Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I have to wonder, in Jinger's case, how Jeremy justifies his more worldly approach to life..the pants wearing, dancing at that reception, etc to Jinger regarding her parents' rules. She was brought up to believe that HER FATHER and all MARRIED FATHERS have the direct line to God's preferences and will for us here on earth. Her whole life, her parents told the children that dancing, pants wearing was not right and could lead to sin...so they avoided it altogether not to risk sinning or causing someone to sin. (Which is ridiculous.) How is it now, not sinful to participate in those things? Did Jeremy just come right out and tell her that he parents are wrong about these things and unnecessarily severe with themselves and their children? Did she have to live such a severe life and was it all for nothing, really, in God's eyes?

I would really love to know Jinger’s thought processes (if any lol) on these topics also.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Zella said:

I find it interesting Jeremy didn't object to the bride's dress. I know a lot of pastors who wouldn't officiate a wedding with that much cleavage on display. Not saying that attitude is right--I feel like what you wear at your wedding is your own damn business--but still I think it just reinforces our collective forum theory that Jeremy doesn't really care about principles as much as he does getting media attention. 

Maybe Jeremy was surprised when he saw that dress!  

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I would really love to know Jinger’s thought processes (if any lol) on these topics also.

It would be really interesting to know what she really thinks, but I doubt she would say anything publicly. She wouldn't want to contradict or criticize her parents.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Also: Dear Brides, please know that it is in fact possible to be sexy on your wedding day without looking like you’re already dressed for the wedding night,  complete with see through lace and straps already falling off your shoulders. Your Sincerely, Old Curmudgeon

THANK YOU! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
On 11/9/2019 at 11:35 PM, graefin said:

Sorry about the window.

With the exception of cake, I really hate weddings.  But I also hate when a man calls his wife mama, so I forced myself to watch this.  I must have missed it since I never did hear him call her mama.  I did hear her say she will let him lead her (gag).

I know JB called Michelle mama all the time and it's just gross.  At least Jeremy has never called Jinger that.

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, louannems said:

I know JB called Michelle mama all the time and it's just gross.  At least Jeremy has never called Jinger that.

How about Cade waiting until she actually is a mother? She’s what, nineteen FFS. 

It’s just pukefying. The end.

• Love 20

I don't know  that Jinger should be punished because of her family, but who knows? Her family will always be how they are. Jinger is now her own person, with her own family. Should she always have to suffer because she was born a Duggar? 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I don't know  that Jinger should be punished because of her family, but who knows? Her family will always be how they are. Jinger is now her own person, with her own family. Should she always have to suffer because she was born a Duggar? 

Well, to be fair, the fallout is just as much over Jeremy's views--and the organization he has chosen to align himself with--as much as her parents' views. Jinger has never indicated she disagrees with either Jeremy or her parents, and I seriously doubt she does. If she does disagree with them, she should grow a pair and speak up.

• Love 23

I would be surprised if Jinger ever, even once, sat back and thought an independent thought, let alone one whereby she might disagree with Headship1 or Headship2. They had those tendencies trained right out of them as children and I can’t see RFP encouraging her to do anything now that might dent his fragile ego.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I would be surprised if Jinger ever, even once, sat back and thought an independent thought, let alone one whereby she might disagree with Headship1 or Headship2. They had those tendencies trained right out of them as children and I can’t see RFP encouraging her to do anything now that might dent his fragile ego.

Oh I agree, but I really have no patience for arguments that Jinger or Jeremy are the victims in being dropped by that company. 

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Oh I agree, but I really have no patience for arguments that Jinger or Jeremy are the victims in being dropped by that company. 

Jeremy's not a victim. He's made a conscious decision to follow MacArthur. As I've noted before, Jinger has always been a follower. Jeremy's beliefs are her beliefs. As they seem to be benefiting from the lifestyle at this point in time, I'm sure she questions nothing. Wait until they have to start paying their own rent and funding the lifestyle themselves. Things may not look so pretty then. 

• Love 19

For those looking for the "mama" line,  it's the end of his first sentence with the first 20 seconds. 

"All my days, I've never met a woman who's enthralled me like you have, mama."  

Cade, you're 23 and she's 19! This is a line for somebody 50 something or older!! And you don't have kids yet!

3 hours ago, LilJen said:

Also: Dear Brides, please know that it is in fact possible to be sexy on your wedding day without looking like you’re already dressed for the wedding night,  complete with see through lace and straps already falling off your shoulders. Your Sincerely, Old Curmudgeon

While the bride is certainly dressed sexy, I think she looks good. If she likes it, then I'm happy for her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

We live in the era of SM. If you pick a lane and then decide it's not the right one, you need to make it clear. With that said, pretty much no matter what anyone does or says, there's going to be haters and trolls.

I'm guessing it's ego, money, or both that keeps the J & J's of the world, putting themselves out there. Not to give them credit for being SM idiots, but I don't think being an influencer is for sissies. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How exactly is she her own person? No one knows what she actually thinks about anything.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

How exactly is she her own person? No one knows what she actually thinks about anything.

If she thinks at all.  I would just hazard a guess that she thinks what Jeremy thinks.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Yes.  And she should be put on double secret probation for a least the next six months.

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but what the hell is Gabby's attraction to Cade? He's not good-looking, his personality sucks, and he's not a big enough artist to advance her career. It's such a bizarre pairing. 

She needs to get married before she is an old maid by 21? I don’t get it either. He doesn’t even have a job. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

She needs to get married before she is an old maid by 21? I don’t get it either. He doesn’t even have a job. 

I think his job is managing Gabby's career. She's by far the more talented of the two.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Someone please tell me in a nutshell, why Jer seems to suck up after this Cade guy?

Because RFP is all about latching on to fame, even if it’s only the five minutes the also-rans of American Idol get these days.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I spent quite a bit of time looking them both up last night.  Actually they are very good singers and both released records recently.

Both love their families and seem very close to them.I

She talks about being able to help her parents who have struggled financially.

I think they are too young and think they're more in lust than in love but time will tell.

I watched all their singing from American idol 2018.  She came in second and I think he was in the top five with Katy Perry having organisms each time he sang!!!  Lol

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Those straps would have driven me crazy.  I would have spent the whole day wanting to put them on my shoulders.  I really don’t quite get the point of those but I have no fashion sense so who knows.  Cade must be awfully proud of those locks but if he’s not going to cut it, couldn’t he have put it in a ponytail?  I’m sure he spends much more time on his hair each morning then I do.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, floridamom said:

I have to wonder, in Jinger's case, how Jeremy justifies his more worldly approach to life..the pants wearing, dancing at that reception, etc to Jinger regarding her parents' rules. She was brought up to believe that HER FATHER and all MARRIED FATHERS have the direct line to God's preferences and will for us here on earth. Her whole life, her parents told the children that dancing, pants wearing was not right and could lead to sin...so they avoided it altogether not to risk sinning or causing someone to sin. (Which is ridiculous.) How is it now, not sinful to participate in those things? Did Jeremy just come right out and tell her that he parents are wrong about these things and unnecessarily severe with themselves and their children? Did she have to live such a severe life and was it all for nothing, really, in God's eyes?

Wouldn't you, the first chance you got?  

Although, she's probably mighty confused because hasn't Mechelle come out several times in public and claimed that "skirts only" is right for her and her decision; but she can't speak for anyone else and their purported convictions?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm sorry, but that bride is way too large busted for a neckline like that. Those big, heavy, droopy boobs hanging down like that especially on a wedding dress looked awful in my opinion. It didn't even fit her correctly. No support there. Brides, please use some common sense. Pick a gown for your body.

• Love 22

I agree.  Seamstresses are a thing if you need a tweak here or there to get it just right.  I had to, and it was worth it.  Don't go to the bridal shop, get one you love but is a little off looking and then flash your wedding guests, lol.

• LOL 9
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Someone please tell me in a nutshell, why Jer seems to suck up after this Cade guy?

As @Oldernowiser said, Cade has some of the fame that Jer is absolutely desperate for. 

And as a result of that, since Cade, like Jer, aims to be a conservative Calvinist pastor in the misogynistic mode,  I also think they may have cooked up a little fantasy together in which they would someday somehow get joint charge of a church they'd build into a prominent new-media megachurch for the younger generation, based on their genius pastoring and Cade's music. 

In a lot of their early social-media correspondence and some pictures and writing they did surrounding times the two of them met, it seemed to me there was something close to giddy giggling as they saw kindred spirits in each other and  sat and dreamed and sorta plotted together.

I think that probably neither of them finds a lot of other guys who are kindred spirits in their vein -- both ambitious for fame;

both with a bit of fame to build on currently;

both male chauvinists who are obsessed with their looks and fond of things like bow ties, in Jer's case, and long curly hair, in Cade's;

both convinced that they're quite handsome, charismatic and hot (they're not, but neither of them knows this);  

both proud of a family tradition with conservative Calvinist preachers in it;

and both thinking about a future in which they use the talents they imagine they have (and Cade actually does have some pretty strong musical talent) to become the living heirs of the family Calvinist-preacher tradition and gain the fame they desire as founders of a super-trendy conservative-Calvinist-media-friendly-megachurch-for-the-young with Cade's (and Gabby's) music and Cade's and Jer's preaching. (and two pretty, submissive wives to be the fluffy bows on the package)

Given the preoccupations of both and the messages they publicly exchanged, I'd be shocked if they didn't giggle over this fantasy future together and even have some hope they might obtain it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

As @Oldernowiser said, Cade has some of the fame that Jer is absolutely desperate for. 

And as a result of that, since Cade, like Jer, aims to be a conservative Calvinist pastor in the misogynistic mode,  I also think they may have cooked up a little fantasy together in which they would someday somehow get joint charge of a church they'd build into a prominent new-media megachurch for the younger generation, based on their genius pastoring and Cade's music. 

In a lot of their early social-media correspondence and some pictures and writing they did surrounding times the two of them met, it seemed to me there was something close to giddy giggling as they saw kindred spirits in each other and  sat and dreamed and sorta plotted together.

I think that probably neither of them finds a lot of other guys who are kindred spirits in their vein -- both ambitious for fame;

both with a bit of fame to build on currently;

both male chauvinists who are nevertheless oddly obsessed with their looks and fond of things like bow ties, in Jer's case, and long curly hair, in Cade's;

both convinced that they're quite handsome, charismatic and hot (they're not, but neither of them knows this);  

both proud of a family tradition with conservative Calvinist preachers in it;

and both thinking about a future in which they use the talents they imagine they have (and Cade actually does have some pretty strong musical talent) to become the living heirs of the family Calvinist-preacher tradition and gaining the fame they desire as founders of a super-trendy conservative-Calvinist-media-friendly-megachurch-for-the-young with Cade's (and Gabby's?) music and Cade's and Jer's preaching. (and two pretty, submissive wives to be the fluffy bows on the package)

Given the preoccupations of both and the messages they publicly exchanged, I'd be shocked if they didn't giggle over this fantasy future together and even have some hope that they might obtain it. 

Plus, one of the pretty, submissive wives also seems to have some bona-fide musical talent, and the other, as far as we have been able to tell, is not untalented, and might actually be quite good. So there are the fixin's for some semi-entertaining services even if the sermons fall flat. Not sure whether Gabby's dress style would be a plus or a minus in getting folk through the door.🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

That barn though! Gorgeous.

Cade is a creep. As in very creepy. But that barn is absolutely stunning.

Now you've made me want to watch the video. .... I didn't want to see creepy Cade or misguided Gabby crowning him her leader, so I haven't looked. But I would like to see the barn. Dang. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Those straps would have driven me crazy.  I would have spent the whole day wanting to put them on my shoulders.  I really don’t quite get the point of those but I have no fashion sense so who knows.  Cade must be awfully proud of those locks but if he’s not going to cut it, couldn’t he have put it in a ponytail?  I’m sure he spends much more time on his hair each morning then I do.

Or a man bun! 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Temperance said:

All my days, I've never met a woman who's enthralled me like you have, mama."  

Why do I feel like the rest of the sentence in his head is, “and believe me, lots of women have tried.”

I don’t get the arrogance of these guys, I really don’t.

• Love 8

No announcements yet! But when does Us Weekly announce things? I remember (from last month) that they announced both the birth of both Addison and Bella later in the day on Monday. So maybe an announcement from JinJer later today, unless the Duggars have a bigger announcement (like a courtship).