-read on Reformed church doctrine and theology and history. It was almost like a competition for them to cite the most obscure Calvinist thinker.

It has always stood out to me how distanced Jeremy seems from this model of modern Reformed thinking that I was exposed to, which did prioritize being a thinker--or appearing to be one.

If he'd stop posting about clothing and food and turn his attention to being a well-coiffed, stylish Reformed pastor-to-be (but without constantly drawing attention to how stylish he thinks he is), his whole social media niche could be some variation of "You can be a Calvinist and still be cool." 

Would it work on the heathen masses or the non-Calvinists? No. Would youngish Calvinists eat that shit up? Yes. 

13 minutes ago, goldensglitter said:

Rebecca Minkoff, very well known Scientologist.  Better watch out Jinger, you may be subject to brainwash.  Do these dodo's even know this.  I would not buy a Minkoff handbag if she paid me.  

Bahahahaha If they start posting about thetans, we'll know what's up. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4

They seem to alternate between photographers. The last photos were taken by Jesse and now a photo by freelifephotography. A photographer on another snark site said that even minor celebrities get good deals from photographers, because it gives the photographer exposure and free advertising. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Jinger has the best publicist hands down. I don’t know about the Scientology (but it’s pretty funny if she were to be recruited), but Rebecca Minkoff is a rather well known brand - upper middle not quite high end, young, colorful. Sounds like Jin’s aspirations!! Beats Jeremy’s tacky pocket squares, ugly decorative books, and fountain pens by a mile. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, awaken said:

Where exactly does he work?  I’d love to know. 

Well, it says Grace Community Church on the post. And he came there as MacArthur's boy, so it makes sense that MacArthur would have provided a way for him to bring in cash while he's in LA.  And he's been shown so much with that church guy Mahoney/Maloney/whichever. So all that seems to add up to, yeah, he's got some kind of position at the church.

And it does seem to me that MacArthur'd be less likely to employ him at his seminary than at his church.

Jer's obviously getting a very special favor by being given a job while he attends the school , since MacArthur obviously doesn't have a way to employ hundreds of men at once. But when he's giving a special favor to some (one?) he'd probably not want those guy's "jobs" to be at the seminary where it'd be extremely visible -- and no doubt galling -- to all the people who haven't been given part-time jobs by the seminary head to help them afford LA. Especially not now, when he's already under fire for showing extreme favoritism with students......So that too seems to add up to Jer having been given some post at Grace Community Church. 

What he's doing at the church is completely unknown, though. Maybe he's typing or counting the money from the offering plates or something. I haven't noticed him saying anything that suggests what he does at his "job."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I don't get the need for professional photographers. I understand that it's the "in" thing for influencer-wannabes to do,

I'd say that's the answer. I think Jer's very very very eager to follow trends.

Plus, hiring the professional photographer may make him feel like he's already arrived as an "influencer" -- make him feel like a big success already (even though in reality there's still a very steep uphill climb ahead....)

I think that's a hallmark of him and his work life. When he was in soccer, he was just a beginner but what he said in interviews made it clear that he was thinking in terms of very quickly becoming a well-known and influential star. When he talked about the church in Laredo on the Roloff podcast, it was all about how he'd leaped to being fully in charge of the church "at such a young age," as he said. But in fact the church as a whole was clearly being run out of the planting church in San Antonio and while he had responsibilities for it, there's no way he was actually running the whole enterprise. 

Seems to me he's somewhat more inclined to magical thinking than to long hard slogs when it comes to job success. So I'm guessing he envisions that professional photographer as the magical fairy dust that's just going to give them the influencer career they want, instead of having to think really hard and work really hard to get it......Jingle'd be fooled by this, I think, since look at everything JB and M have managed to get via magical TLC fairy dust (and a lot of sperm/egg action, of course...) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, goldensglitter said:

Rebecca Minkoff, very well known Scientologist.  Better watch out Jinger, you may be subject to brainwash.  Do these dodo's even know this.  I would not buy a Minkoff handbag if she paid me.  

Well, Minkoff's second-generation Scientology and Jingle's second-generation Gothard..... Maybe Rebecca figured they were a good match.....

My bet is JIngle doesn't have a clue. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Zella said:

If Jeremy wanted to be a hoity toity intellectual influencer (ignore the oxymoron), he could really milk the hell out of being a Reformed hipster. 

I went to college with a bunch of Reformed wanna-be pastors. I disagreed with them on many things, but I will give them credit in that those guys were very well-read on Reformed church doctrine and theology and history. It was almost like a competition for them to cite the most obscure Calvinist thinker.

It has always stood out to me how distanced Jeremy seems from this model of modern Reformed thinking that I was exposed to, which did prioritize being a thinker--or appearing to be one.

If he'd stop posting about clothing and food and turn his attention to being a well-coiffed, stylish Reformed pastor-to-be (but without constantly drawing attention to how stylish he thinks he is), his whole social media niche could be some variation of "You can be a Calvinist and still be cool." 

Would it work on the heathen masses or the non-Calvinists? No. Would youngish Calvinists eat that shit up? Yes. 

He could recreate Mars Hill! 

I used to wonder if that's the kind of thing he had in mind. But as time has gone on, I've come to the conclusion that he's really both too dumb and too lazy to do it (although I still wonder if he may have thought in those terms at some point).

The dumb and lazy part does make the world safer for everybody else, though, so I guess in the big picture it's a good thing.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20191129-213421_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c0dd752256d598d39b6bc37e5e04c20f.jpg

Wonder how much she's getting paid for this appearance. 

I wonder how much of a draw she'll be in LA. Obviously, Toys for Tots, fonuts, the Minkoff company and others think she'll be a draw. I wonder on what grounds they've decided that. In that part of the world, it certainly can't be her level of "celebrity" because in LA terms, it wouldn't seem to me to amount to all that much. 

Maybe they see an untapped market of fundigelicals there who are looking for wholesome celebs? 

Interesting. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

To bad I'm on the opposite side of the country.  I'd love to try the Jingerbread fōnut.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a few pics of JerME fangirling and filling his face at the event.

45 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder how much of a draw she'll be in LA.

I'm sure there will be a few "fans" that come out of the woodwork.  I mean, she is on a current TV show.  I do agree that this type of thing would probably be better received in Arkansas rather than LA.

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sure there will be a few "fans" that come out of the woodwork.  I mean, she is on a current TV show.  I do agree that this type of thing would probably be better received in Arkansas rather than LA.

Agreed! For wanna be influencers (one of whom apparently has a business degree) who are actively cultivating a curated online presence, they seem curiously inept at determining their audience, market, niche, etc. I get a real "let's throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks" vibe. 

@Churchhoney I agree that jeremy almost seemed to be going down the hipster Calvinist road. His early posts about partnering with that one book company suggested that. I think he is too arrogant not to try to make himself the focus and too lazy to actually put the work into doing the work to back up anything, though. Also I really don't think he gives two shits about theology or pastoring, so he can't bring himself to put himself into anything beyond what does interest him. That is human nature, for sure, but it really does make him seem like a shady attention whore rather than anyone who should actually be running or working for a church.

I really do wonder if MacArthur and crew recruited him with the expectation he would be a hipster Calvinist rather than just a hipster who posts about freebies, food, and fashion. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sure we'll be seeing a few pics of JerME fangirling and filling his face at the event.

He’ll be there schmoozing and carrying Prop around as bait. 

(Is it wrong that I hope Prop spends the day having screaming NONONONO meltdowns?)

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

IMO there’s no way that Jeremy would allow his child to be blanket-trained.  I’m almost positive that he wasn’t raised that way, and I’ll go so far as to say that he thinks it’s a horrible practice.  I have no idea how Jinger feels about it, since she WAS raised that way, but I’m 99.9% sure that she’s not blanket-training Lissy, if only because Jeremy wouldn’t allow it.  Personally I think blanket-training is a form of child abuse, and I would alert CPS on anyone who I was 100% sure was practicing it on their own children. Anyone who would treat a child like that is a monster IMO.  I feel sure that the Rods blanket-train their children.

Absolutely. Remember a couple of years ago when Kaylie (spelling?) and Nurie spent a summer with the Pearls? The appropriately named Rods are devotees. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

IMO there’s no way that Jeremy would allow his child to be blanket-trained.  I’m almost positive that he wasn’t raised that way, and I’ll go so far as to say that he thinks it’s a horrible practice.  I have no idea how Jinger feels about it, since she WAS raised that way, but I’m 99.9% sure that she’s not blanket-training Lissy, if only because Jeremy wouldn’t allow it.

As much as I dislike Jeremy, I can't imagine him hitting his child. Not having been raised Gothard-style, he may never have heard of "blanket training" (or at least never have known people who actually did it) until he met the Duggars and their fellow cult members. I'm sure that he has had a number of moments when he's been horrified by things Jinger has told him about her childhood, things she has always accepted as perfectly normal.

• Love 17

His parents were Catholic and I've met enough Catholics who still believe in hitting children to think it's still possible Jeremy grew up with some form of physical punishment. Cathy Dillard's wooden spoon jokes/kit would be appreciated in many Catholic circles.

And yes the Vuolos left Catholicism, but it's very normal for people to change religions and keep some of the habits/rituals/traditions from the former religion. Plus judging by Jeremy's seminary and the leader John McArthur it's not like the Vuolos found a more progressive religion. Based on McArthur's rants about women, women seem to have more power in the Catholic church. 

That being said, I can't see them being into blanket training, which is another level altogether. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

His parents were Catholic and I've met enough Catholics who still believe in hitting children to think it's still possible Jeremy grew up with some form of physical punishment. Cathy Dillard's wooden spoon jokes/kit would be appreciated in many Catholic circles.

And yes the Vuolos left Catholicism, but it's very normal for people to change religions and keep some of the habits/rituals/traditions from the former religion. Plus judging by Jeremy's seminary and the leader John McArthur it's not like the Vuolos found a more progressive religion. Based on McArthur's rants about women, women seem to have more power in the Catholic church. 

That being said, I can't see them being into blanket training, which is another level altogether. 

Jer's guru John MacArthur on corporal punishment: 

'Many who oppose corporal punishment simply are not willing to look at the facts and statistics rationally. One critic of spanking bluntly states that as far as he is concerned, "Hitting children is not a subject to which rational debate applies. It is another manifestation of American's unique exploitation of children as models for absolutist behavior standards and austere punishments that grown adults would not impose on themselves" (Mike A. Males, The Scapegoat Generation, 116).

'Christian parents should not be duped by such "experts." Scripture itself prescribes corporal discipline and cautions parents not to abandon the use of the rod. In the end, the facts will be found to agree with the Word of God. '

https://www.gty.org/library/articles/A216/parenting-in-an-antispanking-culture

Which is not to say MacArthur espouses blanket training. He gives the usual caveat about not going to extremes, just as most people outside the really cuckoo cults do...

I think there are probably at least as many conservative evangelicals who still approve of corporal punishment generally as there are Catholics who do, though. .... A lot of people who leave Catholicism for evangelical Protestant churches do so because in many ways Catholics are far too liberal for them -- with their social-justice bent, for example.

Jer's parents are of pretty much the same religious bent as MacArthur, of course, with Chuck also being a pastor of pretty much the same theology. So they may well be Cathy Dillards....or they may be like some other people in these groups who quietly abandon this practice but often don't actually speak against it in any way, just leaving it because they personally find it distasteful. Impossible to tell which they are, of course. 

I do think that Jer's sermon about Jazz is somewhat relevant to his ideas about parental authority. He went into a major rant about the evils of Jazz's parents allowing her to run their home and declare things about herself that are contrary to God. And he made a lot of noise about how they exhibited bad, weak, modern parenting by not simply asserting their authority over their child and ordering her to stop flouting God's law or else. He put the blame on her parents, whom he criticized as modern and weak and thus ungodly, for allowing her evil to flourish. 

That says nothing about his corporal-punishment ideas. But it does put him on the side of authoritarian parenting, at least when it comes to matters that aren't even any of the parents' business. lol

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

My opinion is that Jeremy might give Lissy a spank on the behind. NO WAY he is blanket training a baby with a fucking PVC pipe.  Those Pearls are animals and should be locked up. 

Actually, it might be JINGER who is a non-spanker. She must've grown up seeing some horrors and might have very strong opinions on how it made her feel.  And she must look at her disturbed sister Jill's instagram and feel sick to her stomach at how those boys are photographed always crying with the parents mocking them. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

This is kind of a coup for Jinger. Rebecca Minkoff is a legit brand carried in a number of high or midrange department stores. We aren’t talking about the Bates Sister Boutique or Citrus and Lemon. I wonder how she scored this gig?

ETA Toys for Tots is also legit, and one of my favorite charities. I was a Toys for Tots kid and now that I can afford it I give toys every year. They ain’t passing out nail polish and bible tracts. Good for Jinger for doing something for an excellent (and secular!) charity.

Wonder if it's occurred to Jeremy that, despite his zeal to be an influencer and a famous guy, the one that got an actual influencer-type gig is Jingle. ....And that it's likely to be ever thus, since she obviously got the gig because her publicist was able to sell it because Jingle's name is Duggar. 

In and of herself, Jingle does and has done absolutely nothing to warrant having any fame. But she will always be a Duggar......Jer, on the other hand, will never be a Duggar.....And her fame isn't really going to rub off on him to any appreciable degree, no matter how many social-media followers he's inherited because of it. If he wants anything for himself that lasts, he's going to have to do something to get it on his own. 

As others have said, Jingle seems to have a decent publicist at the moment. She herself can barely string two sentences together, so I'm sure she did nothing to get the gig. However, she's got a publicist who used the Duggar name and the idea of "Jingerbread donuts" to get in the door. It worked......

I expect it's no accident that this is a Rebecca Minkoff thing. In recent years, she's reportedly become more active in Scientology, and some people are shying away from her because of it, not wanting to increase the flow of bucks into David Miscavige's sick coffers. Jingle's publicist had the wit to go after somebody who has a more limited range of options than some others. So, again, good job, publicist. (as long as you don't mind sending more money Miscavige's way) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 16

Jeremy's sister may have visited for Thanksgiving but the phot of Jing and Lissy with a plateful of Thanksgiving dinner was taken at a restaurant. I could see the other people in the background and the restaurant style high chair in the back. No way Jinger sweated up a storm in the ministry house kitchen for Thanksgiving. I wonder if she has ever really used that perfectly clean oven that she took those muffins out of? Looks brand new and never used. I'm so tired of these people staging their lives as if it's reality. Such fakes. 

• Love 19
On 11/25/2019 at 5:32 PM, floridamom said:

I found Jeremy and Jinger to be a bit condescending to Joe and Kendra at the restaurant. I would think they know 'how worldly and classy' they are now out in LA and wanted to shoe Joe & Kendra up. A person who possesses class and consideration would have gone to nice restaurant, one that their guests would also be comfortable dining at. Inconsiderate is what I call Jeremy & Kendra. …..also, I glanced at the prices on that menu during a couple of seconds on the screen and it was NOT CHEAP. How can the Vuolos afford to eat there so often that they 'are friends' with the owner? Does Jeremy care if the owner is his type of Christian?.

Yes, I also found Jer and Jin a bit condescending—Jin less so. She totally does things to seem less of a rube in Jer’s eyes. I think Jin is not completely secure with Jer, and he knows it. He acts like a know it all with Jinger, and probably reminds her of his college days whenever he can. Oh, he’ll cheat on her. He has a huge ego. (I really got off track, didn’t I?) 

WRT the episode, even though Jer was jerky, I’m sure having to deal with the giggly and dimwitted Kendra all weekend may have been too much. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Jer's guru John MacArthur on corporal punishment: 

'Many who oppose corporal punishment simply are not willing to look at the facts and statistics rationally. One critic of spanking bluntly states that as far as he is concerned, "Hitting children is not a subject to which rational debate applies. It is another manifestation of American's unique exploitation of children as models for absolutist behavior standards and austere punishments that grown adults would not impose on themselves" (Mike A. Males, The Scapegoat Generation, 116).

'Christian parents should not be duped by such "experts." Scripture itself prescribes corporal discipline and cautions parents not to abandon the use of the rod. In the end, the facts will be found to agree with the Word of God. '

https://www.gty.org/library/articles/A216/parenting-in-an-antispanking-culture

Which is not to say MacArthur espouses blanket training. He gives the usual caveat about not going to extremes, just as most people outside the really cuckoo cults do...

I think there are probably at least as many conservative evangelicals who still approve of corporal punishment generally as there are Catholics who do, though. .... A lot of people who leave Catholicism for evangelical Protestant churches do so because in many ways Catholics are far too liberal for them -- with their social-justice bent, for example.

Jer's parents are of pretty much the same religious bent as MacArthur, of course, with Chuck also being a pastor of pretty much the same theology. So they may well be Cathy Dillards....or they may be like some other people in these groups who quietly abandon this practice but often don't actually speak against it in any way, just leaving it because they personally find it distasteful. Impossible to tell which they are, of course. 

I do think that Jer's sermon about Jazz is somewhat relevant to his ideas about parental authority. He went into a major rant about the evils of Jazz's parents allowing her to run their home and declare things about herself that are contrary to God. And he made a lot of noise about how they exhibited bad, weak, modern parenting by not simply asserting their authority over their child and ordering her to stop flouting God's law or else. He put the blame on her parents, whom he criticized as modern and weak and thus ungodly, for allowing her evil to flourish. 

That says nothing about his corporal-punishment ideas. But it does put him on the side of authoritarian parenting, at least when it comes to matters that aren't even any of the parents' business. lol

Hahahaha a little off topic, but I agree with Jer that Jazz runs the home! If she said she wanted a $100,000 convertible, that they had to drive across the country to pick up, her enabling mother would make the arrangements in a heartbeat! LOL that is the first thing i have ever agreed with Jeremy on!

And spot on to the people pointing out that Jinger will always be a Duggar. I bet it kills Jeremy that Jinger has done absolutely nothing, while he has finished college, played professional soccer in two countries, and grifter himself to LA so successfully...yet...Jinger's fame will always eclipse his!

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder if it's occurred to Jeremy that, despite his zeal to be an influencer and a famous guy, the one that got an actual influencer-type gig is Jingle. ....And that it's likely to be ever thus, since she obviously got the gig because her publicist was able to sell it because Jingle's name is Duggar. 

In and of herself, Jingle does and has done absolutely nothing to warrant having any fame. But she will always be a Duggar......Jer, on the other hand, will never be a Duggar.....And her fame isn't really going to rub off on him to any appreciable degree, no matter how many social-media followers he's inherited because of it. If he wants anything for himself that lasts, he's going to have to do something to get it on his own. 

As others have said, Jingle seems to have a decent publicist at the moment. She herself can barely string two sentences together, so I'm sure she did nothing to get the gig. However, she's got a publicist who used the Duggar name and the idea of "Jingerbread donuts" to get in the door. It worked......

I expect it's no accident that this is a Rebecca Minkoff thing. I've read that, in recent years, she's apparently become more active in Scientology, and some people are shying away from her because of it, not wanting to increase the flow of bucks into David Miscavige's sick coffers. Jingle's publicist had the wit to go after somebody who has a more limited range of options than some others. So, again, good job, publicist. (as long as you don't mind sending more money Miscavige's way) 

So...questions...

1) Jinger is going to speak at this thing? As in, give a presentation? Without her headship? With words? Or is she just handing out doughnuts?

2) Exactly how do they reconcile Scientology with whatever twisted mashup of Gothard/Calvinist/Dollar Store/Glamism that Jingle might have to “offer”?

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

So...questions...

1) Jinger is going to speak at this thing? As in, give a presentation? Without her headship? With words? Or is she just handing out doughnuts?

2) Exactly how do they reconcile Scientology with whatever twisted mashup of Gothard/Calvinist/Dollar Store/Glamism that Jingle might have to “offer”?

My guess is Jinger's just manning the donut booth.

It's at the Rebecca Minkoff store in LA, and it looks to me like the emphasis is on shopping -- with a discount on Minkoff goods -- and getting acquainted with some other companies -- like fonuts, which I see are baked not fried almond-flour-based donuts -- and possibly the nail art, hair-braiding and makeup people who are also listed. 

You put a toy in the upscale bin and then you get your discount coupon, a free donut and some free nail art, I guess. 

I doubt Jinger has any idea that MInkoff's a Scientologist.  Who can tell if she'd even know what that is? RM doesn't noise it about, anyway. But her family has been heavily involved in it for a long time (immediate family sporting various level VII and VIII Operating Thetans and Sea Org members and the like). And the rumor in recent years is that her own involvement has been increasing, but that may or may not be true. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7

I am trying to envision the target audience for this. Jinger’s fan base in LA can’t be all that numerous...she’s a fundie mom. People who are on low-rent reality television shows are a dime a dozen, so just the “celebrity” factor isn’t much.

Apparently there are high-end Christians in that area, so I’ve been informed, but I would think they’d have their own charities, their own spa makeup consultants and manicurists, and would never touch a doughnut? 

Peculiar.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I am trying to envision the target audience for this. Jinger’s fan base in LA can’t be all that numerous...she’s a fundie mom. People who are on low-rent reality television shows are a dime a dozen, so just the “celebrity” factor isn’t much.

Apparently there are high-end Christians in that area, so I’ve been informed, but I would think they’d have their own charities, their own spa makeup consultants and manicurists, and would never touch a doughnut? 

Peculiar.

Yeah, that sounds right to me, too. I have a hard time seeing it attracting very many people....Some of the high-end Christians may even know about Minkoff's Scientology connections and avoid it for that reason....And as far as I can tell, quite a lot of higher-end conservative Christians have never been Duggar fans...

But somebody must have some reason to suppose there'll be a draw here..... They've sort of taken care of the donut thing because they're baked and are made of almond flour.... But still...

Maybe somebody's turned up demographic data that reveals a bunch of middle-income youngish conservative Christian women in the area who are interested in healthier eating and mom stuff, would like some kind of a conservative-ish role model but haven't been able to find one yet, and wish they could afford a highish-end bag but find them just a little too pricey since they've had the kids, so they'll relish that discount.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

On a Sunday night?

I started to post, “on a school night,” but maybe not...

None of it seems to make much sense. But these are big-city business people....so surely they're basing it on some kind of information that suggests it could work....

Although ...maybe not, I suppose. 

• LOL 4

I have a new term of the Duggalos. They're not wannabe influencers. They're what I call "low rent" influencers. They live beyond their means, hire a professional photographer, have the most expensive tastes, but at the heart of all low-rent influencers is a sense of entitlement that a 9-5 job is just too embarrassing for words. 

They sort of remind me of this ICU nurse who quit her job to read tarot cards and practice "witch" magic:

https://www.instagram.com/gaiaslady/

One time on her FB page someone mentioned her nursing and she literally freaked out. It was as if someone called her a hooker. To her, having to work the nursing night shift was so embarrassing she'd rather charge for reading tarot cards even if it pays 1/1000 the amount. There's nothing actually stopping Jeremy from getting a job other than the sense of entitlement that he's too good to work.

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

They sort of remind me of this ICU nurse who quit her job to read tarot cards and practice "witch" magic:

https://www.instagram.com/gaiaslady/

One time on her FB page someone mentioned her nursing and she literally freaked out. It was as if someone called her a hooker. To her, having to work the nursing night shift was so embarrassing she'd rather charge for reading tarot cards even if it pays 1/1000 the amount. There's nothing actually stopping Jeremy from getting a job other than the sense of entitlement that he's too good to work.

On behalf of sick people everywhere, thank the gods she’s out of the ICU.

Supposedly, RFP has some kind of job with the church associated with the seminary school he’s supposedly attending. Other than photos of the various freebies he’s caged and a supposed “at work” photo he passed off on the day after Thanksgiving that was from months ago, there is zero evidence that he does squat except groom, pose, play with the baby and eat out.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Peculiar.

It’s a fonut whatever that means. Maybe it’s gluten free, sugar free, dairy free yummm fest.

4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

On a Sunday night?

I started to post, “on a school night,” but maybe not...

School what’s that?-Jeremy 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

It’s a fonut whatever that means. Maybe it’s gluten free, sugar free, dairy free yummm fest.

It's baked rather than fried, made of almond flour, and designed to be not overly sweet, as apparently gluten-free desserts tend to be.

The bakery gets pretty good notices. They've been around for about seven or eight years and have a couple of locations. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I expect it's no accident that this is a Rebecca Minkoff thing. In recent years, she's reportedly become more active in Scientology, and some people are shying away from her because of it, not wanting to increase the flow of bucks into David Miscavige's sick coffers. Jingle's publicist had the wit to go after somebody who has a more limited range of options than some others. So, again, good job, publicist. (as long as you don't mind sending more money Miscavige's way) 

Note to Jer: $-tology is much more celeb friendly than fundieism. They don't even take (all of) famous people's money! You could hang with Tom Cruise. I smell a conversion in the future!

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Note to Jer: $-tology is much more celeb friendly than fundieism. They don't even take (all of) famous people's money! You could hang with Tom Cruise. I smell a conversion in the future!

Miscavige is picky about his celebrities, so I don't know if Jeremy qualifies. It depends on how many points Jinger brings to the table. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I have close relatives in CA and they say donuts are huge there.

That invite is written rather strangely , grammar-wise. It doesn't really define what "x jinger" will be doing. I'm sure Jer is planning her outfit (their outfits??)  as I type this.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I went to mom's group at the park with the grandkids on Friday and all the local doughnut places were reviewed.  Apparently the one I frequent is the best one in the area.  It's convenient is how I found it.  Odd how the doughnut discussions keep popping up.  I'm going home Wednesday so won't be tempted to go to Jinger's event.

• Love 3

The owners must be huge fans of the show, I don't see why they would partner with a Duggar. Just because she moved to LA doesn't mean her beliefs have changed. They are already getting hate on their page. 

I doubt she'll bring much business most of the people on Jinger's page are saying they wish they lived close so they could get them. Her fan base is not in LA.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 4
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Lunera said:

The owners must be huge fans of the show, I don't see why they would partner with a Duggar. Just because she moved to LA doesn't mean her beliefs have changed. They are already getting hate on their page. 

I doubt she'll bring much business most of the people on Jinger's page are saying they wish they lived close so they could get them. Her fan base is not in LA.

They bill their product as the "enlightened" doughnut. Guess some customers don't see any Duggars exemplifying enlightenment. Wonder why. 😁

• LOL 21